Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, newbie here.

There are some things that really confuse me about this case: the amount of driving WC must have done that day after a night shift seems extraordinary. And the lack of preparation. And the fact that, after no one believed his Romanian story, he just "no-commented" his way through interviews and refuses to say why he abducted and killed Sarah.

The film that he bought before the attack to cover the car seats would protect the seats from clothes fibres. If he planned to kill someone, why not have the tarpaulin and net and builders' bags etc in the boot, rather than ordering them in dribs and drabs and having to make multiple trips to the murder scene? It doesn't make sense.

WC seems quite practical and has had lots of jobs in very "organised" institutions, where being prepared is key. I suspect he planned to abduct and rape, but maybe didn't think beyond that.

It would have been far easier for him to pick his hire car up in Dover and then drive somewhere local, with less CCTV to find a target. Why go all the way back to London, where you were just that morning after a 12 hour shift? It seems very bizarre and reckless. Interested to hear thoughts on this

Wasnt the wife held on bail? Is she acquitted now? Sorry, I dont remember the details. Also, the kids returning to the same school is not a good idea in my opinion. Of course, they didn't do anything wrong so they shouldn't run away, but still. Their school life will not be easy Im afraid.

I believe she was bailed, to return in June. This is all I can find. Maybe then they decided not to proceed?

Bail extended for woman arrested in Sarah Everard case

Yes, I agree about the school. But maybe good support in place.

Wasnt the wife held on bail? Is she acquitted now? Sorry, I dont remember the details. Also, the kids returning to the same school is not a good idea in my opinion. Of course, they didn't do anything wrong so they shouldn't run away, but still. Their school life will not be easy Im afraid.

She was cleared completely in June.

I agree re the school, in fact I think she would be better off elsewhere but perhaps not so easy to move away.

A woman arrested in connection with the disappearance and death of Sarah Everard has been released and faces no further charges, the Metropolitan Police have said.

Woman arrested in connection with Sarah Everard's death released with no further action

She states in the article how great the school & the other mums have been, I assume after everything the kids have gone through the idea of taking them somewhere new where they would have no friends seems a lot harder than being around friends who are probably rallying to help

Hi there, newbie here.

There are some things that really confuse me about this case: the amount of driving WC must have done that day after a night shift seems extraordinary. And the lack of preparation. And the fact that, after no one believed his Romanian story, he just "no-commented" his way through interviews and refuses to say why he abducted and killed Sarah.

The film that he bought before the attack to cover the car seats would protect the seats from clothes fibres. If he planned to kill someone, why not have the tarpaulin and net and builders' bags etc in the boot, rather than ordering them in dribs and drabs and having to make multiple trips to the murder scene? It doesn't make sense.

WC seems quite practical and has had lots of jobs in very "organised" institutions, where being prepared is key. I suspect he planned to abduct and rape, but maybe didn't think beyond that.

It would have been far easier for him to pick his hire car up in Dover and then drive somewhere local, with less CCTV to find a target. Why go all the way back to London, where you were just that morning after a 12 hour shift? It seems very bizarre and reckless. Interested to hear thoughts on this

Hi there
I would venture that he has been desperately trying to conceal possible previous episodes/escapades.
Hence all those "no comments ".
Taking it a step further ,but we enter speculation territory here , I cannot believe he is new to extramarital adventures .
Possibly with organised sex workers .
And then , one day , it just wasn't enough.
He needed a new "game" , something that felt entirely his "work" .
And probably felt over-confident after a few times having not been caught/getting away with it .

Obviously JMO but I don't think we are far from such a scenario , possibly even worse .

Hi there
I would venture that he has been desperately trying to conceal possible previous episodes/escapades.
Hence all those "no comments ".
Taking it a step further ,but we enter speculation territory here , I cannot believe he is new to extramarital adventures .
Possibly with organised sex workers .
And then , one day , it just wasn't enough.
He needed a new "game" , something that felt entirely his "work" .
And probably felt over-confident after a few times having not been caught/getting away with it .

Obviously JMO but I don't think we are far from such a scenario , possibly even worse .

I would not be surprised at all if the sex worker story is somewhat based on reality e.g. he has a history of visiting sex workers and so he's used his experiences from that to create this story of what could have happened.

Hi there, newbie here.

His brief if he had one would have told him to no comment to everything, at that point he likely believed he could still bs his way out of it & probably thought his fellow cops would go easy on him-once confronted with the evidence they had he would have cracked & thought about his sentencing. Holding back what he did is aside from pleading guilty his only shot other than an insanity defence at a reduced sentence.

Maybe trying to make it look like he had a legitimate reason for them, rather than buying in one go? These guys aren't criminal geniuses, they tend to think with their dicks for personal gratification rather than getting away with it.

Again, that is a job he was taught & where you follow manuals & protocols. Clearly sex offending was his passion & he had little to no control or planning in his life outside of his work. A cop waving his willy at a random woman in a fast food shop shows this guy was not the person he portrayed in his job.

I personally just think he chose London because he was most familiar with it due to his job & thought he wouldn't be tied into it living in Kent.

I would not be surprised at all if the sex worker story is somewhat based on reality e.g. he has a history of visiting sex workers and so he's used his experiences from that to create this story of what could have happened.

I think you could be right. I think that when people lie, they use some truthful elements in their lies.
I am really fascinated by his purchase of the woodland in conjunction with that half-baked Romanian story. I wonder if he had got involved in people trafficking in some way and was being blackmailed? That little patch of woodland has some well used tracks leading to it, might be a handy place to unload people at night without being seen. Kent is a hub for people trafficking (for obvious reasons). My half-baked theory is that he may well have been visiting sex workers and although I think it is highly unlikely that he tried to short-change any of the women, someone may have found out that he was a cop and tried to blackmail him. He got involved with an organised gang and ended up buying his patch of woodland, making it look like a memorial ground and lending it to the OCG as a handover place. The stress of it all drove him nuts and led to the crime. In know, I know - it's far fetched, but the reality of what he did seems unbelievable too

i didn't know he had hired the car 3 days before and bought the builders bag in preperation. It was all very premeditated. Plus was he just driving around from 7am until 9pm that night looking for the perfect target? What did he do in that time frame?

I'm not going to say what I think he was doing in that time while waiting for the moment to strike. Let's just say all it takes is 1 hand and leave it at that.

Hi there, newbie here.

I dont think he planned to kill (later purchases on Amazon, etc) but rape was obviously on his mind (hired car, film tape). Maybe the sex workers he usually met (violent sex?) didn't work due to pandemic and he was desperate.

I dont think he planned to kill (later purchases on Amazon, etc) but rape was obviously on his mind (hired car, film tape). Maybe the sex workers he usually met (violent sex?) didn't work due to pandemic and he was desperate.

BBM - That is also an angle worth considering. The effects that lockdowns have had on not so strong minds are definitely not negligible , even outside of this particular sphere .

I could see the original intent being rape based on the purchases etc. But if that was the case I don't know why he'd drive her all the way out to the other side of Kent? It seems quite unusual unless his plan was to hold her somewhere.

I could see the original intent being rape based on the purchases etc. But if that was the case I don't know why he'd drive her all the way out to the other side of Kent? It seems quite unusual unless his plan was to hold her somewhere.
Yes, good point.

The driving thing is so odd. He drove his own car from London to Kent, then drove the hire car from Dover to Clapham, then left it miles from the wood where her body was found, where he presumably also drove that night before returning to Deal. That's a lot of miles on not much sleep - most peculiar.

And there is this vague chat about "At some point he transferred her from the hire car to his own car". I guess that must have taken place in Dover, as he must have left his own car there when he picked up the hire car.

The driving thing is so odd. He drove his own car from London to Kent, then drove the hire car from Dover to Clapham, then left it miles from the wood where her body was found, where he presumably also drove that night before returning to Deal. That's a lot of miles on not much sleep - most peculiar.

And there is this vague chat about "At some point he transferred her from the hire car to his own car". I guess that must have taken place in Dover, as he must have left his own car there when he picked up the hire car.

I guess there is the potential it all went very wrong, very early and she was dead by the time his car pulled away and that then causes him to do the drive. But he was charged with rape and not necrophilia so I assume there is evidence she was alive after the car leaves.

His wife mentioned his swinging moods - from depression to mania. Biopolar? He might committed this crime while in mania phase (energy, carelessness). And then depression struck - his attempted suicide in jail. But then he was LE carrying arms. How could such a disturbed person be a police officer???

His wife mentioned his swinging moods - from depression to mania. Biopolar? He might committed this crime while in mania phase (energy, carelessness). And then depression struck - his attempted suicide in jail. But then he was LE carrying arms. How could such a disturbed person be a police officer???

Gosh, yes, the no-sleep-plus-crazy-driving does sound like it could be a manic episode. The police need to tighten up their vetting policies. It's pretty hard to get a shotgun licence in this country - there are a lot of checks in place. One would hope the police might be even more thorough than that and ensure that armed officers are not suffering from fragile mental health

Detectives later established that Couzens and his wife purchased a nearby plot of woodland in 2019, and had used the area to scatter the ashes of relatives.

"Detectives later established that Couzens and his wife purchased a nearby plot of woodland in 2019, and had used the area to scatter the ashes of relatives."

Does anyone else get a gut feeling he was planning things back then? Seems a strange thing to do. JMO MOO

This is utterly BIZARRE to me.

I have never heard of a couple buying land to use to scatter the ashes of relatives (pleural= more than one deceased relative). Some random piece of local woodland.

To me, this is a kind of psychotic pre-meditation. It certainly seems that he thought he could have disposed of her ashes there and never been detected or suspect. But perhaps he found how difficult it was to reduce her remains to ashes.

I'm just horrified. I think this guy has attempted or possibly succeeded in kidnapping, raping, and murdering women before. We know he has documented sexual exposure behaviour since 2015.

The authorities really need to research missing women in areas of his past life. This extensive planning and anticipation of such an extended plan-fantasy is not his first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong