SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Does anyone have the approved reference as to where we learned that there was a property manager and that he had been fired? Is this accurate or just one of those rumors repeated enough that we think it’s accurate?

I live in a community were half the residents are part-timers. They don’t have live-in help like we are discussing but when they are not here, they do have people that come and take care of their property, lawn and dock maintenance, etc.

I’ve had the impression that the M’s used the River House and Moselle in the same way…but Moselle included hunting dogs and significant grounds maintenance. I can’t see AM on that tractor in his free time, or MM being tasked with the feeding and care of the dogs.

But…like everything else…who knows?

If true that a manager was fired…was it recent? If true it’s interesting on several levels. The victims were found not only near the kennels but also near the small house that might have been used by an onsite manager as his home. So losing a j0b would also entail moving from that house.

If this is even true, it would be interesting to know if the firing was recent and the moving process, i.e….getting ones personal belongings…was underway or long completed?

just my imagination at work…

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have the approved reference as to where we learned that there was a property manager and that he had been fired? Is this accurate or just one of those rumors repeated enough that we think it’s accurate?

I live in a community were half the residents are part-timers. They don’t have live-in help like we are discussing but when they are not here, they do have people that come and take care of their property, lawn and dock maintenance, etc.

I’ve had the impression that the M’s used the River House and Moselle in the same way…but Moselle included hunting dogs and significant grounds maintenance. I can’t see AM on that tractor in his free time, or MM being tasked with the feeding and care of the dogs.

But…like everything else…who knows?

If true that a manager was fired…was it recent? If true it’s interesting on several levels. The victims were found not only near the kennels but also near the small house that might have been used by an onsite manager as his home. So losing a j0b would also entail moving from that house.

If this is even true, it would be interesting to know if the firing was recent and the moving process, i.e….getting ones personal belongings…was underway or long completed?

just my imagination at work…
BBM: So now we add one more person to the list of potential suspects? Aye yi yi

Why are you so sure that AM had nothing to do with this?

You make a good point. His brothers are our only source for the ‘iron-clad’ alibi. We have no word from LE one way or the other. We know nothing of his timeline…or where PM or MM were respectively in the hours before the killings.

I’ve even thought this could possibly be a murder suicide…but that’s a bit much of a stretch….even for me.

If he even exists….

He exists but I can't post his name here as we're not allowed. Creative Googling might give you the source.

I prefer to look at it this way ... by all accounts, the M's were part-time residents @ Moselle, particularly in the summer. If AM/MM were at Edisto Beach, who fed the dogs and looked after the property ? If local criminals got wind the property was not occupied, all of their expensive farm equipment might have gone missing as well as the main house burglarized.

So who looked after the property while M's were gone ?

PM ? Not likely
BM ? Out of town
RM4/JM Maybe for short stretches

Highly likely they had a farm/property manager and if he was fired, might explain why the M's were spending more time @ Moselle until they could hire a new one.

Last edited:
You make a good point. His brothers are our only source for the ‘iron-clad’ alibi. We have no word from LE one way or the other. We know nothing of his timeline…or where PM or MM were respectively in the hours before the killings.

I’ve even thought this could possibly be a murder suicide…but that’s a bit much of a stretch….even for me.

Murder-suicide ? Multiple gunshot wounds to both victims ? Nah ...

Why would he have spent so much time protecting Paul just to kill him later ?
Maybe when he realized he couldn't make another young man be the fall guy for PM.
I think AM had no clue how to handle his youngest son and perhaps felt this was going to be a continual way of life. IMO, AM was going to have to be clean up man for the rest of his days.

Maybe when he realized he couldn't make another young man be the fall guy for PM.
I think AM had no clue how to handle his youngest son and perhaps felt this was going to be a continual way of life. IMO, AM was going to have to be clean up man for the rest of his days.

IMO, a remote likelihood. I believe he loved his whole family and had nothing to do with the murders.

And on that 911 call AM may have mentioned that young fall guy. Would explain CC’s concerns with the boat crash. After those law enforcement reports/depositions it was obvious everything wasn’t being reported correctly. AC’s statement being written for him and not recorded. He was telling them exactly what happened & that PM wasn’t going to get in any trouble.

I keep thinking that AM loved his family & could never do that to them. I start to think maybe just a robbery gone wrong. But then that time of night not good for a robbery & why were the cameras off. I also do think MM & PM had come home & were stopping to feed the dogs.

Reports? I have not seen this. Was this person there before the M’s sold home in town and moved out to moselle?

The property I see wouldn’t require a “farm manager”.

I would agree with you in that it would not absolutely require a farm manager.

The property evidently consists of a very large home- though not quite what is commonly thought of as a "mansion", kennels, barns, fences etc. Maintaining these buildings would not require a full time caretaker.

Neither would say, maintaining the surrounding acreage for optimal hunting. This could include clearing certain areas to attract game birds- or perhaps deer?

But.... as the family is wealthy, they can afford a variety of luxuries. One such luxury was evidently employing a care taker / farm manager to do work that they did not have time to do, or were simply not inclined to do. A resident manager could also deter theft and poaching.

Murder-suicide ? Multiple gunshot wounds to both victims ? Nah ...

Seems pretty unlikely, but it could also have potentially been a 'murder the murderer' if it was a domestic situation. (another long shot). What if one victim got angry with the other and then a third person saw what happened and took matters into their own hands?

Seems pretty unlikely, but it could also have potentially been a 'murder the murderer' if it was a domestic situation. (another long shot). What if one victim got angry with the other and then a third person saw what happened and took matters into their own hands?

I’ve wondered about this too. That would also explain the two guns.

I would agree with you in that it would not absolutely require a farm manager.

The property evidently consists of a very large home- though not quite what is commonly thought of as a "mansion", kennels, barns, fences etc. Maintaining these buildings would not require a full time caretaker.

Neither would say, maintaining the surrounding acreage for optimal hunting. This could include clearing certain areas to attract game birds- or perhaps deer?

But.... as the family is wealthy, they can afford a variety of luxuries. One such luxury was evidently employing a care taker / farm manager to do work that they did not have time to do, or were simply not inclined to do. A resident manager could also deter theft and poaching.

Sounds like an assumption is being made Moselle is the only property that would be managed. The M's owned a bunch of acreage/properties in and around Hampton/Colleton counties and the Moselle property was just one of them. We don't know if they had them farmed, used them for grazing animals, or were they strictly used for hunting. If you enter MM's name in the Colleton County records, you can see the individual properties listed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member