GUILTY CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested* #5

I am from the U.K. so different justice system but I am amazed that none of the jury can discuss the case as it’s on going together. That seems so weird to me as here I have done Jury Service twice and you all get a private room where you are sent to where you can discuss the case and wait stuff out when Judge and co all discuss things we are not privy to. There simply was no way we wouldn’t discuss it together as it went along as so much information to take on board and things can be forgotten.

It seems completely unrealistic to me that they wouldn’t discuss it amongst themselves anyway as you are all in the same boat.

Moo

I’m not in any way speculating as to which system is better, but the theory here is that discussion before the trial is finished would be more apt to prematurely solidify people’s opinions.

So they only had 30 minutes yesterday. Not much time other than pick a Foreperson and maybe a bit about how they want to proceed. This was one of the most difficult Trials I have ever followed. Speaking to the Defense. I had a Mother/Daughter kayaking day but I was here with you all in spirit.

So they only had 30 minutes yesterday. Not much time other than pick a Foreperson and maybe a bit about how they want to proceed. This was one of the most difficult Trials I have ever followed. Speaking to the Defense. I had a Mother/Daughter kayaking day but I was here with you all in spirit.
Hey @Bravo Missed you during closing arguments yesterday.

I’m not in any way speculating as to which system is better, but the theory here is that discussion before the trial is finished would be more apt to prematurely solidify people’s opinions.

Maybe but human nature means the majority of people would want to discuss the case so I guess here the theory is they are gonna discuss it anyway so this ways it’s a controlled environment and there are strict rules instead of everybody going for lunch and gossiping anyway.

No idea what works better but I certainly appreciated the fact we could discuss it off the bat.

Just my 2 pence worth
IMO

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 55m
The jury is back this morning for deliberations in the #MarkRedwine trial. I'll be watching closely today in case a verdict is reached. #DylanRedwine @KKTV11News
Quote Tweet

CO Courts @CoCourts 57m
People v Redwine: The jury has resumed deliberations.
Thanks @Emi and so many others for posting tweets.

I haven't been very happy with media twitter during this trial. I think they really let Dylan down. So on that note, so many here stepped up to the plate and posted minute by minute updates. For those of us working and unable to watch it live I say THANK YOU!!!

Thanks @Emi and so many others for posting tweets.

I haven't been very happy with media twitter during this trial. I think they really let Dylan down. So on that note, so many here stepped up to the plate and posted minute by minute updates. For those of us working and unable to watch it live I say THANK YOU!!!
Not happy with weak twitter reporting either. I know there are other trials going on as well. Those trials may have been taking up reporters' attention.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back