TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

Source: Everything Lubbock - Lubbock, TX
Posted: Jul 14, 2021 / 07:01 PM CDT / Updated: Jul 14, 2021 / 07:24 PM CDT

Snipped:

Most of the DPS report was redacted, and 97 pages were missing.

Much of the information in the redacted report was publicly known. However, the DPS report said Dunn was kidnapped in Mitchell County on December 27, 2010, the same day she went missing.

Read more:

DPS releases heavily redacted report, says Hailey Dunn was kidnapped before murder | KLBK | KAMC | EverythingLubbock.com

Last edited:
Last edited:
Source: Everything Lubbock - Lubbock, TX
Posted: Jul 14, 2021 / 07:01 PM CDT / Updated: Jul 14, 2021 / 07:24 PM CDT

Snipped:

Most of the DPS report was redacted, and 97 pages were missing.

Much of the information in the redacted report was publicly known. However, the DPS report said Dunn was kidnapped in Mitchell County on December 27, 2010, the same day she went missing.

Read more:

DPS releases heavily redacted report, says Hailey Dunn was kidnapped before murder | KLBK | KAMC | EverythingLubbock.com
"heavily redacted" ===that is an understatement.

Just huge blocks of grey covering each page with a few minor footnotes exposed...:rolleyes:

5 pages (PDF) of the heavily redacted report released by the Texas DPS.

Per Everything Lubbock in the above article (please see the post above this one), 97 pages were missing when the report was released to them by DPS.

Shawn Adkins DPS Offense Report - pdf

Source: Everything Lubbock - Lubbock, TX -- July 14, 2021

https://www.everythinglubbock.com/w...s/35/2021/07/shawnAdkinsDPS_OffenseReport.pdf
Heavily redacted - understatement of the year!!

I'm confused, was Shawn charged with kidnapping Hailey?

I'm confused on this part as well. I think this information is just to cause confusion still.
Guess we wait for more information. I wish the media would ask about these details.

Blair Sabol@BlairSabolTV
NEW: Mitchell County releases the first two pages of the “warrant of arrest” for Shawn Adkins (2nd is a copy for the 1st page). As you can see, it still doesn’t tell us much. Waiting on the AG’s office to see if we can get the rest of it.

Last edited:
Old:
We're almost at the five year anniversary, and the investigation continues in the case of Colorado City teen, Hailey Dunn. An investigation, some say, has produced more questions than answers.

"Our words reveal who we are. They were revealing themselves, as we all do, in the words they choose."

From the early stages of the investigation into Hailey Dunn's disappearance, investigators announced they had a person of interest; Billie Dunn's, then boyfriend, Shawn Adkins. a person, not unknown to Hailey's father, Clint.

"We were content, with each other. I mean, we didn't speak a lot. We didn't hang out," Clint said.

Investigators say it was Adkins' conflicting statements that put the spotlight on him. To say the least, Clint was none too pleased, when he found out.

"I wanted to go over there and wring his neck and see if it was him. That's the first thing I wanted to do," he explained.

But, it was apparent from the beginning, if he was going down, Shawn had no intention of going down alone.

During an initial, voluntary, interview, investigators asked him who was responsible and who did they need to look at.

Shawn simply said, "both of us," referring to himself and Billie. When they asked to check his cell phone, to see his call and text history, investigators found 3 calls to someone named Billie. A bit later in the interview, when asked to see the phone again, investigators say Adkins deleted something.

When they got the phone, the information they had just seen, was gone. When asked what happened to it, Adkins couldn't give them an answer. Keep in mind, Shawn Adkins is, and has been, the only, named, person of interest in this case. But, this won't be the last time we hear mention of Billie Dunn.

The investigation into Hailey Dunn's disappearance made national headlines. It even caught the attention of Nancy Grace. It was an interview with Hailey's mom, Billie, that caught the attention of Peter Hyatt.

According to Peter, "While I was watching it and listening to the mother of a missing 13 year old girl speak, the first words, from the missing 13-year old's mother, told me two very important things about the case. From there, I wrote a couple of articles about the case, then went on to contact local law enforcement just to give them that information."

Peter's experience in statement analysis is extensive. He has consulted on hundreds of cold cases and investigations, across the country.

With regard to the Hailey Dunn investigation, Hyatt says, many of the answers investigators are searching for, can be found in statements that have already been made.

"The mother came on and says, "my daughter was gone to a sleepover and she never showed up at her friend's house." Nancy Grace asked a question, "How far did she have to go?" The mother said, "3 or 4 blocks." But, the mother did not stop speaking at that point. She continued and she said "she wasn't allowed to just go out, after dark. I would not allow that." That told me, this mother, is needing to project herself as a good mother. So, something is wrong."
More:
SPECIAL REPORT: Justice for Hailey: A Father Speaks Out, Part II | newswest9.com

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back