SC - Mallory Beach, 19, found deceased after boat crash, Beaufort Co, 24 Feb 2019 *Alex Murdaugh charged*

Snipped from article

Anthony Cook “made several comments about the Murdaughs being able to get away with things in the past and that is why he and his cousin do not think anything will happen if Connor talks to law enforcement.”

Would love to hear more about this.
I'd like to know more about that also and quite a few other things mentioned in that article. I don't think I should even bring them up on this thread though. Suffice it to say, IMO the Murdaughs had a pretty well-oiled machine in place to deal with things that occurred. It makes me all the more skeptical of that...Murdaugh structure...and if it can be 100% truthful about these murders or anything really.

Last edited:
It is somewhat depressing watching these young people having nothing better to do than getting drunk and going out on a boat with a lunatic. Yes, PM is to blame for hitting the bridge, but they all carry some responsibility for MB's death as they kept getting back on the boat.

It's obvious imo, that they were all tied to PM because of his wealth and ability (or stupidity) to bend the rules to get them
what they wanted. Why shoot and kill PM while also having a hand in MB's death?

And reading all the machinations of AM at the hospital, it was not to protect his son, imo. IMO, AM was desperately trying to protect the Murdaugh name and his fortune.

It is somewhat depressing watching these young people having nothing better to do than getting drunk and going out on a boat with a lunatic. Yes, PM is to blame for hitting the bridge, but they all carry some responsibility for MB's death as they kept getting back on the boat.

It's obvious imo, that they were all tied to PM because of his wealth and ability (or stupidity) to bend the rules to get them
what they wanted. Why shoot and kill PM while also having a hand in MB's death?

And reading all the machinations of AM at the hospital, it was not to protect his son, imo. IMO, AM was desperately trying to protect the Murdaugh name and his fortune.
BBM

I got that same feeling reading it...for what it's worth.

I thought @Warwick7 was referring to GH videos last night. I went to You Tube to see if he had uploaded last night's program. Not yet. Thx.

I checked to his YouTube site today. He had the show from yesterday. The reference to the video is about 1/3 of the way into his show. He has a link to the same YT video I linked earlier. The footage in the video came from security cam video released late last week by SLED in response to several newpapers FOIA requests. It's from the night of PM's boat crash.

I'm from the northern "lowcountry" of SC and agree. Just reading the comments on the many reports is enlightening. Seems there are alot of twists and turns that lead to the most recent happenings and I wonder if the truth will ever be known.
Oh yes it will.
*cough cough* WS has sunk their teeth in this so has other media. The truth will be known you can bet on that!

Boating Under the Influence (BUI) in South Carolina

Boating Under the Influence 1st – BUI 1st is a misdemeanor, and the judge can sentence a convicted person to imprisonment of 48 hours up to 30 days or a fine or community service. The person will also lose his privilege to operate a watercraft (aka boat) for 6 months. The person will have to complete the Alcohol and Drug Safety Action Program (ADSAP) as well, which usually costs about $500. Finally, he or she will have to complete a boating safety course. If the intoxicated boater causes property damage or bodily injury that is something less than “great bodily injury” as defined below, the person’s boating privileges will be suspended for one year.
Thats it?

Imprisonment of 48 hours up to 30 days or a fine.

Or community service.

Lose his privilege to operate a watercraft (aka boat) for 6 months.

The person will have to complete the Alcohol and Drug Safety Action Program (ADSAP) as well, which usually costs about $500.

Finally, he or she will have to complete a boating safety course.

If bodily injury the person’s boating privileges will be suspended for one year.[/QUOTE]
Thats it?? Big whoop!!

Like one big happy family.

Jmo

According to John Marvin Murdaugh, the reason he invited a large group of law enforcement officers to his family's sprawling hunting compound on the outskirts of Varnville last Saturday was simple; to give back to officers who give their all to protect and serve the communities in which they are employed.

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:37 PM

Landowner gives back to boys in blue
If PM & BM were there they could have questioned them about the SS case since they had never bothered to even question them before. And JMM was probably thanking them for using his equipment rental company when they needed. That article said he even helped pull AM’s damaged boat out after the accident. Think they got a bill? Where was boat taken? The impound so it could be analyzed & blood samples/evidence taken? I think we know that answer.
It is nice to support LE but you have to realize how all this looks. And they just don’t get it. These are lawyers & prosecutors & LE-mind your business. It’s all scratch my back & I’ll scratch yours. Can we trust the investigations!

If PM & BM were there they could have questioned them about the SS case since they had never bothered to even question them before. And JMM was probably thanking them for using his equipment rental company when they needed. That article said he even helped pull AM’s damaged boat out after the accident. Think they got a bill? Where was boat taken? The impound so it could be analyzed & blood samples/evidence taken? I think we know that answer.

It is nice to support LE but you have to realize how all this looks. And they just don’t get it. These are lawyers & prosecutors & LE-mind your business. It’s all scratch my back & I’ll scratch yours. Can we trust the investigations!

No. If the boat was not collected by investigators from the scene of the accident, then no. Nothing can be confirmed about the boat. It's basically unsecured evidence.

Did the family collect the boat after the accident, or did police collect the boat as evidence in a drunk driving boating death?

SC hospital found Paul Murdaugh had high blood alcohol level after 2019 boat crash

State and local officers did not attempt to give Paul Murdaugh a sobriety test or have his blood checked for alcohol after he allegedly crashed his father’s boat into a bridge near Beaufort in 2019.

Instead, investigators only determined the amount of alcohol in his blood because the hospital that treated him had run its own test.

That test result showed Murdaugh, who was 19 at the time, had a blood alcohol concentration of over 0.28, according to a spokesman for the S.C. Department of Natural Resources. That’s more than three times the legal limit to drive a car in South Carolina. Medical personnel drew his blood around 4 a.m. — three hours after he and a friend were seen taking shots of liquor at a bar near the Beaufort waterfront, and more than an hour and a half after the crash.

SC hospital found Paul Murdaugh had high blood alcohol level after 2019 boat crash

State and local officers did not attempt to give Paul Murdaugh a sobriety test or have his blood checked for alcohol after he allegedly crashed his father’s boat into a bridge near Beaufort in 2019.

Instead, investigators only determined the amount of alcohol in his blood because the hospital that treated him had run its own test.

That test result showed Murdaugh, who was 19 at the time, had a blood alcohol concentration of over 0.28, according to a spokesman for the S.C. Department of Natural Resources. That’s more than three times the legal limit to drive a car in South Carolina. Medical personnel drew his blood around 4 a.m. — three hours after he and a friend were seen taking shots of liquor at a bar near the Beaufort waterfront, and more than an hour and a half after the crash.

Whow!!

I hadn’t seen this before, no wonder they didn’t want that leaked. Makes the ‘no enemies’ narrative even more nonsensical.

MassGuy just posted this on Murdaugh Murders thread #3

(Am I allowed to copy and paste this? I am new.)

I hadn’t seen this before, no wonder they didn’t want that leaked. Makes the ‘no enemies’ narrative even more nonsensical.
I think this is brand new information. We knew the hospital tested his blood, but we didn’t have the specific BAC level. This is spectacularly drunk, especially considering the amount of time between his last known drink and his blood being drawn.

He was likely over 4 times the legal limit at the time of the crash.

This is a loaded article.
Adding:
“Meanwhile, Murdaugh told an agent he hadn’t been driving”

But deputies who beat DNR to the scene offered one key piece of information: Mallory Beach’s boyfriend was so angry with Murdaugh after the crash that the two had to be separated. The boyfriend was heard yelling, “That (expletive) needs to rot in (expletive) prison.”

But they said that Murdaugh seemed highly intoxicated. One said in deposition testimony that an officer had to accompany his ambulance because he was “acting a fool.” DNR’s investigation file shows that the boat’s other passengers, emergency medical personnel and hospital staff also described him as drunk”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back