Found Deceased CA - Philip Kreycik, 37, Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park, 10 Jul 2021 #2

Hi folks,

i won’t be providing more details until investigation wraps but I would say in terms of location this was within the primary search area and the descriptions thus far are vague / wrong mostly because that conference started while detectives were still arriving to the scene. So be patient.

obviously heartbroken, everyone here is.

To add:
Remote area
Game trail
Not an area for public recreational use
Body found by civilian searcher
LE states they will more provide details as the investigation continues.
Prayers for all involved.

I have gone on unfamiliar runs and been sidetracked on game trials before. I usually download the trail onto my watch with breadcrumb capabilities so if I get off course a 1/4 of a mile it beeps loudly. Saved me many times. Those game trials can look so similar to the main trail.

For those following the mapping, somebody posted this interesting image of a helicopter's flightpath this afternoon. Presumably zig-zagging over the area he was found.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 10.04.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 10.04.40 PM.png
    767.3 KB · Views: 139
Hi folks,

i won’t be providing more details until investigation wraps but I would say in terms of location this was within the primary search area and the descriptions thus far are vague / wrong mostly because that conference started while detectives were still arriving to the scene. So be patient.

obviously heartbroken, everyone here is.
I'm sorry to hear this. Very sad. I heard the news conference and was confused about him being found north of Moller Ranch. That would mean west of Blessing Dr and north near Dublin Canyon Road.

You were right though. He was in the park somewhere. The statement that 100% of the park where Philip could and would be was searched that was made by the police on Sunday was not accurate.

The community volunteer searchers did not give up. For days and weeks the community volunteer searchers kept at it. At least finding Philip will bring some sense of closure to the family. Thank you for leading the community search effort. As a Pleasanton resident, I am grateful for the time and effort you have poured into this in trying to find your friend.

I was so invested in this family and felt very connected to Philip, for many reasons. I’m very sad and can only imagine how difficult this is for his family and friends. Thank you @runspired and please accept my deepest condolences.

Also the map shows a Morgan Dr in "The Preserve" as an access point and I don't think Morgan Dr exists. Their map may not be 100% correct.
That would be blessing drive. It is an access but requires PG&E key + Park gate keys for 2 park gates.

The Blessing Dr that Chris and I were talking about is where the photo was taken that the SF Chronicle is showing on photo 2 of 5 that police have blocked off Missing runner case: Volunteer searcher finds body near trail, under tree

Here is the map https://www.ebparks.org/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=29796

Where the photo might have been taken from is the end of the mislabeled Morgan Dr which is really Blessing Dr. It is the way to access the ridge from The Preserve neighborhood. The map is hard to read and you need to zoom into it to see any details. If you get a paywall on the SF Chron article, I'm sorry. It opens for me in incognito mode.

The Chronicle provides a map in the article showing where Philip's body was found. However, they have mislabeled Dublin Canyon Road as Diablo Canyon Road. I think they meant to label the road Dublin Canyon Road.

He was not far from the Preserve subdivision and houses near Dublin Canyon Road. So sad.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle