Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never get a non-FDA approved shot unless it was for something that was fairly sure to kill me, like ebola. I'm far more worried about having an allergic reaction to the shot, or some other unknown reaction or long term effect, than I am of getting Covid. Plus, I'm pretty sure I've already had it and I'm not otherwise in high-risk group.
What are you going to say when it's fully approved by FDA (which should happen soon)?

What are you going to say when it's fully approved by FDA (which should happen soon)?

Probably the same since, as I mentioned, that's only one of many reasons I wouldn't get it -- not the least of which is I'm fairly certain I've already had Covid. Plus, if a vaccine were to be fully approved very soon, that would still be light years faster than normal FDA approval, so it would still be questionable for me. Especially if the immunity from liability were continued. And, tbh, I'd be very surprised if the FDA will approve it very soon or, if they did, that the manufacturers would be so keen to distribute it without immunity. That said, I'm not big on medications and vaccines, in general, though. I never get a flu shot, either, and I rarely go to a doc. Like less than once a year if I can help it -- and I usually can.

Probably the same since, as I mentioned, that's only one of many reasons I wouldn't get it -- not the least of which is I'm fairly certain I've already had Covid. Plus, if a vaccine were to be fully approved very soon, that would still be light years faster than normal FDA approval, so it would still be questionable for me. Especially if the immunity from liability were continued. And, tbh, I'd be very surprised if the FDA will approve it very soon or, if they did, that the manufacturers would be so keen to distribute it without immunity. That said, I'm not big on medications and vaccines, in general, though. I never get a flu shot, either, and I rarely go to a doc. Like less than once a year if I can help it -- and I usually can.

If you think that you have already had covid, why not go for a test to see if you produced any antibodies. I am like you--I hate going to the doctor, never get flu shots, won't take an aspirin even if I need it etc. I might later grow extra toes after taking the covid vaccine, but I was willing to protect myself from the more deadly variants that have now mutated and spread to my home town and yours. Allergic reactions are easily dealt with and don't appear to be a problem. Do some good creditable research.

The FDA (and the world's experts) approved of these vaccines during a pandemic, so yes, there is no total peace of mind on lasting effects, or the option to sue the big pharmas. They wouldn't have spent millions to develop the vaccine if they were open to law suits.

The varients are seeing younger people admitted to hospitable which is concerning. But, if your fear is holding you back, consider travel restrictions and being a possible asymptomatic carrier that could infect people around you. I know that I will never get physically close to any person who hasn't had a double shot. I understand your fear, and wish you good luck and hope you stay well.

If you think that you have already had covid, why not go for a test to see if you produced any antibodies.

~snipped

To be very frank, because I just don't care that much. I've either had it, or will get it, and will very, very likely survive it given my place in the demographics.

eta: given all the circumstances surrounding Covid, I also have zero confidence in the testing. Including the testing for antibodies.

I got my COVID shot months ago as soon as it was available.

The new Delta variant is wrecking havoc. Just found out an unvaccinated friend of a relative died at age 44 from COVID. Her mother is also in the hospital on intubation and in very serious condition. If that don’t scare some folks into getting this well known safe shot…I don’t know what will.

I’ve heard from folks I know that the shot is “mark of the beast”. I’ve seen a video where someone believed she was magnetized. These are efforts to downplay the severity of COVID.

Folks COVID is deadly.

Thank you for sharing your point of view.

~snipped

To be very frank, because I just don't care that much. I've either had it, or will get it, and will very, very likely survive it given my place in the demographics.

eta: given all the circumstances surrounding Covid, I also have zero confidence in the testing. Including the testing for antibodies.

Thanks for being frank even though you are in the minority. I respectfully disagree, because even if you survive, someone you give it to may not survive or may have long-term effects. I’m very aware that even as a fully vaccinated person (who was hospitalized for 6 days with Covid earlier) there is a rare chance I could be an asymptomatic carrier of the Delta variant, so I continue to wear a mask in public…both for my sake and yours. But I do wish you well, literally. :)

@mynoyb
I know you have the right to your opinion and I sincerely wish you good health.

Do you have sources for these vaccine-inflicted death and injuries you claim? And sources that prove the vaccine is a bio weapon?

I'm in complete disagreement with your point of view, and I'm grateful that the smallpox vaccine, the Salk vaccine, the Sabin vaccine, the MMR and all other vaccines were approved before the days of social media.

Dr. Fauci, Dr. Wallensky of the CDC, Dr. Jha and all other creditable doctors say that with the Delta variant, this country will have a further divide between the vaccinated and unvaccinated, as regards Covid infection rates. These doctors also said that currently, 99% of those hospitalized with Covid presently are the unvaccinated. This includes the young and healthy.

My 16-year old granddaughter has been fully vaccinated and I'm eagerly awaiting the approval for my six and eight year old grandchildren. I don't feel they'll be safe in school until that happens.

Furthermore, the CDC, Dr. Fauci and the rest also state that the variants arise in the defenseless bodies of the unvaccinated, in which Covid is free to mutate. That puts everyone else at risk. I was in Florida last month to take care of my parents and I am going back there in two days. The Covid rate has doubled every week since I left there three weeks ago. Particularly in areas with low vaccination rates.

Thank you for your thoughtful post, Arkay. I agree with you. I'm confident that you will be very careful traveling to Florida and I wish you a safe trip.

Thank you so much, @anneg! I intend to wear a mask everywhere and act as though I'm not vaccinated, because my parents are near 90. They're fully vaccinated but in poor health.

I've never figured out how to embed a link on WS, but I just read an article on HuffPost entitled "Pandemic of the Unvaccinated: Florida Tallies 20% of Soaring New Covid-19 Cases in U.S." If anyone cares to look it up, it's MSM with facts and sources.

My sister from Jersey and I from NYC are taking turns flying back and forth to Florida. We are fully vaccinated and just cannot believe what's happening in Florida. No one was wearing a mask and I know vaccination rates are low. It's cause and effect. Low vax, no masks = more virus. We are trying to get our parents to come back North for multiple reasons, and one of them is the culture in Florida regarding Covid.

I wish health for everyone here, no matter your stance on the vaccine. But consider that you yourself may spread to others, no matter how invulnerable you perceive yourself to be. JMO.

Thanks for being frank even though you are in the minority. I respectfully disagree, because even if you survive, someone you give it to may not survive or may have long-term effects. I’m very aware that even as a fully vaccinated person (who was hospitalized for 6 days with Covid earlier) there is a rare chance I could be an asymptomatic carrier of the Delta variant, so I continue to wear a mask in public…both for my sake and yours. But I do wish you well, literally. :)

I may be in the minority of people who are willing to be frank on social media, but less than 50% of Americans are fully vaccinated. And the less than 50% who are vaccinated obviously includes a LOT of people who are mandated to be vaccinated and can't afford to do otherwise-including healthcare workers, residents of assisted living and similar facilities, teachers, etc. etc., as well as people who get the vaccine just because they want to be able to move about freely and/or without a mask.

According to this chart, the "fully vaccinated" rate as of yesterday was 48.6%. And you don't get to over 50% until you get to the 40-49 age group. Which is quite telling to me given the massive pressure to be vaccinated.
U.S. COVID-19 vaccine tracker: See your state's progress

I may be in the minority of people who are willing to be frank on social media, but less than 50% of Americans are fully vaccinated. And the less than 50% who are vaccinated obviously includes a LOT of people who are mandated to be vaccinated and can't afford to do otherwise-including healthcare workers, residents of assisted living and similar facilities, teachers, etc. etc., as well as people who get the vaccine just because they want to be able to move about freely and/or without a mask.

According to this chart, the "fully vaccinated" rate as of yesterday was 48.6%. And you don't get to over 50% until you get to the 40-49 age group. Which is quite telling to me given the massive pressure to be vaccinated.
U.S. COVID-19 vaccine tracker: See your state's progress
Actually very few have been mandated so far. Most healthcare workers or teachers aren't mandated. Residents of nursing homes are not mandated. Once its widely mandated, numbers will go up.

Actually very few have been mandated so far. Most healthcare workers or teachers aren't mandated. Residents of nursing homes are not mandated. Once its widely mandated, numbers will go up.

For example, I spoke with the director of the assisted living facility where my friend's father lives just last week and was told he could not leave the facility for any reason w/o quarantining for 14 days upon his return if he wasn't vaccinated. So if that 91-year-old wanted to leave the solitary confinement of his room more than once every two weeks in the last days of his life, he had to have the vaccine. No real choice = mandate imo.

I went to the dermatologist on Thursday for what had started out as a red, itchy "rash" the week after my second Pfizer shot. I called for an appointment but had to wait three weeks to see the doctor. By the time I finally saw the dermatologist, the "rash" had changed into a cluster of skin tags that turned out to be seborrheic keratoses that I've had previously. The funky-looking growths are benign, but they tend to appear in clusters and can itch or become irritated by clothing. Dr. R immediately identified the cluster of about 20 nuisance growths on my neck , but I told him that they appeared about a week following my second Covid shot. He has seen patients who develop a severe rash at the site of their injections (Covid arm), but he didn't think that my new crop of seborrheic keratoses was related to the vaccination. Dr. R zapped all of the "skin tags" with liquid nitrogen, and did the same for another cluster on my right side. Instead of the funky growths, I now have two sets of bright red blister-like marks from the liquid nitrogen. The raised "polka dots" will eventually scab and fall off. Scarring is minimal.

I had the same reaction 10 days after my first shot, nothing else. Had my 2nd shot last friday, let's see if the will return. :D

Too late to edit my original response to this, but I was distracted from the point of my post to which you responded. If 50% of Americans are not fully vaccinated, that puts me in the majority (people who are not willingly being vaccinated), not the minority --except on social media. And that will continue to be true in the event currently unvaccinated people are ultimately forced to be vaccinated against their will.

I had my 2nd Pfizer shot and had no side effects other than a mildly sore arm. My husband had his 2nd Moderna jab and also had no side effects other than a mildly sore arm. I'm still wearing a mask and not going much of anywhere tho. I'm worried about the variant.

I willingly had the not-so-deadly AstraZeneca ..... as did quite a few people I know ... we are all fine.

Healthy and feeling absolutely fine. In fact, feeling better than fine. Feeling protected, to a large degree.

I know quite a few people in my area (including family members) who had the AstraZeneca jab and then later had either Pfizer or Moderna.

They are all fine and so thankful that they are vaccinated - not only for their own health but for the safety of others.

My grandson got the Moderna shot, but the site where he got it was unable to provide shot #2 (not sure why). His mom, an infectious disease doc, finally told him to just take what he could get in his area, which turned out to be the J&J one. I don't know if that combo is as good as having both Moderna shots, though, and I don't think she knows for sure either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea