SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the timeline, it seems possible PM was lured to meet someone and went willingly/intentionally. He could have told MM he needed to be home at a certain time, or that he was going there without saying why, or maybe she was just aware that he was on the property but not in the house. If he arrived and things unraveled quickly, he may have called out or texted MM, who ran to help. I think it's possible MM texted AM that something seemed wrong, or that she was worried and going out to check. Then, when communication stopped, AM got home as quickly as possible.

All conjecture, of course, but for me, the short timeframe doesn't, by itself, refute AM's alibi.

Regarding the timeline, it seems possible PM was lured to meet someone and went willingly/intentionally. He could have told MM he needed to be home at a certain time, or that he was going there without saying why, or maybe she was just aware that he was on the property but not in the house. If he arrived and things unraveled quickly, he may have called out or texted MM, who ran to help. I think it's possible MM texted AM that something seemed wrong, or that she was worried and going out to check. Then, when communication stopped, AM got home as quickly as possible.

All conjecture, of course, but for me, the short timeframe doesn't, by itself, refute AM's alibi.

I’ve also wondered about whether AM had some kind of notification before he arrived home.

<modsnip>

JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
We see the reference to a, "forced entry," indicating a home invasion. If the purpose of the invasion was not theft, then it was to gather the victims. I wonder if MM and PM arrived at the main house only to have immediate intruders. The assailants could have then driven the victims to the dog kennels in the victims' own Suburban, knowing that road was the common entry point for the family. Since PM's phone was found near his body, is it possible he called someone in those last moments? Could the perpetrators have forced him to call his father?
MM's phone was taken from her, which means she likely had it in her possession at some point during the altercation.

If AM received such a call, he would rush home, perhaps contacting his brothers along the way. This would explain the tight window of time concerning the murders.

Another, "home invasion," case that comes to mind is that of Holly Bobo of Darden, TN. After authorities initially labeled the crime a home invasion, discussion ensued for days and days about what happened during the house break-in and abduction. Later, we learned that there was no actual home invasion. Holly was abducted from her family carport..

Last edited:

It's good conjecture and could be the case. Now what we've seen, in the documents from ER staff, that PM admitted drinking and doing drugs corroborating what his girlfriend said in her deposition. Makes me wonder if PM had gotten into drug troubles.

The accounts of AM's statements and actions has formed a much different picture, in my mind, of how he conducted himself concerning his immediate family than what I initially wanted to think. The kind of demeanor he exhibited can only make enemies or make people too scared to do or say much of anything about the AM family. He might have been the targeted person that night at Mozelle. AJMO

We see the reference to a, "forced entry," indicating a home invasion. If the purpose of the invasion was not theft, then it was to gather the victims. I wonder if MM and PM arrived at the main house only to have immediate intruders. The assailants could have then driven the victims to the dog kennels in the victims' own Suburban, knowing that road was the common entry point for the family. Since PM's phone was found near his body, is it possible he called someone in those last moments? Could the perpetrators have forced him to call his father?
MM's phone was taken from her, which means she likely had it in her possession at some point during the altercation.

If AM received such a call, he would rush home, perhaps contacting his brothers along the way. This would explain the tight window of time concerning the murders.

Another, "home invasion," case that comes to mind is that of Holly Bobo of Darden, TN. After authorities initially labeled the crime a home invasion, discussion ensued for days and days about what happened during the house break-in and abduction. Later, we learned that there was no actual home invasion. Holly was abducted from her family carport..
I don’t think we can assume “forced entry” in this case because the response to that line on the summary incident report by the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office has been redacted. All we can deduce from that is that CCSO (ETA: Or more accurately, SLED, since they released the report) does not want the public to know at this time whether there was forced entry or not.

I think forced entry could also mean their car, possible when they came in the drive. Could have come in the other entrance to stop and feed the dogs?

I think forced entry could also mean their car, possible when they came in the drive. Could have come in the other entrance to stop and feed the dogs?

I understood that the family typically uses the dog kennel entrance but I could be misremembering that.

And yes, I had considered that the forced entry was to the vehicle. Yet the man who towed the vehicle said it was in excellent condition and had no blood, bullet holes, or other anomalies.
When I think of, "forced entry," I am thinking of something that would damage the exterior of the vehicle, such as a crowbar breaking glass. But it could simply mean the perpetrators did something to cause MM and PM to stop.
If I was pulling up my long driveway in the dark and saw a couple armed strangers jump out of the woods, I think I would step on the gas and quickly get out of there, especially if my son had been receiving death threats.

Good timeline and video reports in an ABC story published today:

Murdaugh Murder Mystery: Timeline of events surrounding 4 South Carolina deaths

News of the deaths of Paul Murdaugh, 22, and Maggie Murdaugh, 52, has led to national headlines. Not only for the mystery surrounding their murders but for the ties to other deaths in the Lowcountry of South Carolina: Stephen Smith in 2015 and Mallory Beach in 2019.

Last edited:

I’ve been thinking along these lines as well. The SS situation and the Boat tragedy might just be bright and shiny distractions. We have no idea what other drama might have been unraveling in PM’s life in my opinion.

In fairness, I’ve considered that the glimpse we’ve had of PM’s character and personality are mostly from that one tragic night when MB died. None of us are one dimensional. He was certainly adored by his family, according to the obituary.

Yet, in my opinion, it’s fair to wonder if he was in the habit of abusing w0men…his girlfriend’s deposition says he had abused her that night and in the past. The depositions also assert occasional drug use…which means interacting with persons in an illegal trade. His friends depositions say he turned into “Timmy”when drunk…and we do not know when or how often ‘Timmy’ type behavior impacted others and in what fashion.

His obnoxious flirtation in the nurses deposition show a young man with little emotional intelligence in my opinion…and an arrogance, in that tragic situation at least. that was shockingly inappropriate. All of these behaviors might have set PM up for a deadly confrontation in so many ways…that we could never even know about.
My opinions only.

I’ve also wondered about whether AM had some kind of notification before he arrived home.

<modsnip>

JMO.

Ever since sleuthing the Dan Markel case, it is hard to be surprised by anything out of the ordinary and especially if there was possible familial involvement.

The arguement on the boat was between PM and his girlfriend. He was ticked that the girlfriend's father hated him. I can certainly understand why. After the boat crash, there was probably hell to pay in the gf's home. And it may have ramped up the dad's anger toward PM.

Because of the Markel case, I wonder if AM called home to make sure his wife and son were home. Not checking so much on their safety, but checking on there whereabouts.

Ever since sleuthing the Dan Markel case, it is hard to be surprised by anything out of the ordinary and especially if there was possible familial involvement.

The arguement on the boat was between PM and his girlfriend. He was ticked that the girlfriend's father hated him. I can certainly understand why. After the boat crash, there was probably hell to pay in the gf's home. And it may have ramped up the dad's anger toward PM.

Because of the Markel case, I wonder if AM called home to make sure his wife and son were home. Not checking so much on their safety, but checking on there whereabouts.

How do we know GF father hated him? Did I miss something?

I have been asking myself, what was going on with any of those kids that they would hang out with someone like PM and think drinking that much was okay? Apologize if that's sleuthing them. Just pray the last two years have caused all of them and their parents to re-evaluate relationships and priorities. May God bless them.

How do we know GF father hated him? Did I miss something?

I have been asking myself, what was going on with any of those kids that they would hang out with someone like PM and think drinking that much was okay? Apologize if that's sleuthing them. Just pray the last two years have caused all of them and their parents to re-evaluate relationships and priorities. May God bless them.
There is a Deposition from her regarding the accident. It was originally put on here but was transferred to the Mallory Beach thread. I encourage you to read it.

I'm trying to keep up to date, but I don't remember reading about PM being ticked that the girlfriend's father hated him.

I don’t think they have anything to solve this.

Prints- finger, tire,foot.
Weapons- probably belong to M’s. Witness- only the shooter/s.

I believe the time line of TOD 9:00 9:30, I believe AM’s 10:00? arrival.

I am on the fence as to MM being a target.

All just my opinion.

While drinking to excess among young adults is commonplace and can be considered a ‘party atmosphere’, I am more shocked by PM’s. slapping and spitting on his girlfriend, and her admission in her sworn deposition that this abuse had happened before.

I do not believe this is commonly accepted among young or old in our culture today. And while some families would brush off drinking too much as just the partying phase that kids grow out of…I don’t know many who would shrug off this kind of degradation of the girl/woman in your son’s life.

Of course, it’s possible the M family didn’t know.

But the argument detailed in the deposition includes the fact that PM knew HER father supposedly hated him. This brings up some questions.

Did he hate PM because he knew that he abused his daughter?

If her Father knew of abuse of his daughter, were they all so impressed by the M family, that they wouldn’t inform them of their son’s behavior?

Did they ever have that conversation?

How long, how often had this behavior toward the girlfriend occurred?

Was the less0n to PM that if you have wealth and lots of playthings, you can degrade your long term girlfriend that you supposedly love…whenever it may suit you…because they will always stay…for the wealth and the playthings, not really for YOU?

Is there a clue here to the murders?

Last edited:
While drinking to excess among young adults is commonplace and can be considered a ‘party atmosphere’, I am more shocked by PM’s. slapping and spitting on his girlfriend, and her admission in her sworn deposition that this abuse had happened before.

I do not believe this is commonly accepted among young or old in our culture today. And while some families would brush off drinking too much as just the partying phase that kids grow out of…I don’t know many who would shrug off this kind of degradation of the girl/woman in your son’s life.

Of course, it’s possible the M family didn’t know.

But the argument detailed in the deposition includes the fact that PM knew HER father supposedly hated him. This brings up some questions.

Did he hate PM because he knew that he abused his daughter?

If her Father knew of abuse of his daughter, were they all so impressed by the M family, that they wouldn’t inform them of their son’s behavior?

Did they ever have that conversation?

How long, how often had this behavior toward the girlfriend occurred?

Was the less0n to PM that if you have wealth and lots of playthings, you can degrade your long term girlfriend that you supposedly love…whenever it may suit you…because they will always stay…for the wealth and the playthings, not really for YOU?

Is there a clue here to the murders?
Personally, I think it's obvious why PM had any "friends" at all. It wasn't because they liked him, they liked the lifestyle he could let them into, however sporadically.

Seems to me, after reading accounts of AM's behavior, that AM may have also grown up that way. Both son and father seemed high-handed in their approach to others. I've only ever read nice things said about MM.

AM had much more life experience than PM did at his death yet acted with the same perception and disdain of others feelings. They were to bend to his will, that was expected.

Where are the parents, besides the ones of the dead children, in speaking their minds, telling accounts about PM or AM? The parents were present that night in ER. Are they too scared even after all that's happened and been revealed to speak? Just seems sad, to me for them to feel under someone's thumb like that after they came so close to losing their children.

This is AJMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member