GUILTY IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, found deceased, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #51

If you’re talking about the interview with the Freses, the best part is when he says something like “...we put it together on the fly...” and at that moment a fly lands on his nose!
Seriously though, these two need to give up law and go into writing fiction. They seem pretty good at that.
MOO IMHO These two are cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. MOO
Not trying to sound disrespectful to Defense Attorneys. I am just in disbelief at some of the things these two are saying. It really is laughable to me. Again MOO

Bahena Rivera sentencing delayed, motion connects Xavior Harrelson case

"Lowe was at the federal courthouse in Cedar Rapids Wednesday afternoon on an unrelated federal firearm charge. During the hearing, prosecutors brought up the fact his name had come up in relation to Tibbetts’ and Harrelson’s cases. The judge worried he would flee the area in-part because of the new allegations. Lowe is now being held in custody for the federal charge."

OMG, the YouTube video embedded further down the page is must see TV

Do you mean the defense attorneys interview? I did not see a YouTube video?

Raw Interview: Cristhian Bahena Rivera's defense discusses new evidence they want the court to hear [July 15, 2021 - wqad News8].

If you’re talking about the interview with the Freses, the best part is when he says something like “...we put it together on the fly...” and at that moment a fly lands on his nose!
Seriously though, these two need to give up law and go into writing fiction. They seem pretty good at that.
LOL … that actual sounds like good advice for them.

Seriously though, she actually said that the young boy was abducted because Rivera was found guilty and the real killer wanted the notoriety (paraphrasing). SMH

My take on it is they want a do-over because they lost… even to the point of putting another investigation in jeopardy.

moo

Here's what he said about the woman who claimed being in the trap house:

They picked her up along the highway and the DCI questioned her. They cast it to the side, sent all the information down to the state ICAC (Internet Crimes Against Children) investigation unit, which we still don't know what happened with that. Is Mollie on that video, is she anywhere on that computer they seized?

LOL … that actual sounds like good advice for them.

Seriously though, she actually said that the young boy was abducted because Rivera was found guilty and the real killer wanted the notoriety (paraphrasing). SMH

My take on it is they want a do-over because they lost… even to the point of putting another investigation in jeopardy.

moo
When Mr. Frese said it was no coincidence that XH went missing at the end of CBR’s trial and then Mrs. Frese said what you noted above I was 100% flabbergasted and thought if I was friends or family of these two I would have called them after seeing the interview and told them they sounded ridiculous. When Mr. Frese said it was up to the State to find CBR guilty I shouted, “They did”. Or when the reporter at the end mentioned the new witness stated seeing MT wrapped in plastic and CBR never mentioned that in his testimony, Mr. Frese said, “he didn’t say she wasn’t”. SMH! Can you get a concussion from shaking your head too much? MOO IMHO

I just went back and caught the part with the fly @StarryStarryNight
Best landing by a fly ever! Right on cue!

I am so irritated that so far no reporter has asked them if they provided security for CBRs child and family. One reported brought CBR stating he feared for them, and I was so hopeful but they did not ask!!!

I never saw any timeframe stated. I assume she would have been kept for a very short period of time because the search began so quickly. You assume she was brought to the trap house looking good; that may not have been the case. Maybe she was in such bad shape that JL just wanted her gone.

I don't believe all of the three stories we have heard but I do believe parts of all three. In the end, IMO, it won't make any difference for CR because he talked and the State got a conviction and he'll pay for this crime no matter how it happened.
It is what it was. God Bless MT...

We now know where Mollies body was found (the actual location), an extensive search was carried out, we know corn stalks / leaves were placed over the body. Do we think that her body should of been found during the extensive search (was it that well concealed)?
No, there are just too many corn fields in Iowa. They all look the same. I rode a Motorcycle through the intimidating, towering green mass. Think of hiding a $20 bill in a library, inside a book. NOW, GO FIND IT. So was the chance to find MT'S body... Good Luck!

No, there are just too many corn fields in Iowa. They all look the same. I rode a Motorcycle through the intimidating, towering green mass. Think of hiding a $20 bill in a library, inside a book. NOW, GO FIND IT. So was the chance to find MT'S body... Good Luck!
I grew up in corn territory. Its crazy how the corn fields go on and on, each looks the same. And you only have to step in a few feet and you feel completely lost.

I grew up in corn territory. Its crazy how the corn fields go on and on, each looks the same. And you only have to step in a few feet and you feel completely lost.
There are lots of cornfields in my area and I have been tempted to go in and walk around with my phone video on. But I am too afraid of getting lost.

I really tried to give the defense the benefit of the doubt but now I see they're no better than ambulance chasers.

The prosecution offered this so-called new evidence to the defense and offered to halt the trial and the defense declined. They told the prosecution that it didn't fit with their witness testimony.

Did they decline so they could accuse the prosecution of withholding the information and use it to obtain a new trial if he was convicted? It sure seems to me like they've manufactured another tale out of whole cloth.

Prosecutor calls request for new trial by Mollie Tibbetts killer a 'fishing expedition'

Ok. Color me confused. CBR was due to be sentenced last week. Instead the sentencing hearing was delayed. So now on 7/27 there is a hearing for a new trial. What happened to the sentencing hearing? Is this motion for new trial related to the ‘new evidence’?

Ok. Color me confused. CBR was due to be sentenced last week. Instead the sentencing hearing was delayed. So now on 7/27 there is a hearing for a new trial. What happened to the sentencing hearing? Is this motion for new trial related to the ‘new evidence’?
The court will just put off sentencing for now until the Motion for New Trial is resolved. Then, if the motion is denied (and I think it will be) the Court will reset sentencing. There isn't really any rush on sentencing, but a motion for new trial has to be resolved within 30 days.

The court will just put off sentencing for now until the Motion for New Trial is resolved. Then, if the motion is denied (and I think it will be) the Court will reset sentencing. There isn't really any rush on sentencing, but a motion for new trial has to be resolved within 30 days.
Understood. Thanks so much!

There are lots of cornfields in my area and I have been tempted to go in and walk around with my phone video on. But I am too afraid of getting lost.
Last summer, my husband accidentally turned on his phone video camera when he walked into our corn field to check how big the ears were getting, and the camera lens happened to be just outside of his shirt pocket. The ensuing video of him him pushing through green leaves and stalks is really cool and also claustrophobic, especially in slow motion! I'll work on trying to upload it here for a visual of just how dense it is in there.

(also please don't just walk into someone's cornfield, I can't imagine too many landowners who would be okay with that happening)

Confused right along with you.

Last summer, my husband accidentally turned on his phone video camera when he walked into our corn field to check how big the ears were getting, and the camera lens happened to be just outside of his shirt pocket. The ensuing video of him him pushing through green leaves and stalks is really cool and also claustrophobic, especially in slow motion! I'll work on trying to upload it here for a visual of just how dense it is in there.

(also please don't just walk into someone's cornfield, I can't imagine too many landowners who would be okay with that happening)
I would be wonderful if you could upload the video!!
I agree and promise not to!! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back