Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray that he folds and gives away the location, and if he doesn’t then I will take every square at a time and search that whole area surrounding Peterborough top to bottom,

she will be found no matter how long or what it takes, I wish the news had taken more of an interest and drummed up more of a public outrage, more help and more searches,

I know not similar but the girl from Milton Keynes who went missing who has still not been found the news seemed to forget all about her too,

I had a little emotional moment earlier today when out shopping a mother decided to abuse her child say the most vile things I have ever heard said to a child and try to physically hurt the child infront of the whole supermarket to the point of staff getting involved, it was awful to watch (I tried to help as best I could also) and it made me think of B and how I will never understand parents whether step parents or biological who cannot love their child and to physically dislike/hate someone they raised it really saddens me

I hope you guys are right but I don’t see a discovery happening unless he cracks. If we place on the map the places we know he was (as far away as tulip in Spalding) and then plot where you could conceivably go in a car during all the times the phones were off (even at 40mph) the search area is vast. It covers 3 counties of fenland, dukes, quarries, nature reserves and woods.

I pray that he folds and gives away the location, and if he doesn’t then I will take every square at a time and search that whole area surrounding Peterborough top to bottom,

she will be found no matter how long or what it takes, I wish the news had taken more of an interest and drummed up more of a public outrage, more help and more searches,

I know not similar but the girl from Milton Keynes who went missing who has still not been found the news seemed to forget all about her too,

I had a little emotional moment earlier today when out shopping a mother decided to abuse her child say the most vile things I have ever heard said to a child and try to physically hurt the child infront of the whole supermarket to the point of staff getting involved, it was awful to watch (I tried to help as best I could also) and it made me think of B and how I will never understand parents whether step parents or biological who cannot love their child and to physically dislike/hate someone they raised it really saddens me

I've experienced this, if staff don't call police then you need to get a car reg or something to identify them so that it can be investigated (I've discretely followed someone before) - if that's what the child gets in public, imagine what goes on behind closed doors.

oh for goodness sake

Cambridge Crown Court 1 T20207197
Sarah Walker
Scott Walker
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:08
Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 10:28
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 11:10 - 10:35

I thought it had been halted due to covid. In which case that’s still 10 days. Apologies if I got that wrong…the media have stopped reporting this case full stop!

I have never been selected for jury service, but I can imagine this one isn’t the most pleasant. You could be away from work for months at this rate

I thought it had been halted due to covid. In which case that’s still 10 days. Apologies if I got that wrong…the media have stopped reporting this case full stop!

I have never been selected for jury service, but I can imagine this one isn’t the most pleasant. You could be away from work for months at this rate
I had a two month case. Most fascinating experience of my life. Thankfully not a murder or child abuse case.

Today he [Scott] took to the stand to continue answering questions, after starting giving his evidence last week.

Prosecutor Lisa Wilding QC was asking him about the call Bernadette’s mum, Sarah Walker, had made to police to report her missing.
But after a few minutes on the stand, Scott Walker said: “Can I request to step down?”

Both prosecutor Ms Wilding and judge Mrs Justice Maura McGowan explained the procedure about what would happen - that Ms Wilding would continue asking him questions, before his defence counsel, Elizabeth Marsh QC, would ask him more questions, and that this was the last chance he would get to tell the jury his side of the story.

Scott Walker replied: “I want to apologise and step down.” When asked what he wanted to apologise for, he said ‘for stepping down.’

The court took a short break, and after the break, Scott Walker returned to continue answering questions.

Bernadette Walker was last seen alive on July 18, when Scott Walker picked her up from her grandparents’ house in the morning. In the days previously she had made allegations that Scott Walker had sexually abused her.

Scott Walker has said that on the journey home, Bernadette had got out of the car and walked off.

While she was last seen alive on the morning of Saturday, July 18, her disappearance was not reported to police until the early hours of Tuesday, July 21, when Sarah Walker made a 101 call to police.

Before the break, Ms Wilding asked Scott Walker if he knew Sarah Walker would be making that call.

He said: “Yes, I knew Sarah was phoning the police, yes.”

He was asked if he knew the purpose of the call was to report Bernadette missing, to which he replied ‘yes.’

Ms Wilding asked if it had been discussed what would be said during the call. He said: “No.” He also said it was Sarah Walker’s decision to contact police.

Ms Wilding said: “On your account, Bernadette walked away from your car just before Saturday lunchtime. All of Saturday has gone by, all of Sunday has gone by, all of Monday has gone by and it is now 3am on Tuesday morning. Why hadn’t police been called any sooner to report a 17-year-old girl had gone missing?”

Scott Walker replied: “I don’t recall.”

He was asked: “Had you given any thought to alerting the authorities?”

He said: “No, I was leaving it all to Sarah.”

He was then asked if there had been any conversations between him and Sarah as to whether to report Bernadette missing.

He said there had been a conversation, but when asked what that conversation had been, he replied ‘I don’t recall.’

He was asked if there was a deliberate decision made not to report her missing, to which he replied ‘no.’

Ms Wilding then said: “Think hard about the conversation that you had with Sarah about whether or not to report Bernadette missing.”

Scott replied: “I’m thinking hard, and I can’t recall.”

At that point he asked to step down from the witness stand.

This morning the jury were told it is likely they will retire to consider their verdicts at some point in the middle of next week.

Today he [Scott] took to the stand to continue answering questions, after starting giving his evidence last week.

Prosecutor Lisa Wilding QC was asking him about the call Bernadette’s mum, Sarah Walker, had made to police to report her missing.
But after a few minutes on the stand, Scott Walker said: “Can I request to step down?”

Both prosecutor Ms Wilding and judge Mrs Justice Maura McGowan explained the procedure about what would happen - that Ms Wilding would continue asking him questions, before his defence counsel, Elizabeth Marsh QC, would ask him more questions, and that this was the last chance he would get to tell the jury his side of the story.

Scott Walker replied: “I want to apologise and step down.” When asked what he wanted to apologise for, he said ‘for stepping down.’

The court took a short break, and after the break, Scott Walker returned to continue answering questions.

Bernadette Walker was last seen alive on July 18, when Scott Walker picked her up from her grandparents’ house in the morning. In the days previously she had made allegations that Scott Walker had sexually abused her.

Scott Walker has said that on the journey home, Bernadette had got out of the car and walked off.

While she was last seen alive on the morning of Saturday, July 18, her disappearance was not reported to police until the early hours of Tuesday, July 21, when Sarah Walker made a 101 call to police.

Before the break, Ms Wilding asked Scott Walker if he knew Sarah Walker would be making that call.

He said: “Yes, I knew Sarah was phoning the police, yes.”

He was asked if he knew the purpose of the call was to report Bernadette missing, to which he replied ‘yes.’

Ms Wilding asked if it had been discussed what would be said during the call. He said: “No.” He also said it was Sarah Walker’s decision to contact police.

Ms Wilding said: “On your account, Bernadette walked away from your car just before Saturday lunchtime. All of Saturday has gone by, all of Sunday has gone by, all of Monday has gone by and it is now 3am on Tuesday morning. Why hadn’t police been called any sooner to report a 17-year-old girl had gone missing?”

Scott Walker replied: “I don’t recall.”

He was asked: “Had you given any thought to alerting the authorities?”

He said: “No, I was leaving it all to Sarah.”

He was then asked if there had been any conversations between him and Sarah as to whether to report Bernadette missing.

He said there had been a conversation, but when asked what that conversation had been, he replied ‘I don’t recall.’

He was asked if there was a deliberate decision made not to report her missing, to which he replied ‘no.’

Ms Wilding then said: “Think hard about the conversation that you had with Sarah about whether or not to report Bernadette missing.”

Scott replied: “I’m thinking hard, and I can’t recall.”

At that point he asked to step down from the witness stand.

This morning the jury were told it is likely they will retire to consider their verdicts at some point in the middle of next week.
Seriously ? He obviously needed time to think even harder! More *advertiser censored* and bull stories to come no doubt.

I’m not liking this trial. I’m sorry but it’s been two weeks of nothing so far. Constant stop start and very little questioning or evidence.

I think both are going down for life, but I don’t think either are safe convictions. He’s had no comment of recollection of anything, she’s blatantly gaslighting…but we have nothing substantial and they are meant to give a verdict next week.

I would rather it takes as long as it takes. If he’s going to cry every 3 questions then so be it. The poor girl deserves justice

I had assumed that after ScW was cross-examined by the prosecution, SaW would then take the stand to first be questioned by her defence and then cross-examined by the prosecution. I had further assumed that only then would both received the jury's verdicts.

When will SaW take the stand?
Can ScW receive his verdict independently of SaW?

I'm glad they managed to talk him round. It would have been so infuriating if he had his case put to the jury by his defence but didn't allow the prosecution to cross examine it.
Absolutely. Cowardly cries like a baby when he doesnt like the questions and tries to run away!! Nothing compared to what he put Berni through.

Grrrrr :mad:

Hi all - just a quick catch up while I’m on lunch break! I’ll type up a full report later. The Telegraph account is pretty accurate. ScWwas visibly nervous when he began. He was shaking and unable to look at the jury. It took 40 mins to persuade him to return to the stand where he’s being taken through the 3am phone call to the police line by line. He’s admitted he knew SaW was lying. He’s very unwilling to talk about SA. He doesn’t want it all over the papers! He’s carrying in this afternoon. Yes the judge is expecting the case to be considered by the jury by the middle of next week. I’m not sure if SaW is here - I haven’t seen her.

Hi all - just a quick catch up while I’m on lunch break! I’ll type up a full report later. The Telegraph account is pretty accurate. ScWwas visibly nervous when he began. He was shaking and unable to look at the jury. It took 40 mins to persuade him to return to the stand where he’s being taken through the 3am phone call to the police line by line. He’s admitted he knew SaW was lying. He’s very unwilling to talk about SA. He doesn’t want it all over the papers! He’s carrying in this afternoon. Yes the judge is expecting the case to be considered by the jury by the middle of next week. I’m not sure if SaW is here - I haven’t seen her.

I had assumed that after ScW was cross-examined by the prosecution, SaW would then take the stand to first be questioned by her defence and then cross-examined by the prosecution. I had further assumed that only then would both received the jury's verdicts.
When will SaW take the stand? Can ScW receive his verdict independently of SaW?

After Scott finishes then his Defence Counsel may call other witnesses - although I suspect not, as I think all the relevant people have been called already by the Prosecution.
If he finishes today or early tomorrow then there is time for Sarah to give evidence tomorrow and Friday.

That would mean closing arguments and Judge's summing up on Monday and Tuesday next week, with the Jury going out mid week.

The Jury will very likely return both verdicts at the same time. I think I have only followed one case where a verdict against one accused was brought in and the Jury then continued deliberations on the second accused.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member