Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for clarity and to understand where you're coming from here...

are you saying that ScW did drive to the Fens but it is not provable that BW was in the car (which, agreed, it is not and if she was not in the car, would indeed go to show BW was likely killed at the start of the time slot - this raises obvious other questions as to where else she would be)....

... or are you saying saying the entire trip out to the Fens itself, regardless of occupants didn't happen (despite it being evidenced by the Prosection)?
There is phone data that records that he was heading east towards the Fens when he switched his phone off. There is no evidence of him actually in the Fens or at any location in the missing time. It's easy for him to admit that he headed that way because it is vague; gives nothing away. He could quite easily have taken a right turn and headed north after that, or any direction. There is no evidence that he continued heading east. He could have driven a loop ending back at Gunthorpe, which is where he switched his phone back on.

It is puzzling. Like you I thought he didn't leave his phone at home because he wanted to use it to set up a false trail. If he left it hidden somewhere then SaW couldn't contact him on it anyway.

But, it begs the question why he wanted to leave a false trail, why let anyone know he wasn't tucked up in his bed?

I think but I don't know that a/ he didn't trust SaW not to hack into his phone while he was out, too much on there he "didn't want anyone to see" and b/ he wanted a false trail in case anyone outside the family reported Bee missing and police came knocking on the door while he was out.

MOO

IMO though this was joint planning and SaW was the mastermind just because she was already accessing B's social media the night she spent at her grandparents and as soon as he made a reasonably lengthy call to her straight after he had most probaby killed her daugher and she was straight back on B's SM and messaging her 'boyfriend'.

It is difficult I think to just hack into someones phone, they can be password protected, fingertip protected etc so I don't think thats the reason he didn't leave it behind (unless he is entirely stupid and doesn't know how to set any of these security measures up).

"Sarah Walker said Bernadette had admitted the allegations were a lie while at home, while Scott Walker said she had said they were a lie while in the car after he picked her up.

But Ms Wilding said Julie Walker - Bernadette’s grandmother - had said Bernadette had told her on the evening of July 17 that she had not been lying, and just wanted her mum to believe her, and told the jury there was no reason not to believe her."
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/crime/bernadette-walker-murder-trial-prosecution-warns-jury-to-watch-out-for-smoke-and-mirrors-and-tells-them-it-is-absurd-to-think-bernadette-is-still-alive-3310775?

Yet she changed the subject because Bee wasn't going to say anything different! I'm betting that admission was uncomfortable for her.

This case is weird and I think the truth is somewhere between all of us. I don’t think it’s that well planned. I think he killed her soon after picking her up on Saturday morning and hid the body. He had 90 minutes. Despite his claim in court, I now don’t believe he went to the fens. I am coming around to Angus idea of near the barn roundabout, but I am leaning towards maxey road (the next road along heading towards peakirk).

it’s clear the night with the middle of the night trip was to clean up. He’s gone far that night to be refilling in Spalding. The phone went this time.

he also had another weird trip towards kings lynn the night after the police were called. I can’t explain this either.

look we know they did it and both deserve to go down, but I can’t put it together. I can’t get a reading.

did they move the body? What was at the lockup? Why did they involve the police at all? We were in lockdown and they could have said she ran away from home on Wednesday (for example) and the phone data would show her heading to cowbit. Why are the knowledgable on phone tracking one second and absolutely brain dead the next?

did they leave a grave or dump the body? Was it pre planned? If so, who else assisted, did the grandparents know?

Maybe the phone had something incriminating on that he didn't want SaW to get her hands on so couldn't trust it left at home?

Apart from you can change your password etc or just turn it off and hide it someplace in the home. Its a small, very slim device and easy to hide if turned off if you were not security savvy. He managed to hide CCTV in the bathroom to spy on B apparantly so I would think worst case he can manage to hide his phone. JMO

IMO though this was joint planning and SaW was the mastermind just because she was already accessing B's social media the night she spent at her grandparents and as soon as he made a reasonably lengthy call to her straight after he had most probaby killed her daugher and she was straight back on B's SM and messaging her 'boyfriend'.

It is difficult I think to just hack into someones phone, they can be password protected, fingertip protected etc so I don't think thats the reason he didn't leave it behind (unless he is entirely stupid and doesn't know how to set any of these security measures up).
Yes I'm convinced it was joint planning, I'm not sure where my post gave the impression that I thought otherwise. Is it because I said he didn't trust SaW with his phone? I think he probably had stuff featuring children.

He had a Mac that Sarah smashed up because he wouldn't give her the password.
Still Missing - UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

MOO

Last edited:
Yes I'm convinced it was joint planning, I'm not sure where my post gave the impression that I thought otherwise. Is it because I said he didn't trust SaW with his phone? I think he probably had stuff featuring children. MOO

Yes sorry it was that and I agree probably loads of incriminating evidence but would the police be able to find that after deletion? He did have till September to delete (sorry should refer to your excellent timeline for exact arrest date). I said this a while ago, I wonder if the police checked their search historyin the days leading to her 'disappearance'? I think that may have proved interesting JMO

This case is weird and I think the truth is somewhere between all of us. I don’t think it’s that well planned. I think he killed her soon after picking her up on Saturday morning and hid the body. He had 90 minutes. Despite his claim in court, I now don’t believe he went to the fens. I am coming around to Angus idea of near the barn roundabout, but I am leaning towards maxey road (the next road along heading towards peakirk).

it’s clear the night with the middle of the night trip was to clean up. He’s gone far that night to be refilling in Spalding. The phone went this time.

he also had another weird trip towards kings lynn the night after the police were called. I can’t explain this either.

look we know they did it and both deserve to go down, but I can’t put it together. I can’t get a reading.

did they move the body? What was at the lockup? Why did they involve the police at all? We were in lockdown and they could have said she ran away from home on Wednesday (for example) and the phone data would show her heading to cowbit. Why are the knowledgable on phone tracking one second and absolutely brain dead the next?

did they leave a grave or dump the body? Was it pre planned? If so, who else assisted, did the grandparents know?

I think he buried her just because they reported her missing (albeit what 3 days later - sorry shoud really check the timeline), at that point they do not know for certain what checks the police may carry out (as you have said the police could have done more and I agree), they may have made a big deal about it and so could the locals - young 17yr old girl, no money etc. They both laid a false trail but even so the police could have reacted differently and the locals/friends etc so very risky IMO to just 'dump her' .

The trips to the lockup I think were for ScW initially to collect rope or something to strangle B and then to dump her bag afterwards and clean up, change his clothes. I actually wonder if when his phone was turned off afterwards he went to the lockup to change his clothes just becase he went to McDonalds - bit risky turning up there with her DNA all over you, I'd imagine he would be sweaty and a bit shaken up!

I don't doubt the grandparents story, though did the grandfather give evidence? Don't think he did but would think the police got his statement to confirm.

I am and think we all are so frustrated, to quote a Scottish phrase 'ma heid is burstin'!

Something that has stayed with me for a few days since we heard it in the court reports...is how ScW said "Sarah was starting to get famous on TikTok." It's such an odd comment (amongst all the other oddities surrounding this case) I can't help but wonder if that was the true motive all along and why I believe SaW was the true mastermind behind it all. Because if your partner was so abusive to you, then one of your children accuses him of SA, you've got a new boyf waiting in the wings, wouldnt BW revelation be the perfect opportunity to get rid of ScW? I think SaW wanted to keep ScW around to help look after the kids, bring in some income, keep SS at bay all so she could hang out with the new bf and concentrate on becoming "TikTok famous"...BW accusations would have brought their whole set up crashing down...

All MOO

Re: "No issues I knew what you meant. I’ve had spoken with him and regarding running lines he has said that it would be very difficult to cross onto them without somebody noticing, he did say Folly Bank in Peakirk is a possibility and did say further out towards Lincoln line there is lots of crossings but logistically he said it wouldn’t be feasible.

However the part about accessing where workers should be especially in Werrington (I don’t work on railway) but there was hundreds of people working on those new lines and the dive under. And I think we have to understand this man either had a plan in place or he’s just gone off instinct. Disturbing.[/QUOTE]

My reply:
Oh I think I see where you mean at Folly Bank - there is a tall gate but it doesn't look that sturdy. Thank you for the info from your friend.

Last edited:
I mentioned Barnoak Road some time ago and someone asked where that was. It's just north of the red shape on this image. I'm not suggesting BW is there but perhaps somewhere like this location.

Interesting area you've selected as it's got horses on the field near there next to a caravan storage facility. Now I do recall seeing they had a caravan at the back of their home. Was this a business they previously used to store the caravan in winter months I wonder. Interesting spot though

Interesting area you've selected as it's got horses on the field near there next to a caravan storage facility. Now I do recall seeing they had a caravan at the back of their home. Was this a business they previously used to store the caravan in winter months I wonder. Interesting spot though

Very well spotted! I would think the police would have looked into this (cough cough) but could be a lead?

Parents charged with daughter's murder

The only thing I got from the number plates was this:

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/VehicleFound?locale=en

Last edited:
Why would you think it was a business?

Very well spotted! I would think the police would have looked into this (cough cough) but could be a lead?

Parents charged with daughter's murder

The only thing I got from the number plates was this:

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/VehicleFound?locale=en
If you type the numberplate into KwikFit search it tells you that it's a '2004 MERCEDES VANEO AMBIENTE'

Apologies and thanks, I assumed the link would copy the info and your right, its linked to ScW car, was going to post the reg but don't know if thats allowed so will leave it to everyones eyesight lol

Pretty certain at least one of SaW TikToks being removed - the most recent before B 'went missing', going from memory as its deleted but it was a collabaration between SaW and ScW and it was a bit freaky showing her pregnant then not? I would think the prosecution used this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla