GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, found deceased, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #51

Just popped on to Court TV on my lunch break today thinking I’d be enjoying that sweet smell of justice in catching what SURELY would be a recap of CBR’s sentencing to LWOP. Only to find WHAAAAAT?! Seriously?! An Iowa sex trafficking ring captured Mollie, a well-known, well-loved, local family girl with a zillion people who would miss her immediately- then killed her when the case went high-profile? PAH-LEEEZZZZZE. Unbelievable. I am not often surprised with much in this life, but today I am stunned.
NOT the closure I was hoping to witness. I am so sorry for how this must feel to those closest to Mollie.
Judge Delays Cristhian Bahena Rivera's Sentencing As Defense Seeks Information On Other Suspects
Yes, the kidnapped and raped/trafficked Mollie and killed when the police were in the neighborhood. but then also apparently kidnapped and raped/trafficked another girl, but just let her go afterwards.

What is wrong with these people? Like they are in the back of the room waving “Me!” “Me!” “Me, too!”
I guess they are proving the adage that bad attention is better than no attention.

Where have they been for three years? Really? They just now realized they knew something? What’s the carrot, there’s got to be one.

People like this are wasting our oxygen. Enough is enough.

I completely agree with you but this behavior isn’t anything new…..see John Mark Karr (JonBenet Ramsey case). Attention….simple as that.

Last edited:
Yes, the kidnapped and raped/trafficked Mollie and killed when the police were in the neighborhood. but then also apparently kidnapped and raped/trafficked another girl, but just let her go afterwards.

Many serial killers let victims go, it's not unheard of, a very strange thing granted, the victim builds a strange rapport with the killer.

Oh my gosh, I cannot bear the defense attorneys! Nothing that they said has anything to do with Mollie’s case. Because this Lowe guy had a drink in Brooklyn one time means he’s the killer? Because this Voss woman was walking down a road near there and says she was trafficked means it’s connected to Mollie? Ridiculous.
I was glad the prosecutor expressed outrage over the whole circus. I wish the judge would do the same, but I doubt it. He has been way to lenient to the Freses and their pathetic tactics throughout this entire ordeal.
And through it all CBR sits there in a semi-comatose state. Guilty. Guilty . Guilty.

I know my cynical sarcastic smart**** personality may be a bit too much for some but Ive been saying….come on to both Frese attorneys…..attribute Jodi Heisntruit(Iowa missing persons case 1995) to the same mythology/larger than life sex trafficking ring. If you are going to fling BS against the wall at the rate they are might as well go for the Gold. Preposterous doesn’t even cut it as it stands right now. Buck up and go be bold if you are going to be this ridiculous. Blow your whole careers and namesakes….I dare you.

I know my cynical sarcastic smart**** personality may be a bit too much for some but Ive been saying….come on to both Frese attorneys…..attribute Jodi Heisntruit(Iowa missing persons case 1995) to the same mythology/larger than life sex trafficking ring. If you are going to fling BS against the wall at the rate they are might as well go for the Gold. Preposterous doesn’t even cut it as it stands right now. Buck up and go be bold if you are going to be this ridiculous. Blow your whole careers and namesakes….I dare you.

Yeah, but they didn't make the 'informants' come forward, in fact they thought it a 'crazy notion' until they heard about the second 'informant'. What would the 'Prosecutors' do 'if the tables were turned'? No doubt they would do the same thing for their client.

I bet he's wishing he never took the stand to tell such a ludicrous tale because THEN this would be a tiny bit more believable, but he already painted a very different picture and none of the new story matches the one he told.
It's a mess. Maki claims Jones admitted to the killing in November 2020 when they were housed together in jail, so that would have been prior to CBR's testimony. Maki also claims he saw CBR's testimony on TV on May 26, 2021, so he had to know that his forthcoming "story" didn't match, but he told it anyway. Does that make it more or less valid? IDK

In the meantime, again on May 26, 2021, an emotional and likely intoxicated Voss contacts officials. She doesn't share any kind of sex trafficking story, only that Jones admitted, during an apparently violent confrontation between Voss and Jones a month prior, that he had killed Mollie.

So yeah, you've got the word of a convicted killer versus the words of a felon and drunk woman. Lies abound, I'm sure, but the physical evidence will have to be explained via the Jones story to make any difference for CBR. But I have to admit, there does seem to be something "rotten" going on in that small area, and it needs to be addressed. If nothing more comes from this than some very bad people getting put away, Mollie's legacy will be of justice.

Yeah, but they didn't create the 'informants' coming forward, in fact they thought it a 'crazy notion' until they heard about the second 'informant'. What would the 'Prosecutors' do 'if the tables were turned'? No doubt they would do the same thing for their client.

Yeah sure. Just like football or any sport/strategic activity…..if you have a play…..you play it. See how it all works out. But you, I, and everyone else looking at the same proverbial chess board knows nothing will come of this. Like I’ve said for days now….it’s a stalling tactic at best. It holds no ground. No more than an expired fast pass at Walt Disney World. Can it be argued? Sure? Using American college football references as metaphors….this isn’t even close to the kick-6(I was in the stands for that). Definitely not it. Will the result still turn up in CBR being guilty of Murder in the 1st….well I’ll say it with 99.99% certainty. This is just a stretch of time. Nothing more, nothing less. Tick tock….Cristhian, tick tock. Life incarnation is coming for you.

Last edited:
OMG I wish I would have come up with this.

Many serial killers let victims go, it's not unheard of, a very strange thing granted, the victim builds a strange rapport with the killer.
These are alleged sex traffickers. They are looking to continue their enterprise. Not some serial killer that is demented and knows he will eventually be caught. They are very calculating people. No way they would let her just go.

These are alleged sex traffickers. They are looking to continue their enterprise. Not some serial killer that is demented and knows he will eventually be caught. They are very calculating people. No way they would let her just go.
Somewhere in these articles I saw where Lowe lived with XH's mom in 2018, until they got evicted. That's the same year the supposed "trap house" was operating in New Sharon, IA. After this woman was picked up for walking along the highway, and she told her story of being sex-trafficked, LE went to search the house in New Sharon but Lowe was already gone. I *think* I have that all straight...

I wonder if that house in New Sharon is where they lived and got evicted from?

It's a mess. Maki claims Jones admitted to the killing in November 2020 when they were housed together in jail, so that would have been prior to CBR's testimony. Maki also claims he saw CBR's testimony on TV on May 26, 2021, so he had to know that his forthcoming "story" didn't match, but he told it anyway. Does that make it more or less valid? IDK

In the meantime, again on May 26, 2021, an emotional and likely intoxicated Voss contacts officials. She doesn't share any kind of sex trafficking story, only that Jones admitted, during an apparently violent confrontation between Voss and Jones a month prior, that he had killed Mollie.

So yeah, you've got the word of a convicted killer versus the words of a felon and drunk woman. Lies abound, I'm sure, but the physical evidence will have to be explained via the Jones story to make any difference for CBR. But I have to admit, there does seem to be something "rotten" going on in that small area, and it needs to be addressed. If nothing more comes from this than some very bad people getting put away, Mollie's legacy will be of justice.
We don't even actually have that. We have Maki and the woman CLAIMING that Jones said this. That won't be admissible in a potential second trial. Jones himself would have to get up there and say it. I don't see that happening.

I bet he's wishing he never took the stand to tell such a ludicrous tale because THEN this would be a tiny bit more believable, but he already painted a very different picture and none of the new story matches the one he told.

I just heard this new stuff today—if anyone takes it seriously, shouldn’t CBR be tried for perjury?

Here's the response (link below the tweet) the state filed yesterday, Brown lays it out pretty succinctly why a new trial for CBR with this...information...wouldn't help CBR at all.

@Angenette5· 17h

NEW: Prosecutors in IA oppose Cristhian Bahena Rivera's request for new trial based on an inmate coming forward and claiming another inmate confessed to killing Mollie Tibbetts. Hearing tomorrow AM. Read state's response: https://dropbox.com/s/nj9al8l07y7b6p3/Rivera%20Resist%20Mtn%20for%20New%20Trial.pdf?dl=0…
@LawCrimeNetwork

Superb!
If the judge doesn’t dismiss all of the defense’s nonsense, he needs to be investigated.

But we also can't forget that after a woman found walking on the highway, alleging she'd been kidnapped, drugged, and raped inside a trap house (2018), police investigated her claim. Investigators searched the alleged trap house (connected to JL) and found no evidence to substantiate her claim. It appears that to date, JL has never been arrested, charged, and/or convicted of any alleged kidnapping or sex trafficking. Seems his issue here is having once been in a relationship with XH's mother.

MOO

WQAD Denise Hnytka 37m ·

I want to lay out everything we know so far about the Mollie Tibbetts/Cristhian Bahena Rivera/Xavior Harrelson developments, as of today (7/15).
First and foremost, a jury convicted Cristhian Bahena Rivera of murdering Mollie Tibbetts in May. The jury ultimately believed that he followed Mollie, approached her while she was on her nightly run, and got angry that she threatened to call police. They believe he stabbed her and left her body in a cornfield, where she lay for 6 weeks. That has not changed. He still faces life in prison without parole. But his defense attorneys, Chad and Jennifer Frese are trying to get him a new trial, based on some new information.
The Freses also believe that new information includes a connection to a missing boy in Poweshiek County, 11-year-old Xavior Harrelson. At today's court hearing, they asked a judge to help expand on that information to back up their request for a new trial.
Here's the breakdown of their argument.
1. During Bahena Rivera's trial, an inmate came forward to report that he was told by a man named Gavin Jones that he (Jones) had killed Mollie Tibbetts. The inmate says Jones confessed he worked in concert with another unidentified man to kidnap Mollie, kill her, and then frame another man for the murder. Jones claimed he saw Mollie bound inside a "trap house" and that she was killed because the search for her "got too big, too quick". The state told the defense about the new development and offered to stop the trial to investigate. The Freses determined it wasn't enough at the time and the trial moved forward, ending in a conviction. The state says the Freses must now have "buyer's remorse" if they want to revisit the Jones story.
2. The defense would also learn about a second woman who had come forward that same day, with a similar admission. She also named Gavin Jones as the real killer of Mollie. The woman claimed she had dated Jones, and he confessed that he raped and killed Mollie.
The Freses believe these stories help corroborate what Bahena Rivera said to the jury on the stand - that he was kidnapped by two mystery men who killed Mollie, and they left him with her body. He admitted to the jury that he dumped her in the cornfield, and that's why he was able to lead police to her body when they questioned him.
So how does this lead to Xavior Harrelson? Keep reading.
3. The Freses say they should have learned about investigations into sex trafficking and so called "trap houses" when they were preparing for trial. They recently learned about a search of a home linked to a man named James Lowe. In their court filings, the Freses write that Lowe was alleged to have been operating a sex trafficking ring out of New Sharon, Iowa in the summer of 2018. The search warrant references a woman's report that she was held at a "trap house", tortured, and sexually abused. Lowe was also living with Sarah Harrelson at one point in 2019. Sarah is Xavior's mom. The Freses claim Lowe was among the last people to see Xavior before he disappeared. Lowe is in jail right now on federal gun charges.
Jennifer Frese sums it up like this: "Gavin Jones - trap house. Trap house - James Lowe - Xavior Harrelson."
The state rejects this theory. Assistant Iowa AG Scott Brown called it "unconscionable" that the Freses would bring Xavior Harrelson's name into the Tibbetts case. He stressed that Xavior is an open investigation, and no suspects have ever been publicly named. He also told the judge that it's not in the rules for the state to have to track down leads post-trial. He stands by the jury's conviction of Cristhian Bahena Rivera.
To be very clear, the names provided here were all read in open court, but these people are not charged in any way with anything that happened to Mollie or Xavior. We don't know where Xavior is, and there's still hope among many that he could be found alive. Orange ribbons in his honor were everywhere in Montezuma today, and his missing person posters are in every store window. It's also nearly 3 years to the day that Mollie Tibbetts disappeared - July 18, 2018. A big group of people was in court today to represent Mollie. They want peace too.
Next steps. The judge plans to give a written ruling by end of week regarding the defense request for new information (motion to compel). Regardless of how he rules, he is still planning to hear the request for new trial, scheduled for July 27th.
https://www.wqad.com/.../526-4732169d-1a4c-4174-ae13.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back