SC - Mallory Beach, 19, found deceased after boat crash, Beaufort Co, 24 Feb 2019 *Alex Murdaugh charged*

I think this is brand new information. We knew the hospital tested his blood, but we didn’t have the specific BAC level. This is spectacularly drunk, especially considering the amount of time between his last known drink and his blood being drawn.

It’s the most unfavorable information on the Murdaughs so far. Great that the hospital did their job.

News reporters for the Post and Courier are staying on this story until the truth comes out! Kudos to them!

SC hospital found Paul Murdaugh had high blood alcohol level after 2019 boat crash

Excerpt:

"State and local officers did not attempt to give Paul Murdaugh a sobriety test or have his blood checked for alcohol after he allegedly crashed his father’s boat into a bridge near Beaufort in 2019.

Instead, investigators only determined the amount of alcohol in his blood because the hospital that treated him had run its own test.

That test result showed Murdaugh, who was 19 at the time, had a blood alcohol concentration of over 0.28, according to a spokesman for the S.C. Department of Natural Resources. That’s more than three times the legal limit to drive a car in South Carolina. Medical personnel drew his blood around 4 a.m. — three hours after he and a friend were seen taking shots of liquor at a bar near the Beaufort waterfront, and more than an hour and a half after the crash."

Last edited:
Elley Mae,
If this information is correct in our Opinons, this may explain PM drinking and behaviour problems.
I had wonder about this or Paul had witness the ruthlessness in the family he could not measure up.

I live in a Welfare home. I was taken away from my Grandparents move interstate place in a pretty horrible place( They stated on my file I placed there under the state welfare act of 1949, which did not exist in 2010 I recieved an apology and compersation) the treatment was shocking. Many teenage girls if they did not have a drink or drug problem afterwards did or even years later. They could not speak in what happen it took late 1980's,as who would believe them. Today, I know a support group where people in homes and orphanages from the 1950's onwards so many have recovered from heavy drinking problems and anti social behaviour leading to prison in their lives.
Maybe Paul in younger life could never match up to family reputation leading to problems. IMO

@Shadow@light

❤️

I have had this thought that PM was a witness. And the drinking began.

Morgan Doughty, Paul Murdaugh’s ex-girlfriend, became noticeably anxious, according to her nurse, when Alex Murdaugh tried to get into her hospital room. Doughty wouldn’t let him come in.

From the hallway, Murdaugh kept telling the nurse that Doughty “was with him and that he needed to tell [her] what to say,” according to Doughty’s amended statement.

Blount, the nurse in charge of the ER, told investigators that she could smell alcohol on Alex Murdaugh and had to tell him multiple times to stay in his son’s room. She saw him try to get into Doughty’s room.

Several nurses noted that Paul Murdaugh had arrived at the hospital heavily intoxicated, in only wet boxers and socks. He tried to get out of his hospital bed three times, ripping off the monitors attached to his body, they reported.

Laura Kent, the ER technician, told investigators that Paul Murdaugh “did not express any concern” about the others involved in the crash.

When Kent asked Murdaugh for a urine sample, he smiled at her and asked Kent if she was going to help him, according to Kent’s sworn statement. Murdaugh also pointed to Kent’s buttocks and said “wow, that’s nice,” according to her statement.

Kent, who described the atmosphere of the ER as a “weird, corny teen drama movie,” also said that Alex Murdaugh was moving around the ER, trying to speak with other patients and watching the monitor to keep track of where the other patients were located, according to the record of her interview with investigators.

Read more here: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252883923.html?#storylink=cpy

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252883923.html

…Karen Taylor, the nurse assigned to Murdaugh’s room, told DNR investigators that “Paul’s father spoke with Connor’s parents and after the conversation they told Connor not to say anything.”

Connor Cook’s written statement to DNR about the crash was two sentences, one of which read: “I remember seeing the bridge and that’s about it.”

Taylor, Murdaugh’s nurse, said Alex Murdaugh asked a DNR officer “multiple times if he had reason to believe that Paul was driving the boat.”

Two nurses said Murdaugh was looking through the emergency room’s tracking board, which assigns patients and nurses to rooms.

Alex Murdaugh stopped Connor Cook on his way to a CT scan and told him not to say anything and that he would take care of it, an ER technician told investigators.

Taylor “got the impression that the concern was staying out of trouble rather than what occurred,” according to her interview.

From the hallway, Murdaugh kept telling the nurse that Doughty “was with him and that he needed to tell [her] what to say,” according to Doughty’s amended statement.

Blount, the nurse in charge of the ER, told investigators that she could smell alcohol on Alex Murdaugh and had to tell him multiple times to stay in his son’s room. She saw him try to get into Doughty’s room.

Several nurses noted that Paul Murdaugh had arrived at the hospital heavily intoxicated, in only wet boxers and socks. He tried to get out of his hospital bed three times, ripping off the monitors attached to his body, they reported.

Laura Kent, the ER technician, told investigators that Paul Murdaugh “did not express any concern” about the others involved in the crash.

When Kent asked Murdaugh for a urine sample, he smiled at her and asked Kent if she was going to help him, according to Kent’s sworn statement. Murdaugh also pointed to Kent’s buttocks and said “wow, that’s nice,” according to her statement.

Kent, who described the atmosphere of the ER as a “weird, corny teen drama movie,” also said that Alex Murdaugh was moving around the ER, trying to speak with other patients and watching the monitor to keep track of where the other patients were located, according to the record of her interview with investigators.

SHIFTING THE BLAME?
The family’s behavior during the boat crash has come under scrutiny during the investigation into the deaths of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh.

A state grand jury is reportedly looking into whether there was obstruction of justice by anyone in the boat crash investigation.

Last edited:
Morgan Doughty, Paul Murdaugh’s ex-girlfriend, became noticeably anxious, according to her nurse, when Alex Murdaugh tried to get into her hospital room. Doughty wouldn’t let him come in.

Read more here: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article252883923.html?#storylink=cpy

Wow just Wow

What a hot mess that night was.

Thanks for this information, @stmarysmead.

I was just reading today's news article to which you referred to regarding this statement:

Excerpt:

"Blount, the nurse in charge of the ER, told investigators that she could smell alcohol on Alex Murdaugh and had to tell him multiple times to stay in his son’s room. She saw him try to get into Doughty’s room."

"Several nurses noted that Paul Murdaugh had arrived at the hospital heavily intoxicated, in only wet boxers and socks. He tried to get out of his hospital bed three times, ripping off the monitors attached to his body, they reported."

"Laura Kent, the ER technician, told investigators that Paul Murdaugh “did not express any concern” about the others involved in the crash."

"When Kent asked Murdaugh for a urine sample, he smiled at her and asked Kent if she was going to help him, according to Kent’s sworn statement. Murdaugh also pointed to Kent’s buttocks and said “wow, that’s nice,” according to her statement."

"Kent, who described the atmosphere of the ER as a “weird, corny teen drama movie,” also said that Alex Murdaugh was moving around the ER, trying to speak with other patients and watching the monitor to keep track of where the other patients were located, according to the record of her interview with investigators."

Another Excerpt from the same article:

"New documents released from the 2019 boat crash investigation involving Paul Murdaugh reveal how extensively his father, an influential attorney, inserted himself in the early hours of the criminal investigation.

In the morning hours of Feb. 24, 2019, Murdaugh’s father, Alex, a volunteer prosecutor for the 14th Circuit Solicitor’s Office, and his grandfather, Randolph, the former solicitor, burst into Paul Murdaugh’s room in Beaufort Memorial Hospital. They forbade police from obtaining any statements from the 20-year-old, according to several witness statements and interviews.

Investigators with the S.C. Department of Natural Resources were there to figure out who was driving: Paul Murdaugh or Connor Cook, one of the five others in the boat.

Several hospital workers noted how Alex Murdaugh, the boat’s owner, attempted to intercept other boat passengers before officers interviewed them, according to the tranche of documents released on Friday.

“Mr. Murdaugh seemed to be trying to orchestrate everyone getting on the same page,” according to one nurse."

Thanks for this information, @stmarysmead.

I was just reading today's news article to which you referred to regarding this statement:

Excerpt:

"Blount, the nurse in charge of the ER, told investigators that she could smell alcohol on Alex Murdaugh and had to tell him multiple times to stay in his son’s room. She saw him try to get into Doughty’s room."

"Several nurses noted that Paul Murdaugh had arrived at the hospital heavily intoxicated, in only wet boxers and socks. He tried to get out of his hospital bed three times, ripping off the monitors attached to his body, they reported."

"Laura Kent, the ER technician, told investigators that Paul Murdaugh “did not express any concern” about the others involved in the crash."

"When Kent asked Murdaugh for a urine sample, he smiled at her and asked Kent if she was going to help him, according to Kent’s sworn statement. Murdaugh also pointed to Kent’s buttocks and said “wow, that’s nice,” according to her statement."

"Kent, who described the atmosphere of the ER as a “weird, corny teen drama movie,” also said that Alex Murdaugh was moving around the ER, trying to speak with other patients and watching the monitor to keep track of where the other patients were located, according to the record of her interview with investigators."

The actual statement PM made to the nurse was actually more obnoxious. Sexual innuendo. See except from document cloud in the article.

New documents released from the 2019 boat crash investigation involving Paul Murdaugh reveal how extensively his father, an influential attorney, inserted himself in the early hours of the criminal investigation.

*Several hospital workers noted how Alex Murdaugh, the boat’s owner, attempted to intercept other boat passengers before officers interviewed them, according to the tranche of documents released on Friday.

“Mr. Murdaugh seemed to be trying to orchestrate everyone getting on the same page,” according to one nurse.

*Alex Murdaugh’s behavior at the hospital the night of the boat crash was so troublesome that ER staff told him to either go back to his son’s room or leave the ER, according to the nurse in charge of the ER at the time.

The nurse, Linda Blount, asked a security guard to “keep an eye” on Alex Murdaugh and make sure he did not go into other passengers’ rooms, according to documents.

How do we know GF father hated him? Did I miss something?

I have been asking myself, what was going on with any of those kids that they would hang out with someone like PM and think drinking that much was okay? Apologize if that's sleuthing them. Just pray the last two years have caused all of them and their parents to re-evaluate relationships and priorities. May God bless them.

Here are some statistics to show you how common excessive drinking among teens/young adults is these days. And it was just as common when I was a teen with worse end results as penalties for drunk driving/boating were way less strict and the legal drinking age was 18.

Underage Drinking | CDC

Usually when you see rankings like this, it's not because there are weekly ice cream socials at the colleges. I have a teenage daughter and she tells me that some kids won't even apply to a college unless the party scene meets their standards.

2021 Top Party Schools in America

All of the boat occupants most likely had been drinking for a few years prior to the accident. I believe AC when asked in his deposition what MB bought and how many she drank, he answered "12 pack of Corona Premium" and "probably all of them".

Last edited:
Here are some statistics to show you how common excessive drinking among teens/young adults is these days. And it was just as common when I was a teen with worse end results as penalties for drunk driving/boating were way less strict and the legal drinking age was 18.

Underage Drinking | CDC

Usually when you see rankings like this, it's not because there are weekly ice cream socials at the colleges. I have a teenage daughter and she tells me that some kids won't even apply to a college unless the party scene meets their standards.

All of the boat occupants most likely had been drinking for a few years prior to the accident. I believe AC when asked in his deposition what MB bought and how many she drank, he answered "12 pack of Corona Premium" and "probably all of them".
Whenever I hear about the alcohol-free post-prom parties sponsored by schools, I always think that this would have been pointless when I graduated in 1981, because there would have been so little interest.

As for kids applying to a school because of its party reputation, yeah, that's common, and also very unusual for such students to make it through the freshman year.

Underage Drinking | CDC

Just drawing on experience (both in college and current, if I'm being honest), but drinking a 12 pack of light beer and drinking so much that you blow a .28 several hours after the fact are entirely different levels of "heavy drinking".

I'm not totally sure of the timeline but it sounds like they were drinking for at least, what, 6-8 hours? PM probably drank closer to two 12 packs worth of whatever booze to get to that level in that time frame.

A cop breathalyzed me once (not because I was driving but because I was underage) after 8 or 9 beers in a much shorter time frame than that and I blew a .07. I still remember that because I was astounded it was that low. I know PM is not a big guy, which obviously makes a difference, but I was at most 160 pounds at the time (wish I could say I weighed that now haha).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back