GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I have to suffer these incessant pop-up American news videos every time I go to a new page or refresh? I mean, is a local Houston news channel really applicable to the UK?

They are so intrusive I am very close to just not bothering coming on any more, and software 'that prevents the display of irrelevant items' does not seem to have an effect.

Is there a fix?

TIA

Do I have to suffer these incessant pop-up American news videos every time I go to a new page or refresh? I mean, is a local Houston news channel really applicable to the UK?

They are so intrusive I am very close to just not bothering coming on any more, and software 'that prevents the display of irrelevant items' does not seem to have an effect.

Is there a fix?

TIA

What works for me is disabling JavaScript, only for this site. When you go to your browser settings, you put this site as an exception. I hope this is helpful to you!

Editing this!

Are we allowed to comment here about comments made by the people running the group (on fb) and discuss it?

These are the only things I could find about it on this thread. You could contact an admin if you still aren't sure.
ADMIN NOTE:

Hey everyone, in 4 threads for Bernadette, we can't find where the "help me find My Sister (Bernadette Walker)" has been approved or disapproved by Tricia or WS staff. This is why it's so important to ask for approval before a link is provided to such pages (instead of just posting the link and hoping it's okay. Mods may not see your post for a dog's age, as has happened here).

As Bernadette's brother AW is part of the Admin team on that group support page, we would normally allow it.

Is anyone aware of a reason why it should or should not be allowed? If so, please use the Report feature on this post to let us know one way or another.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

Because AW is a family member and the group support page discussion has been ongoing, we're going to let it continue.

Having said that, please don't trash him for the information he presents. You may discuss why you think it is or is not correct, but please remember that by WS standards he is also considered a victim. You may disagree with what he has to say, but please do so respectfully at all times.

Editing this!

Are we allowed to comment here about comments made by the people running the group (on fb) and discuss it?

As the FB page has been approved, members are allowed to discuss what is posted by Admins of the group, but may not discuss comments/replies by any other members.

Editing this!

I think it's been made private, so discussing it here would seem to violate that, but you can check with admin by reporting your post and asking.

eta - sorry cross posted with @Sillybilly - seems to be okay, unless SB isn't aware it's now a private group?

I think it's been made private, so discussing it here would seem to violate that, but you can check with admin by reporting your post and asking.

eta - sorry cross posted with @Sillybilly - seems to be okay, unless SB isn't aware it's now a private group?
They tried to turn it back to a public group earlier but couldn't, so they have set up another page that is public.

How come SaW is a member of Help Me Find My Sister ? It says she joined 3rd March !! Are you allowed on the internet in prison ?
AW added SaW's FB account. You can add other members to groups. I've left groups and been re-added. When you leave there's an option to stop you being added back on. It's not SaW using her FB account.

ADDENDA
There are a number of accounts in the Help Me Find My Sister group that have been added by SaW's FB account on the same day she was added by AW - 3rd March. There are other instances after that when SaW's FB account adds members up until 30th March. That suggests to me that AW or other person has control of SaW's FB account, rather than SaW being able to access it whilst in prison on remand.

Last edited:
Impressive research skills

AW added SaW's FB account. You can add other members to groups. I've left groups and been re-added. When you leave there's an option to stop you being added back on. It's not SaW using her FB account.

ADDENDA
There are a number of accounts in the Help Me Find My Sister group that have been added by SaW's FB account on the same day she was added by AW - 3rd March. There are other instances after that when SaW's FB account adds members up until 30th March. That suggests to me that AW or other person has control of SaW's FB account, rather than SaW being able to access it whilst in prison on remand.

Is there a fix?

TIA
They drive me nuts. I've asked a couple of mods if there's a way to complain but neither have responded.

I think she probably gave her password to someone, because most of the posts were deleted on there after she was arrested.
Yes I agree. Definitely no access to the internet, mobile phones not allowed. I am sure she would have given her password to a trusted family member who then added her to the group. Contact by phone is allowed and encouraged as are letters. She could give her input and advice to the family member by post or in a phone call. The reward from her was added to the posters, there have also been photos of cards she had made for BW. Also request for people to come forward as character witnesses for her ! Back a while myself and other members raised concerns that the group wa s more about defending the parents than justice for Bernadette. Our posts were then deleted.

Last edited:

Is there a fix?

I doubt there is a fix and as much as these adverts drive us all insane, they probably help financially support the running of this amazing site. I know many of our online newspapers allow you to pay a small subscription to see less adds, would that be possible on Websleuths.

Thank you all for your great input, its taken me a week to read the whole thread and its certainly an eye opener. Lets hope they get justice for Bernadette and her family this coming week.

Is there a fix?

TIA

I doubt there is a fix and as much as these adverts drive us all insane, they probably help financially support the running of this amazing site. I know many of our online newspapers allow you to pay a small subscription to see less adds, would that be possible on Websleuths.

Thank you all for your great input, its taken me a week to read the whole thread and its certainly an eye opener. Lets hope they get justice for Bernadette and her family this coming week.[/QUOTE]

They drive me nuts. I've asked a couple of mods if there's a way to complain but neither have responded.

Relief is at hand!! As per the reply to my original post by @renah (many thanks @renah), turn java script off in your browser settings for this site.

I just did it for Chrome on a Mac, very easy - go to Chrome Preferences, search for 'Java', on the pop-up select Site Settings, Websleuths is there on the list of recently visited sites, click it then click to block java script (opt 6 in list).

...and it works!!

P.S. You will notice some other slight changes to procedures such as 'liking' and 'replying' but it's minor stuff.

Yes I agree. Definitely no access to the internet, mobile phones not allowed. I am sure she would have given her password to a trusted family member who then added her to the group. Contact by phone is allowed and encouraged as are letters. She could give her input and advice to the family member by post or in a phone call. The reward from her was added to the posters, there have also been photos of cards she had made for BW. Also request for people to come forward as character witnesses for her ! Back a while myself and other members raised concerns that the group wa s more about defending the parents than justice for Bernadette. Our posts were then deleted.
Yes I saw that on there, the card in particular made me feel sick. I'm hoping if they are found guilty they will tell where BW is so the other kids can have closure, but I don't think they will especially if they try to appeal.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she had got hold of a phone while in prison. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member