Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #64 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
His daughters get to visit him.
I think OP referring to COVID protocols.

ETA: add link

Visitation:

Visitation is only conducted by video-visitation either on-site(free) or from home (for a fee). Appropriate attire and conduct is required. Visits can be canceled at any time for a variety of reasons. Please check your visitation status prior to arriving at our facility. Visits can only be set up online at: Securus Technologies - Friends and Family Video Visitation System

Any issues with video visitation or inmate phone time need to be addressed with Securus via their website or 972-734-1111. Do not contact our facility.

On-site visits require a PIN number that you will receive when you schedule your appointment. If you do not have the assigned PIN number when you come on-sight for your appointment, you forfeit your visit. Be sure to bring a VALID photo ID to your visit. No photocopies or expired documents will be accepted.

Detentions Information - Chaffee County Sheriff

I listened to the hearing. In clarifying the potential witnesses that will be called at the preliminary hearing, the prosecutor referenced the team processing the house. However, I can't be certain that the prosecutor actually said "crime scene." Anybody? I best check the tweets... :eek:
He said crime scene :)

Could this star witness not be some type of professional SM had consulted, like, say, a divorce lawyer, estate lawyer, financial advisor, etc.?

Alternatively, could this star witness be an FBI expert in digital forensic analysis?

I mean, I know GD knows more about this stuff than anybody, on account of his 400 tours, but still.

I think BM might have been suspicious that SM was doing some independent planning.

I really don't think SM purchased any spy pen.

That smacks of being exactly the type of devious, underhanded thing BM would do.

JMO.
Agree with you about the pen. Although he would have to make sure it was close to Suzanne. Maybe by their land line phone? It was said that cell phones didn’t work there.

And your comment about the 400 tours cracked me up!

I’m stunned SM was recording information/phone calls/pics? What the heck did she catch BM up to or catch him doing? I don’t think it was recording their arguments, or catching him cheating. It’s got to be something more she was wanting documented. Cheating isn’t worth documentation, she’s known he cheated in IN. What could it be? Moo
I can't help but think that whatever SM was recording was defensive in nature. She was documenting something to protect her future, if not that of her daughters. I would tend to think she was onto him about his future plans....which did not include her...and those recordings would be to create the necessary paper trail to document
That just crossed my mind too. We have a spy pen recording god knows what, then the text to her sister, and an abrupt end to a conversation with a friend.

Just these things alone seem pretty damning for BM. Let’s hope there’s a plethora more to follow!
If one thing would surely put BM into a fit of rage beyond his ability to control himself...it would that the revelation that he was being recorded...imo. Remember how he would not allow LS to record him? And the reaction he had to Tyler about being video'd? This guy was super touchy about that.....it appears...and to find out his wife was doing that would send him over the edge beyond reach, imo. I think he had been lying to SM about matters he was confronted with...likely thinking she was buying his bs.....only to find out the opposite was true.

Is that an actual verbatim quote, or Lauren's paraphrasing?

Because if it's a direct quote, that judge's diction is absolutely horrendous.

Question: Was he admonishing the prosecution when he said that, or the defense?
I believe this was a direct quote of the Judge speaking to the prosecution after hearing the defense argue their motion.

Barry Morphew is listening to the hearing, his video is not up. His attorneys Iris Eytan and Dru Neilsen are also not in the courtroom. Eytan is doing most of the talking, at one point she was seen sipping from a Superwoman coffee mug.

Too bad "Superwoman" there doesn't know how to use the powerful 21st century Marvel spy pen.

Maybe she can borrow Wonder Woman's old-school Lasso of Truth, instead.

I highly recommend she not use it on her client, though.

That would not end well for either of them.

"Whoops!"

JMO.

Too bad "Superwoman" there doesn't know how to use the powerful 21st century Marvel spy pen.

Guess she'll just have to stick to wielding her old-school Lasso of Truth, instead.

I highly recommend she not use it on her client, though.

That would not end well for either of them.

"Whoops!"

JMO.
She'd be better off with a Kingsman mug

Could this star witness not be some type of professional SM had consulted, like, say, a divorce lawyer, estate lawyer, financial advisor, etc.?

Alternatively, could this star witness be an FBI expert in digital forensic analysis?

I mean, I know GD knows more about this stuff than anybody, on account of his 400 tours, but still.

I think BM might have been suspicious that SM was doing some independent planning.

I really don't think SM purchased any spy pen.

That smacks of being exactly the type of devious, underhanded thing BM would do.

JMO.
I can't help but wonder if that male was the pastor who left abruptly after a month or so? And wasn't his wife very good friends with a significant female who cleaned houses? Could be wrong about that. But the cryptic prayer and quick exit from town suggests that maybe the pastor...who btw would have been an obvious confidante'......just guessing about these things...but I have been puzzled about the pastor throughout this saga.

I listened to the hearing. In clarifying the potential witnesses that will be called at the preliminary hearing, the prosecutor referenced the team processing the house. However, I can't be certain that the prosecutor actually said "crime scene." Anybody? I best check the tweets... :eek:
He said crime scene :)
Good eye! Interesting you could hear her whispering in the beginning. (defense attorney) was shaking her head a few times as if she was disgusted. Interestingly they are not disgusted by the evidence of what has happened at the hands of their client but rather, less than acceptable discovery turn over.

Defense said at least five times "no physical evidence". Could that mean they just don't know of it as of yet?
Anyone else hear ms Eytan
at the very beginning whispering “she is with him at the jail”? Wonder if she and Dru Nielsen were discussing Mallory or Macy being at the jail with their dad? That’s when the judge told her he could hear her.[/QUOTE]

towards the end, we see Dru is next to Iris, so whoever Iris was talking about being in jail w Barry, maybe it was one of their assistants?

There is going to be a lot of conversation about the spy pen, and I might be parsing words, and please someone correct me if I am wrong-it was referred to as Suzanne’s spy pen? If Barry bought a spy pen to spy on Suzanne, wouldn’t it be “the spy pen” or the “defendant’s spy pen”? I get that the prosecution will have to establish who purchased it and used it in order for it to be evidence, but still. Since nothing was recorded, I am hoping that someone took shorthand and transcribed the hearing.

I believe this was a direct quote of the Judge speaking to the prosecution after hearing the defense argue their motion.

That's what I figured.

We're already off to a rocky start.

Bracing for the "no potty breaks, no live tweeting, no crayons/markers" decorum orders for the next hearing.

They're definitely coming.

JMO.

There is going to be a lot of conversation about the spy pen, and I might be parsing words, and please someone correct me if I am wrong-it was referred to as Suzanne’s spy pen? If Barry bought a spy pen to spy on Suzanne, wouldn’t it be “the spy pen” or the “defendant’s spy pen”? I get that the prosecution will have to establish who purchased it and used it in order for it to be evidence, but still. Since nothing was recorded, I am hoping that someone took shorthand and transcribed the hearing.
Yes, it was Suzanne’s pen. It was unclear initially who it belonged to, but it was clarified later on.

I'm sure someone has already asked, but what are the odds that we'll be able to watch trial on Law & Crime?
Next to nil. Covid protocols were our only real hope, as that meant WebEx was used in lieu of a packed court.

If the prelim won’t be streamed, there is little hope for the trial to be streamed.

Colorado EMC rules don’t normally allow for trials to be broadcast, but Covid changed things temporarily (Redwine trial for example). Now we’re getting back to normal.

ETA: GK copied me by saying what I was going to say before I said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆