SC - Mallory Beach, 19, found deceased after boat crash, Beaufort Co, 24 Feb 2019 *Alex Murdaugh charged*

Evidently, you didn't read the last sentence of my OP.

None of the above proves PM wasn't driving, but none of us know for sure and if I was on the civil trial jury, I would have my doubts.

Nothing in your last 7 (correction 9) responses convinces me with 100% certainty that PM was driving at the time of the accident. If you are trying to force an opinion on me, you have failed.

Thanks for the effort though ...
Im not here to force you to do anything. Do what you want.

The legal records speak for themselves. Murdaugh was charged two months after the crash with three counts of felony boating under the influence. Connor Cook has not faced charges in the crash.

The legal records speak for themselves. Murdaugh was charged two months after the crash with three counts of felony boating under the influence. Connor Cook has not faced charges in the crash.

That is correct - all of us have our own opinions.

Murdaugh was charged by a grand jury - I don't have to repeat what Sol Wachtler said about grand juries. And since a grand jury only requires a majority vote to indict, we have no idea how many out of 23 actually wanted to indict.

PM never went on trial and never was deposed in the civil trial. If he was deposed or called to testify in the civil trial, PM might have said CC was driving at the time and somehow proved it.

Also, CC was driving the boat at times while "grossly intoxicated". He should have been charged with at least that and maybe more charges are coming.

The request for insurance coverage by Murdaugh’s father, Richard Alexander Murdaugh, is the second time in a year that he has asked an insurance company to cover a wrongful death claim.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article235954987.html

By AM requesting this is admitting wrongdoing. If he didn’t think PM was at the wheel he wouldn’t have ask Insurance to pay for something PM didn’t do. Jmo

That is correct - all of us have our own opinions.

Murdaugh was charged by a grand jury - I don't have to repeat what Sol Wachtler said about grand juries. And since a grand jury only requires a majority vote to indict, we have no idea how many out of 23 actually wanted to indict.

PM never went on trial and never was deposed in the civil trial. If he was deposed or called to testify in the civil trial, PM might have said CC was driving at the time and somehow proved it.

Also, CC was driving the boat at times while "grossly intoxicated". He should have been charged with at least that and maybe more charges are coming.

Wow

Evidently, you didn't read the last sentence of my OP.

None of the above proves PM wasn't driving, but none of us know for sure and if I was on the civil trial jury, I would have my doubts.

Nothing in your last 7 (correction 9) responses convinces me with 100% certainty that PM was driving at the time of the accident. If you are trying to force an opinion on me, you have failed.

Thanks for the effort though ...

The request for insurance coverage by Murdaugh’s father, Richard Alexander Murdaugh, is the second time in a year that he has asked an insurance company to cover a wrongful death claim.

By AM requesting this is admitting wrongdoing. If he didn’t think PM was at the wheel he wouldn’t have ask Insurance to pay for something PM didn’t do. Jmo
BAM!
BAM!

Just a reminder - PM was not named as a defendant in the civil suit. AM is seeking coverage because he owned the boat and allowed underage folks to drink and use the boat. BM is named as he supplied PM with an ID to buy beer/etc.

There is no way AM was getting out of the above claims and was seeking insurance coverage as he has an umbrella policy with Philadelphia Indemnity. You can read all of the documents about this case at www.pacer.gov.

Philadelphia Indemnity Insurance filed a federal suit claiming it has “no duty to defend” the Murdaugh’s and their policy provides “no coverage” to the family.

The suit also claims this was not an “accident”, but the “combined and concurred conduct” of Richard Murdaugh Senior and Junior to help Paul buy alcohol illegally.

It continues to say they “acted intentionally”, and should have to pay any judgment themselves.

Insurance company claims it’s ‘not responsible’ in Mallory Beach death lawsuit | WSAV-TV
I totally agree

I would have to think that AM knew this but I guess you can’t blame him for trying.

Jmo

You said: "By AM requesting this is admitting wrongdoing. If he didn’t think PM was at the wheel he wouldn’t have ask Insurance to pay for something PM didn’t do. Jmo"

Exactly right. I couldn't have said it better.

You said: "By AM requesting this is admitting wrongdoing. If he didn’t think PM was at the wheel he wouldn’t have ask Insurance to pay for something PM didn’t do. Jmo"

Exactly right. I couldn't have said it better.

AM owned and loaned the boat in which in an accident caused the death of MB. The only wrongdoing AM is admitting is that it was his boat. Not that PM was driving. I believe this suit also contends whether BM actually gave PM his ID to buy booze. The amended complaint in the Beach civil suit states something to the effect that one of the intoxicated minors caused the accident but does not name anyone.

I'd guess the reason that the civil suit has not settled is that the Murdaughs will not acknowledge PM was driving and are challenging the Beach team to go to trial and prove it. Most likely, the Beach camp is asking for a settlement amount commensurate with PM being guilty and AM said no way.

If I loan you my car and you get drunk, drive, and kill someone on the highway, my auto insurance comes into play. And if I don't have enough coverage, my assets would up next. I believe AM had/has an umbrella policy to cover any hunting accidents @ Moselle but Philadelphia Indemnity is disputing the marine coverage.

AM owned and loaned the boat in which in an accident caused the death of MB. The only wrongdoing AM is admitting is that it was his boat. Not that PM was driving. I believe this suit also contends whether BM actually gave PM his ID to buy booze. The amended complaint in the Beach civil suit states something to the effect that one of the intoxicated minors caused the accident but does not name anyone.

I'd guess the reason that the civil suit has not settled is that the Murdaughs will not acknowledge PM was driving and are challenging the Beach team to go to trial and prove it. Most likely, the Beach camp is asking for a settlement amount commensurate with PM being guilty and AM said no way.

If I loan you my car and you get drunk, drive, and kill someone on the highway, my auto insurance comes into play. And if I don't have enough coverage, my assets would up next. I believe AM had/has an umbrella policy to cover any hunting accidents @ Moselle but Philadelphia Indemnity is disputing the marine coverage.
Of course the reason that the civil suit has not settled is that the Murdaughs will not acknowledge PM was driving and are challenging the Beach team to go to trial and prove it, that's how they work.

Trial? I can not wait. After reading the depoes I look forward to this trial! Bam!

Of course the reason that the civil suit has not settled is that the Murdaughs will not acknowledge PM was driving and are challenging the Beach team to go to trial and prove it, that's how they work.

Trial? I can not wait. After reading the depoes I look forward to this trial! Bam!

All the remaining boat occupants would be put on the stand and be subject to withering cross-exams regarding any discrepancies in their depos/statements in the last few years. Tough spot to be in if you're one of the four.

I’m sure there are young ppl that wouldn’t want to testify to what they did that is not legal. But when it comes to throwing blame on someone for a death that they are not responsible for they will.

I testified in a dui case when I was about 20 years old, In a court room that had prisoners and regular folks. Lawyer had me explain what I was doing that distracted driver to get him pulled over. Embarrassed at that time, but saved him from dui.

I’m sure there are young ppl that wouldn’t want to testify to what they did that is not legal. But when it comes to throwing blame on someone for a death that they are not responsible for they will.

I testified in a dui case when I was about 20 years old, In a court room that had prisoners and regular folks. Lawyer had me explain what I was doing that distracted driver to get him pulled over. Embarrassed at that time, but saved him from dui.
Good for you!!

BBM
I agree.

I feel we are going to see them step up to the plate. They are no longer 19 and etc. They are a little older.

When I was young I had to do a deposition. I didn't know I could have had an attorney there. I didn't know I wouldn't be given breaks. And I didn't know how humiliating many of the questions were. Two years had passed from the depoe to the trial. This time they weren't going to humiliate me. I KNEW what we did was right and the defendant was wrong. I remembered being so determined to stand my ground. (I knew they were going to try to throw my relative under the bus.)

The defendent was found guilty and got 2 years in prison.

When this does go to trial, I see these boat passengers ready and willing to testify.

AM is certainly in a pickle as his insurance will not cover another wrongful death law suit. He has no choice really but to go to court and hope for the best. If he loses, where is he going to get the money to cover all the costs associated with this?

AM is certainly in a pickle as his insurance will not cover another wrongful death law suit. He has no choice really but to go to court and hope for the best. If he loses, where is he going to get the money to cover all the costs associated with this?

Sorry Razz - Philadelphia Indemnity said they wouldn't cover - that doesn't mean they won't have to if the court case doesn't go in their favor. Even if AM loses and a large judgment is awarded the Beach family, it will take many years before AM would have to pay anything due to appeals and there's a high probability the initial award would be reduced.

Sorry Razz - Philadelphia Indemnity said they wouldn't cover - that doesn't mean they won't have to if the court case doesn't go in their favor. Even if AM loses and a large judgment is awarded the Beach family, it will take many years before AM would have to pay anything due to appeals and there's a high probability the initial award would be reduced.
Now that's sad...
Sickening sad...

Why are you sorry?

I suspect the Beeches are more in it for justice for their daughter than they are for the money. And what all has come out about AM is none too flattering. And of course, the poor man has lost his youngest son and wife and his father. If this does go on for years, he'll have this hanging over his head until he dies. There are no winners here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back