Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep wondering, if I were on the jury could I say guilty beyond reasonable doubt? I obviously think he (and SaW) did it.

Depends on how you define reasonable doubt.... Did she run away from a car on a road that doesnt exist, leaving her phone and her bag with no money and never be heard of again, whilst her parents go out of their way to cover their tracks with fake messages etc while not reporting her missing for days - or did he kill her, hide her body in a vast area of nothingness (I mean that in a nice way) and fumble through with all these ridiculous stories of midnight journeys and phones disconnecting.

They can't 100% prove it, but I know which seems like it might have happened, and which sounds complete fantasy... But hey it worked for Casey Anthony!

Last edited:
A quick question for now, but does anyone know if railway sidings have been searched at any time by police? So far I've only heard about them searching rivers, fields, etc, and various buildings. We have railway lines in Peterborough, the mainline going North/South, and a branch going off east towards Ely/Cambridge areas.

A quick question for now, but does anyone know if railway sidings have been searched at any time by police? So far I've only heard about them searching rivers, fields, etc, and various buildings. We have railway lines in Peterborough, the mainline going North/South, and a branch going off east towards Ely/Cambridge areas.

they haven’t searched anywhere really. That’s the sad part. They did a bit around cowbit and a bit at cuckoos hollow. They also asked scw to point to places on a map where she ran off…but of course they don’t exist!

personally I’m not as convinced by rails, as the place he was would be the posh-Spalding-Lincoln line and it’s largely inaccessible. There’s better places in my opinion.

However I do wish we had more efforts to search. Maybe I’ve missed it and there has been efforts, but I’m not seeing it

they haven’t searched anywhere really. That’s the sad part. They did a bit around cowbit and a bit at cuckoos hollow. They also asked scw to point to places on a map where she ran off…but of course they don’t exist!

personally I’m not as convinced by rails, as the place he was would be the posh-Spalding-Lincoln line and it’s largely inaccessible. There’s better places in my opinion.

However I do wish we had more efforts to search. Maybe I’ve missed it and there has been efforts, but I’m not seeing it
I'm a great believer in leakage. The horses I think is exactly that. It has altered my view of events. I think ScW drove about on the Saturday (the 'scenic route') assessing whether he needed to kill BW and/or had the bottle, and wondering how or where he could do it. I think he eventually stopped at the gate of the horse field south of the Barn Garden Centre, having first driven passed into Dogsthorpe, then doubling back. There was a new foal in the field. BW would like to see it, which might lighten her mood. He parked by the gate which precluded others parking there. That is the 410 steps (about 300m, so within 150m of that gate). He killed BW there, by whatever means, and hid her body in the trees on the south side of the car dyke. He came back in the dead of night on foot having left his car and phone at the Harrier pub car park north of Uldale Way. The 8 steps there were him getting the spade out of the boot. He then walked on foot back to the trees, dug a hole and put BW in it. If I were to pick a detailed search location it would be there.

Last edited:
I'm a great believer in leakage. The horses I think is exactly that. It has altered my view of events. I think ScW drove about on the Saturday (the 'scenic route') assessing whether he needed to kill BW and/or had the bottle, and wondering how or where he could do it. I think he eventually stopped at the gate of the horse field south of the Barn Garden Centre, having first driven passed into Dogsthorpe, then doubling back. There was a new foal in the field. BW would like to see it, which might lighten her mood. He parked by the gate which precluded others parking there. That is the 410 steps (about 300m, so within 150m of that gate). He killed BW there, by whatever means, and hid her body in the trees on the south side of the car dyke. He came back in the dead of night on foot having left his car and phone at the Harrier pub car park north of Uldale Way. The 8 steps there were him getting the spade out of the boot. He then walked on foot back to the trees, dug a hole and put BW in it. If I were to pick a detailed search location it would be there.

I can't remember which newspaper I saw it in, but Police did search the fields around the barn. It does make sense for the pub car park to be a match for that Phone ping though.

Last edited:

I can see why you think this way but I would imagine that this is quite a risky choice for this crime. It is very close (just a few walking minutes) to dense residential population with footpaths and dog walking routes, busy thoroughfares and cycling routes.
My experience in lockdown was that the world and his wife was out walking dogs, jogging, cycling, strolling with mates, teenagers seeking outdoor adventures - just to grab some fresh air and a change of scene. I live in an area where we are just villages spread through our surrounding area and finding space to yourself, where you previously were used to finding it, was nigh on impossible! Particularly at midday on a Saturday afternoon in July. Even if he was lucky to stay invisible in the few minutes an actual murder may have taken, there would have been a struggle, screaming, and then attempting to conceal a body where a dog, or a person might discover it; in this potentially busy location, at this peak time, would be very risky indeed.
I am not familiar with the area just a few minutes further out of the city towards the fens, but I would imagine the further you go the less risk there is.
Horses can be found anywhere if you are looking for them and you have a car at your disposal, if you feel this is key ‘slippage’.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member