GUILTY CO - Dylan Nicholas Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 *father arrested* #5

Sad that I have found this forum only now, but have been following this case since I was a kid. I am roughly the same age as Dylan. Reading his text conversations and seeing his iPod lock screen made me identify with him with extreme intensity. Almost as if he were one of my own friends from that point in my life. I had the same iPod (even the same case as the one that is pictured in the evidence pictures) and recall the same texting applications used by him and his friends. This week, the trial really hung over my head, and hearing that verdict brought me to tears. So happy for Dylan and his family/friends. Thanks to all of you for your AMAZING documentation of this case and your amazing support for Dylan and his family. So happy to know there are so many more people out there who care so fervently about justice for Dylan. I will certainly be seeing you all in the days leading up to October 8th as we place a final stamp on this case and can begin to think not of Dylan's horrific death, but his wonderful life. Cheers to you all.
Welcome to WS @ckenney13
We're happy to have you join us here.

How?
How can someone...a "parent", none the less do this? Not only to have killed your own child, but then to be able to stand there in a court room and show absolutely NO remorse?
I can't stand looking at the smirk on his face. I think that in MR's mind, he still "won". He never cared about Dylan...that is clear; MR's ultimate and final goal was to destroy Elaine's heart/life...and so he still "won".
I am so grateful that the jury was wise and prudent. That they helped serve justice in a court of law. But there is a part inside of me that wants to see a more ultimate judgement for MR.
How can such evil walk among us?

interesting they used the juror names on the poll instead of numbers

I have noticed it happen more recently (last couple years), albeit sporadically. I rewatched the reading of the verdict on CourTV and they blocked out the names, even during the live airing, saying that it is their policy not to name jurors.

Now I am interested in this topic.
(Tbh I am curious if the verdict was different today, would the Judge have still said their names? I am probably over thinking it, but the Judge had to have known that a NG verdict would have been very controversial and in that case, I would have been much more surprised to hear names.)

I have noticed it happen more recently (last couple years), albeit sporadically. I rewatched the reading of the verdict on CourTV and they blocked out the names, even during the live airing, saying that it is their policy not to name jurors.

Now I am interested in this topic.
(Tbh I am curious if the verdict was different today, would the Judge have still said their names? I am probably over thinking it, but the Judge had to have known that a NG verdict would have been very controversial and in that case, I would have been much more surprised to hear names.)
I don’t think I’ve ever seen it . The trials I’ve watched where they poll the Jury the Judge refers to them as Juror #1, Juror #2 etc. I noticed yesterday when he dismissed the 2 Alternates he used their names and thought it kinda odd, but I did not expect to hear Jurors name after verdict today. CourtTV has a good policy and did the prudent thing imo.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen it . The trials I’ve watched where they poll the Jury the Judge refers to them as Juror #1, Juror #2 etc. I noticed yesterday when he dismissed the 2 Alternates he used their names and thought it kinda odd, but I did not expect to hear Jurors name after verdict today. CourtTV has a good policy and did the prudent thing imo.

"
Colorado Criminal Law – How The Jury System Works In Colorado – What Happens To Jurys, – Before, During, and After A Jury Trial In Colorado
Introduction: The Constitutional right to a jury trial is one of the most precious rights that United States citizens hold. However that right – including the procedures that surround the right to a jury trial are not well understood by these same citizens. This web page is directed at assisting ordinary citizens in understanding the foundations and procedures underlying this important right.

Jury Verdict C.R.C.P. 47 C.R.C.P. 47(p), (q), (r), (s).

Declaration of Verdict.
When the jury has agreed upon its verdict it shall be conducted into court by the officer in charge. The names of the jurors shall be called, and the jurors shall be asked by the court or clerk if they have agreed upon a verdict, and if the answer is in the affirmative, they shall hand the same to the clerk. The clerk shall enter in his records the names of the jurors. Upon a request of any party the jury may be polled."

Hmm so it's Colorado law to use names??

https://www.criminal-lawyer-colorad...uring-and-after-a-jury-trial-in-colorado.html

How?
How can someone...a "parent", none the less do this? Not only to have killed your own child, but then to be able to stand there in a court room and show absolutely NO remorse?
I can't stand looking at the smirk on his face. I think that in MR's mind, he still "won". He never cared about Dylan...that is clear; MR's ultimate and final goal was to destroy Elaine's heart/life...and so he still "won".
I am so grateful that the jury was wise and prudent. That they helped serve justice in a court of law. But there is a part inside of me that wants to see a more ultimate judgement for MR.
How can such evil walk among us?
I think the answer lies in the hate that he had for Elaine and the children. I think all he wanted was to hurt Elaine and he managed hurt her in the worst way possible. A pain she will never recover from. But she's an amazingly strong woman. I hope he rots.

Did the judge tell the victims to "be quiet" when the verdict came down?

Loved the reaction in the courtroom. He is an evil man. Hell should exist for him. I bet he hacked up his son. <modsnip>
RIP Dylan

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23