Found Deceased CA - Philip Kreycik, 37, Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park, 10 Jul 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/search-for-missing-pleasanton-runner-to-resume/

KRON4 interview with Sgt. Kelly of Alameda Co. Sheriff's Office. Please delete if this has already been posted.

This weekend's renewed search is to double back over areas already searched. No new clues since beginning.

No evidence found by LE that Philip voluntarily disappeared.

Sheriff's Office personnel are so impressed by Philip that they feel as if they are searching for their own family member.
I hope they find him this weekend

MOD NOTE

Hey folks,
While we are all anxious and eager for Philip to be found, discussing rumors is not helpful, and is in fact against the WS rules. If someone, especially a new member, posts inside information as fact without an MSM link to substantiate the info, it is a RUMOR, a violation of TOS, and we ask that you NOT respond to it. Please REPORT it instead so that mods can review it, remove it if necessary, and perhaps invite the poster to become a Verified Insider. Replying to the rumor post creates a line of discussion that will need to also be removed. Remember that Websleuths is fact -based. Unsubstantiated rumor derails a thread and causes all sorts of problems if it ‘grows’ in the thread. The REPORT button is your friend, then scroll and roll. Please try not to perpetuate a rumor.

THANK YOU for helping us keep Websleuths the gold standard in true crime discussion.

coco

I wish they'd release the photos of him from the surveillance footage at the UPS/Post Office/Mail Shop.....

This would be very helpful.

Not to be a downer, but while searching NAMUS for another case, I have kept an eye. There was a young man who was found in LA the day PK disappeared, but his facial hair is more filled in, and he appears slightly heavier build. I'm certain he is not PK, but as an example.

This would be very helpful.

Not to be a downer, but while searching NAMUS for another case, I have kept an eye. There was a young man who was found in LA the day PK disappeared, but his facial hair is more filled in, and he appears slightly heavier build. I'm certain he is not PK, but as an example.

sorry I don’t quite get the reference, example of what?

Per the AMA there were two land owners who wouldn’t let CT’s group search their property but official SAR/LE was allowed some access — so it’s not like that property hasn’t been searched at all. Also, CT thought the probability of PK being on that land was extremely low.

We were allowed to thoroughly search one of the two the day after that AMA (wasn’t the AMA that caused that but was nice to check off the box). SAR is covering both properties today more extensively (at least their planning docs suggested so as of a few days ago). I honestly do believe this is just a case of well-known grumps being grumpy which is completely in their right though obviously not what most of us would do in this sort of situation.

True. Then at least people would have the most accurate visual of what to look out for. I think the pics provided are more staged family pics, and none are full body shots, right?

fwiw this is why we released the two photos he was in that I took from the night before. He doesn’t vary much in his facial hair but they were super recent photos.

the ups footage isn’t likely to be super useful given we have the clothes he was seen in from that footage (they were in his car).

the trailhead witness mentioned is not fully confirmed yet, it’s why we were trying for the Tesla footage, but may give us a shirt description. TL;DR neighbor claims to have seen him changing by his car. Details contain non-released info from which we can verify it’s a likely true account, but contain enough uncertainty that it’s not a tip we’re ready to broadcast, especially as it’s not particularly new info unless the shirt info is confirmed.

last thing: I’ve seen a lot of Qs I’d totally answer but I don’t have time to sit and do so often. If someone wants to collate and distill them down to the base Qs it’ll make it easy for me to answer them in bulk in a shareable format.

sorry I don’t quite get the reference, example of what?

An example of a UID who could be PK, in theory. That is, he matches relative location, relative age, height, weight range, wore size 11 shoes, hair and eye color.

I'm certain he is not PK as he has a recognizable face and clear post-mortem photos.

I wish they'd release the photos of him from the surveillance footage at the UPS/Post Office/Mail Shop.....

But the thing is, why NOT release them?
It just seems strange not to, and in most missing persons cases the last known footage is released to the public.

I want to see them, for all we know they might not even exist.

It is unusual not to release the surveillance images from the UPS (?) store.

I remain really, really curious about surveillance in the area in general. I understand there is something going on with a Tesla, as CT mentioned, but what about other surveillance in the area?

Also, really long shot, but did PK have Toyota Key Finder? How does Toyota Key Finder work?

last thing: I’ve seen a lot of Qs I’d totally answer but I don’t have time to sit and do so often. If someone wants to collate and distill them down to the base Qs it’ll make it easy for me to answer them in bulk in a shareable format.

Hi @runspired I’m sure these are not all the questions various members have asked you concerning Philip’s disappearance, but as you suggested it may be easier for you to address some of them if they’re in a compiled form.
(Note: these questions are from other members’ posts & may have already been answered) Hope this helps a lil!
Thanks for all your input and the hard work you’ve put in towards finding Philip.

Compiled Questions from Members
Are cameras at the exit/entrance points to the Emergency Vehicle Access points to Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park and were they checked?

Was the property around 9104 Longview searched where the Augustin Bernal Park entrance is at the top of the cul de sac (Augustin Bernal is the city park that accesses the EBRPD Pleasanton Ridge Park)?

Any subsequent thoughts to whether you think Philip was seen near the Arroyo Mocho trail near Santa Rita Rd across from the Walmart Neighborhood Market store that evening on Saturday July 10th?

Was there any validity to the report I read that a woman saw a man running under a bridge in/near the park, seemingly in distress? (maybe this ties in with the Walmart sighting)

Where did the dogs lose Philip's scent? I've read it was near a water tank off of Moller Ranch Dr. Is that accurate?

Have the water tanks been searched?

If the sighting near a Walmart where the individual appeared ready to cross a multi-lane highway was PK, what else is in that immediate area?

Are there trains heading out? Could he have crawled inside a freight car?

Was the shirt that was found in PK's car the same one he wore on Friday night? And why is it assumed that PK was "probably" shirtless when he ran?

Do you know what the temperature was in the park at the time of Philip's run? I tried to find this info on some weather sites but wasn't able to. I'm asking because I live about 30 miles from Pleasanton Ridge Park, so I experience basically the same climate. When I see references to running in 107 degree heat or some such, I know that can't be true. 107 degrees was reportedly the highest temperature for that location on 7/10.

Do you think offering a reward for information will help find him?

One thing I'm really puzzled by probably cannot be answered, but I will put it back out there: with all of the general surveillance out there, the only place PK was captured was when sending the package?

But the thing is, why NOT release them (surveillance of Philip dropping off package)?
It just seems strange not to, and in most missing persons cases the last known footage is released to the public.

Last edited:
It is unusual not to release the surveillance images from the UPS (?) store.

I remain really, really curious about surveillance in the area in general. I understand there is something going on with a Tesla, as CT mentioned, but what about other surveillance in the area?

Also, really long shot, but did PK have Toyota Key Finder? How does Toyota Key Finder work?

I'm wondering if it is just the policy of UPS for privacy reasons not to release surveillance footage due to their type of business. Just guessing as I am not in the USA.

I was finally able to answer my own question about what the temps were at the time of Philip's run.

Using the Pleasanton zip code of 94588 on Pleasanton, CA Past Weather For Last 30 days - LocalConditions.com, on 7/10 it was 89.6 at 11 AM. Not too far beyond what runspired reported as Philip's comfort zone. By the 11:45 AM projected end time of the run, it was 95F. The high temp of 105.8 did not occur until 2.45 PM. The 105.8 comports with MSM reports of 106F temps "that day," so the temps on this site seem accurate enough to satisfy me.

His decision to go out for what was for him a short run while temps were still in the 80s (ok, barely) does not seem unreasonable for me. It was not a decision to go running when it was 106F.

Hoping Philip is found.

Hi @runspired I’m sure these are not all the questions various members have asked you concerning Philip’s disappearance, but as you suggested it may be easier for you to address some of them if they’re in a compiled form.
(Note: these questions are from other members’ posts & may have already been answered) Hope this helps a lil!
Thanks for all your input and the hard work you’ve put in towards finding Philip.

Compiled Questions from Members
Are cameras at the exit/entrance points to the Emergency Vehicle Access points to Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park and were they checked?

Was the property around 9104 Longview searched where the Augustin Bernal Park entrance is at the top of the cul de sac (Augustin Bernal is the city park that accesses the EBRPD Pleasanton Ridge Park)?

Any subsequent thoughts to whether you think Philip was seen near the Arroyo Mocho trail near Santa Rita Rd across from the Walmart Neighborhood Market store that evening on Saturday July 10th?

Where did the dogs lose Philip's scent? I've read it was near a water tank off of Moller Ranch Dr. Is that accurate?

Have the water tanks been searched?

If the sighting near a Walmart where the individual appeared ready to cross a multi-lane highway was PK, what else is in that immediate area?

Are there trains heading out? Could he have crawled inside a freight car?

Was the shirt that was found in PK's car the same one he wore on Friday night? And why is it assumed that PK was "probably" shirtless when he ran?

Do you know what the temperature was in the park at the time of Philip's run? I tried to find this info on some weather sites but wasn't able to. I'm asking because I live about 30 miles from Pleasanton Ridge Park, so I experience basically the same climate. When I see references to running in 107 degree heat or some such, I know that can't be true. 107 degrees was reportedly the highest temperature for that location on 7/10.

Do you think offering a reward for information will help find him?

One thing I'm really puzzled by probably cannot be answered, but I will put it back out there: with all of the general surveillance out there, the only place PK was captured was when sending the package?

But the thing is, why NOT release them (surveillance of Philip dropping off package)?

I was finally able to answer my own question about what the temps were at the time of Philip's run.

Using the Pleasanton zip code of 94588 on Pleasanton, CA Past Weather For Last 30 days - LocalConditions.com, on 7/10 it was 89.6 at 11 AM. Not too far beyond what runspired reported as Philip's comfort zone. By the 11:45 AM projected end time of the run, it was 95F. The high temp of 105.8 did not occur until 2.45 PM. The 105.8 comports with MSM reports of 106F temps "that day," so the temps on this site seem accurate enough to satisfy me.

His decision to go out for what was for him a short run while temps were still in the 80s (ok, barely) does not seem unreasonable for me. It was not a decision to go running when it was 106F.

Hoping Philip is found.

I didn’t even think about asking what the actual temperature was during the time frame Philip was believed to be running. Thanks for sharing; very insightful.

I didn’t even think about asking what the actual temperature was during the time frame Philip was believed to be running. Thanks for sharing; very insightful.

It just bothered me because I live in the same area in terms of climate and knew it could not have been the reported 106/107 temp at 11 AM.

Please take my question off the list if you still have time to edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater