Found Deceased PA - Cassandra Johnston, 26, Philadelphia, 10 July 2021

Attachments

• 1410FC4A-B476-4F7F-8B81-B2284F5544E5.jpeg
    1410FC4A-B476-4F7F-8B81-B2284F5544E5.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 108
Lower Southampton Township Police Chief Ted Krimmel said that Johnston potentially lost control of her car while traveling around a bend.

“Went airborne, up and over the guardrail. She crashed into a tree, probably about 30 feet in the air,” Krimmel said. “We believe she was ejected from the car through the sunroof. And the place where the car landed ... it was 49 yards from the roadway to where her car landed. You couldn’t see it from the street or the air.”

Investigators believe Johnston’s body moved after nearby flooding impacted the woods and creek area where she was found.
Body of missing woman found in Philadelphia, police believe she was ejected out of car’s sunroof

Do we know where specifically the car was found? Based on the press conference we know that she went over a culvert BEFORE going airborne and over the guardrail and her car landed 147 feet from the edge of the road. I've gone over the area using streetview and I can't seem to ascertain where the car landed (or where the culvert is).
This is a picture of the scene on the ramp from Woodhaven to the Blvd where she went over. My guess is that she was speeding (likely very fast), failed to negotiate the right turn, hit the white median in the center, and launched over the guardrail on the far side of the ramp. Hitting the tree "20-30 ft up" would not be 20-30 feet above the guardrail, it would be just 5 or so feet above the guardrail since the ramp is going up from ground level.
2021-08-03_9-45-35.png

Do we know where specifically the car was found? Based on the press conference we know that she went over a culvert BEFORE going airborne and over the guardrail and her car landed 147 feet from the edge of the road. I've gone over the area using streetview and I can't seem to ascertain where the car landed (or where the culvert is).

Pardon my crude drawings, but this is my understanding of where Casey's car was found. The red arrow shows where she was coming off the Woodhaven exit ramp, the green circle is where her car was found (she did cross the median). The purple lines in the second pic show where the creeks are located and where they intersect. Casey was found in the Byberry Creek; not sure what the name of the other small creek is, but it obviously runs under the roadway where the exit ramps are.

As for the culvert, google street view is from 2019, so the road, landscape, etc. could have changed since then. Hope this helps!

I am still so devastated by this news and can't stop thinking about Casey and her family.

Attachments

• Highway.png
    Highway.png
    528.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Overview.png
    Overview.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 113
Pardon my crude drawings, but this is my understanding of where Casey's car was found. The red arrow shows where she was coming off the Woodhaven exit ramp, the green circle is where her car was found (she did cross the median). The purple lines in the second pic show where the creeks are located and where they intersect. Casey was found in the Byberry Creek; not sure what the name of the other small creek is, but it obviously runs under the roadway where the exit ramps are.

As for the culvert, google street view is from 2019, so the road, landscape, etc. could have changed since then. Hope this helps!

I am still so devastated by this news and can't stop thinking about Casey and her family.
That is exactly right. Here's a wider view of Google maps.
2021-08-03_10-06-05.png

Also, if you are on tiktok I encourage you to report intuitivehealer22. This person took advantage of the family leading them to believe she was alive and is being extremely rude and insensitive after the fact of Casey being found. No family should have to go through what they have endured. Stop this women from taking advantage of other families and misleading them. She is a narcissist.

I don't have tiktok...did she take her videos about Casey down when she found out she was wrong?

I remember Kristin Huggins case vividly. That poor girl and her family. Aspiring artist. I believe the man who killed her was killed in prison by another inmate? iirc

Just from articles that came up on a search, yes he died in prison but no cause of death was mentioned. He did kill another inmate though while he was behind bars.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a picture of the scene on the ramp from Woodhaven to the Blvd where she went over. My guess is that she was speeding (likely very fast), failed to negotiate the right turn, hit the white median in the center, and launched over the guardrail on the far side of the ramp. Hitting the tree "20-30 ft up" would not be 20-30 feet above the guardrail, it would be just 5 or so feet above the guardrail since the ramp is going up from ground level.
View attachment 307195
Slight adjustment. I believe she slid into the culvert right before the white median. Exiting the culvert on the other side acted like a ramp.

Slight adjustment. I believe she slid into the culvert right before the white median. Exiting the culvert on the other side acted like a ramp.

fwiw.. the attachment pic you are referencing does not at all show where ‘Casey’ departed the roadway and launch into the air. The view that is offered in this pic (which includes raised medial strip dividers) is from the opposite direction from how she would have been traveling. Where her car departed the roadway is around the bend in this pic and is out of view. Post # 506 & 507 offer much better perspective on what occurred.

this is where I think it was also. Very sad.

Rest peacefully, Casey.
g10008.gif

fwiw.. the attachment pic you are referencing does not at all show where ‘Casey’ departed the roadway and launch into the air. The view that is offered in this pic (which includes raised medial strip dividers) is from the opposite direction from how she would have been traveling. Where her car departed the roadway is around the bend in this pic and is out of view. Post # 506 & 507 offer much better perspective on what occurred.
I was just pointing out that the police said she entered and exited a culvert, not that she hit the white median as you stated. Not referencing the image in your post, but your post itself. Everything else is on point.

I travel that exit a lot. Nothing about this makes sense and I have mutual friends with her and they feel this is way off as well.
He car was found with the front end facing the exit. If she went over the median, she wouldn't have went airborne. The trees and bushes are way to thick for that. People spin out at the damn curve weekly. I know a guy who went across the grass median coming to the exit, went over a guard rail and into the trees and got out with a busted knee cap. The trees are still broken, his bumper is still on the road you can even see it on images. They've since fixed the rail.
As far as the broken tree, we just had 3 tornadoes rip thru. Trees have been broken and uprooted they the whole area. A car dealership 4 miles away was destroyed.
The waterway under the road is small. Her sunroof, small. Her one close friend said she was very thick and would not have that easily went thru that sunroof. There wasn't even any blood or anything.

We've been having a lot of shooting and gang murders in Philly so far. The cops aren't even trying to inundate themselves with an investigation of this measure.

I travel that exit a lot. Nothing about this makes sense and I have mutual friends with her and they feel this is way off as well.
He car was found with the front end facing the exit. If she went over the median, she wouldn't have went airborne. The trees and bushes are way to thick for that. People spin out at the damn curve weekly. I know a guy who went across the grass median coming to the exit, went over a guard rail and into the trees and got out with a busted knee cap. The trees are still broken, his bumper is still on the road you can even see it on images. They've since fixed the rail.
As far as the broken tree, we just had 3 tornadoes rip thru. Trees have been broken and uprooted they the whole area. A car dealership 4 miles away was destroyed.
The waterway under the road is small. Her sunroof, small. Her one close friend said she was very thick and would not have that easily went thru that sunroof. There wasn't even any blood or anything.

We've been having a lot of shooting and gang murders in Philly so far. The cops aren't even trying to inundate themselves with an investigation of this measure.

On the sunroof: I haven’t seen anything regarding a seat belt.

What do you think happened?

I took a different route to the Tacony Palmyra Bridge this morning, and there in the grass, by the PA on-ramp was a forgotten “Bring Casey Home” sign with her smiling face shining in the sun. It made me so sad to think about the hope her friends and family had of finding her alive and how those hopes were shattered in an instant. RIP Casey, gone too soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back