Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Thank you so much for that answer...very interesting. (I was adopted, sorry not trying to take the focus off Libby and Abby)

Not to take away the focus from Libby and Abby, but I wish you good luck if you are searching for relatives. (My feeling is, everyone deserves at least a good family history, so adoptees are entitled to some information).

Wow! Thank you so much for that answer...very interesting. (I was adopted, sorry not trying to take the focus off Libby and Abby)

Not to take away the focus from Libby and Abby, but I wish you good luck if you are searching for relatives. (My feeling is, everyone deserves at least a good family history, so adoptees are entitled to some information).
A founder event like what you're speculating here would be more typical of the German Baptist or Mennonite communities in Indiana. The rest of the population of Carroll County now would be considerably more genetically diverse, IMO. This part of Indiana also had a great deal of migration from Appalachia within the last two or three generations, which was typical throughout the rural Midwest.

JMO but I don't think a lack of genetic diversity in the local population is the "problem" with the DNA in this case. I think something else is going on. I'm hopeful it's something that advances in technology can eventually address.

I hope and wish that advances might help. But sometimes I wonder if there are two, or three, things, happening simultaneously in the Delphi DNA case. However, I see that as of today, existing DNA technology can not be used to “prove” the crime.

I've always assumed the DNA in this case was one of two things, so small they can't really use it for much; or from a source that could be 100% innocent (so not semen, blood or skin under fingernails, etc). Something like a beer bottle nearby, very, very unlikely to be BG but it's all they have so...

Also, for the poster that's adopted, if you are looking to find biological relatives via DNA testing there are tons of search angel groups and genealogy groups on Facebook and Reddit that will happily give free advice and help. I have helped some folks with it as I'm big into DNA testing and genealogy. Good luck!

I've always assumed the DNA in this case was one of two things, so small they can't really use it for much; or from a source that could be 100% innocent (so not semen, blood or skin under fingernails, etc). Something like a beer bottle nearby, very, very unlikely to be BG but it's all they have so...

Also, for the poster that's adopted, if you are looking to find biological relatives via DNA testing there are tons of search angel groups and genealogy groups on Facebook and Reddit that will happily give free advice and help. I have helped some folks with it as I'm big into DNA testing and genealogy. Good luck!

My old answer would have been, they can amplify it by using PCR. Some recent books I have read indicate that the problem might emerge not when there is a little bit of perp’s DNA per se, but when a little bit of perp’s DNA is mixed with a lot of the victim’s one. Then, essentially, you amplify both.

The way I explain it to myself, imagine you are having something like a huge painting of Monet, say, “the Sunrise”. And then someone, like Kazimir Malevich, writes a tiny “Red square” somewhere in it (he had many squares). To find it, you have to blow up everything, so even blown up, the red square will be lost in enlarged impressionist strokes (this is my way to imagine what happens; I don’t know if PCR amplification of mixed samples is still a problem).

More likely, there is simply a very dirty, mixed, contaminated, sample, and the problem is to separate the DNAs. This is the task of the future.

And even if they do it, the dude still has to have minimal, even flimsy, connection with Delphi. Otherwise, he can say “oh, I donated this to Goodwill an Anchorage where I live”.

no way he was hammered...you avoid things like the MHB when you are drunk and even if he's high functioning there is no way..look at some of the bridge footage where they show what it actually looks and feels like when you attempt to cross..it's not cool..trust me, and BG walks that thing like freaking twinkle toes.. mOO

I meant, that he wasn't allowed to appear drunk to a session at an OP reha hospital, certainly. After his crime at the MHB. Idk.

I am thinking, where he was allowed to park. TBH, I always doubted that he parked at the abandoned CPS building. Abandoned means, few people around, but if he is not local, an unknown car sticks out as a sore thumb. If I were to park at a place where no one would notice me, I’d choose a parking lot that is large and constantly busy. In my area, Costco and a hospital with a few parking lots. Hospitals are even better because you can be from TX and have the reason to park, you know?

So I looked up and saw that OP hospital in Delphi. I also saw Sam’s club but in Lafayette, a little bit too far to walk. ))

My feeling is, he either parked nearby and did it fast, but then he had to somehow know they were going to be there, or, he did not park anywhere close to MHB at all. He is somehow trained; he walks well on that bridge. He might have walked 5 miles to the bridge, I assume. I made a list of the places where I’d leave a car if I wanted it to be overlooked. Hospitals and any type of medical centers are on top. Because it is “in plain sight”, we assume people have the reason to be there.
A cemetery is one of such places, too, but only if a car is local. An out-of-state car will be noticed.
Another place where people absolutely don’t notice cars parked nearby? Public toilets.

MOO I think a man who worked on scaffolding and towers regularly could walk on the bridge easily being half drunk.

My thoughts were that he was possibly a railway worker or track inspector. a person doing this job would walk with ease over the sleepers, his hands in hs pockets for balance and his head down as they would inspect the safety of the track. Could his blue jacket and cap be his work clothes.
In this article it says $250,000 had been allocated to turn the bridge into a pedestrian trail. Could BG be an employee (Track inspector) of either CSX the previous owner or Indiana Landmarks the new owners.

The ink was drying on an ownership change when the events of Feb. 13, 2017 happened. The bridge ownership actually transferred from CSX to Indiana Landmarks just a few days after Abby and Libby were killed.
<modsnip>

$260K renovation underway to turn Delphi's Monon High Bridge into pedestrian trail

Last edited by a moderator:
What, if the perp's alibi to be nearby the MHB area was, that he had a business meeting at the CBS building for buying the abandoned house?

But - You assume that he is under their radar then...

I just think that he totally flew under the radar, that he was never interviewed and did not have to explain anything. He is smart, maybe deviously so, but the main thing, he was simply never considered as being in Delphi/vicinity during the murders.

We assume that farmers see and notice everyone; it is true, but human brains work in a similar way, and make similar assumptions.

My example. Seeing a car with TX plates at, say, Delphi foodcort would be like, “see, even Texans want to try our food” (recognition, registration). Seeing the same car at the hospital parking lot elicits no registration (anyone can end up in the hospital, moreover, people who park nearby are preoccupied with own ailments).

As to IOP rehab, the clients might be non-locals but a local fixture, so to say. And who would remember a prior client of the place, someone who visited the place 6 months ago? Maybe he attends AA groups they run now?

Or, perhaps the dude lived close by as a child? Many people may never recognize a child in an adult, and those who can, might have died already, or are demented. Also, kids have unusually good orientation, they are smaller, closer to earth.

He might have been never noticed in the grass, playing on the creek bank one summer.

As to why he walks so surely on that bridge - really, the only thing he risks is killing himself if he falls. Maybe he doesn't care about it?

Last edited:
no way he was hammered...you avoid things like the MHB when you are drunk and even if he's high functioning there is no way..look at some of the bridge footage where they show what it actually looks and feels like when you attempt to cross..it's not cool..trust me, and BG walks that thing like freaking twinkle toes.. mOO
True, that

But - You assume that he is under their radar then...

I just think that he totally flew under the radar, that he was never interviewed and did not have to explain anything. He is smart, maybe deviously so, but the main thing, he was simply never considered as being in Delphi/vicinity during the murders.

We assume that farmers see and notice everyone; it is true, but human brains work in a similar way, and make similar assumptions.

My example. Seeing a car with TX plates at, say, Delphi foodcort would be like, “see, even Texans want to try our food” (recognition, registration). Seeing the same car at the hospital parking lot elicits no registration (anyone can end up in the hospital, moreover, people who park nearby are preoccupied with own ailments).

As to IOP rehab, the clients might be non-locals but a local fixture, so to say. And who would remember a prior client of the place, someone who visited the place 6 months ago? Maybe he attends AA groups they run now?

Or, perhaps the dude lived close by as a child? Many people may never recognize a child in an adult, and those who can, might have died already, or are demented. Also, kids have unusually good orientation, they are smaller, closer to earth.

He might have been never noticed in the grass, playing on the creek bank one summer.

As to why he walks so surely on that bridge - really, the only thing he risks is killing himself if he falls. Maybe he doesn't care about it?

Three years prior but go to April 26.
Police Calls | Carroll County Comet

Three years prior but go to April 26.
Police Calls | Carroll County Comet

If you assume that the guy was barn-surfing around the bridge, I’d like to know if there were reports about people sleeping in other places, around other potential murder spots in the area. I remember @Awsi Dooger mentioned being surprised that MHB was even chosen - he posted some other trails that were more convenient for such a crime (I have to find the name of the trail, but I am not local so it doesn’t stick in the memory). But I assume the BG was viewing several places in/around Delphi, it is just that the girls were at the wrong place in the wrong time. Had he not seen them, he might have come to the other trail on another day.

It is more interesting where he originally stayed. I just can’t imagine LE and the community fine-tooth-combing Delphi for 5 years and finding nothing. I think, he is not a local, and if he spent summers in the area (parents divorced? Summers with father?), it was not in Delphi proper, but close. My gut feeling is, he stayed in Lafayette, because it is 67 K people and Purdue, so people come and go. But Lafayette to Delphi needs a car.

Last edited:
Well, the person is very organized. Fast. Alcohol might disinhibit someone enough to attack, but not help with a swift attack. So I’d say, not drunk. Might have had laryngitis and took something for cold, I think. To be honest, I believe it is hard to navigate the bridge when sober, and he looked very secure on these planks.

I don't think he was very organised, at all, to be honest. He clearly aroused enough suspicion or we wouldn't have the video. If that had been a photo it would have been in higher res than a video, this case would be over.

He must have been aware of the phone, yet it's become misplaced during the events, he's seemily made no demand for electronics or anything else to be handed over. He had no clue what had or hadn't been picked up on that phone, he could have been in the background of a photo that wasn't targetted at him for all he knew even if he wasn't aware of the video capture. If that video was instead a pocket call to 911, he's done. (I am not assigning any blame for the record, the foresight for someone so young to video is incredible.)

I personally believe the 2 girls was completely improvised, and that he's taken advantage of the opportunity rather than specifically awaiting for multiple young females. Something that could have blown the whole thing for him and shows a lack of discipline/proper planning.

There is also then the stuff like the shoe close to the creek. I don't think he was completely in control.

JMO.

I don't think he was very organised, at all, to be honest. He clearly aroused enough suspicion or we wouldn't have the video. If that had been a photo it would have been in higher res than a video, this case would be over.

He must have been aware of the phone, yet it's become misplaced during the events, he's seemily made no demand for electronics or anything else to be handed over. He had no clue what had or hadn't been picked up on that phone, he could have been in the background of a photo that wasn't targetted at him for all he knew even if he wasn't aware of the video capture. If that video was instead a pocket call to 911, he's done. (I am not assigning any blame for the record, the foresight for someone so young to video is incredible.)

I personally believe the 2 girls was completely improvised, and that he's taken advantage of the opportunity rather than specifically awaiting for multiple young females. Something that could have blown the whole thing for him and shows a lack of discipline/proper planning.

There is also then the stuff like the shoe close to the creek. I don't think he was completely in control.

JMO.

He had a gun, I can bet on it. So if anyone called 911, he’d use it against himself, I think.

I just hope TL and all of the LE are not that inexperienced that they’d miss a local after 5 years. I assume that at least Delphi proper they have ruled out. If not, if among 3K of locals, they can’t find a double murderer, then there is nothing more to say about the case.

So I assume it is some budding SK who knows enough about the place, but either visited, or moved, and not from Delphi proper. About the girls, I have no clue, probably random, or random but hitting a certain stereotype (TB-type of SK). Maybe he really liked Kelsi but hit Libby because she came that day?
Who knows.

So today, I think that he knows the place, probably at one point he visited Delphi or the area nearby. But I suspect that if he is not a local and came to Indiana to hunt for human prey, he’d probably stop at Lafayette because there are more visitors and of all small towns around, one could probably walk in plain sight there. I wonder if local Lafayette inns were checked for the days of 2/7/17-2/21/17.

P.S. about the phone, I don’t know. There are different theories as to what happened. Personally, I think he is a guy, and thinks like one, and a girl taking a selfie looks exactly how it seems to him.

Last edited:
it's so obvious that JBC killed these girls..mOO

Lafayette and West Lafayette are essentially indistinguishable as two different towns, except for the river that divides them. I've walked from Purdue to Lafayette and only knew I'd gotten to Lafayette because of the bridge. The combined population of both towns is closer to 100K; it’s a small town compared to bigger cities, but it’s a dense, metropolitan anchor for that part of Indiana. That's often underestimated, IMO. (I'm speaking pretty generally here. I’ve had some of these thoughts for a long, long time, and since the general discussion the past 2 days has erred this way, I'm getting thoughts off my chest!)

You can DEFINITELY walk around both Lafayette and West Lafayette without arousing suspicion. No one is asking why you’re there, or noting you have an out of state plate, or asking "you lost?" in a thinly-veiled, threatening way (as a dust ball bounces along a dirt road). It’s full of people from all over the world. Purdue is a major hub of undergrad/grad/doctoral/post-doc students from all over the US and the world; domestic and international faculty; staff traveling between satellite campuses; NCAA Division I sports fans, athletes, coaches, and teams; professional conference attendees from a variety of industries; multitudes of researchers; and even people getting married and all their guests (Purdue throws a great reception; I’ve been to a couple). This means lots of visitors and travelers all year round, and lots of people who aren’t from Indiana or even the US. That’s important, because…

Delphi is only 25 minutes from Purdue. That’s nothing in Indiana. Absolutely nothing. I guarantee Delphi locals are driving in and out of Lafayette all the time, for work, for food, for shopping, etc. On the flipside of that, I doubt out of town plates or strange out of town people at restaurants, stores, or gas stations arouse major suspicion in Delphi, to be really honest. Before Hoosier Heartland was built, State Road 25 ran straight through Delphi, and it was a tiny, two-lane congested mess of travelers from all over the place until October or November 2013, when the four-lane Hoosier Heartland Highway fully opened and bypassed around Delphi. Nowadays, Delphi is essentially an unofficial rest stop or a gas station/fast food exit along a major corridor highway that really should be an interstate. As it is, Hoosier Heartland and then US 24 is the only major highway route that connects east-to-west mid-northern Indiana (basically, the Wabash River corridor). It is very, very well-traveled. That’s a big deal that, IMO, is as overlooked as how close Delphi is to a major international university.

That being said, I do think BG is a local to Lafayette, Monticello, Peru, Logansport, or another town close to Delphi along the Wabash River corridor. I don’t think he’s local to Delphi, as, yeah, the girls were spooked and quickly realized he didn’t “fit.” BG wouldn't have fit in on the trail systems in my town, either; no one dresses like that. As another example, I don’t “fit in” when visiting the small town 45 minutes down the highway from my small town; we’re not a monolith here in Indiana, we’re not all the same, and towns have subtly different cultures and even dress codes. (That being said, I'm using my lifelong non-Delphi Indiana experiences to make an educated guess about Delphi and its residents; maybe it's the most reclusive farm town there ever was and I just never picked up on it while stuck in traffic there. It can be interesting how different towns can be.)

All my opinion and speculation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members