Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get that either. As a teacher every time I move jobs I have to have a full enhanced DBS checks and any criminal record or even certain types of cautions would show up and, probably, mean I would not get the job.

He was not just a policeman but also licensed to carry a gun. I would have thought that would carry extensive background checks and regular checks and that any criminal act at all would disbar you from that role. If not from joining the police at all.

Which I think comes back to how lightly those crimes are treated. A bit of harmless flashing ha ha. Firstly they should be seen as serious crimes in their own right because victims are traumatised. Secondly they should ring serious alarm bells as gateway crimes to rape and to murder. It's a pattern that's been seen far too often now. Should be straight onto a sex offenders register and monitored by appropriately qualified professionals.
You are absolutely right! But changes are coming I hope. The women are saying: Enough is enough!

Interesting, I never knew this part about the antidepressants – it really does cut out a huge chunk of people with mental illnesses or problems (I also have bipolar so understand being on medications for life!|)

Sorry, I saw your other post. I wasn't trying to slight bipolar and not saying I necessarily agree with the way it is! Just that any mental health condition which typically requires lifetime medication doesn't seem to fit with their recruitment policy.

I'll shut up about this now anyway as focus should be on the case and I don't mean to distract.

Sorry, I saw your other post. I wasn't trying to slight bipolar and not saying I necessarily agree with the way it is! Just that any mental health condition which typically requires lifetime medication doesn't seem to fit with their recruitment policy.

I'll shut up about this now anyway as focus should be on the case and I don't mean to distract.

Don't worry, I didn't take it personally! I saw your second post (the one I quoted) and totally understood where you were coming from :) I didn't know that this was part of their recruitment policy so it was interesting to see!

I personally do not buy in it’s entirety his wife’s claim she didn’t suspect anything. It would be impossible not to have suspicions though doubtful she thought he was capable of this. There was an incident in 2015 but I am not sure the details have been published.
the whole Daily Mail interview is odd.
I agree. Besides it is bad taste (for me!!) to give interviews to tabloids in this situation. Silence is golden - for her children she shouldn't draw attention to herself.

Perhaps research before you accuse me of stigmatising a group that ironically I myself fall in? I know this because at one point I was curious about if it would be possible to join the Police in a non-frontline role. This is his original Police Force and it states you can't be on antidepressants for a period of 6 months before applying, bipolar as a condition generally requires being on medication for life.
https://www.kent.police.uk/police-f...ers/police-constable3/health-and-fitness-faq/

Hmm, that page is quite ambiguous when it comes to bipolar specifically. A lot of bipolar patients are given mood stabilisers such as lithium and/or antipsychotics rather than antidepressants. Though I do agree, it’s a lifelong condition that requires frequent monitoring even during periods of stability. I have bipolar with hypomania and I have to check in with my GP at a minimum every 6 months assuming I’m stable. The DVLA frequently deny and revoke drivers licenses from bipolar people and your first few licenses will be temporary and subject to doctors agreeing you’re fit to drive. It’s a whole ordeal and I’d be surprised to see a police force take on someone diagnosed bipolar. Even the right dose of medication can one day no longer be enough after years of taking it, causing a dangerous episode.

It’s possible WC has low-level bipolar/cyclothymia and that he managed to function well without being diagnosed. But also based on the interview with one of his school friends he sounds like he’s been a nasty piece of work/psychopath from day 1 - the crimes he’s committed would (IMO) most likely have happened regardless of the extent of his ~possible~ bipolarity.

I agree. Besides it is bad taste (for me!!) to give interviews to tabloids in this situation. Silence is golden - for her children she shouldn't draw attention to herself.

I dunno, I feel so bad for the woman. She’s apparently been receiving a lot of harassment including death threats. If I were in her position I’d feel desperate to publicly clear my name like that.

Snipped for focus.

I feel like this is a half truth. He likely did pay for prostitutes, and very likely could have stiffed her, and her pimps likely weren't happy about that and threatened him. (happens all the time!).

However, 'deliver them another girl' makes absolutely NO sense to me. He didn't TAKE the first girl (or did he? Is there another dead girl out there, this one a prostitute that no one is looking for?). Replacing one he 'took' (killed?) makes sense for them to want a new one. But it's not like you can pull replacement prostitutes out of your back pocket. Especially a nice girl like Sarah. You might be able to do that with a druggie found on the streets, they could be less likely to try to run off.

Anyway, back to my original thought.... if he didn't 'take/kill' the prostitute, then all they'd be asking for is the money he owes them, not 'another girl'. That part of his statement makes no sense to me.
I agree. They might be after him for money but another girl - no chance. Utter baloney.

As you say a nice ordinary woman with a job, friends and family would be looked for. As Sarah was. Why would a criminal gang risk the police looking into their whole lucrative criminal enterprise when there are desperately vulnerable women that nobody cares, runaways, addicts and trafficked women in sad abundance.

That world and those gangs might be brutal and horrible but they're not stupid.

And I agree that there possibly is a grain of truth is using sex workers - but don't think he's killed before. Tho it would be interesting to hear if he's been violent.

I dunno, I feel so bad for the woman. She’s apparently been receiving a lot of harassment including death threats. If I were in her position I’d feel desperate to publicly clear my name like that.
In my opinion tabloids aren't the right medium of expressing oneself. There will be part of sentencing called Mitigating Factors. And then she can say her part. With dignity. The pics of mother splashed on the front pages of tabloids will not do the children any favours.

Perhaps research before you accuse me of stigmatising a group that ironically I myself fall in? I know this because at one point I was curious about if it would be possible to join the Police in a non-frontline role. This is his original Police Force and it states you can't be on antidepressants for a period of 6 months before applying, bipolar as a condition generally requires being on medication for life.
https://www.kent.police.uk/police-f...ers/police-constable3/health-and-fitness-faq/

His depression may have been undiagnosed, or it could be just his wife's way of describing his mood swings (which don't have to be a mental disorder, he could just be a bit up and down). People often casually say "I'm so depressed" or "I went a bit manic" when neither clinically apply - just normal variations in behaviour. IMO

I know this is from a another case that was covered by websleuths so I'm hoping it's ok to mention it but it is relevant here.

WC is not the first murdering rapist to have engaged in indecent exposure / non contact sexual crimes. He's not the first to have that crime given a low priority and therefore little resources. So I think this appeal by the mother of Libby Squires to have such crime treated far more seriously is very important. And to have women who report them taken seriously.

They should be seen as potential gateways to far worse and treatment an important part of serious crime prevention.

https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-57736850.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16258345230292&amp_ct=1625834593110&csi=1&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

I totally agree. Its time for a shift-change.

I am also thinking about the timescale. His car was spotted on cameras at 1am at Tilmanstone - which is a few miles off the A2. So presumably he took the A2 route back to Dover. Then turned off towards Tilmanstone - which is right next to Betteshanger Park - one of the locations Police were searching in the woods back in March.

So he could have committed the rape and murder there - quiet place. Left the body there, secreted gone home took the hire care back 8.30am, picked up his own car the next morning, gone back to move the body, putting it in his own car. Deciding to take it somewhere else. Or - what else? Left the body in the hire car overnight then moved it to his own car next day in daylight? Unlikely.

It's clear that buying the carpet film and hiring the car were premeditated for the kidnap and rape. IMO But he didn't buy the builders bags, tape etc until after SE was dead - to be able to dispose of the body and any evidence.

I guess the Police are working on the assumption that if he destroyed the body and disposed of it he must have murdered her (as opposed to some sex trafficking gang murdering her and telling him to dispose of the body) - to cover up his own dna etc. JMO

In my opinion tabloids aren't the right medium of expressing oneself. There will be part of sentencing called Mitigating Factors. And then she can say her part. With dignity. The pics of mother splashed on the front pages of tabloids will not do the children any favours.
In my opinion most of the British tabloids aren't fit for anything. I guess by being interviewed she's tried to mitigate some of the wilder slanders and accusations they could be printing. But it shouldn't have to be that way.

I think you could be right. I think that when people lie, they use some truthful elements in their lies.
I am really fascinated by his purchase of the woodland in conjunction with that half-baked Romanian story. I wonder if he had got involved in people trafficking in some way and was being blackmailed? That little patch of woodland has some well used tracks leading to it, might be a handy place to unload people at night without being seen. Kent is a hub for people trafficking (for obvious reasons). My half-baked theory is that he may well have been visiting sex workers and although I think it is highly unlikely that he tried to short-change any of the women, someone may have found out that he was a cop and tried to blackmail him. He got involved with an organised gang and ended up buying his patch of woodland, making it look like a memorial ground and lending it to the OCG as a handover place. The stress of it all drove him nuts and led to the crime. In know, I know - it's far fetched, but the reality of what he did seems unbelievable too
You make some interesting points I'd not fully considered before. JMO MOO

So he could have committed the rape and murder there - quiet place. Left the body there, secreted gone home took the hire care back 8.30am, picked up his own car the next morning, gone back to move the body, putting it in his own car. Deciding to take it somewhere else. Or - what else? Left the body in the hire car overnight then moved it to his own car next day in daylight? Unlikely.
JMO

I think they said at the Old Bailey today, that at some point during the evening he transferred SE to his own car, somewhere on the Kent coast. I am guessing it was in Dover, as that must be where he parked before picking up the hire car. And as someone earlier in the thread mentioned, they didn't say "her body" in court, so the assumption would be that she was alive at that point.

I can't imagine that, after going to all the trouble to put that film over the car seats, he would then have driven the hire car into the woods and got mud all over the tyres, which could be traced to that location. He would have been working on the assumption that the hire car had not been captured on camera. The place he stopped to abduct her had no CCTV, it was the chance bus passing that captured the number plate.

As he owns a plot of land in those woods, having mud on his own car tyres would not be strange - he could just say that he had been visiting the "grave" that was there

I remember when the arrest happened, and the neighbour was on here and reported it all going on. Can't go back and find the posts now (way back in another thread) but much of what they said at the time tallies with the detailed The Times report of his arrest, including (iirc) something having been thrown out of the window.

Horrific. Poor Sarah.

He would have been working on the assumption that the hire car had not been captured on camera. The place he stopped to abduct her had no CCTV, it was the chance bus passing that captured the number plate.

Do you think he could know this for certain though? I assume he's stopped at the spot because Sarah was there and if she'd been 200m further up the road he'd have stopped there also. Unless he's canvassed that area and then looped around in circles until he found someone suitable walking alone.

I think they said at the Old Bailey today, that at some point during the evening he transferred SE to his own car, somewhere on the Kent coast. I am guessing it was in Dover, as that must be where he parked before picking up the hire car. And as someone earlier in the thread mentioned, they didn't say "her body" in court, so the assumption would be that she was alive at that point.
Was she alive but unconscious? We know she was on the phone to her boyfriend not long before it happened so had her phone. Did he manage to get her phone from her? Not that he being very careful anyway but wow isn't it risky to drive from London to Kent with an unconscious women in your car?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson