Mexico - Arlington TX Firefighter Elijah Snow, wed anniversary found dead at Cancun resort, Jul 2021

Celebrating your 10 yrs wedding anniversary can be an "outside thing". It doesn't mean you are happy on the inside. Celebrating this is maybe full of nice expectations...and then you realize "what are we actually celebrating?" Back to bar...kind of sad.

I never visited Cancun, but I've been to Playa Mujeres (Excellence resort) I never had a better holiday. The drinks were the "real stuff", the food was excellent (7 different restaurants), the service great, the working people; kind, considered and trustworthy. (respect comes both ways isn't it) Security all over the place. We took several trips on our own and even went in a rented car to see Chitzen Itza (bucketlist thingie) Never felt unsafe...along the way also kind and helpful people. It's really sad to hear about all the negative things....not saying terrible things happen in Mexico...for real, but it has nothing to do with drinks in resorts, it's far worse. As a tourist Mexicans really made me feel good.

Last edited:
We will never be able to understand or justify a REALLY drunk person's "logic". It is an exercise in futility to even try. Impaired people who are without reason will not make reasonable choices. Outcomes are evident when motives are impossible to discern.
Sadly many don’t want to believe alcohol is a drug and it kills just like any drug.
Yep it’s legal, it’s highly promoted and very profitable.
In Mexico I’ve had to stop waiters from bringing tequila shots to my teens, there is no such thing as too young to get s#^t faced at resorts.
Drunk people do really dangerous and stupid things on vacation, ask any bartender or resort employee

Sadly many don’t want to believe alcohol is a drug and it kills just like any drug.
Yep it’s legal, it’s highly promoted and very profitable.
In Mexico I’ve had to stop waiters from bringing tequila shots to my teens, there is no such thing as too young to get s#^t faced at resorts.
Drunk people do really dangerous and stupid things on vacation, ask any bartender or resort employee

I consider Alcohol as a hard drug....available all around, very addictive...perfect to hide you are addicted, don't need to explain I guess.....makes you think....Covid didn't help in all of this.

Edit to add.

I don't know what happened, can't explain the bruises...some of them don't look to be resulting from lividity to be honest. I'm not an expert....strange place to be ending up dead. Also the window was so low (at least at the outside) that he could easily pull some strength with his legs...Of course we still don't know if he was getting in or out the window (sorry if I have missed that) Maybe from the inside things were different. How in the world would you end up there?

46016189-9840469-Sunset_Royal_Beach_general_manager_David_Barcenas_said_the_trage-a-24_1627588792089.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not an expert; however, he does look like he's been in a fight. I sure hope that they hired a U.S. ME. I now think that the death was staged. He may not have been dead when he was placed in that window but died there after being placed there.

ETA: I see that the authorities told them that the transport of the body would take a week. I wonder why there would be a delay. Because of this information, the wife decided to have him cremated in Mexico. I would have opted for the delay.

The money from his wallet was missing. No surprise there. Anyone could have taken it. There's no honor among thieves.

JMO.

Last edited:
A forensic question for anyone who knows -- how long after an impact must a person be alive/have active bloodflow in order for bruises (other than postmortem pooling) to form?

My thoughts about the bruising -- if he were trying to leave the bathroom through a high window (presuming it's fairly high since he could have backed away from a low window) maybe he tried to jump up to the window opening several times before "succeeding"? Meaning maybe he jumped and then fell back multiple times, which could have involved hitting various body parts on the floor, sink, toilet, counter, etc whatever is in the room. Even a toilet paper holder or towel holder could make bruises if one fell against it. We just don't know what other escape attempts he may have tried before arriving in the position he eventually died in.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back