Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know, everyone uses those same two pics. There are pics of me where my teeth look crazy white, then there are others they look totally normal. No veneers, just weird lighting. (Also, just an afterthought, it's entirely possible that's a photoshop job. Hard to tell since it's so low resolution and I have no idea where the pic came from.)

Either way, it certainly wouldn't surprise me that he considered himself back on the market, for lack of a better term, and opted to clean up a little. Creep.

Sorry for bombing the page. But as I re-read the transcript, a few more things came into focus. Malinda gave us many clues.

Thanks, @Knox. Regarding the transcript/video interview of Melinda speaking about her last communication and relationship with Suzanne, I want to make the following note about my own earlier confusion with information attributed to Melinda:

Take note that Melinda's lengthy, fluid interview with Chris was uploaded on May 27, 2021 -- three weeks following BM's arrest.

IMO, I was a bit confused and noticed a huge change in what I heard and understand from Melinda when comparing this interview with what and how she came across when talking to Inside Edition and GMA on May 7, 2021 -- the day after BM appeared in Court following his May 5, 2021 arrest.

I dunno --but I've always thought that Melinda was approached by somebody following her "day after arrest" comments to media but that's just me.

Last edited:
I wonder who could have been on Melinda's regular textlist, to whom she could have accidentally sent it? It's not that easy to accidentally forward a text, so I sense a high degree of anxiety about keeping that text - almost as if Melinda felt she herself might be in danger if someone saw it on her phone.

I do know that when domestic violence is involved, that the degree of paranoia that potential victims feel can be very high and somewhat contagious. It almost feels as if whatever Suzanne knew and texted to her sister made her sister feel as if Barry had a long reach, indeed.

My own suspicion is that BM at the very least was reading all of Suzanne's texts (iCloud) and other messages - but Melinda may have believed that deleting it from her phone would make it unavailable to him.

I have often wondered if BM was following along in real time (by being signed into Suzanne's FB or iCloud on his own phone) as she texted her sister (and the next morning, as she messaged with her friend). That's not an uncommon strategy for controlling spouses. All by itself, it's very frightening.

True! There are apps that parents use to watch kids text messages / phone activity in real time. So.very.scary for someone in a domestic violence relationship! How dangerous for her!

Thank you @Knox that's just what I was asking for earlier.
:0)
Yes thank you! It was good to refresh my memory. I had forgotten if Melinda was talking to CM or MK and that Suzanne did not say she was in danger, there was no cry for help, etc. That makes it even more mysterious. Oh how badly I want to see that text AND the AA!! Funny side note: I knew before I got to the TIR video at the end that it was CM interviewing Melinda when the transcript said “You should see me drive!” because CM always says that! :D He must really be a bad driver! Or it’s just something funny he says to put someone at ease? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks, @Knox. Regarding the transcript/video interview of Melinda speaking about her last communication and relationship with Suzanne, I want to make the following note about my own earlier confusion with information attributed to Melinda:

Take note that Melinda's lengthy, fluid interview with Chris was uploaded on May 27, 2021 -- three weeks following BM's arrest.

IMO, I was a bit confused and noticed a huge change in what I heard and understand from Melinda when comparing this interview with what and how she came across when talking to Inside Edition and GMA on May 7, 2021 -- the day after BM appeared in Court following his May 5, 2021 arrest.

I dunno --but I've always thought that Melinda was approached by somebody following her "day after arrest" comments to media but that's just me.
I'll have to go back and listen to the IE & GMA interviews for comparison, unless you want to just call it out?

Yes thank you! It was good to refresh my memory. I had forgotten if Melinda was talking to CM or MK and that Suzanne did not say she was in danger, there was no cry for help, etc. That makes it even more mysterious. Oh how badly I want to see that text AND the AA!! Funny side note: I knew before I got to the TIR video at the end that it was CM interviewing Melinda when the transcript said “You should see me drive!” because CM always says that! :D He must really be a bad driver! Or it’s just something funny he says to put someone at ease? :rolleyes:
Yet Melinda said SM was scared...
Hmmmm......
"The Friday before Mother's Day, my sister had sent me a text message that morning. It was very lengthy. It was very powerful. It was very revealing,' Melinda said. 'She had been ready to share some things close to her chest. She said she was scared."

I think all the witnesses who interviewed with media were speaking in the informal way we talk to our neighbors across the back fence about issues of the day. They will find they created opportunities for skilled cross-examiners to create doubts about the accuracy of their testimony, explore their biases and prejudices, and generally create doubts in the minds of the jury about what they testified. BM's attorneys aren't the only ones worried about unadvised interviews, IMO.

"..I think all your points/questions are excellent but I vote for 2. And yes, I've seen some of this behavior in inmates.

My view is that by now Barry is a walking bomb of aggression and lack of self-control, because he has never been cornered, and he uses physical activity and being in the Great Outdoors as his ways of coping. All he can do now is push-ups in his cell.

I think his attorneys are hearing him rant and rave every time they speak to him. He hired them to "GET ME OUT." He may be absolutely incapable of understanding the legal reasons why he can't have bail. He may think his lawyers aren't good enough.

They mollified him by telling him to calm down - they'd get some pretext for an expedited hearing and they'd bring up bail (and reduced charges) and he might get out! We could hear the attorney whispering about whether a certain person (referred to as "she") was with him as he attended court (I would expect one of the attorneys would have gone to the jail to sit with him - he has a right to consult with counsel during any proceeding).

In addition to being denied the gym and the Great Outdoors, Barry (probably for the first time in his life) really has time to reflect on how stupid he was/is. It's hard for people like him to get angry at themselves and they're used to taking it out on others.

With all those long hours alone, many of them at night, he gets to think about what is in the AA and all the various places he screwed up. I think he's the type that might want to bang his head against the wall, but...well, we don't know his jail circumstances.

Maybe they have one padded cell (many jails do). I bet he wishes he had used less bleach. Or left the windows open at home and at the hotel.[/QUOTE]
BBM
He would look really bad blowing up, on the screen, at the judge, for not getting bail. If no one can see his face then.....

Last edited:
True! There are apps that parents use to watch kids text messages / phone activity in real time. So.very.scary for someone in a domestic violence relationship! How dangerous for her!
Back in 2017 one of my daughters was headed deep in trouble. I got a hold of her fb password. I did log in on different nights and I read as she typed and and the other person typed.

I don't recommend doing this. But, in my circumstance, it was one of the things that was a factor in saving her from a suicide attempt.

My point.... I could read everything as it was being written. @10ofRods brought out earlier that BM could have been doing this to SM, yes real time.

I think I hate him even more.

MOO - Barry has long ago convinced the girls that this was a Kevorkian deal requested by SM herself for her own benefit, and that he disguised it like stranger murder to stay out of jail for doing his “good deed”. This will be the basis for all participants agreeing to a reduced charge with comparatively short jail time.

Look at E&N in People v. Longo. Both “unfair” cases:

In People v. Longo, E&N told the public: “He took this plea because this has been an emotional and financial toll on him and his family and he wanted to avoid any further disruption to his coveted and private family life”.

‘Days of Our Lives’ actor from Clarksville takes plea deal in assault of 9-year-old

Use People v. Longo as your E&N playbook. When E&N have Barry cop a plea to a lesser charge (of which, of course, he is innocent), E&N will announce that Barry is doing it - not for himself - but because “this has been an emotional and financial toll on him and his family and he wanted to avoid any further disruption to his coveted and private family life”.

MOO - This is why the very experienced Judge Murphy is dragging this out as long as possible - to make sure BM sees all the incriminating evidence against him and cops a plea. “Protect the daughters” says Judge Murphy over and over. He is talking to Barry.

#Lets Win This Case!”

I'll have to go back and listen to the IE & GMA interviews for comparison, unless you want to just call it out?

Personally, I think the May 27 comments during CM/IR interview are what Melinda wants out there, and adding the earlier interviews serve only to confuse and divide. In other words, I think the earlier words are more apt to be the sister's opinion although the allegations are stated as fact. I agree with @CGray123, these are unrehearsed comments that can be challenged by the defense.

Last edited:
MOO - Barry has long ago convinced the girls that this was a Kevorkian deal requested by SM herself for her own benefit, and that he disguised it like stranger murder to stay out of jail for doing his “good deed”. This will be the basis for all participants agreeing to a reduced charge with comparatively short jail time.

Look at E&N in People v. Longo. Both “unfair” cases:

In People v. Longo, E&N told the public: “He took this plea because this has been an emotional and financial toll on him and his family and he wanted to avoid any further disruption to his coveted and private family life”.

‘Days of Our Lives’ actor from Clarksville takes plea deal in assault of 9-year-old

Use People v. Longo as your E&N playbook. When E&N have Barry cop a plea to a lesser charge (of which, of course, he is innocent), E&N will announce that Barry is doing it - not for himself - but because “this has been an emotional and financial toll on him and his family and he wanted to avoid any further disruption to his coveted and private family life”.

MOO - This is why the very experienced Judge Murphy is dragging this out as long as possible - to make sure BM sees all the incriminating evidence against him and cops a plea. “Protect the daughters” says Judge Murphy over and over. He is talking to Barry.

#Lets Win This Case!”

I don't think it appropriate to paint every defendant represented by E&N with the same brush.

E&N seems to be a very talented legal team that defends their clients using all the tools of their trade. After all, that is the job of a defense lawyer!

Although I'm not familiar with the facts of People v. Longo, reportedly, the defendant went from being accused of sexual assault against a 9-year-old child (class 4 felony)-- to the court accepting a simple assault (3rd-degree misdemeanor) guilty plea, deferred 18 months.

In other words, the serious sexual assault against a child was dismissed, and the guilty misdemeanor charge will disappear from his record in 18 months. It's not a conviction.

I think more important here is that for a court to dismiss such a serious charge on a child, and defer the misdemeanor, I believe it's more likely that there was no basis for the very serious charge as alleged.

Please, let's not also paint the innocent and/or wrongly accused with Barry's brush -- just because they share the same legal team.

MOO

This puzzles me. I can't for the life of me understand what advantages BM (and now his attorneys) seeks from keeping his face off camera. My limited imagination struggles to see this, but I have a gut feeling it's important somehow.

1. Does BM have experience that has taught him his face is an open book, and without the ability physically to impose or at least distract the listener people will gain insight into his thoughts? Does the behavior say anything about his desire for - or obsession with - control?

2. Is BM so given to angry outbursts and physical violence when under stress that a video of him reacting to the events and statements made in court could provide evidence against him? Is this one reason a third member of the defense team had to be with him as he listened? To prevent him from turning the switch and interrupting?

3. Does BM have a history of avoiding public exposure?

4. Has anyone seen this behavior in another defendant?

5. Is it possible BM has an actual conscience, or the ability to feel shame?

This has been a good question from the beginning. Thanks to those of you who remind us.
When the public watches videos of Barry in jail wearing his jailbird clothes, the public associates Barry with criminality. The defense does not want this to happen.

I don't think it appropriate to paint every defendant represented by E&N with the same brush.

E&N seems to be a very talented legal team that defends their clients using all the tools of their trade. After all, that is the job of a defense lawyer!

Although I'm not familiar with the facts of People v. Longo, reportedly, the defendant went from being accused of sexual assault against a 9-year-old child (class 4 felony)-- to the court accepting a simple assault (3rd-degree misdemeanor) guilty plea, deferred 18 months.

In other words, the serious sexual assault against a child was dismissed, and the guilty misdemeanor charge will disappear from his record in 18 months. It's not a conviction.

I think more important here is that for a court to dismiss such a serious charge on a child, and defer the misdemeanor, I believe it's more likely that there was no basis for the very serious charge as alleged.

Please, let's not also paint the innocent and/or wrongly accused with Barry's brush -- just because they share the same legal team.

MOO

I am missing your point. Maybe you are missing mine.

I am not talking about any moral turpitude on the part of Longo or Barry.

I am using a brush to paint E&N.

If you look up the cases of people where E&N represented the defendant, you can see how E&N practice their craft.

If you look up People v Longo, you will be edified in that regard.

I am missing your point. Maybe you are missing mine.

I am not talking about any moral turpitude on the part of Longo or Barry.

I am using a brush to paint E&N.

If you look up the cases of people where E&N represented the defendant, you can see how E&N practice their craft.

If you look up People v Longo, you will be edified in that regard.
Sound familiar?

"It is unfair that Mr. Morphew is sitting in jail being held hostage when there is no physical evidence that a murder has occurred." - Attorney Iris Eytan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV/status/1418261337331933193

Did Lauren Scharf quote E&N correctly?

Did E&N really say:

It is “unfair” that “Mr. Morphew is being held HOSTAGE?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics