Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #64 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m incredibly frustrated with the media in this case, as if Lauren isn’t covering something then it doesn’t get covered (unless it’s a big event).

Lauren almost certainly knows what this hearing is about (I told her, and the DA would have been able to verify), but hasn’t so much as Tweeted.

I don’t get it.

I have found the voluntary gag order interesting too. How and why are so many afraid to speak out? This may be an interesting twist to the case...

I’m a bit surprised we haven’t seen an EMC order for this. Maybe we’ll get one tomorrow, and the reporting will finally start.

Don’t worry about links, if this is broadcast on WebEx (like I expect), then you won’t be able to miss it. We’ll all be here for it.

I don't think there's anything peculiar here with media not seeking Expanded Media Coverage (EMC) given this is not an Advisement or Arraignment which are the only two hearings that Colorado Criminal courts, by Statute, consider EMC (Rule 3 - Media Coverage of Court Proceedings).

The public court docket shows the July 22 court hearing is a virtual hearing for BM so it's most likely BM will appear from Chaffee County Jail via WebEx.

Since both the Murder and Ballot Fraud case numbers are referenced for the July 22 hearing, I think there are probably some housekeeping issues between the parties to which the parties want the court to oversee. Somebody's probably unhappy about something... MOO

(And from what is accessible on the public site, there do not appear to be any outstanding motions where a response is pending around this date).

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
7/22/21
10:00 AM
1Hr
VIRTUAL
MORPHEW, BARRY
Hearing D82021CR78 Chaffee County Division 2

7/22/21
10:00 AM
1Hr
VIRTUAL
MORPHEW, BARRY
Hearing D82021CR85 Chaffee County Division 2

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew

Rule 3 - Media Coverage of Court Proceedings, Colo. Pub. Acc. Info. & Rec. 3 | Casetext Search + Citator

At the May 27 Status Hearing - BM's defense argued that they wanted to see all emails/texts from law enforcement -- claiming they are witness statements. The prosecutor did not agree-- citing the request was not possible or feasible. The Judge said he wanted to research this matter and would make a decision on this at a later date

BM's defense also requested over 10,000 pages of police reports (Discovery) immediately. The prosecutor cited they had 21 days from the hearing date to hand it over but agreed to deliver the hard drive to the defense on Wednesday.

I believe the above may be some and/or part of the "housekeeping" matters that the defense wants to complain about on July 22.

MOO

Barry Morphew back in court for status conference | FOX21 News Colorado

Was just looking over the AA for Ballot Fraud/Forgery and the name of one of the FBI Agents sounded familiar ( Agent Grusing, page 4 of this document). He met with and interviewed BM near the Franz Lake area on April 22, 2021.

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-conten...phew-Forgery-Affidavit-for-Arrest-Warrant.pdf

The reason his name sounded familiar is because I just saw him testifying last week in the Redwine case. Starting at 1:03:00
His specialties include missing persons, kidnapping, homicide and behavior analysis. He’s brought in when folks are being vague and their accounts aren’t adding up. He was brought in to the Kelsey Berreth case to interview Krystal Lee Kenney. His one hour phone interview with her led to search warrants.

I’m incredibly frustrated with the media in this case, as if Lauren isn’t covering something then it doesn’t get covered (unless it’s a big event).

Lauren almost certainly knows what this hearing is about (I told her, and the DA would have been able to verify), but hasn’t so much as Tweeted.

I don’t get it.
Its possible she is protecting an inside source that will be needed down the road.

I hope to be here with you all Thursday to learn what this hearing is all about. But I’m a worrier, so I saved this link from the last 2 WebEx hearings in Judge Murphy’s virtual courtroom. It may be the same for this one. Colorado Judicial Branch
Thank you for the link. I downloaded the WebEx app for my iPad. I’m good to go, so I’ll be joining the rest of you. Shameless me, I fully accept my indulgence in some BM schadenfreude. :D:p I openly admit I do enjoy seeing the gradual decline of BMOC (⬇️) in his plastic shoes as the wheels of justice slowly grind.
Guten Morgen, BM, cold lumpy oatmeal for you today or ramen noodles? Where did you stash lovely Suzanne?
moo.
What does big man on campus mean?:eek::p

Last edited:
Was just looking over the AA for Ballot Fraud/Forgery and the name of one of the FBI Agents sounded familiar ( Agent Grusing, page 4 of this document). He met with and interviewed BM near the Franz Lake area on April 22, 2021.

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-conten...phew-Forgery-Affidavit-for-Arrest-Warrant.pdf

The reason his name sounded familiar is because I just saw him testifying last week in the Redwine case. Starting at 1:03:00
His specialties include missing persons, kidnapping, homicide and behavior analysis. He’s brought in when folks are being vague and their accounts aren’t adding up. He was brought in to the Kelsey Berreth case to interview Krystal Lee Kenney. His one hour phone interview with her led to search warrants.

This ^ ^^ #SuperSleuther WTG, @Cindizzi

This ^ ^^ #SuperSleuther WTG, @Cindizzi
Lol. < takes a bow > My superpowers are fueled by insomnia and tons of coffee.
I forgot to mention another link to the Kelsey Berreth case. One of BM’s attorneys, DN represented Krystal Lee Kenney and got her less jail time. Remember former DA Dan May referenced Kenney by saying “ we did a deal with the devil”.

I forgot to mention another link to the Kelsey Berreth case. One of BM’s attorneys, DN represented Krystal Lee Kenney and got her less jail time. Remember former DA Dan May referenced Kenney by saying “ we did a deal with the devil”.
Yes, I remember Dan May’s statement. Indeed he did, but the perp is behind bars for a looooonnnnnggggg time! moo

Yes, I remember Dan May’s statement. Indeed he did, but the perp is behind bars for a looooonnnnnggggg time! moo
Dan May's comment has more to do with Krystal Kenney and the fact that she did not get charged with conspiracy to commit murder or for the 3 tines she drove to Colorado to kill Kelsey, or in the aftermath/cleanup the day after the murder that she participated in but in her words "couldn't do it." Her lawyers got her a spectacular deal...the lowest level felony in Colorado which is in many states a misdemeanor and she is no longer in prison. So yeah, those lawyers. She will be watching her back the rest of her life which is justice I suppose.

OT:

Just the thought of KLK makes me feel the need to sanitize.

Dan May's comment has more to do with Krystal Kenney and the fact that she did not get charged with conspiracy to commit murder or for the 3 tines she drove to Colorado to kill Kelsey, or in the aftermath/cleanup the day after the murder that she participated in but in her words "couldn't do it." Her lawyers got her a spectacular deal...the lowest level felony in Colorado which is in many states a misdemeanor and she is no longer in prison. So yeah, those lawyers. She will be watching her back the rest of her life which is justice I suppose.
Watching her back is what she deserves.

Yes I fully know that DM’s comment means that he had to offer KK a deal in order to put PF away for life, I understand why she won her appeal, also.

I was not implying anything about “those lawyers “ other than pointing out in my original post that the FBI agent that interviewed BM 2 weeks before his arrest has a connection to the Berreth case. And I realized that so does one of BM’s lawyers, DN.
JMO

I don’t know if this article was posted already, apologies if it is a duplicate. Just putting it out here since the future inmate got a mention. <bbm>

“These lies about the election, about voter fraud that is nonexistent — this is putting my life at risk and my staff’s life at risk,” said Mitchell. “The 2020 election was a free and fair election. There is no voter fraud — well you could count the vote that Barry Morphew put in when he voted his missing wife’s ballot for Trump.”

Chaffee Clerk Among Colorado County Clerks Under Threat - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice

Great catch @Cindizzi! I hope Agent Grusing helps to nail BM too. I can’t wait to see the AA and hopefully learn how Barry thought he could outsmart the FBI.

Tuesday’s filing lists eight public servants he is accused of trying to influence. The individuals include three agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation – Robin Burgess, Joseph Cahill, and Derek Graham – an FBI agent, Jonathan Grusing; a Chaffee County Sheriff’s Deputy Lamine Mullenax; and the chief investigator with the 11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, Alexander Walker. Two individuals whose positions are not known – Damon Brown and Kenneth Harris – were also listed in the court filing.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ng-with-deceased-body-in-suzanne-morphew-case

Great catch @Cindizzi! I hope Agent Grusing helps to nail BM too. I can’t wait to see the AA and hopefully learn how Barry thought he could outsmart the FBI.

Tuesday’s filing lists eight public servants he is accused of trying to influence. The individuals include three agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation – Robin Burgess, Joseph Cahill, and Derek Graham – an FBI agent, Jonathan Grusing; a Chaffee County Sheriff’s Deputy Lamine Mullenax; and the chief investigator with the 11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, Alexander Walker. Two individuals whose positions are not known – Damon Brown and Kenneth Harris – were also listed in the court filing.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...ng-with-deceased-body-in-suzanne-morphew-case
Well you made the bigger catch here. I didn’t realize that Grusing was one of the ones he tried to influence! I hope he told BM what he told Redwine about the Boulder that was about to roll down on him. At 43:48

BBM to respond
Yes, I think I’m aware DM’s statement “has to do with KK”. DM is obviously insinuating KK is “the devil.” I’m confused you may think I understood it any other way. DM did what needed to be done, I don’t fault him, he’s great. (Imo). “Those Lawyers” were dealing with a very savvy DA, imho. The murderer is serving 156 years plus LIFE. In my book that’s a loooooonnnng time! PF will forever only see the light of day from behind prison walls. BM needs to be his lifelong roomie/shower mate! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson