AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the area of his job and the area he was last seen both look super remote. I wonder who last saw him out that way? Was what the witness doing out there also?

Was he last seen driving his car? Surely he wouldn't have been walking anywhere in that heat.....unless his car broke down and he had no phone signal?

Maybe he was offered a ride to town by someone with nefarious intentions?

Wow, the area of his job and the area he was last seen both look super remote. I wonder who last saw him out that way? Was what the witness doing out there also?

Was he last seen driving his car? Surely he wouldn't have been walking anywhere in that heat.....unless his car broke down and he had no phone signal?

Maybe he was offered a ride to town by someone with nefarious intentions?
BBM, Yes. He was last seen driving away from a remote job site in Buckeye. There are a couple of maps at the link below. His vehicle is also pictured on page 1. MOO

AZ - AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 June 2021

Civil Air Patrol flyovers is the best method for that type of terrain. Whole lot of nuthin out there. His vehicle should have stood out if he had broken down.
I've flown the CAP grid searches many years ago. The aircraft has to remain 500 feet above terrain/highest structure/building in a remote area to be legal. A car that may be close to the color of the landscape is harder to spot than you think. I'm glad they set up a search. They've been extremely useful in SAR in the past.

The thing that's holding me back is - where's the car? If he had a mental issue and left his car behind it should've been found by now...

I always wonder that too! I mean in areas with a lot of water I worry a wreck into water happened, but it would seem in a more desert like area, there isn't many places to wreck and not be seen by driving by unless there are cliffs and drop offs, but a plane or drone hopefully would spot something!

I've flown the CAP grid searches many years ago. The aircraft has to remain 500 feet above terrain/highest structure/building in a remote area to be legal. A car that may be close to the color of the landscape is harder to spot than you think. I'm glad they set up a search. They've been extremely useful in SAR in the past.

Drones are used in lower level searches but are limited by battery time and air density. Blue is one of the colors that does stand out in desert environments.

SC man missing in Arizona, last seen leaving work June 23

July 13
Officials say 24-year-old Daniel Robinson was last seen driving away from his job site in the desert area west of Sun Valley Parkway on June 23.

According to police, Robinson did not tell anyone where he was going or why he was leaving.

On July 9, the Arizona Civil Air Patrol assisted police with an extensive search by air and land. However, no signs of Robinson or his vehicle, a blue 2017 Jeep Renegade, were found.

He moved to Arizona to temporarily work for Matrix New World Engineering, but is from South Carolina.

Search intensifies for field geologist last seen leaving job site in Buckeye, Arizona in June

When David Robinson got the call that his son was missing, the worried father jumped in his car and drove some 2,000 miles from South Carolina to Arizona, hoping for a miracle.

But it’s been nearly three weeks since 24-year-old Daniel Robinson was last seen on June 23, 2021, and his father, along with others, are still in Arizona searching.

According to an updated press release issued by the Buckeye Police Department on Monday, Daniel Robinson was last seen driving a blue 2017 Jeep Renegade with Arizona license plate NLA2CMA away from his job site near Sun Valley Parkway and Cactus Road, heading west, further into the desert area.

His father said they were notified of his disappearance by the company Daniel worked for.

David added that the company Daniel works for has been very supportive of the family throughout the ordeal.

Daniel Robinson was last seen driving a blue 2017 Jeep Renegade with Arizona license plate NLA2CMA away from his job site near Sun Valley Parkway and Cactus Road, heading west, further into the desert area.

BBM.

Oh my. That doesn't sound good. I'm going to check Google Maps to see how far the road leads, and if it eventually hits a major road again or even a small town or community.

Well, oops on the biking idea..:oops:...:rolleyes:...:confused:

Still SMH on this -- something happened to this promising young man. His dad must be frantic.

He can bike just fine with or without a prosthesis. I won't post pictures of a little Laughing but I have them.

We're a Shriner's Hospital family, thank God for the Shriners, their hospitals, physical & occupational therapists, and the aaaalll the people who teach you that it really, really is going to be OK!

Now back to Mr. Robinson!

What a handsome fella! I can see how his blue vehicle might not pop out easily since it's a "dimmer" blue (not super vivid). I attached a PDF from LE with his exact vehicle.

We're pulling for you, Daniel!

Attachments

• DanielRobinson.pdf
    239.2 KB · Views: 54
He can bike just fine with or without a prosthesis. I won't post pictures of a little Laughing but I have them.

We're a Shriner's Hospital family, thank God for the Shriners, their hospitals, physical & occupational therapists, and the aaaalll the people who teach you that it really, really is going to be OK!

Now back to Mr. Robinson!
God bless you and little Laughing.

BBM.

Oh my. That doesn't sound good. I'm going to check Google Maps to see how far the road leads, and if it eventually hits a major road again or even a small town or community.

I've been scouring the map as well. There are only dirt roads to the west of his jobsite area. The most prominent ones seem to be along runs of high voltage power towers, through washes, over a canal...No shade, no pavement.

The closest point of interest appears to be a trailhead/gathering point for the Ankon Hiking Trail. There's a somewhat 'direct' route from the intersection of Sun Valley Pkwy & W Cactus Rd (his purported jobsite), through the dirt roads and washes. If the terrain were difficult, he may have been or may still be somewhere out there with a blown tire or broken down vehicle.

I'm kind of surprised that google maps says you can get through on this route. Are there no gates on any of these roads!? Is this all public land? I see what looks like a power station. Wouldn't something like that be gated? MOO.

Google Maps

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 8.39.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 8.39.04 PM.png
    648.2 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors