GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it has been a long 2 and half days, with bare minimum coverage ( none at all today) . Refreshing Xhibit waiting for it to change! But this late in the day, it looks like we are looking at next week
When you look at it there are 7 charges to consider and 2 days is only 5/6 a day so 10/12 hours deliberations for two weeks of evidence to decide 7!charges that’s not anya kind of time at all. We will be looking at Tuesday for majority I think if unanimous doesn’t come in. Think we will have a clean sweep of guilty but by majority

Wonder what is going through the jurors' minds over this weekend? Are they decided in their verdict, or still not 100% sure?

I guess it depends on how each juror defines ' reasonable doubt '

Am I sure enough, beyond reasonable doubt? Yes.

Of course, I have spent time thinking of other reasons or scenarios for Bee's disappearance, could she have run away, could she have been taken by somebody else... yes. But none of that makes any rational sense ( to me anyway ) especially with the movements of ScW & SaW both leading up to and particularly after Bee was last seen.

Just looking back at all of the pages of discussion here, how we have pondered other scenarios but I would say that most of us come back to the same conclusion. There are hours & hours of thoughts & discussion here. Thinking of it that way, I can understand the time it is taking the jury to come to a conclusion.

As much as I have wanted a quick and clear verdict, as long as the right verdict for Bee is given that is all that matters :)

Yes with the amount of us that have come to the guilty conclusion. I'm sure there will be more incriminating evidence that we haven't heard about. And I think the majority of us would have found Saw guilty of joint enterprise if they had kept that charge too. Then I'm sure there will be justice for Bernadette.

Regardless of what anyone's opinion is, the media and social media have shown us that police have been aware of evidence from multiple sources showing that Sarah was suffering from violence and harassment from Scott.
And she wasn't present for the murder.
And regardless of what we think, there is no evidence of her deciding on the murder happening.
We have theory of her plotting it too.
But there's no evidence of Sarah plotting a murder that I've seen.

There's evidence which could be taken as 1. Her covering up abuse allegations alone.
or
2. Her of covering up abuse allegations and covering up a death/murder.

If it's determined by the jury that her actions were to cover up a death, then we can begin to assume she knew about it beforehand, due to her behaviour.

But knowing about it, when in domestic violence, doesn't necessarily mean she plotted a killing.
It could be considered like more of a manslaughter charge, where she failed to prevent a killing.
I'm not fluent with the types of charges used.

Yes with the amount of us that have come to the guilty conclusion. I'm sure there will be more incriminating evidence that we haven't heard about. And I think the majority of us would have found Saw guilty of joint enterprise if they had kept that charge too. Then I'm sure there will be justice for Bernadette.

Last edited:
I havent seen any evidence as such in regards to domestic abuse. I must have missed that part. I know a friend said she had photo of bruise. Scw said this was makeup. I know aw mentioned he had changed and stuff but this could again be saw manipulation of the current situation. Allegations in regards to sw boyfriend but well the whole setup is weird. The baby being scw through DNA puts an even odder spin on situation. It's so confusing

Regardless of what anyone's opinion is, the media and social media have shown us that police have been aware of evidence from multiple sources showing that Sarah was suffering from violence and harassment from Scott.
And regardless of what we think, there is no evidence of her deciding on the murder happening.

There's evidence which could be taken as 1. Her covering up abuse allegations alone.
or

If it's determined by the jury that her actions were to cover up a death, then we can begin to assume she knew about it beforehand, due to her behaviour.

But knowing about it, when in domestic violence, doesn't necessarily mean she plotted a killing.
It could be considered like more of a manslaughter charge, where she failed to prevent a killing.
It’s all immaterial anyway, as she hasn’t been charged with murder or manslaughter. Whatever we think she did or didn’t do she’s only on trial for PTCOJ, not for any part she played in Bee’s disappearance/death.

I don’t recall any evidence of SaW suffering from violence and harassment. Didn’t she lie about there being a court order which meant ScW had to live in the house? She refused to believe that her daughter was being sexually abused by ScW, if Sarah was herself being abused by him then you’d think that she’d have believed Bernadette, took her to the police to report what Scott was doing and had him removed from the home. For most abuse victims, learning that your abuser had moved on to your child would be the final straw. Instead she completely disregarded Bernadette and accused her of lying. Not the actions of someone who is themselves a victim of this man.

I don’t for one second believe that Sarah was afraid of Scott, she clearly wasn’t afraid that he’d hurt Bernadette either considering she took his side over the allegations and then sent him to pick up Bernadette from her grandparents. As a parent you don’t allow your child to be alone with someone who is suspected of sexually abusing them. And then, when that child disappears, go on to construct an elaborate cover up of the disappearance.

Sarah is just as culpable in this crime as Scott is IMO, she betrayed her daughter in the worst way and then fabricated evidence and painted Bernadette as a liar and runaway. I’m just shocked that the joint enterprise charge was dropped.

Sarah is just as culpable in this crime as Scott is IMO, she betrayed her daughter in the worst way and then fabricated evidence and painted Bernadette as a liar and runaway. I’m just shocked that the joint enterprise charge was dropped.
I completely agree with this, but I think there will be a lot of disappointed people if they are expecting SaW to “pay” in any way. Even if/when she’s found guilty as charged, she won’t be labelled as Bee’s actual killer, and sadly being an utterly crap mother isn’t a crime in itself. The CPS obviously didn’t think so anyway :(.

I don’t recall any evidence of SaW suffering from violence and harassment. Didn’t she lie about there being a court order which meant ScW had to live in the house? She refused to believe that her daughter was being sexually abused by ScW, if Sarah was herself being abused by him then you’d think that she’d have believed Bernadette, took her to the police to report what Scott was doing and had him removed from the home. For most abuse victims, learning that your abuser had moved on to your child would be the final straw. Instead she completely disregarded Bernadette and accused her of lying. Not the actions of someone who is themselves a victim of this man.

I don’t for one second believe that Sarah was afraid of Scott, she clearly wasn’t afraid that he’d hurt Bernadette either considering she took his side over the allegations and then sent him to pick up Bernadette from her grandparents. As a parent you don’t allow your child to be alone with someone who is suspected of sexually abusing them. And then, when that child disappears, go on to construct an elaborate cover up of the disappearance.

I 100% agree with everything you've said.

or

Wait what ?
1) How can you say she wasn’t present for the murder ?
2) No evidence that she plotted to murder?
3) if she didn’t prevent a killing then the charge is murder under joint enterprise and not manslaughter

I have a feeling there was DV from both Scott and Sarah. I don’t believe for one minute she was scared of Scott.
While the timeline has Scott last with BW it has Sarah on her social media, changing passwords and using her mobile phone.
One of these people is guilty of the physical murder of this child, but the other played a very pivotal roll. Combined they are both just as guilty.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members