SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 'possible witness' may have been someone that had seen an unusual vehicle or person(s) entering, or on the property, but they haven't determined who the vehicle/person(s) are and if they were supposed to be there. Just a guess.

Because of the obvious reasons I now believe this potential witness and "steps taken" probably refer to AM. I don't think it was as easy as just getting him to step to the side and answer a few questions. I can see a process being involved. JMO.

Because of the obvious reasons I now believe this potential witness and "steps taken" probably refer to AM. I don't think it was as easy as just getting him to step to the side and answer a few questions. I can see a process being involved. JMO.

Of these obvious reasons I was speaking of, one of course is how distraught AM would've been and the other is if RM was acting as his lawyer. If the latter is true then in essence AM had already lawyered up and this is something investigators may not want known or believe could be "misconstrued". But hey I could be wrong and maybe they're talking about some other potential witness. It's almost impossible to know with not much to go on.

Hampt0n Regional medical Center is in Varnville. Isn’t that where RM3 lived?

I wonder what time AM was called to take his Father to the hospital? I’m assuming he was still at work because otherwise another brother lived closer than Moselle.

I’m wondering again about the guns. Of course we don’t know if the guns used were found or not. But..if it should be that the guns used were M weapons, then it seems that the killers came unarmed. Or felt confident they could access M weapons.

And there was no burglary listed on the LE report.

So, if any of current thought process is correct….the killers arrived unarmed, got access to weapons, used them, and left them there.

Yes & also SLED might be attempting to be meticulous about procedures and protecting evidence because of the M family's connection to the case. SLED realizes the legal powers of this family. In my opinion, this would make SLED extra cautious about their handling of the case to protect any case they are building. If the suspect(s) end up being directly connected to the family or to a different powerful family, the eventual court case could be insanely challenging to prosecute....so meticulous handling of the evidence and such would be best. Just my thoughts...
And I don't quarrel with that. I will take to heart whatever the judge decides about redactions.

The last thing I'd want to see would be a case against the guilty, whomever they may be, comprised. If I gave that impression, apologies.

"State agents have released little information on their investigation and a lawyer seemed to suggest the probe isn't focused on any particular person or theory on what could have happened. If the wrong information is released, it might affect the memories of witnesses or prevent agents from catching people they question in lies."

Murdaugh case: SC police defend withholding details double homicide
Boldened words:
How does this play into your thinking?

Of these obvious reasons I was speaking of, one of course is how distraught AM would've been and the other is if RM was acting as his lawyer. If the latter is true then in essence AM had already lawyered up and this is something investigators may not want known or believe could be "misconstrued". But hey I could be wrong and maybe they're talking about some other potential witness. It's almost impossible to know with not much to go on.

This comment is in no way meant to accuse a family member of anything nefarious. But it’s occurred to me, *and someone please correct me if I’m wrong* that LE has not confirmed AM’s alibi. That information came from other sources, and it’s likely true in terms of where he was at some point that evening, and maybe the time is accurate as well- but that’s the point, LE hasn’t said one way or the other. But with the excessive redactions and partial reasoning behind them being that the information could be misconstrued by the public, and with the timeline, I think it’s a possibility that AM was actually home when the shootings occurred.

What has been confirmed by LE is that the murders occurred between 9:00 and 9:30, that AM then found MM and PM and called 911 at 10:07. No one in authority has ever mentioned when AM arrived home or even that he arrived home and found them. No one has said anything about PM and MM’s whereabouts that day or evening other than the area on their property where they were found and time they were killed.

When the general public thinks about someone being home at the time their family members were murdered, there is probably a particular conclusion that would be easy to jump to. But we also know this is not a typical home, it’s a sprawling hunting estate on a very large piece of land. I don’t think it defies logic for AM to have been the one who arrived home first that evening, and for PM and MM to have been attacked coming in. In this case LE would have a potential witness. In this case, AM may have even seen someone leave from a distance, in the dark/rain. But that would be enough to allow him and then others to know there was no longer an imminent threat on the property.

Of course, this is all conjecture. But for me, it would explain a lot about how LE has been handling the case. (The only thing I still wouldn’t understand is them saying there was no danger to the public.) But if AM was there, I believe he has been truthful with law enforcement about it, they know what occurred from his perspective, and the alibi (which IMO has been unclear and details have been difficult to reconcile across sources) was fed to the media in order to protect AM in several ways. If this turns out to be the case, it may be that they want to make an arrest before releasing the information. LE attorneys seem to be working awfully hard to keep most of the info. redacted. I think if he was on the property at the time and the public knew it, even if LE believed/knew he had nothing to do with the murders, that bc of other situations, that there would be people who would almost certainly accuse LE of unfairly protecting the family/special treatment. If he was there and wasn’t involved, things would be quite complicated for all involved.

A bit of brainstorming and MOO. Apologies for lengthy post :/

This comment is in no way meant to accuse a family member of anything nefarious. But it’s occurred to me, *and someone please correct me if I’m wrong* that LE has not confirmed AM’s alibi. That information came from other sources, and it’s likely true in terms of where he was at some point that evening, and maybe the time is accurate as well- but that’s the point, LE hasn’t said one way or the other. But with the excessive redactions and partial reasoning behind them being that the information could be misconstrued by the public, and with the timeline, I think it’s a possibility that AM was actually home when the shootings occurred.

What has been confirmed by LE is that the murders occurred between 9:00 and 9:30, that AM then found MM and PM and called 911 at 10:07. No one in authority has ever mentioned when AM arrived home or even that he arrived home and found them. No one has said anything about PM and MM’s whereabouts that day or evening other than the area on their property where they were found and time they were killed.

When the general public thinks about someone being home at the time their family members were murdered, there is probably a particular conclusion that would be easy to jump to. But we also know this is not a typical home, it’s a sprawling hunting estate on a very large piece of land. I don’t think it defies logic for AM to have been the one who arrived home first that evening, and for PM and MM to have been attacked coming in. In this case LE would have a potential witness. In this case, AM may have even seen someone leave from a distance, in the dark/rain. But that would be enough to allow him and then others to know there was no longer an imminent threat on the property.

Of course, this is all conjecture. But for me, it would explain a lot about how LE has been handling the case. (The only thing I still wouldn’t understand is them saying there was no danger to the public.) But if AM was there, I believe he has been truthful with law enforcement about it, they know what occurred from his perspective, and the alibi (which IMO has been unclear and details have been difficult to reconcile across sources) was fed to the media in order to protect AM in several ways. If this turns out to be the case, it may be that they want to make an arrest before releasing the information. LE attorneys seem to be working awfully hard to keep most of the info. redacted. I think if he was on the property at the time and the public knew it, even if LE believed/knew he had nothing to do with the murders, that bc of other situations, that there would be people who would almost certainly accuse LE of unfairly protecting the family/special treatment. If he was there and wasn’t involved, things would be quite complicated for all involved.

This is a great bit of brainstorming. I’m trying to remember where we got this chronology of AM’s movements, and to my knowledge, it came from the prologue to the ABC interview, where the reporter recounts AM’s movements…apparently according to what the brothers told her. I don’t think LE has every confirmed this. Took Dad to hospital, visited Mom, came home to find the bodies. But we have no idea how long the intervals were in between.

He could have been called for help at work, which would make more sense distance wise. Visited Mom and come home directly to the house. He could have bern there for hours. Maybe he talked to MM before 9pm and expected them home shortly. Maybe he headed to the kennels to exercise the dogs like his brother was doing…and found the bodies.

Yes @T rex I was asking you if you still think it refers to AM in light of this:
BBM

"State agents have released little information on their investigation and a lawyer seemed to suggest the probe isn't focused on any particular person or theory on what could have happened. If the wrong information is released, it might affect the memories of witnesses or prevent agents from catching people they question in lies."

Boldened words:
How does this play into your thinking?
Well I'd never want to see investigators hindered by the suspect list knowing most of what they know. I do believe that keeping certain people in the dark is a good thing for investigators to have on their side.

If that means keeping the general public at bay for now, I say ok. Sometimes it takes repeated interviews for someone guilty or with guilty knowledge to trip up. AJMO

I could see this being the case, one possible senario. Good post!

Yes @T rex I was asking you if you still think it refers to AM in light of this:
BBM

Sorry thought you were addressing me:rolleyes:

I agree that I don’t think LE has confirmed to us AM’s alibi. The closest I have seen was the AP report but I wouldn’t read too much into that.

AP:

“Alex Murdaugh found his wife and son shot several times outside a home on the family’s Colleton County land after checking on his seriously ill father, authorities said.”
Judge may order authorities to release new details in Lowcountry killing of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh

To another poster, I would just add that it is not 100% clear to me where AM has said he was and when. Hospital in Savannah versus hospital in SC versus parents home in Varnville. Moo

BBM

The part that is boldened and the rest of the paragraph for that matter I think is speaking in broad terms and not about any witness or potential witness in particular. My post was about a specific potential witness that LE had taken steps (their own words) to question.
I was just posting my thoughts about who it could be and what makes the most sense to me right now but that could change and probably will when there is more information available.
Sorry if I'm still not understanding but thats the best I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine