GUILTY CA - Susan Berman, 55, fatally shot, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2000

Cathy Russon @cathyrusson 9m
#RobertDurst - Lunch break until 1:30 pm PT/4:30 pm ET. @LawCrimeNetwork

[URL='https://twitter.com/cathyrusson']Cathy Russon [URL='https://twitter.com/cathyrusson']@cathyrusson
[/URL][/URL]14m
#RobertDurst - On the stand is Galveston Dive Team member Randy Burrows assisted in the search to find Morris Black's head. Prosecutor asks about the hole in the bag and if consistent with someone ripping the hole, removing the head. That brought an objection. @LawCrimeNetwork

Wednesday, June 30th:
*Trial continues (Day 23) (@ 9am PT) – CA – Susan Berman (55) (Dec. 24, 2000, Beverly Hills) – *Robert Alan Durst (57 @ time of crime/72/now 78) arrested (3/14/15) extradited (11/1/16 from Indiana prison to Calif.) & charged with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $4M Bond.
Was serving a 7 year federal prison term for illegal possession of a revolver at the time of his New Orleans’ arrest.
Trial began on 2/11/20 with pretrial motions & jury selection started on 2/19/20. Trial started on 3/4/20. Jury: 8 women & 4 men. 11 alternates. (1 alternate excused on 5/18/21) Now 10 alternates. (Trial expected to last 5 months). Trial stopped 3/16/20 due COVID-19 & will restart on 7/27/20 & retrial was to restart on 4/12/21 continued to 5/17/21 continued to 5/18/21. No court on Fridays. State will wrap by end of July if not sooner. Defense has 2, possibly 3 witnesses (one is the defendant) & thinks 2 weeks for their case. End of August is estimate.

Jury Selection from 2/19/20 thru 3/3/20 (Days 1-8) & Trial Days 1-6 (3/4/20 thru 3/12/20) & Court info from 3/16/20 thru 5/12/21 & Trial Days 1-21 (5/18/21 thru 6/28/21) reference post #366 here:
CA - Susan Berman, 55, fatally shot, Los Angeles, 23 Dec 2000 *Arrest*

6/29/21 Tuesday, Trial Day 22: State witnesses: David Avina, found Morris Black’s body parts in Galveston Bay, his testimony was read by female member of the prosecution team. Prosecutor read stipulation of body parts found in Galveston Bay. All evidence of Black’s murder displaced to jurors which a Sgt. Jones found in trash bins outside Black & Durst’s apts. Other evidence found in home of Black & in Durst’s car. Randy Burrows on Galveston Dive Team assisted in search to find Black's head. Went to lunch & no other info available. Trial continues on 6/30/21.

Cathy Russon @cathyrusson 13m
#RobertDurst - As the prosecutor reads a stipulation about the body parts found in the Galveston Bay being those of Morris Black's.....Durst turns his chair around to look at the gallery. @LawCrimeNetwork

I'd love to know why he keeps doing that.

I'd hate for him to be looking at me if I was on the jury, I'd feel intimidated by this. He's still a wealthy man and could pull some strings.

Looks Cathy & everyone else on twitter decided not to post on this trial anymore.... and all I'm getting when I search is stuff from 2 days ago. - ?? Case not interesting anymore?? I have nothing since they went to lunch on 6/29/21.

Thursday, July 1st:
*Trial continues (Day 24) (@ 9am PT) – CA – Susan Berman (55) (Dec. 24, 2000, Beverly Hills) – *Robert Alan Durst (57 @ time of crime/72/now 78) arrested (3/14/15) extradited (11/1/16 from Indiana prison to Calif.) & charged with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $4M Bond.
Was serving a 7 year federal prison term for illegal possession of a revolver at the time of his New Orleans’ arrest.
Trial began on 2/11/20 with pretrial motions & jury selection started on 2/19/20. Trial started on 3/4/20. Jury: 8 women & 4 men. 11 alternates. (1 alternate excused on 5/18/21) Now 10 alternates. (Trial expected to last 5 months). Trial stopped 3/16/20 due COVID-19 & will restart on 7/27/20 & retrial was to restart on 4/12/21 continued to 5/17/21 continued to 5/18/21. No court on Fridays. State will wrap by end of July if not sooner. Defense has 2, possibly 3 witnesses (one is the defendant) & thinks 2 weeks for their case. End of August is estimate.

Jury Selection from 2/19/20 thru 3/3/20 (Days 1-8) & Trial Days 1-6 (3/4/20 thru 3/12/20) & Court info from 3/16/20 thru 5/12/21 & Trial Days 1-21 (5/18/21 thru 6/28/21) reference post #366 here:

6/29/21 Tuesday, Trial Day 22: State witnesses: David Avina, found Morris Black’s body parts in Galveston Bay, his testimony was read by female member of the prosecution team. Prosecutor read stipulation of body parts found in Galveston Bay. All evidence of Black’s murder displaced to jurors which a Sgt. Jones found in trash bins outside Black & Durst’s apts. Other evidence found in home of Black & in Durst’s car. Randy Burrows on Galveston Dive Team assisted in search to find Black's head. Went to lunch & no other info available. Trial continues on 6/30/21.
6/30/21 Wednesday, Trial Day 23: State witnesses: No info available. Trial continues on 7/1/21.

Well - it looks like Cathy that does the tweets will be on vacation thru 1/7. I will try & find articles in the morning for the Wed, 6/30 hearing & for today's. Should have "something" over the weekend. No court on Friday. So next trial date will be Tuesday, July 6th. I believe all courts are closed on Monday the 5th.

Well - it looks like Cathy that does the tweets will be on vacation thru 1/7. I will try & find articles in the morning for the Wed, 6/30 hearing & for today's. Should have "something" over the weekend. No court on Friday. So next trial date will be Tuesday, July 6th. I believe all courts are closed on Monday the 5th.

I think I heard them say today it would resume Wednesday at 9:45. I listen to it on Law & Crime you tube

Oops - I see I posted the wrong date Cathy will be back - it should 7/7... :rolleyes:

and you are correct @KSmom333 !

from court site:

Date Time Location Dept/Room Number
July 7, 2021 09:30 AM Inglewood Courthouse 001 JURY TRIAL IN PROGRESS

link: Criminal Case Summary - Online Services - LA Court

edited to add: I looked thru my 4 people that tweet I have bookmarked for the Durst trial and NO one tweeting about it for 6/30 & 7/1 - and couldn't find any articles either for those dates. So if anyone local or in the U.S. can find them - please post. I'm interested in "who" took the stand & "where" they are from, i.e. LE, friend, etc.
TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif.pagespeed.ce.NgmNDJ18zj.gif

Had to listen to the 2 days of trial that Cathy failed to tweet on. Hopefully I have them all correct. :)

Wednesday, July 7th:
*Trial continues (Day 25) (@ 9am PT) – CA – Susan Berman (55) (Dec. 24, 2000, Beverly Hills) – *Robert Alan Durst (57 @ time of crime/72/now 78) arrested (3/14/15) extradited (11/1/16 from Indiana prison to Calif.) & charged with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $4M Bond.

Jury Selection from 2/19/20 thru 3/3/20 (Days 1-8) & Trial Days 1-6 (3/4/20 thru 3/12/20) & Court info from 3/16/20 thru 5/12/21 & Trial Days 1-22 (5/18/21 thru 6/29/21) reference post #384 here:

6/30/21 Wednesday, Trial Day 23: State witnesses: Stewart Altman, video recording of his testimony. David Avena, reading of testimony from the Morris Black trial & showed evidence photos. Jurors were clips from the documentary series The Jinx, in which he appeared to confess to the killing. Trial continues on 7/1/21.
7/1/21 Thursday, Trial Day 24: State witnesses: Continued with reading of testimony for Klaus Dickman & Ted Hanley from the Morris Black trial. Charles Harvey testimony reading from the Morris Black trial. Durst has a doctor’s appointment on Tuesday, 7/6, so trial continues on Wednesday, 7/7/21.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
14h
#BREAKING: Juror in #RobertDurst being excused due to medical reasons. There are now EIGHTEEN jurors.

Jurors are entering.

#RobertDurst is back in civilian clothes. That means his catheter has been removed.

Durst.png

NOW: The state is going to have testimony read from the Galveston trial of Durst himself, when he was on the stand.

Now a brief sidebar as they discuss the upcoming reading of Durst's testimony.

#RobertDurst following along on the iPad in front of him as his own testimony from Galveston is being read. A law student is "playing the part of" Robert Durst.

Durst2.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

and that's all she has.... I guess the reading took all day - ??

Found this on u-tube dated for yesterday.

Cont'd Testimony-Charles Harvey - Galveston Trial Witness
Testimony of Mario-Hardware Store Mngr
Testimony of Dina Simmons Davis-Housekeeper

link:

Thursday, July 8th:
*Trial continues (Day 26) (@ 9am PT) – CA – Susan Berman (55) (Dec. 24, 2000, Beverly Hills) – *Robert Alan Durst (57 @ time of crime/72/now 78) arrested (3/14/15) extradited (11/1/16 from Indiana prison to Calif.) & charged with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $4M Bond.
Trial began on 2/11/20 with pretrial motions & jury selection started on 2/19/20. Trial started on 3/4/20. Jury: 8 women & 4 men. 11 alternates. (1 alternate excused on 5/18/21). Now 10 alternates. (1 juror excused for medical reasons on 7/8/21). Now 9 alternates. (Trial expected to last 5 months). Trial stopped 3/16/20 due COVID-19 & will restart on 7/27/20 & retrial was to restart on 4/12/21 continued to 5/17/21 continued to 5/18/21. No court on Fridays.
State will wrap by end of July if not sooner. Defense has 2, possibly 3 witnesses (one is the defendant) & thinks 2 weeks for their case. End of August is estimate.

Jury Selection from 2/19/20 thru 3/3/20 (Days 1-8) & Trial Days 1-6 (3/4/20 thru 3/12/20) & Court info from 3/16/20 thru 5/12/21 & Trial Days 1-24 (5/18/21 thru 7/1/21) reference post #389 here:

7/7/21 Wednesday, Trial Day 25: Due to a juror’s appointment trial started at 9:45am. A juror has been excused due to medical reasons. There are now 18 jurors. State witnesses: Charles Harvey, continued testimony (reading) from Black trial in Galveston. Mario, hardware store manager. Dina Simmons Davis, housekeeper. Robert Durst testimony (reading) from Black trial. Trial continues on 7/8/21.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
24m
#RobertDurst - WATCH LIVE: Continuation of the reading of Durst's own testimony in his Galveston trial for the murder of Morris Black. A law student is reading the part of Durst. DeGuerin is reading his own part. @LawCrimeNetwork

Durst.jpg

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

Law&Crime Network @LawCrimeNetwork 2m

Watch LIVE: The CA v. #RobertDurst murder trial in the death of Susan Berman. Watch here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VJw5jKxfVB8…

Cathy Russon @cathyrusson 4m
#RobertDurst - The law student reading the part of Durst had to have studied Durst's voice/mannerisms. At times he REALLY sounds like him. -This trial is very odd. @LawCrimeNetwork

Cathy Russon @cathyrusson 27m
#RobertDurst - WATCH LIVE: Continuation of the reading of Durst's own testimony in his Galveston trial for the murder of Morris Black. A law student is reading the part of Durst. DeGuerin is reading his own part. @LawCrimeNetwork
https://youtube.com/watch?v=VJw5jKxfVB8…

Hearing Durst’s testimony from his Galveston trial has me wondering re the real story of what went down w Morris Black.

Not quite done w yesterday yet but had got to a point of discussion about wounds to Morris’s head - Durst claims to have shot Morris in the face as they fought over a gun. Prosecution argued that no blood was found soaked into the floor under where Morris’s head was supposed to have been, raising question of whether there was a head wound at all. Hmm.

Only story I’ve seen about why Durst murdered his friend & neighbor Morris was to steal his identity. He’d murdered Susan Berman nine months earlier, doubling down on a life on the lam even as his disguise as a mute woman was crumbling. I hope there’s more evidence on these points - what really happened to Morris & why - tho maybe it’s already out there ?? Anyone know?

Cathy Russon @cathyrusson 55s
Oh, and he's Jill Biden's ex-husband. (again, this trial is odd) #RobertDurst

Quote Tweet
Cathy Russon @cathyrusson 1m
#RobertDurst - Investigative reporter @tararosenblum joins host @TheLegalEdge today at 3pm ET. She has an exclusive interview with a man who says he had an affair with Kathie Durst in the days leading up to her disappearance and Bob found out. twitter.com/tararosenblum/…

[URL='https://twitter.com/cathyrusson']Cathy Russon@cathyrusson
1m
#RobertDurst - Investigative reporter @tararosenblum joins host @TheLegalEdge today at 3pm ET. She has an exclusive interview with a man who says he had an affair with Kathie Durst in the days leading up to her disappearance and Bob found out.[/URL]
Tara Rosenblum @tararosenblum 32m
Looking forward to joining @LawCrimeNetwork and @cheddar live this afternoon to discuss bombshell revelations revealed by Jill Biden's ex-husband in this #TurntoTara exlusive last night... Link to catch up Turn To Tara Exclusive: Jill Biden's ex-husband alleges affair with Kathie Durst before her disappearance

I don't understand "why" are they going thru Black's trial?? Why aren't they focusing on Susan??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back