Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #137

Status
Not open for further replies.
The event itself, while it includes a march around the courthouse and up Chauncey, will also involve guest speakers and serve as a “miniature crime con,” said Nicole Gradie, another organizer of the event.

One of the speakers, Greeno said, will be the mother of Liberty German, who was a victim of the infamous 2017 Delphi murders, a local unsolved case that has garnered coverage from nearly all true crime podcasts and shows and gained a national following.

Greeno said the Delphi case is one he is particularly passionate about because he grew up in the area.

"That case has been my focus," he said. "That's probably how people all over the world know who I am because of that case. That case is my heart right there."

Senator Ron Alting is expected to speak at the event regarding a new policy that passed this July, allowing victims of unsolved crimes or their family members to take their case to the Indiana State Police if they feel it hasn't been investigated properly. The law, Senate Enrolled Act 177, or the "Right to Request a New Investigation" took effect July 1.

Sgt. Jeremy Piers, public information officer for the Indiana State Police, said there are some nuances to the law.
Unsolved crime advocates plan march in Lafayette

Audio downloads:
Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav
Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.mp3

Video downloads:
Delphi_MotionFix.mp4
ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

The new law is interesting. The article quoted above does give more information on exactly how families of victims could request that the ISP investigate instead of the local authority (it's not just because you don't like how the local authority is handling it):

"They'd have to meet three qualifications," Piers said. "The first one would be if a local law enforcement agency has determined that a death was not the result of a criminal act by third party. The second would be if the individual is not under the care of a physician, or the victim of medical malpractice. The third is a family member of the deceased has reasonable suspicion that the death was the result of a criminal act by a third party."

Piers explained the law with this example: If a person who died was determined to have died by suicide, but a family member had reasonable suspicion that the death was actually caused by a third party, then, that family member could request the state police step in to investigate.

Abby and Libby's case, for example, has been investigated as the result of a criminal act by a third party so even though some may suspect it is cold, or mis-handled, it wouldn't meet the criteria for the ISP to completely take over jurisdiction.

The event itself, while it includes a march around the courthouse and up Chauncey, will also involve guest speakers and serve as a “miniature crime con,” said Nicole Gradie, another organizer of the event.

One of the speakers, Greeno said, will be the mother of Liberty German, who was a victim of the infamous 2017 Delphi murders, a local unsolved case that has garnered coverage from nearly all true crime podcasts and shows and gained a national following.

Greeno said the Delphi case is one he is particularly passionate about because he grew up in the area.

"That case has been my focus," he said. "That's probably how people all over the world know who I am because of that case. That case is my heart right there."

Senator Ron Alting is expected to speak at the event regarding a new policy that passed this July, allowing victims of unsolved crimes or their family members to take their case to the Indiana State Police if they feel it hasn't been investigated properly. The law, Senate Enrolled Act 177, or the "Right to Request a New Investigation" took effect July 1.

Sgt. Jeremy Piers, public information officer for the Indiana State Police, said there are some nuances to the law.
Unsolved crime advocates plan march in Lafayette

Audio downloads:
Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav
Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.mp3

Video downloads:
Delphi_MotionFix.mp4
ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

Wut?

Questions:

-was the tattoo on his arm made before 2017, or after?

- if after, did he do it hemself?

- if after 2017 and not himself, did he walk into the tattoo shop, showed the photo of Libby and said, “the same, with blood from the eyes”?

- if so, why didn’t the tattoo artist immediately call the police? In Indiana?

- or maybe, the tattoo artist had Libby in his subconscious, and hence, whoever it was supposed to be, she came out looking like Libby?

Do we know the address of the tattoo shop?

There is a recent case near me in Atlanta.
GA - Katherine Janness, 40, walking dog, both fatally stabbed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 July 2021
It makes me think about Delphi even though the circumstances and victim ages are different. APD has called it a gruesome scene. The victim and her dog were killed by stabbing. She was disfigured. Fbi joined the investigation right away.
I probably see similarities because I am passionate about both cases.
https://www.wtvm.com/2021/07/29/wsb-tv-reports-woman-dog-found-stabbed-death-piedmont-park/
WSB-TV REPORTS: Woman, dog found stabbed to death in Piedmont Park

Very much so. Also, Missy Beavers.

Questions:

-was the tattoo on his arm made before 2017, or after?

- if after, did he do it hemself?

- if after 2017 and not himself, did he walk into the tattoo shop, showed the photo of Libby and said, “the same, with blood from the eyes”?

- if so, why didn’t the tattoo artist immediately call the police? In Indiana?

- or maybe, the tattoo artist had Libby in his subconscious, and hence, whoever it was supposed to be, she came out looking like Libby?

Do we know the address of the tattoo shop?

According to the article:
“Some people argue that Chadwell had at least one of the tattoos before the slayings, saying this is a picture of him before that point. [shows picture of him, but I don’t see that tattoo]

However, his brother Ashley Chadwell told Inside Edition of the tattoo resembling Libby: “I really don’t think he had that tattoo when he got out of prison.”

Ashley Chadwell told Inside Edition, “He’s a monster, exactly. He’s an absolute evil person. Do I think that he’s capable of that kind of crime? Absolutely, absolutely. He’s shown numerous times not only to his friends, but his family as well that he has that kind of evil streak to him.”

His stepfather told the show he thought Chadwell was capable of being the killer of Abby and Libby. “Is he capable? Probably. And you know, should they let him back out on the street? Not ever. Throw away the key this time,” James’ stepfather said to Inside Edition.

Great question regarding the tattoo shop/artist. The tattoo does look eerily like Abbie, IMO.

I think JBC probably did a tracing in pencil of a photo , added the blood and took the pencil art drawing to the tattoo shop. Once it was in the form of a drawing it would be less likely to cause suspicion..because a drawing can be subjective and probably wouldn't register as omigod creepy drawing of dead girl..but more of just another edgy death tattoo.

mOO

the tatto was there before 2017.. its from a horror film..the exorcist or somthin..
ppl on SM expecting to catch killers by the very obvious...
ALSO sleuths thinking that every male that happened publicly to be there is def a POI...HOW EASY
true time garage podcast have just done that...without any evidence

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend me a poster or posters who are knowledgeable about profiling and different kinds of killers? I feel like Foxfire could’ve helped me darn it I miss him.
I specifically want to know about killers who kill with knives, are they more likely to be men or women.. that kind of thing. And if someone kills and mutilates with a knife and then performs post Mortem acts, is this person likely to be able to hold down a job or seem normal in a conversation with a stranger? How common is this type of killer?

I don't proclaim to have any expert knowledge whatsoever, but I have read into profiling and will cite sources. I do feel like there isn't enough information in the public domain to really profile properly, and I don't have much faith in it generally.

The case doesn't seem to fit any norms in a variety of ways:
  1. If you look at data for homicides, it's unusual for their to be multiple victims, it's around 10%.
  2. For female victims, nearly 50% have some relationship to the murderer and an additional 25% are linked by blood or marriage. This doesn't appear to be the case here as neither of the girls of families seemingly recognise him.
  3. Murder of people in the age group 12-14 is extremely uncommon relative to any older age group. The murder of 12-14 year old females even rarer.
  4. The majority of juvenile homicide victims aged 13 and 14 die by firearm, often by negligent discharge. Or if by family members, by suffocation or beating
  1. Expanded Homicide Data Table 4
  2. https://www.researchgate.net/public..._role_of_individual_and_event_characteristics
  3. https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/apvsvc.pdf
  4. https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/187239.pdf
If someone does buy into the FBI organised/dis-organised model (seems to have been torn apart in newer studies) then it seems quite a clear case of a mixed offender. https://www.sagepub.com/sites/default/files/upm-binaries/50423_ch_2.pdf
  • Organised: Seems like there was some level of planning, victims are strangers, weapon absent at crime scene
  • Dis-organised: Seemingly minimal conversation - no attempt to befriend etc, bodies left at death scene, bodies left in view, sloppy elements to the crime scene.
That being said, dis-organised offenders usually "blitz", in that the victims will be subject to a sudden and overwhelimg attack. Which doesn't really fit.

As for your specific questions:
  1. Men are more likely to kill using "personal" weapons (43%), women are more likely to use firearms. Although this is in the case of single victim homicides
  2. Post mortem acts tend to be attributed to "disorganised" killers, where as "organised" killers are more likely to subject the victim to abuse before death. Disorganised killers it is suggested tend to have worse interpersonal kills, aren't usually married or in a serious relationship etc
  1. SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals
  2. https://www.sagepub.com/sites/default/files/upm-binaries/50423_ch_2.pdf
Happy for someone to critique or say I am talking a load of nonsense, like I said, no expert.

Last edited:
I don't proclaim to have any expert knowledge whatsoever, but I have read into profiling and will cite sources. I do feel like there isn't enough information in the public domain to really profile properly, and I don't have much faith in it generally.

1. If you look at data for homicides, it's unusual for their to be multiple victims, it's around 10%.
  2. For female victims, nearly 50% have some relationship to the murderer and an additional 25% are linked by blood or marriage. This doesn't appear to be the case here as neither of the girls of families seemingly recognise him.
  3. Murder of people in the age group 12-14 is extremely uncommon relative to any older age group. The murder of 12-14 year old females even rarer.
  4. The majority of juvenile homicide victims aged 13 and 14 die by firearm, often by negligent discharge. Or if by family members, by suffocation or beating
  2. https://www.researchgate.net/public..._role_of_individual_and_event_characteristics
If someone does buy into the FBI organised/dis-organised model (seems to have been torn apart in newer studies) then it seems quite a clear case of a mixed offender. https://www.sagepub.com/sites/default/files/upm-binaries/50423_ch_2.pdf
  • Organised: Seems like there was some level of planning, victims are strangers, weapon absent at crime scene
  • Dis-organised: Seemingly minimal conversation - no attempt to befriend etc, bodies left at death scene, bodies left in view, sloppy elements to the crime scene.
That being said, dis-organised offenders usually "blitz", in that the victims will be subject to a sudden and overwhelimg attack. Which doesn't really fit.

1. Men are more likely to kill using "personal" weapons (43%), women are more likely to use firearms. Although this is in the case of single victim homicides
  2. Post mortem acts tend to be attributed to "disorganised" killers, where as "organised" killers are more likely to subject the victim to abuse before death. Disorganised killers it is suggested tend to have worse interpersonal kills, aren't usually married or in a serious relationship etc
Happy for someone to critique or say I am talking a load of nonsense, like I said, no expert.
Infinit, Thank you for taking the time to answer and information!
I am very greatful.

VERY interesting Statistics.
I’m going to be having a long hard think about those. Thank you @infinit for breaking them down into relevant, easy to understand points! Appreciated!

Lafayette and West Lafayette are essentially indistinguishable as two different towns, except for the river that divides them. I've walked from Purdue to Lafayette and only knew I'd gotten to Lafayette because of the bridge. The combined population of both towns is closer to 100K; it’s a small town compared to bigger cities, but it’s a dense, metropolitan anchor for that part of Indiana. That's often underestimated, IMO. (I'm speaking pretty generally here. I’ve had some of these thoughts for a long, long time, and since the general discussion the past 2 days has erred this way, I'm getting thoughts off my chest!)

You can DEFINITELY walk around both Lafayette and West Lafayette without arousing suspicion. No one is asking why you’re there, or noting you have an out of state plate, or asking "you lost?" in a thinly-veiled, threatening way (as a dust ball bounces along a dirt road). It’s full of people from all over the world. Purdue is a major hub of undergrad/grad/doctoral/post-doc students from all over the US and the world; domestic and international faculty; staff traveling between satellite campuses; NCAA Division I sports fans, athletes, coaches, and teams; professional conference attendees from a variety of industries; multitudes of researchers; and even people getting married and all their guests (Purdue throws a great reception; I’ve been to a couple). This means lots of visitors and travelers all year round, and lots of people who aren’t from Indiana or even the US. That’s important, because…

Delphi is only 25 minutes from Purdue. That’s nothing in Indiana. Absolutely nothing. I guarantee Delphi locals are driving in and out of Lafayette all the time, for work, for food, for shopping, etc. On the flipside of that, I doubt out of town plates or strange out of town people at restaurants, stores, or gas stations arouse major suspicion in Delphi, to be really honest. Before Hoosier Heartland was built, State Road 25 ran straight through Delphi, and it was a tiny, two-lane congested mess of travelers from all over the place until October or November 2013, when the four-lane Hoosier Heartland Highway fully opened and bypassed around Delphi. Nowadays, Delphi is essentially an unofficial rest stop or a gas station/fast food exit along a major corridor highway that really should be an interstate. As it is, Hoosier Heartland and then US 24 is the only major highway route that connects east-to-west mid-northern Indiana (basically, the Wabash River corridor). It is very, very well-traveled. That’s a big deal that, IMO, is as overlooked as how close Delphi is to a major international university.

That being said, I do think BG is a local to Lafayette, Monticello, Peru, Logansport, or another town close to Delphi along the Wabash River corridor. I don’t think he’s local to Delphi, as, yeah, the girls were spooked and quickly realized he didn’t “fit.” BG wouldn't have fit in on the trail systems in my town, either; no one dresses like that. As another example, I don’t “fit in” when visiting the small town 45 minutes down the highway from my small town; we’re not a monolith here in Indiana, we’re not all the same, and towns have subtly different cultures and even dress codes. (That being said, I'm using my lifelong non-Delphi Indiana experiences to make an educated guess about Delphi and its residents; maybe it's the most reclusive farm town there ever was and I just never picked up on it while stuck in traffic there. It can be interesting how different towns can be.)

All my opinion and speculation only.

Thank you very much. It is interesting, very, especially coming from the local.

About Purdue, I think there was a case when a woman was attacked by a stranger but managed to run away, shortly before the Delphi murders. I don’t know why, but it stuck in my memory, everything that sticks in my memory I want to unload here as it is bothersome. Another case that somehow concerns is Shelbey Thornburg, something about that guy…I don’t think he resembles the BG, though.

But regarding your knowledge of local places. You mentioned his attire. There are two things that are odd. First, I don’t see a young guy wearing such clothes, and if he were young and local and met by someone, he’d be ridiculed. So, not young and not quite local.

Second, the clothes look as if they belonged to someone else. Too bulky, as if borrowed.

My thought is, what if he is sort of a semi-local and organized a trip to Indiana? Again, Purdue, maybe some symposium or a lecture? But if he were gathering several days before 2/13, the weather was colder!

He could have really bought it at Goodwill, or borrowed it from someone? Older and bulkier? Several people have mentioned how sweaty he’d feel in this attire, but what if he had no other choice as he was planning a trip to Indiana, and the forecast was colder than in turned out to be?

I think he had no way of knowing that the day would be so warm, and when he realized it, he could not but anything else, could ill afford to be noticed on a camera in Walmart. I think he knew that there were no cameras close to the Delphi trails, but about the city he was staying in, he could not be so sure. This is why I think it was something like Lafayette.

A couple of comments on your points....these are not critiques per se, just clarification of some of the information.

On how Delphi fits "the norms": remember that when we look at studies that lump all types of child/youth homicide together, we are also seeing homicides due to domestic violence/neglect, homicide due to accident (say, in the negligent discharge of a weapon), and homicide due to interpersonal drug and gang violence. So comparing Delphi to statistics of ALL child homicides makes it seem quite out of the norm (and it is...homicidal violence on a missing child is, thankfully, one of the rater homicide events). But maybe what we should be asking is, is Delphi like other known cases of child abduction and murder? We find that yes, it is fully within the pattern of a "typical" child abduction and murder. We see this when we look at studies that examine just those offenders who first abduct and then kill their child/teen victims.

A note on "abduction:" I'm not claiming they were taken somewhere else and brought back to the bridge area at a later point in time. When a victim's movements are controlled and they are taken to another location - no matter how close by - against their will or by luring, that is actually considered "abduction" in the purposes of the FBI's research into these types of killers.

When we look at studies of missing child homicides specifically, we see that Abby and Libby's case is quite close to the normal scenario....white female victim, average age 11, first contact with eventual killer was out in public, was killed within the first three hours after contact with offender, was found dead within 1/4 mile of first contact site with offender. The only outlier would be the rarity of multiple victims. This description of the "average" child abduction/murder victim is from The FBI document "Investigative Management of Missing Child Homicides": https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...CB0QAg&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw3ztPu-MGHKSf0i7RpnVIVZ

The overall pattern seen within all child/youth homicides, and this is talked about in some of the studies cited in your initial post, is that younger children are more likely to be killed by family members. The reason is, children below about age 8 are usually more heavily supervised than older kids (especially outside) and so are less likely to be victimized by the type of killer who abducts. As they grow older and achieve some level of independence, they are more likely to be present outside without direct adult supervision. So as they get into the 8-13 age group, the relative chance that they are abducted and killed by a stranger increases. IMO this age is also attractive to this type of killer because victims this size are more easily overpowered, controlled and concealed than adult victims. After about age 12, teen homicides start to look very similar to adult homicide patterns. Older teens are mostly killed by romantic partners, friends that they argued with, criminal associates - just like adults are.

So, in fact, the reason that females age 12-14 are the rarest of ALL child homicide victims is because they usually still have more adult supervision than older teens and simultaneously less exposure to things like dating and participation in criminal activity that lead to violence at older teen ages. However, the age group 13-15 is actually the MOST likely age group to be victimized by a child abduction/murderer, with 28% of victims in this age range (compare to 21% age 16-17, 21% children age 10-12, 21% children age 6-9, and 9% age 0-5). (Stats again from the "Investigative Management" cited above.)

The study you cited about the use of guns as weapons is looking specifically at the patterns of weapon use in sexual homicide offenders ( SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals ). I think @K.jill's original question was, are males or females more likely to use guns? Who is likely to use a knife? Your answer is not wrong but is limited to what male and female sexual homicide offenders do, not all murderers or all child/teen murderers. So male sexual homicide offenders are more likely to kill victims by personal agency (strangling, beating), female sexual homicide offenders (of which there are very few) are more likely to use guns. This may or may not be informative per Delphi or any other case for which the motive has not been confirmed by LE. It likely will predict the cause of death in the Delphi case IMO as I believe that this, like most other child abduction/murders, was sexually motivated; but may not predict the cause of death in any other case @K.jill might have in mind.

There's another case that I follow, Danielle Stislicki who went missing in early December 2016 and has never been found. Police believe she was the victim of a crime and is deceased.

The eventual suspect in her disappearance and murder was arrested for a different crime in December 2017, attempted abduction and strangulation of a jogger in a local park. He eventually took a plea deal and is serving a hefty sentence.

He was officially charged in the Stislicki case in March 2019. Unfortunately there have been countless delays and reschedules for this trial.

I bring this up as it shows how the legal process can play out when a suspect is already safely behind bars for the foreseeable future.

In the Stislicki case, we believe LE knew quite early that the suspect was involved. They searched his home a few weeks after the disappearance, took away items from the home, and even a car. However it still took them over 2 years to charge him. I'm a bit rusty on this case however I believe it was DNA recovered from the jogger attack that was matched either with DNA from his home or a sample they made the suspect give. Either way it took him committing another crime for them to eventually charge him with both.

thanks much for this makes a lot of sense ...they have it , they work on it..it's a process and they will press conference when they decide to move forward with charges on public record.

But regarding your knowledge of local places. You mentioned his attire. There are two things that are odd. First, I don’t see a young guy wearing such clothes, and if he were young and local and met by someone, he’d be ridiculed. So, not young and not quite local.

Second, the clothes look as if they belonged to someone else. Too bulky, as if borrowed.

My thought is, what if he is sort of a semi-local and organized a trip to Indiana? Again, Purdue, maybe some symposium or a lecture? But if he were gathering several days before 2/13, the weather was colder!

He could have really bought it at Goodwill, or borrowed it from someone? Older and bulkier? Several people have mentioned how sweaty he’d feel in this attire, but what if he had no other choice as he was planning a trip to Indiana, and the forecast was colder than in turned out to be?

I think he had no way of knowing that the day would be so warm, and when he realized it, he could not but anything else, could ill afford to be noticed on a camera in Walmart. I think he knew that there were no cameras close to the Delphi trails, but about the city he was staying in, he could not be so sure. This is why I think it was something like Lafayette.

(respectfully truncated for space)

Great post! I’m glad my ramblings may be a little helpful.

The clothes depends on Delphi, IMO. Rarely anyone dresses like that in my town, especially on the trails, but I would say that some older guys (like, 75-85ish-years-old), farmers/ag people, rural construction or rural automotive workers, and high school guys who highly identify as rural country boys are more likely to wear baggy jeans and a Carhartt-like work coat when out and about. Otherwise, guys dress more along the lines of the mid-range stuff at Kohl’s. However, in the town 45 minutes away, I see A LOT more of the kind of clothes that BG seems to have been wearing. It just depends on the town economy/income and town identity, which I don’t know about Delphi.

The weather is interesting, though. A few days ago, I looked up online weather records for I believe 2/6-2/13/17, and Delphi had hit 60’s and 50’s (!!), before plunging down to the teens for one day then up to 30ish for one day, and then into the 50’s and high 40’s by the time the girls were killed. It wasn’t just that Monday that was warm; it was almost a good 7 day stretch of mostly great weather. In my part of Indiana, once it hits 50 degrees, we’re leaving the coats at home and wearing jeans/maybe shorts/sweaters/sweatshirts. You’ll probably see some people in flip-flops. Overall, what Abby was wearing in the Snapchat photo is what I’d expect for a sunny, no-wind 45 degree day in February (especially following some warmer days before that, especially the 60-degree day), compared to BG who looks downright bundled up. So, I would say the weather turned out WARMER than expected for Indiana in February, except for that one day where it was around 15 degrees (ick). I'd usually expect temperature in the 30's.

It’s just so hard to tell what he’s actually wearing. Is it a light rain coat/windbreaker, or is a Carhartt work coat? Is there a scarf? Is there a hat? Is it a flannel shirt tail or a construction nail pouch? (I'm not meaning to open up this line of discussion again, really. I know it's been speculated for years. I just can't tell, and I can't tell if he was trying to mask how he'd usually dress, or if the image quality makes BG more mysterious than he really is.)

A couple of comments on your points....these are not critiques per se, just clarification of some of the information.

On how Delphi fits "the norms": remember that when we look at studies that lump all types of child/youth homicide together, we are also seeing homicides due to domestic violence/neglect, homicide due to accident (say, in the negligent discharge of a weapon), and homicide due to interpersonal drug and gang violence. So comparing Delphi to statistics of ALL child homicides makes it seem quite out of the norm (and it is...homicidal violence on a missing child is, thankfully, one of the rater homicide events). But maybe what we should be asking is, is Delphi like other known cases of child abduction and murder? We find that yes, it is fully within the pattern of a "typical" child abduction and murder. We see this when we look at studies that examine just those offenders who first abduct and then kill their child/teen victims.

A note on "abduction:" I'm not claiming they were taken somewhere else and brought back to the bridge area at a later point in time. When a victim's movements are controlled and they are taken to another location - no matter how close by - against their will or by luring, that is actually considered "abduction" in the purposes of the FBI's research into these types of killers.

When we look at studies of missing child homicides specifically, we see that Abby and Libby's case is quite close to the normal scenario....white female victim, average age 11, first contact with eventual killer was out in public, was killed within the first three hours after contact with offender, was found dead within 1/4 mile of first contact site with offender. The only outlier would be the rarity of multiple victims. This description of the "average" child abduction/murder victim is from The FBI document "Investigative Management of Missing Child Homicides": https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...CB0QAg&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw3ztPu-MGHKSf0i7RpnVIVZ

The overall pattern seen within all child/youth homicides, and this is talked about in some of the studies cited in your initial post, is that younger children are more likely to be killed by family members. The reason is, children below about age 8 are usually more heavily supervised than older kids (especially outside) and so are less likely to be victimized by the type of killer who abducts. As they grow older and achieve some level of independence, they are more likely to be present outside without direct adult supervision. So as they get into the 8-13 age group, the relative chance that they are abducted and killed by a stranger increases. IMO this age is also attractive to this type of killer because victims this size are more easily overpowered, controlled and concealed than adult victims. After about age 12, teen homicides start to look very similar to adult homicide patterns. Older teens are mostly killed by romantic partners, friends that they argued with, criminal associates - just like adults are.

So, in fact, the reason that females age 12-14 are the rarest of ALL child homicide victims is because they usually still have more adult supervision than older teens and simultaneously less exposure to things like dating and participation in criminal activity that lead to violence at older teen ages. However, the age group 13-15 is actually the MOST likely age group to be victimized by a child abduction/murderer, with 28% of victims in this age range (compare to 21% age 16-17, 21% children age 10-12, 21% children age 6-9, and 9% age 0-5). (Stats again from the "Investigative Management" cited above.)

The study you cited about the use of guns as weapons is looking specifically at the patterns of weapon use in sexual homicide offenders ( SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals ). I think @K.jill's original question was, are males or females more likely to use guns? Who is likely to use a knife? Your answer is not wrong but is limited to what male and female sexual homicide offenders do, not all murderers or all child/teen murderers. So male sexual homicide offenders are more likely to kill victims by personal agency (strangling, beating), female sexual homicide offenders (of which there are very few) are more likely to use guns. This may or may not be informative per Delphi or any other case for which the motive has not been confirmed by LE. It likely will predict the cause of death in the Delphi case IMO as I believe that this, like most other child abduction/murders, was sexually motivated; but may not predict the cause of death in any other case @K.jill might have in mind.

Great post and thank you! I do want to follow up, but I've wrote a page already and I need a break!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong