FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
In thread #6, someone did a shower experiment (unsure how closely it matched the conditions at the condo to see how quickly a towel would dry. FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #6

FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11
^ in that thread, Drew Kesse said that Jennifer showered in the morning, not at night (unless she was going out for a formal occasion). He's not a verified insider (since he was concerned about his safety); I haven't been able to quickly locate a MSM source where he says that.

As far as the shower goes I’ve recently done experimenting as well. Mine was dry after about 4 hours unless water was trapped under something or in the loofah. I even has one test when at 18 hours after the shower there was a lot of water trapped between the side of the tub and the shower curtain. If I hadn’t of been careful and flung the curtain open, that trapped water would have gotten everywhere. That really opened my eyes. Another poster pointed out to me via dm that some shower surfaces aren’t exactly level either and that could cause water to last longer. I guess what I’m saying is I’ve come to the conclusion that the shower could have been wet from that night before. It’s really impossible to tell when it was used because of all the potential variables.

As far as the towel goes, it depends on how wet it was when it was laid on the washer. Since we don’t know that it’s impossible to draw any conclusions from the towel, IMO.

She also moved out of her parents home in 1999 to attend UCF. It wouldn’t surprise me if her parents didn’t know all of her personal hygiene habits. She also could have had different personal hygiene habits while visiting home vs living in Orlando by herself.

Last edited:
Hi, I mostly lurk but I’m going back and listening to the True Crime Garage episodes about this case and had a thought. Does anyone know the logistics of employing cadaver dogs? Like if the family got permission from the landowners around oak ridge baptist and they hired a team with cadaver dogs could they go and search? Would the dogs be able to pick up anything now or does it need to be fresh? I’m just curious why the tip about the other lake led to a search but not the tip near the church.

Hi, I mostly lurk but I’m going back and listening to the True Crime Garage episodes about this case and had a thought. Does anyone know the logistics of employing cadaver dogs? Like if the family got permission from the landowners around oak ridge baptist and they hired a team with cadaver dogs could they go and search? Would the dogs be able to pick up anything now or does it need to be fresh? I’m just curious why the tip about the other lake led to a search but not the tip near the church.
The "tip" about the carpet in the lake was discovered by the Kesses and their PI in the police files and aligns with the theory that Jennifer went missing on the morning of the 24th.

The "tip" about the church originally came to light in the "Unconcluded" podcast. It would require Jennifer to have come to harm on the evening of the 23rd, or at the very least to have been out and about that evening. A theory that is frowned upon.

The church refused to allow a private search.

The "tip" about the carpet in the lake was discovered by the Kesses and their PI in the police files and aligns with the theory that Jennifer went missing on the morning of the 24th.

The "tip" about the church originally came to light in the "Unconcluded" podcast. It would require Jennifer to have come to harm on the evening of the 23rd, or at the very least to have been out and about that evening. A theory that is frowned upon.

The church refused to allow a private search.

thank you for that! I didn’t realize the church tip would’ve been the 23rd- I guess I should go back and listen to unconcluded again lol. Speaking of that, does anyone know why they haven’t put anything out recently? I am guessing it’s hard to do on top of regular jobs, and not much news has come out recently

It pinged off different towers after she got off the phone on the 23rd and then went dead around 10:40 pm on 1/23. Family has dismissed it as junk. Cell phone evidence won’t ever change and is one of the most important pieces of evidence they have.
Thanks for the link to those earlier discussions - the stuff about the lie detector is quite strange, I imagine if you were asked to do a lie detector years after the event AND you were inclined to protect the victim's reputation even in your mind you might realize you felt inclined to lie to the FBI (obviously a terrible idea) even though nobody wanted to solve the crime more than you.

Does anyone who knew the case much longer ago than me (just a few months ago) know why her Dad was at leaning towards the trafficking theory? Just blind hope that she was alive or due to some reasoning or if not evidence, knowledge? And I think he is less inclined to believe that now? As I understand it he believes she is not alive his wife still has some hope. So why the change? Just the passage of time too many years or, again, through some reasoning or knowledge if not evidence exactly?

I think the Joyce Kesse leaned more toward a trafficking theory in the beginning or an am abduction ....On Find Jennifer Kesse FB page where Drew answered questions on the Go Fund Me they have going there , he seems to have come to the realization that Jennifer's habits may have changed,ie, she may not have continued to take showers in the mornings only or that she might go out after she got home from work instead of staying in for the night ...He acknowledges that Jennifer is "no longer with us" ....What a horrible life Drew and Joyce Kesse have had trying to find their precious daughter ...

This does NOT mak any sense unless the struggle occurred somewhere other than the middle of her apartment parking lot at 7AM where many people are going to out and about for work.

Jennifers car was parked in a rough area (the HOTG) , anyone there could have rolled around on her car after it was parked there ...Not saying that the impressions weren't made by a struggling Jennifer , just that other possibilities have to be considered ....

This is an interesting point. There is a lot we don't know.
I for one don't remember anyone ( whether a friend or a relative of Jennifer's) posting anything on any forum regarding Jennier's disappearance.

I have often wondered why there hasn't been more interviews given by Jennifers friends, coworkers , family members than we have seen and heard of over 15 years ...I can only remember interviews with Rob and I believe her friend Lauren and those were when Drew and Joyce were being interviewed to ...I think Rob gave an interview by himself a few years ago about Jennifers disappearance .....You would think that friends , coworkers would have given interviews often to help keep Jennifers disappearance alive .....

Perhaps if she was meeting someone she thought it was as friends and the guy had another idea?

Could a coworker have called her asking for her to meet him/her for drinks regarding that meeting Jennifer was to lead on Tuesday the 24th? That would possibly account for her missing snake skin pumps and briefcase (she may have carried notes in that briefcase regarding the meeting in it)....Perhaps this person became aware that Jennifer had the goods on some illegal activity going on at Westgate resulting in an argument /abduction/murder??? Just my thoughts ...

Would Jennifer keep an additional relationship or relationships secret from that best friend of hers? People usually confide in their best friend.

I believe that she might have ...I can remember back to when I was 24 years old , I did not tell my parents or even my best friend about all of my relationships as I did not care for their opinions about who I was seeing ...

This does NOT mak any sense unless the struggle occurred somewhere other than the middle of her apartment parking lot at 7AM where many people are going to out and about for work.
There weren’t a lot of people around as these condos were under heavy construction at that time. I.e. the apartment across from her was vacant (appeared under construction).

This story first aired on October 24, 2020. It was updated on July 10, 2021.

Parents of Jennifer Kesse take over investigation in hopes of solving missing daughter's case

Still so many questions remain.

The PI thinks that she was abducted right outside her door and perhaps taken to the adjacent empty apartment. Then how was her body transported to a car in broad daylight? Assuming it was her car, it was found only a few hours later after she went missing. It seems to make better sense that she was driven away or with someone who made her drive away, hence the sighting of her car swerving in the parking lot.

The suspect who drove her car was wearing a white painter style suit. Assuming some of the construction workers at her condo wore suits like that.

The dogs allegedly tracked a scent from where her car was left back to her apartment complex. Makes sense that it would have been one of the construction workers not wanting to be seen returning her car to her apartment.

A stolen car really doesn't make sense. The car could have been stolen without involving her. A disappearance and presumed murder seems a little extreme for a car thief. Maybe it was disposed there in the "renown" stolen car area to make it appear that it was stolen.

Last edited:
I have often wondered why there hasn't been more interviews given by Jennifers friends, coworkers , family members than we have seen and heard of over 15 years ...I can only remember interviews with Rob and I believe her friend Lauren and those were when Drew and Joyce were being interviewed to ...I think Rob gave an interview by himself a few years ago about Jennifers disappearance .....You would think that friends , coworkers would have given interviews often to help keep Jennifers disappearance alive .....

As far as the coworkers go, remember what happened to the guy known to the media as Adam Franks...

One of her sorority sisters was open to the idea that she would go out to meet someone she knew (unconcluded #15).

I agree with you though, not a lot of people have spoken out that were close to her...

Could a coworker have called her asking for her to meet him/her for drinks regarding that meeting Jennifer was to lead on Tuesday the 24th? That would possibly account for her missing snake skin pumps and briefcase (she may have carried notes in that briefcase regarding the meeting in it)....Perhaps this person became aware that Jennifer had the goods on some illegal activity going on at Westgate resulting in an argument /abduction/murder??? Just my thoughts ...

She could have even made plans at work that day. I think it leads back to westgate somehow, and her coworkers weren’t really ever looked into either for some reason. I’ve also had the idea that she stumbled upon something at work and someone wanted to shut her up. Maybe she met up with someone she thought was a friend but they wanted more. Maybe she was involved with someone.

This story first aired on October 24, 2020. It was updated on July 10, 2021.

Parents of Jennifer Kesse take over investigation in hopes of solving missing daughter's case

Still so many questions remain.

The PI thinks that she was abducted right outside her door and perhaps taken to the adjacent empty apartment. Then how was her body transported to a car in broad daylight? Assuming it was her car, it was found only a few hours later after she went missing. It seems to make better sense that she was driven away or with someone who made her drive away, hence the sighting of her car swerving in the parking lot.

The suspect who drove her car was wearing a white painter style suit. Assuming some of the construction workers at her condo wore suits like that.

The dogs allegedly tracked a scent from where her car was left back to her apartment complex. Makes sense that it would have been one of the construction workers not wanting to be seen returning her car to her apartment.

A stolen car really doesn't make sense. The car could have been stolen without involving her. A disappearance and presumed murder seems a little extreme for a car thief. Maybe it was disposed there in the "renown" stolen car area to make it appear that it was stolen.

I agree with you on the logistical issues the abduction right outside her door creates. That’s where the crazy carpet theory stems from which in my opinion is ridiculous. I also don’t put too much credence in the eye witness that says they saw her car that morning. This was a busy area and not some rural place. I would think that if Jennifer was in any position to fight her attacker for control of the car more than one person would have noticed.

Also it has been known since early on that the clothes may not have been white. The police officers uniforms also looked white in the hog surveillance.

Also the dog could have been following her scent too. There were actually two dogs. One dog went to the apartments behind hog (park central, mid town terrace). In the police report they assume Bo was following Jennifer’s scent. It’s really impossible to know either way.

Looking at the theories of J.K. on W.S. I was impressed that at least two posters gave credence to the account by Erica (hope I have this right) who was the woman working when Jennifer (she says) nervously came into the business looking to rent an apartment. If anyone remembers the final part about a car outside waiting etc. please inform us as I missed it in the Podcast. Eric claims she went to check the name in her files once she found she was missing unless she is lying it is important as it shows us Jennifer was expressing downright fear about something. This would not fit easily with the someone at work theory or old boyfriend theory or friend of her brother theory. It fits with the workers at the condo theory but also (this would seem more likely to me) something we don't know about.

IF the dogs traced back to an adjacent apartment it could make sense of the Huntington as a location if her car had been taken to the adjacent apartment. Let's say the perp(s) realize word is out about Jennifer no time to take the car anywhere, you don't want to be seen driving with it just get it so it's not HERE.

Finally sorry for being dense here but how could the dog trace Jennifer to her apartment I don't see how this is possible unless she walked it. I think I am missing something obvious, sorry. Though I don't remember LE saying it was Jennifer correct? So it would have to be the POI? And now...same thing for the adjacent apt. the other dog traced to?

Looking at the theories of J.K. on W.S. I was impressed that at least two posters gave credence to the account by Erica (hope I have this right) who was the woman working when Jennifer (she says) nervously came into the business looking to rent an apartment. If anyone remembers the final part about a car outside waiting etc. please inform us as I missed it in the Podcast. Eric claims she went to check the name in her files once she found she was missing unless she is lying it is important as it shows us Jennifer was expressing downright fear about something. This would not fit easily with the someone at work theory or old boyfriend theory or friend of her brother theory. It fits with the workers at the condo theory but also (this would seem more likely to me) something we don't know about.

IF the dogs traced back to an adjacent apartment it could make sense of the Huntington as a location if her car had been taken to the adjacent apartment. Let's say the perp(s) realize word is out about Jennifer no time to take the car anywhere, you don't want to be seen driving with it just get it so it's not HERE.

Finally sorry for being dense here but how could the dog trace Jennifer to her apartment I don't see how this is possible unless she walked it. I think I am missing something obvious, sorry. Though I don't remember LE saying it was Jennifer correct? So it would have to be the POI? And now...same thing for the adjacent apt. the other dog traced to?

From police report posted earlier in this thread:
“The first bloodhound(Browns) tracked from the front passenger side of the car to Jennifer’s condo and the second bloodhound (Hall) tracked around the corner to Park Central Mid Town Terrace Apartments and then lost the scent. Deputy Brown stated that just because his dog tracked to Jennifer’s condo doesn’t mean that she walked back there it just means the dog picked up her scent and tracked it back to her condo. Corporal Hall said it’s possible his dog was following the track of the suspect or someone who walked past the car.”

I also think that her being scared could fit the coworker theory if she knew something she wasn’t supposed to or was involved in something with work people that’s under the radar.

She could have even made plans at work that day. I think it leads back to westgate somehow, and her coworkers weren’t really ever looked into either for some reason. I’ve also had the idea that she stumbled upon something at work and someone wanted to shut her up. Maybe she met up with someone she thought was a friend but they wanted more. Maybe she was involved with someone.

On the phone with Rob on Monday night she told him that she was tired and in bed ...According to Rob , Jennifer had told him that she loved him and he did not tell her that he loved her ...I am sure she was feeling insecure about their relationship at that point ...Perhaps she felt like she wasn't going to sleep anyway because of that and decided to go out for drinks to relax ...Could she have just not wanted to tell Rob she was going out later ? Could someone have called her after she hung the phone up with Rob wanting to see her or just showed up at her door ? I do believe that Jennifer's abduction was personal by someone she knew and thought she could trust ...

On the phone with Rob on Monday night she told him that she was tired and in bed ...According to Rob , Jennifer had told him that she loved him and he did not tell her that he loved her ...I am sure she was feeling insecure about their relationship at that point ...Perhaps she felt like she wasn't going to sleep anyway because of that and decided to go out for drinks to relax ...Could she have just not wanted to tell Rob she was going out later ? Could someone have called her after she hung the phone up with Rob wanting to see her or just showed up at her door ? I do believe that Jennifer's abduction was personal by someone she knew and thought she could trust ...

I have a feeling that she was already ready to leave or perhaps had already left her apartment when she spoke with Rob that night. I base this off her using the cell phone for that call plus the phone started pinging off different towers shortly after she hung up. I would think that if she was in bed and the conversation pissed her off and pushed her into going out that the phone wouldn’t have started pinging off different towers so quickly. Her contacts were also missing and the apartment appeared as if she had gotten ready. I agree with you 100%. I think this was done by someone she knew and trusted. I also think she went out that night and was in trouble or already deceased by the time the phone went dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak