Found Deceased CA - Lauren Cho, 30, from NJ was visiting for 2 mos, Morongo Valley, 28 Jun 2021

Why would they suspend the search?

From the way the article was written, they are classifying her as a Missing Person , but have suspended search and rescue. Apparently they made that decision on July 2nd.

Here are some quotes from The Hi Desert Star~

“At this time, there is a current investigation, there is no particular person of interest, and all avenues of leads are being looked into,” Sgt. S. Stafford from the Morongo Basin sheriff’s station said Tuesday, July 6.

The search was suspended on Friday, July 2, and there are no new leads on her whereabouts, Stafford said.

The sheriff’s helicopter and members of the search and rescue unit were actively searching until Friday, July 2

“This is being treated as a missing persons investigation and not a search and rescue anymore,” Stafford said. “The detectives in our investigation division are currently working the case.”

I have no idea what to think .

JMO AMOO MOO

JUL 6, 2021
Massive search underway for high desert woman who disappeared last week - KESQ
[...]

JF is one of the people leading the search efforts. He said Cho was upset when she vanished. "She expressed some wishes to self harm before she left, and that’s why we have the urgency trying to locate her," he said. "Looked everywhere we can from 29 to Barstow."

[...]

"We searched extensively in the field and found absolutely no tracks - she had Doc Marten boots on," he said.

He said authorities now believe Cho may have hitchhiked out of the high desert, which led the volunteer searchers to canvas the southland.

"We have gone thousands of miles," Frost said. "Tirelessly went to gas stations and pasted up fliers in the low desert, the high desert; we went out to San Diego because she said in the week before she disappeared that she just wanted to go to the beach."

[...]

JF said Cho's passwords, laptop, cell phone and car have been turned over to police. The San Bernardino Sheriff's Dept. said their investigation is ongoing.

I am so confused by what the friend, CO, has said.

Who told JF that Cho expressed self-harm thoughts? Was it Cho who told him? Or did CO tell him?

And what car was Cho trying to fix up? Does CO mean the truck that Cho was supposedly fixing up to be a food truck? And why did Cho not have the keys for this car?

Based on the little bit of background we have about Cho, I am wondering if there is some mental illness (either diagnosed or undiagnosed). MOO

I am so confused by what the friend, CO, has said.

Who told JF that Cho expressed self-harm thoughts? Was it Cho who told him? Or did CO tell him?

And what car was Cho trying to fix up? Does CO mean the truck that Cho was supposedly fixing up to be a food truck? And why did Cho not have the keys for this car?

Based on the little bit of background we have about Cho, I am wondering if there is some mental illness (either diagnosed or undiagnosed). MOO

Maybe this can help.
These are some quotes about El in the High Desert Star Article~

Cho bought an old school bus and was converting it into a food truck. “The idea was she was going to come here and open the food truck and follow her dreams,” Orell said.

>>>>>>>>>

“The dream was materializing,” Orell said.

But she was also troubled.

“El’s a super-talented person. … She’s one of those super-talented people who don’t think they are,” Orell said. “It’s tragic. That sense of self-confidence isn’t there.”

AMOO JMO MOO

Im from this general area as well. They suspend a search after a length of time because its been over 100 degrees out here. They have to start worrying about the dogs, searchers, etc. being harmed or getting into trouble themselves. Basically, no one could survive in that desert for that long without supplies. Since no body was found they seem to be hoping that she hitched a ride and will surface. But alas..that too has its dangers...
Good luck everyone.
M

Okay...
So, it looks like there may be progress .
Here are some excerpts from an article as reported by Southwest Stories~

On Saturday, July 31, 2021, at 6:00 a.m., detectives assigned to the Morongo Basin Station and Search and Rescue members executed a search warrant in the 8600 Block of Benmar Trail in Yucca Valley.

During the search warrant service seven canines searched the last known location where Cho was seen and surrounding unincorporated areas for evidence.

On July 24, 2021, Sheriff's Department fixed wing aircraft conducted aerial searches of the remote mountain terrain near the scene. Ongoing search efforts continue with future operations planned as further leads are developed in the investigation.

AMOO JMO MOO

Okay...
So, it looks like there may be progress .
Here are some excerpts from an article as reported by Southwest Stories~

On Saturday, July 31, 2021, at 6:00 a.m., detectives assigned to the Morongo Basin Station and Search and Rescue members executed a search warrant in the 8600 Block of Benmar Trail in Yucca Valley.

During the search warrant service seven canines searched the last known location where Cho was seen and surrounding unincorporated areas for evidence.

On July 24, 2021, Sheriff's Department fixed wing aircraft conducted aerial searches of the remote mountain terrain near the scene. Ongoing search efforts continue with future operations planned as further leads are developed in the investigation.

AMOO JMO MOO

Special thanks @Ravenmoon for keeping us updated. Also since you resided there it brings great perspective.

Hoping Ms. Cho wasn't harmed. Did whatever she had to do. Beautiful, talented woman.

I'm just glad they are treating this for potential crime and not just taking his word for it. I think the lack of ANY tracks or scent initially was very concerning for LE.

I doubt very much El hitchhiked out if she was suicidal or angry. I'd personally have grabbed my phone and money even if I was dead-set on suicide just because I wouldn't want anyone else to have them (especially someone I'm actively having a fight with)

AUG 2, 2021
“MISSING UPDATE: Ongoing search efforts for Lauren Cho continue with future operations planned as further leads are developed” from SBSD - Morongo Basin Sheriff's Department : Nixle
SUMMARY: On Saturday, July 31, 2021, at 6:00 a.m., detectives assigned to the Morongo Basin Station and Search and Rescue members executed a search warrant in the 8600 Block of Benmar Trail in Yucca Valley. During the search warrant service seven canines searched the last known location where Cho was seen and surrounding unincorporated areas for evidence. On July 24, 2021, Sheriff's Department fixed wing aircraft conducted aerial searches of the remote mountain terrain near the scene. Ongoing search efforts continue with future operations planned as further leads are developed in the investigation.

user36071-1627925878-media1

I just saw a Tik Tok about Lauren. I hadn’t heard of this case yet. It’s very interesting that there were no tracks from her but there were from CO and friends. There aren’t too many articles about this. Did they find anything when they searched the house?

so odd that TR (the person who's house and/or airbnb she was purportedly staying at) hasn't said anything more considering he was one of the last to see her before she went missing...

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member