Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am missing your point. Maybe you are missing mine.

I am not talking about any moral turpitude on the part of Longo or Barry.

I am using a brush to paint E&N.

If you look up the cases of people where E&N represented the defendant, you can see how E&N practice their craft.

If you look up People v Longo, you will be edified in that regard.

I don't think I've missed OP's point.

I think it's very clear: In less than 24 hours, OP's made multiple posts referencing E & N and the Longo case, and OP's opinion that the results were unfair.

I think BM is going to have a fair trial-- free of any worry of ineffective assistance of counsel.

I'm familiar with a couple of E & N's Colorado cases (not Longo) where I found the team very skilled, prepared, and strategic litigators. I'm more impressed than I am troubled by them, and not aware of any bar complaints or violations impeding their law licenses.

Of course, it will always be difficult to know that KK is enjoying her children and her freedom when Kelsey's daughter has no mother. However, I'm not going to hold KK's freedom against E & N for representing their client to the best of their ability. I further credit them for getting their client released earlier than anybody expected after finding an error that all others missed.

In my opinion, E & N are constantly trying both new paint and a variety of brushes in their office. I say bring it on. Show us your A-game.

MOO

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #65 *ARREST*

I don't think I've missed OP's point.

I think it's very clear: In less than 24 hours, OP's made multiple posts referencing E & N and the Longo case, and OP's opinion that the results were unfair.

I think BM is going to have a fair trial-- free of any worry of ineffective assistance of counsel.

I'm familiar with a couple of E & N's Colorado cases (not Longo) where I found the team very skilled, prepared, and strategic litigators. I'm more impressed than I am troubled by them, and not aware of any bar complaints or violations impeding their law licenses.

Of course, it will always be difficult to know that KK is enjoying her children and her freedom when Kelsey's daughter has no mother. However, I'm not going to hold KK's freedom against E & N for representing their client to the best of their ability. I further credit them for getting their client released earlier than anybody expected after finding an error that all others missed.

In my opinion, E & N are constantly trying both new paint and a variety of brushes in their office. I say bring it on. Show us your A-game.

MOO

I expect they'll bring more than the last hearing. I'm not terribly impressed.

It’s just a feeling I have, with no real basis other than some cases I’ve followed where people have been found that, by all rights, shouldn’t have been—sometimes soon, sometimes not for years. But found by a fluke, by someone being off course, or trespassing, or doing something s/he didn’t normally do.

Mostly, I simply want SUZANNE found—for her girls, her family, her friends, for her.

Kelsey Berreth’s case amply illustrates how brutal some men can be with their children’s mothers. I have little hope. But I have to hope that murderers would have their comeuppance.

"..I think all your points/questions are excellent but I vote for 2. And yes, I've seen some of this behavior in inmates.

My view is that by now Barry is a walking bomb of aggression and lack of self-control, because he has never been cornered, and he uses physical activity and being in the Great Outdoors as his ways of coping. All he can do now is push-ups in his cell.

I think his attorneys are hearing him rant and rave every time they speak to him. He hired them to "GET ME OUT." He may be absolutely incapable of understanding the legal reasons why he can't have bail. He may think his lawyers aren't good enough.

They mollified him by telling him to calm down - they'd get some pretext for an expedited hearing and they'd bring up bail (and reduced charges) and he might get out! We could hear the attorney whispering about whether a certain person (referred to as "she") was with him as he attended court (I would expect one of the attorneys would have gone to the jail to sit with him - he has a right to consult with counsel during any proceeding).

In addition to being denied the gym and the Great Outdoors, Barry (probably for the first time in his life) really has time to reflect on how stupid he was/is. It's hard for people like him to get angry at themselves and they're used to taking it out on others.

With all those long hours alone, many of them at night, he gets to think about what is in the AA and all the various places he screwed up. I think he's the type that might want to bang his head against the wall, but...well, we don't know his jail circumstances.

Maybe they have one padded cell (many jails do). I bet he wishes he had used less bleach. Or left the windows open at home and at the hotel.
BBM
He would look really bad blowing up, on the screen, at the judge, for not getting bail. If no one can see his face then.....[/QUOTE]

I think BM regrets not hiring attorneys early.:)
His greed, in collecting money, probably was the reason.
Now, all his statements have come to haunt him, and land him deep in ****.
Great.:D
Can't wait to hear the many lies, and ridiculous explanations.
We will be in fits of laughter, hearing about BM's interviews, as had LE.
Coming soon.....

It does look to me like he has had work done and lost weight which has thinned his face. The Christmas photo is not high quality but it looks like he could have had a nose job in addition to the veneers and possible eye work. I personally think he looks like a different person and much more attractive than his earlier thick head pics.
I’m wondering if the change in appearance had more to do with plans to flee the area and establish a new identity elsewhere, rather than just chasing women. The new look combined with as few images of his face as possible may have been part of a plan to escape into a new life. Moo

It does look to me like he has had work done and lost weight which has thinned his face. The Christmas photo is not high quality but it looks like he could have had a nose job in addition to the veneers and possible eye work. I personally think he looks like a different person and much more attractive than his earlier thick head pics.
I’m wondering if the change in appearance had more to do with plans to flee the area and establish a new identity elsewhere, rather than just chasing women. The new look combined with as few images of his face as possible may have been part of a plan to escape into a new life. Moo
The real problem I have with Barry's new image..is that he projected that onto his daughters...I think he wanted them to "move on" too......without their mother. A new life for all.....isn't that just special?

The real problem I have with Barry's new image..is that he projected that onto his daughters...I think he wanted them to "move on" too......without their mother. A new life for all.....isn't that just special?

Did the original image of BM with the seemingly perfect teeth come from BM's social media? Do we know for sure that this photo was taken during Christmas 2020? The daughters look fairly short here.

We discussed this before: CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #57 *ARREST*

Chaffee County Combined Court Clerk confirmed #BarryMorphew attorneys requested for him to not appear on video at the last hearing and there was no objection by the People so Judge Murphy granted it.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1419778720974483461?s=21
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1419778720974483461?s=21
Typical Barry, whining and crying to get his way because he cannot be treated the same as all of those criminals he is housed with. I can see the temper-tantrum now....wah wah wah I don't want to be on camera and have everyone talk about my new "natural" look these days. Those days are numbered...justice is happening and your days of asking and receiving are running out.

Sleuthers,

Eytan and Neilsen represented the defense in People v. Cody Longo. You can find the case here :
‘Days of Our Lives,’ 'Hollywood Heights' actor charged with sexual assault of 9-year-old girl
and other places. I highly recommend Sleuthers familiarize themselves with E&N’s representation in this case.

E&N enabled Longo to beat the rap, getting him a marvelous deal - he pleaded guilty to some imaginary charge that had nothing to do with what he was arrested for or any 9-year-old girl. No jail time.

Read that E&N spoke about their client with missionary zeal - insisting on his complete and total innocence. If you did not know it was total defense attorney b.s., you’d have actually felt sorry for Longo, an innocent passer by - wrong place wrong time, trapped by the wicked system!

Sound familiar?

"It is unfair that Mr. Morphew is sitting in jail being held hostage when there is no physical evidence that a murder has occurred." - Attorney Iris Eytan.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV/status/1418261337331933193

E&N are in this case for the same two reasons as they represented Cody Longo: The Money and the Thrill of the Game!

Per the rules of the Game, they will say or argue anything that will help BM beat the rap. (within a few ethical limits)

E&N are at the top of their game when it comes to sounding CONVINCING AND LOGICAL!

But always remember - anything they say has but one purpose - to beat the rap! Not justice, not fairness, not elucidation - E&N are here to beat the rap!

So fasten your seatbelts and watch the show that E&N are bound to put on (especially for BM)

But bear in mind that Judge Murphy and the prosecution have previously seen and heard the entire E&N show before. See Judge Murphy’s reaction to E&N’s plea for bail. In one ear and out the other. Been there done that. No rap beating in his court!
This aint the Cody Longo case.

#Let’s Win This Case!
I differ more in tone than substance with your post. I don't want to get to deeply into child sexual assault cases, but I must say, there are sound reasons the prosecutor would have offered and the judge would have approved Cody Longo's very lenient plea deal: essentially compliance with the terms of probation for 18 months and a misdemeanor assault charge is dismissed.

Sexual assault on a child is very hard to prove because young children tend to want to tell the person asking the questions what they think they want to hear. There are often problems with the parents' role in the initiation of the charge and with the emotionally charged subsequent investigation. People have been wrongly accused. Frontline did a series of presentations on the high profile Child Day Care Cases if you would like to understand why the lenient kind of deal Cody Longo received is more common in these cases than we should be comfortable with.

It sounds like E&N did a thorough job of developing evidence of innocence. They had Longo take a lie detector test, which he passed, and they had the child examined by their own psychologist, whose testimony would at least have created reasonable doubt. In sum, they did their job well. There is no reason to believe they are defense attorneys for the money only, or for the "thrill of the game." I know attorneys who make a career in criminal defense, who find satisfaction of doing a good job and getting a good result for their clients. I don't object to such competent and ethical attorneys making a living.

In criminal court, they are part of a system designed to assure that only those who are truly guilty are deprived of their liberty. They help to prevent those in power from jailing innocent people for poliiical or corrupt reasons that have nothing to do with the facts and the law - as happens often in authoritarian countries. The system is human, and sometimes gets it wrong. Even so, it's the best in the world IMO.

I agree with those who are grateful that BM has competent advocates, and who say even the most competent attorney cannot overcome the effect of damning evidence.

So physical evidence that proves death is very different than “no physical evidence.”

We folk in Australia have this year been following the case of Melissa Caddick. She defrauded quite a few people, including friends (and her own parents) of millions. When she was found out, she disappeared. Months later her foot in a running shoe was found washed up on a beach a long way away. So is she dead, or isn't she?

Interesting point. I think he had eyelid surgery. His mug shot shows lines that are the typical scars for that and he no longer has hooded eyes (which he has had since his youth - they just got a bit more hooded as he got older). People sometimes dislike having them and that surgery is fairly common. I think his eyes look as if he was still in recovery from it - perhaps a month in (I know people who've had it for medical reasons, because the eyelid was interfering with vision). His weren't that bad, but you do make me wonder if indeed he hoped to change his appearance in order to flee.

Another big oopsie. I'm very curious if the prosecution will bring that up in the "he was about to flee" portion. That portion of the trial might not be very lengthy, come to think of it. He may have had a nose job before Christmas - that photo is indeed not the highest quality. Veneers are definitely there (but I think he had them for quite a while).

Interesting point. I think he had eyelid surgery. His mug shot shows lines that are the typical scars for that and he no longer has hooded eyes (which he has had since his youth - they just got a bit more hooded as he got older). People sometimes dislike having them and that surgery is fairly common. I think his eyes look as if he was still in recovery from it - perhaps a month in (I know people who've had it for medical reasons, because the eyelid was interfering with vision). His weren't that bad, but you do make me wonder if indeed he hoped to change his appearance in order to flee.

Another big oopsie. I'm very curious if the prosecution will bring that up in the "he was about to flee" portion. That portion of the trial might not be very lengthy, come to think of it. He may have had a nose job before Christmas - that photo is indeed not the highest quality. Veneers are definitely there (but I think he had them for quite a while).
I don't think the cosmetic changes BM has made will be tied to "flight risk" to any real extent. That can be argued away..."correcting premature aging due to stress of losing his wife"...etc. I think his financial records, liquidations, not to mention any discovered travel plans will connect him to "flight risk' much more than his new appearance.

I do agree. If I had committed a heinous act and there were mountains of evidence against me, I too, would call them to help me (if I could afford it). Your point is well taken, we don't want them to be as good as they are at finding technicalities. We want justice served and SM to be found.

This doesn't mean they are unethical as you pointed out, they are merely excellent at doing their job. They are good, but we can hold out hope that the evidence is irrefutable and I believe the prosecution has some incredibly strong evidence.

I do believe if they had "if the glove doesn't fit you must acquit" evidence they would have used it to get him out or as a plea for bail.

I'm with you. Understanding E & N is an important navigation tool of this case.

We folk in Australia have this year been following the case of Melissa Caddick. She defrauded quite a few people, including friends (and her own parents) of millions. When she was found out, she disappeared. Months later her foot in a running shoe was found washed up on a beach a long way away. So is she dead, or isn't she?
Well, IMO, she is definitely footloose. IMO

I wonder who could have been on Melinda's regular textlist, to whom she could have accidentally sent it? It's not that easy to accidentally forward a text, so I sense a high degree of anxiety about keeping that text - almost as if Melinda felt she herself might be in danger if someone saw it on her phone.

I do know that when domestic violence is involved, that the degree of paranoia that potential victims feel can be very high and somewhat contagious. It almost feels as if whatever Suzanne knew and texted to her sister made her sister feel as if Barry had a long reach, indeed.

My own suspicion is that BM at the very least was reading all of Suzanne's texts (iCloud) and other messages - but Melinda may have believed that deleting it from her phone would make it unavailable to him.

I have often wondered if BM was following along in real time (by being signed into Suzanne's FB or iCloud on his own phone) as she texted her sister (and the next morning, as she messaged with her friend). That's not an uncommon strategy for controlling spouses. All by itself, it's very frightening.

I've felt for the longest time he was spying on Suzanne and she knew it. That could very well be the reason why she obtained a spy pen.

Interesting. Seems police have no doubt she's deceased. Hope the liquidation is successful and whatever payback possible can begin.

If (big if) I were a defense attorney, I could not in good conscience defend someone who I felt was 100% guilty of first degree murder. I totally understand everyone deserves a fair trial, I am fully onboard with our constitutional rights. But I couldn’t be the person that possibly kept a family from receiving justice and closure by defending a killer and it boiled down to let’s say a technicality. Kudos to those who can. Our country needs good defense attorneys. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks