Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mspuurfect it doesn’t seem to be the same one, although Lincolnshire isn’t too far from the one I mentioned and I agree the graffiti is really creepy.

@CSIAngus I don’t know if it has any ladders or stairs, I have only driven past it, but seems like it has the potential to.
Bit tricky carrying the dead weight of a body up and down ladders, especially with a back problem. Much more likely along a hedge line for the murder and that's where he left her before returning in the night.

Just another thought: presumably the car had child locks so once in the car, she may not have been able to get out until he stopped and exited the vehicle. Perhaps that's when she "ran out the car", but in the worst possible shoes for running in countryside.

Bit tricky carrying the dead weight of a body up and down ladders, especially with a back problem. Much more likely along a hedge line for the murder and that's where he left her before returning in the night.

Just another thought: presumably the car had child locks so once in the car, she may not have been able to get out until he stopped and exited the vehicle. Perhaps that's when she "ran out the car", but in the worst possible shoes for running in countryside.

this is why I think we are thinking too much. Not being found isn’t the same as him hiding well. Literally dumping someone into a shallow dyke and by the time he’s alerted the police, the reeds may have grown back. By the time their silly story starts falling apart, the chances of even noticing the location is gone.

remember his trips to cowbit and kings lynn took place on dark, moonless nights with heavy rain. I’m with you, there’s no way he’s going up and down a ladder with 10-11 stone on his back.

Oh and the lack of evidence in the car is weird as I would have thought once spooked (they went entirely the wrong direction quite quickly) she would be hitting windows or putting up a fight. There was no evidence, so not sure how he’s got her so complaint until those 400 steps

Oh and the lack of evidence in the car is weird as I would have thought once spooked (they went entirely the wrong direction quite quickly) she would be hitting windows or putting up a fight. There was no evidence, so not sure how he’s got her so complaint until those 400 steps
This is a timid, introverted girl who was well used to being told what to do by ScW after having been sexually abused by him for 7 years in silence. I'm not surprised there is no evidence of damage inside his car. I think ScW drove to a secluded location on one of the lanes within the Gunsthorpe mast catchment where BW did "run out of the car", not even having time to grab her bag. She did run away...from ScW but he caught her and killed her. He concealed her body at that location, returning in the night with a spade. I think BW is buried close to where she was killed. MOO

Last edited:
This is a timid, introverted girl who was well used to being told what to do by ScW after having been sexually abused by him for 7 years in silence. I'm not surprised there is no evidence of damage inside his car. I think ScW drove to a secluded location on one of the lanes within the Gunsthorpe mast catchment where BW did "run out of the car", not even having time to grab her bag. She did run away...from ScW but he caught her and killed her. He concealed her body at that location, returning in the night with a spade. I think BW is buried close to where she was killed. MOO
400 steps isn’t far at all. I agree this is possibly the most likely way it played out, but surely the police will have searched the boundaries of these roads for evidence. Damaged plants, torn clothing, blood or other human scents. As a person in this scenario she was brave and bold enough to tell her mum (which for me still seems an odd choice to make the first cry for help to), was brave enough to attempt to escape, her fight/flight had kicked in and her mental state would not have been to let nature takes it’s course at this point- how there has been no evidence is unbelievable luck and certainly involved no planning.

400 steps isn’t far at all. I agree this is possibly the most likely way it played out, but surely the police will have searched the boundaries of these roads for evidence. Damaged plants, torn clothing, blood or other human scents. As a person in this scenario she was brave and bold enough to tell her mum (which for me still seems an odd choice to make the first cry for help to), was brave enough to attempt to escape, her fight/flight had kicked in and her mental state would not have been to let nature takes it’s course at this point- how there has been no evidence is unbelievable luck and certainly involved no planning.

theres a few problems with this case

1. she was missing nearly a week before the police knew and the ridiculous story started to unfold. There would be no reason for them to be searching until they suspected foul play, and certainly no reason to look there until the phone data came back.

2. If this was london, we would have it done by now. You would have cctv, anpr, door cam, dash cam, private cameras and phone data that could pin it down to roads. They would get out a map and would be left with maybe 2 or 3 areas of interest. Here they have it reduced to an area of five towns across 3 counties. There’s infinite hiding places.

3. the police, I’m afraid to say, have been largely useless. From taking months to check the cars to allowing someone accused of paedophillia to delete images from his phone in front of them, to leaving notebooks full of information behind! Yes they are stretched thin but I don’t believe they have ever done a real search. Now it’s probably too late.

They didn't do the search because of the flooding.

yes we got hit by a biblical deluge on Friday (if you want to see tropical levels of flooding type it into YouTube!) so the thought of going into the fens would be mental. You would end up with half the searchers missing too.

I want the girl found but we live below sea level next to the coast in a country that is infamous for rain…it’s a changing landscape that floods and drains constantly.

they are planning another one but no dates announced

CAMBRIDGE
Court 1
- sitting at 12:00 pm
Mrs Justice McGowan

Trial (Part Heard)
T20207197 WALKER Scott 35NT1729420 CAMSM Crown Prosecution Service
WALKER Sarah 35NT1729420
Def's via CVP on 12/7/21 only pre brief: 11:30, (M) VCC 10 (F) LV7

Def's via CVP on 12/7/21 only pre brief: 11:30, (M) VCC 10 (F) LV7
what does all this code mean?

CVP cloud video platform

maybe it's
(M) male
(F) female

and

VCC 10
LV7

are the relevant video cameras, or video rooms at the prison?

More importantly, what are they up to linking them by video to the court mid-trial? I presume Scott is still under oath?

We need a legal bod's interpretation of what could be going on! I can only think of American verified lawyers at WS. Perhaps @Angleterre might know.

CVP cloud video platform

maybe it's
(M) male
(F) female

and

VCC 10
LV7

More importantly, what are they up to linking them by video to the court mid-trial? I presume Scott is still under oath?

We need a legal bod's interpretation of what could be going on! I can only think of American verified lawyers at WS. Perhaps @Angleterre might know.

Defendants appearing via video link ... interesting!

Hello, I've been lurking here and wish to say thank you so much for the court update re ScW the other day. I'm a mum and my daughter knew ScW.

Needless to say, I'm heartbroken for Bernadette and absolutely raging as the revelations unfold. I've signed in just to show my appreciation.

You are incredible people here.

I no longer live in Peterborough, but there is an area near Whittlesey / Peterborough called "King's Dyke nature reserve".

As you were discussing search options and maps, I wonder if anyone has included this as a potential search area? It's very secluded with countless ponds and pits.

Thank you to those who update with court content.

The lack of media is utterly disgusting and I await the next reports from web sleuths with baited breath.

I hope that justice will be served.
Best wishes and much gratitude to you all.

CVP cloud video platform
maybe it's
(M) male
(F) female
and
VCC 10
LV7
More importantly, what are they up to linking them by video to the court mid-trial? I presume Scott is still under oath?We need a legal bod's interpretation of what could be going on! I can only think of American verified lawyers at WS.

CAMBRIDGE

Court 1
- sitting at 12:00 pm

Mrs Justice McGowan

Trial (Part Heard)
T20207197
WALKER Scott
WALKER Sarah
35NT1729420

CAMSM Crown Prosecution Service

Def's via CVP on 12/7/21 only
pre brief: 11:30,
(M) VCC 10
(F) LV7

My interpretation....

I think the CVP is for today only - perhaps Scott is still in recovery mode :rolleyes:

Pre briefing at 11.30am - looks like for both Scott and Sarah but he will be in Room 10 at the VCC ( Video Conference Centre ) at Peterborough prison

Peterborough prison

Brand new digital court room opens at HMP Peterborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members