Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2020 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is interesting news: I wonder what motivated that???? hmmm

At this point, it could be that they had hunches back in the day but never found anything, and possibly use it for training just in case it bears fruit. Or maybe they learned something, which would be wonderful.

Thank you Pommy, interesting to hear from the FBI and the type of help they lent in the investigation.

Hailey Dunn went missing in Texas six months after Kyron in 2010. Last month, nearly eleven years after she was murdered, the only POI in the case Shawn Adkins was arrested and charged with her murder. I honestly had given up on an arrest in her case, then boom out of nowhere they announced his arrest.

Hailey's remains (partial) were found, we don't have Kyron. Is that the major difference? I would think they have plenty of circumstantial evidence? I get the one bite at the apple mentality. What does the DA want in order to bring this case to trial, his body?

You're right, I'm frustrated.
I'm right there beside you as far as being frustrated goes.

I think you were right the first time. The DA and Kyron's family do or did want his remains recovered before trial. I think they all believed that was the only way they could lay the maximum charges. They had everything else they needed.

After 11 years, it looks like that decision was a mistake. If they ever find enough to make a positive identification, that's all it will be. Due to degradation, I doubt a cause and manner of death will be possible.

It's all so very, very sad. It's unjust, unfair, and it pretty much stinks. Dammit.

I'm right there beside you as far as being frustrated goes.

I think you were right the first time. The DA and Kyron's family do or did want his remains recovered before trial. I think they all believed that was the only way they could lay the maximum charges. They had everything else they needed.

After 11 years, it looks like that decision was a mistake. If they ever find enough to make a positive identification, that's all it will be. Due to degradation, I doubt a cause and manner of death will be possible.

It's all so very, very sad. It's unjust, unfair, and it pretty much stinks. Dammit.
<modsnip> I vaguely remember talk about Suavie Island, her phone pinged at/near there at some point?

So in the video a PI's name is mentioned, she works on cold cases in the Portland area. Is this where the SI search idea originated? Or was it because they found a red wagon? It was all a little disjointed, I didn't really understand the relevance to Kyron.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

Where do you think Kyron would choose to attend college? Would he still be interested in tropical frogs?

SO much stolen from Kaine & Desiree, and a big brother stolen from his sister....

<modsnip>

Where do you think Kyron would choose to attend college? Would he still be interested in tropical frogs?

SO much stolen from Kaine & Desiree, and a big brother stolen from his sister....

The worst thing is that so far she has gotten away with cold-blooded murder of an innocent child.

<modsnip> I vaguely remember talk about Suavie Island, her phone pinged at/near there at some point?

So in the video a PI's name is mentioned, she works on cold cases in the Portland area. Is this where the SI search idea originated? Or was it because they found a red wagon? It was all a little disjointed, I didn't really understand the relevance to Kyron.
The location of the two boat ramps is interesting, though.

The Sauvie Island Boat Ramp is just above the only bridge to Sauvie Island and closer still to the cell tower Horman's phone supposedly pinged that morning around 10:39 am. (The cell tower is on the mainland, not the island itself).

The Gilbert Boat Ramp is located near the top of the island on a road off of Reeder Road.

These were both areas of huge, huge professional searches for Kyron early on in his disappearance.

I grabbed a couple of quotes from the video:
At 15:56: However, Heidi, the detective that we were working with last week, says that there are over 100 missing person cases up in the Portland area.

I have never heard that there was a credible witness that could place her on the island in the correct timeframe.

As far as the red wagon goes, I took a look through the old Facebook photos and saw nothing with a red wagon. I saw a picture of a horse being led to step over a tire, and I saw her oldest son filling a red wheelbarrow, but no red wagon.

My heart goes out to Desiree right now. I doubt she would appreciate any of this, least of all anyone calling Kyron's case cold.

And Kyron was only 7-years-old. He would have turned eight in September. They didn't get the simple stuff correct. They must have watched the Dr. Phil show.

<modsnip>

Kyron was also a little brother to two big brothers. One brother was Desiree's first child and the other brother was Horman's first child.

The worst thing is that so far she has gotten away with cold-blooded murder of an innocent child.
Yes. Well said.

The location of the two boat ramps is interesting, though.

The Sauvie Island Boat Ramp is just above the only bridge to Sauvie Island and closer still to the cell tower Horman's phone supposedly pinged that morning around 10:39 am. (The cell tower is on the mainland, not the island itself).

The Gilbert Boat Ramp is located near the top of the island on a road off of Reeder Road.

These were both areas of huge, huge professional searches for Kyron early on in his disappearance.

I grabbed a couple of quotes from the video:
At 15:56: However, Heidi, the detective that we were working with last week, says that there are over 100 missing person cases up in the Portland area.

I have never heard that there was a credible witness that could place her on the island in the correct timeframe.

As far as the red wagon goes, I took a look through the old Facebook photos and saw nothing with a red wagon. I saw a picture of a horse being led to step over a tire, and I saw her oldest son filling a red wheelbarrow, but no red wagon.

My heart goes out to Desiree right now. I doubt she would appreciate any of this, least of all anyone calling Kyron's case cold.

And Kyron was only 7-years-old. He would have turned eight in September. They didn't get the simple stuff correct. They must have watched the Dr. Phil show.
Thanks for pointing out all the potentially relevant points and correcting - Detective, not PI. Whole different ballgame.

<modsnip: removed reference to rumor re tire>

Red wagon, red-eyed tree frog, red squirrel, red mustang, red-haired Terri. Lot's of red in this case ...

Of course Terri used burner phones to communicate with her accomplice. The news printed that her friends also bought burner phones for her after the shinola hit the fan. Deedee's missing time did not overlap with Terri's 1 1/2 hours of missing time. Deedee got involved after the fact. In all probability, Deedee was a wannabee mole and may have thought that she could smoke out a confession. She would have known whether she had ever told Terri that her father was in law enforcement. We know that they are not in communication anymore. The apparent fact that MCSO gave Deedee's name and picture to the news media, could have been part of a smoke screen, so that Terri would loosen up to Deedee and spill her guts. But Terri is very smart. She proved it in the planning of the crime and she proved it by not spilling her guts over the years. So she was not stupid enough to be seen walking out of the school with Kyron.

Desiree has said more than once that Terri was seen by a witness or witnesses leaving the school that morning with Kyron.

As I have watched true crime cases for so long, and so many going cold, I have come to the conclusion that solving these cases depends so much on the initial investigation and the intelligence, caring and compassion of the Detectives investigating the case. I have said many times before, many of these cases go cold because the investigations were just not that thorough; It takes intelligence, a certain amount of creativity or thinking out of the box to get these murderers. Right now Teri believes she got away with murder and she is right: Why didn't they put more pressure on her-- there are so many things they could have done to put pressure on her--I have seen cases where the police put out headlines in the newspaper where they put out information that was designed to let the perp think the police had more information than they really had--- at this point it would take someone calling in with a tip or new detectives with fresh eyes looking at the case.

I have always had the impression that LE did a pretty thorough job with Kyron's case. Initially, there was the possibility that the little guy went outside and got lost in the woods. There was also the investigation of everyone at the school that morning, and all the intensive searches of the school building. LE was doing the prescribed parallel investigations from the start, and within a few days they knew it was Terri. Desiree's husband, a well respected detective, knew right away. I think the sticking points were not finding the body, and no unique forensic evidence. Kyron's DNA was expected in the family truck, and he was probably still alive when he left it that day. Terri then hired a big shot criminal attorney because she knew that testifying in the divorce/custody case would prove her guilt. She was no stranger to divorce and custody cases because she'd already been through a couple of them.

Right now on ID- story of Kyron's disappearance
I did not know that Kaine left his wife Desiree for Terri- causing their divorce- ugh

To be fair.....Kaine disputes that. He says that he agreed to stay with Desiree until the baby was born in a supportive role only, and that the marriage was already over and they would never reconcile. He believed Desiree understood that he had moved on and divorce was agreed upon but only delayed until after the birth. He felt that he was free to move on with his life. Apparently Desiree did not agree with his take on their situation. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, and they did not communicate their expectations very well.

Did Desiree' see Kyron very often? I hope she did, and I also hope it's not rude to ask. I've never known what the custody arrangement was.
Thanks in advance. :)
This was discussed quite a bit in the beginning.

If my memory serves me correctly, Desiree had Kyron every other weekend. She lived in Medford at the time and faced a four to five-hour drive there and back.

Not sure if you know this, but not only Kyron was involved. The visit weekends were coordinated to allow Terri's oldest son to visit his biological father (at least until March of 2010) and Desiree's oldest son to visit on the same weekends as Kyron. I think they chose a meeting place for pick-up and drop-off times--Shari's in Springfield possibly--which would reduce the driving time for everyone.

It's my understanding for the sake of all the children, the adults co-operated and kept it friendly and pleasant. IIRC, it was often TMHV who drove Kyron and her son to and from the meeting place.

Kaine even said he allowed exceptions to visitation weekends if there was a good reason.

I'm digging here, but I believe in the coming summer of 2010, the visitation rights would change and allow Kyron to stay with Desiree for six consecutive weeks in the summer, and then with Kaine for six consecutive weeks. Both Kaine and Desiree felt that Kyron was old enough for that to be beneficial.

Also interesting to note is that Kyron disappeared on a Friday and that weekend would have been his weekend to spend with Desiree.

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

Reference to a tire was a rumor that was discussed at an external source. If a linked source discusses a rumor, please do not bring the rumor to WS for discussion.

Also, we had a Report of a problem with a link that went to a *advertiser censored* site, but I am not finding any post with such a problem. Possibly the link was wonky and was remedied in the length of time allowed for editing.

About the Show
Kyron's Car Show is an annual community event held the first Sunday in August.

Goal of the show: to bring everyone together for some good, old fashioned fun while continuing to promote awareness for missing children and child safety.

100% of all fees/donations and show proceeds go to the Kyron Horman Foundation. The Kyron Horman Foundation is a 100% volunteer 501c3 non-profit public charity with a mission to build awareness campaigns that help bring missing children home.

Thank you for participating!!
Kaine Horman

Foundation CEO and Founder

203425637_4190130291048144_1344221192502586679_n.jpg

Kyron's Car Show - Home

I would like that for all unsolved cases, the police have enough to do with current missing persons. There are so many cases that aren't looked at again for years. Why not let others here in this group help out. Obviously there are privacy issues etc so signing non disclosure agreements etc would be needed. Also people would need to be vetted which would take considerable time, but overall once that is done, this group could spend their time working on cases that the police don't have time to do.

I'm unfamiliar with the aspect of doing any NDA's. Disclosure laws vary and some agencies will charge you for public records while others do not. I am actively researching several cold case matters in my area. Responsive records to one case is in excess of 30,000 pages of reading material which is thankfully free for me. While I am not held to any particular confidentiality standards because I am doing this pro-bono as a licensed private investigator, I still observe confidentiality and secrecy practices.

If one wants to legally investigate the Kyron Horman matter, I highly encourage them to obtain a private investigator license here in Oregon and move forward from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member