UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 July 1986

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a brief discussion about Suzy's friend earlier in the thread, and I think she's genuine, but who knows if the time is accurate. It gives a second account of Kipper, with a description roughly similar to the Shorrold witness.

I found the geography interesting, though. If I'm not mistaken, that is the Queensmill Gate to Fulham Cemetery in the background. The Sturgis car was abandoned on Stevenage Road, yes, but in front of the garage access to the corner property of 107 Queensmill.

I've had a quick Google prowl around the Cemetery It looks very open, and well-traversed, not a neglected corner, and above all out friend Kipper [Whoever he might be] wanted quality time with Suzy.

I was wondering what other people here think of the timing of Suzy's abduction. It's puzzled me for quite a bit. I don't mean time of day, but time of the week. Whoever carries out an abduction on a Monday lunchtime? It would be so much more convenient to do it late Friday. I've always thought of Suzy's disappearance as a planned event, but this argues against it

I was wondering what other people here think of the timing of Suzy's abduction. It's puzzled me for quite a bit. I don't mean time of day, but time of the week. Whoever carries out an abduction on a Monday lunchtime? It would be so much more convenient to do it late Friday. I've always thought of Suzy's disappearance as a planned event, but this argues against it
rbbm.
A hairdresser?

A pub landlord on his day off??

That's an interesting observation Fox.

You might well be hard pushed to find another similar disappearance on a Monday lunchtime.

For me it speaks of Suzy doing something, going somewhere and then that descending in to perhaps an argument, a struggle, fight and then ultimately, sadly loss of life.

Thing is, with such an unplanned occurrence, where does one dispose of the resulting body?

I personally wouldn't attempt to transport and then bury elsewhere. Too difficult and real chance of being seen.

I would prob use the back garden area, possibly concrete over and maybe build upon.

Hoping then the focus of police attention etc, would be elsewhere.

Last edited:
A pub landlord on his day off??

Well, anyone on their day off, though. I appreciate what you are saying however.

That's an interesting observation Fox.

You might well be hard pushed to find another similar disappearance on a Monday lunchtime.

For me it speaks of Suzy doing something, going somewhere and then that descending in to perhaps an argument, a struggle, fight and then ultimately, sadly loss of life.

Thing is, with such an unplanned occurrence, where does one dispose of the resulting body?

I personally wouldn't attempt to transport and then bury elsewhere. Too difficult and real chance of being seen.

I would prob use the back garden area, possibly concrete over and maybe build upon.

Hoping then the focus of police attention etc, would be elsewhere.

Wellllllllllllllllllllll.....now I've given this a good deal of thought.
Back gardens are certainly fit for purpose, although many of the houses in the area were subdivided into flats [USA - apartments] which makes it far less convenient. Look at all the problems Dennis Nilsen had in Muswell Hill... and you can't go burning tyres in Fulham without the neighbours rioting.

There are 4 areas around Fulham which might be of interest if one was in the position of disposing of a body, two north and two south of the river, all within 3 miles of Suzy's abandoned car, to wit...

1. North. Hurlingham Club. Super-posh 41 acres, searched by the police in 2.5 hours, so something might have been missed. [London Standard Aug. 5th 1986] Now, while researching other London cases over the decades, it is clear that everywhere there are pockets of ground that may not have been disturbed for a very long time, some since before the second world war, maybe back as far as Victorian times, disused building, scrubland @ the back of toilet blocks etc. [That would certainly cover up any odours]. Everywhere, even in the Royal Parks, so probably Hurlingham could have a couple.
2. North. Four hundred allotments in Fulham Palace gardens. Less than a mile from the abandoned car. Can hardly think of a better place to hide a body. No questions about you digging large trenches..."It's for my green beans...and the smell...just some manure I managed to blag..." On the downside, I would think a thorough search would have been done, although I don't have any relevant documentation.
3. South. An abandoned viaduct in a railway cutting just south of Fawe Road in Putney. In case that doesn't sound too promising, Fawe Road is just a continuation of Disraeli Road, where Suzy lived. This viaduct is so difficult to reach in the ordinary way that there is very little graffiti. However, the bramble-filled wasteland above it looks to be accessible from the gardens of Fawe Road. Of all the areas I've looked at, this is the one with the potential to keep someone captive over an extended period.
4. South. The London Wetlands Centre - except it wasn't. In 1986 it was FOUR disused reservoirs. My mind boggles at the nasty possibilities for this site, and alas, it looks as if any traces of a crime will have been completely obliterated by the construction of the nature reserve. The best case scenario here would be a thorough search of the site before construction began, to rule it out. I have no idea whether this was the case.

So there y'all are. Fox's best geographic profile. Thought I'd get it out there before the new book is published.

Can I ask for your opinions on what this witness claims she saw please?

BW (only witness who actually knew Suzy), came forward saying she saw Suzy after Suzy left her office that afternoon at 2.45pm.

If what she says is true, then Suzy was alive and well nearly 2 hours after leaving the office, heading Hammersmith direction on the Fulham Palace Road.

Where and what was Suzy (and her male passenger), doing for 2 hours before this siting?

I do believe Barbara saw Suzy driving the car that day. However, I do wonder about the timing. I think she might be mistaken with her belief it was 2.45 pm, I think it could well of been much earlier than that.

FOX - What are your views on the pub landlord in all of this?

I know in a previous post you said you didn't believe Cannan was responsible for Suzy's disappearance (something I agree with 100%), and you felt a local person was involved. Could the landlord be this person? I don't know where he is from originally but he lived and worked in the area so would be classed as a local.

I find his account of Suzy's diary, chequebook & postcard being found on the steps of the pub on the Friday night an unlikely story. Why didn't Suzy apparently miss these items over the weekend? It was only in work on the Monday morning that the other staff said she was concerned over her missing chequebook.

We only have the landlord's word for when the items were found, and he also said that Suzy was supposed to collect them at 6.00 that Monday evening. As we know Suzy sadly never got to retrieve her items, and it's my belief that the pub was where she was heading for when she left work that Monday lunchtime.

FOX - Why didn't Suzy apparently miss these items over the weekend? It was only in work on the Monday morning that the other staff said she was concerned over her missing chequebook.

Good point.

Over that weekend Suzy worked Sat morning, went to a party, the beach and her mum and dad's.

No sign of concern, not even mentioning the missing items to friends or her parents?!?

Boyfriend Adam said in TV interview the items were 'mislead' on the Friday night.

You almost think that Suzy actually called in to the pub late on the Sunday night and the items were taken then ....

Wellllllllllllllllllllll.....now I've given this a good deal of thought.
Back gardens are certainly fit for purpose....

A back garden in a commercial property, which is only accessible through that premises and maybe backing on to a railway steep embankment would be a good, undisturbed place to bury a body for example.

Alternatively, say in a pub outhouse cellar, with the floor re-covered thick in concrete.

Again a body buried there would probably never be found unless there was specific intelligence or suspicion ....

Good point.

Over that weekend Suzy worked Sat morning, went to a party, the beach and her mum and dad's.

No sign of concern, not even mentioning the missing items to friends or her parents?!?

Boyfriend Adam said in TV interview the items were 'mislead' on the Friday night.

You almost think that Suzy actually called in to the pub late on the Sunday night and the items were taken then ....

If Suzy was at work on the Saturday morning, surely she would have noticed the items missing then? It would make more sense if the items went missing on the Sunday night.

I wonder if the BF knew for sure the items were mislaid on the Friday night or is he just taking the landlord's word for it?

A back garden in a commercial property, which is only accessible through that premises and maybe backing on to a railway steep embankment would be a good, undisturbed place to bury a body for example.

Alternatively, say in a pub outhouse cellar, with the floor re-covered thick in concrete.

Again a body buried there would probably never be found unless there was specific intelligence or suspicion ....

BBM:

I wonder if the pub had any work carried out on the property in the days/weeks after Suzy disappeared?

If Suzy was at work on the Saturday morning, surely she would have noticed the items missing then? It would make more sense if the items went missing on the Sunday night.

I wonder if the BF knew for sure the items were mislaid on the Friday night or is he just taking the landlord's word for it?

I agree. I'd imagine if those items disappeared on the Friday night Suzy would have been aware of her missing items on the Saturday morning. How long does it take you to realise you mobile isn't at hand?

As Suzy got dressed from and was subsequently picked at her flat at Disraeli Rd on Saturday afternoon, you'd have thought she'd have nipped around to the Prince of Wales before waiting until Monday?!?

Good observation re boyfriend.

FOX - What are your views on the pub landlord in all of this?

I know in a previous post you said you didn't believe Cannan was responsible for Suzy's disappearance (something I agree with 100%), and you felt a local person was involved. Could the landlord be this person? I don't know where he is from originally but he lived and worked in the area so would be classed as a local.

I find his account of Suzy's diary, chequebook & postcard being found on the steps of the pub on the Friday night an unlikely story. Why didn't Suzy apparently miss these items over the weekend? It was only in work on the Monday morning that the other staff said she was concerned over her missing chequebook.

We only have the landlord's word for when the items were found, and he also said that Suzy was supposed to collect them at 6.00 that Monday evening. As we know Suzy sadly never got to retrieve her items, and it's my belief that the pub was where she was heading for when she left work that Monday lunchtime.

I would definitely class the landlord as a local, but I'm not sure pubs are a great place to bury a body. There is always someone in a pub, staff wandering around, cleaners in the mornings, lock-ins after hours. The only safe place to hide anything in a pub is above stairs, in the landlord's quarters, but then you still have disposal to think of, and remember, it's probably a tied house, and it's the brewery that will do any alterations, not the landlord.

My view would be that under these circumstances, a body would be dumped, not buried, rolled down an embankment somewhere well away from the scene, but to be honest, I'm not that sure.

I can't see any reason her personal stuff could not have been taken Sunday, but I may have missed some evidence there.

I would definitely class the landlord as a local, but I'm not sure pubs are a great place to bury a body. There is always someone in a pub, staff wandering around, cleaners in the mornings, lock-ins after hours. The only safe place to hide anything in a pub is above stairs, in the landlord's quarters, but then you still have disposal to think of, and remember, it's probably a tied house, and it's the brewery that will do any alterations, not the landlord.

My view would be that under these circumstances, a body would be dumped, not buried, rolled down an embankment somewhere well away from the scene, but to be honest, I'm not that sure.

I can't see any reason her personal stuff could not have been taken Sunday, but I may have missed some evidence there.

To be honest I wasn't really going down the lines of where any potential remains might be buried, I am more interested in trying to find out more about the landlord and any possible involvement he might have in Suzy's disappearance.

We only have his version of the explanation of finding Suzy's things (on the steps of the pub as he was locking up Friday night), and also that Suzy apparently was going to collect her items from him at 6.00 Monday after work - again we only have his version. Is it possible that he had arranged with Suzi to meet sometime between 12.45 - 1.00 instead? Instead of meeting at the pub (it was his day off), had he arranged to meet Suzy elsewhere? Maybe he had come up with some ruse to somehow con Suzy into getting into a car - perhaps he told her her things were in the vehicle?

Two things we definitely know about Suzy's missing items are:

1. The pub landlord had possession of them.

2. Suzy never got to retrieve her items, disappearing on the very day she was meant to collect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member