UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy must have gone psycho and just pummeled poor little Logan. It takes some force to split a liver. The agony as he just lay there dying. I'm surprised they didn't bury him in a hidden grave. I'm wondering if they had transport. Maybe not and that was why he was dumped so close to home. MOO

I'm not sure it's straight forward I'm a mum with boys (7yrs between)they would bicker and fight a fall where you put your arms out can break the collarbone a fall from a bunk bed can fracture your skull teen s can be temperamental and little kids wake early as a mum if I woke up and heard he'll breaking out if I walked into a room too see a man beating hell out my son ii believe reactions would kick in DV or not half asleep your not thinking you just act if they've been isolating two kids one room I'm assuming was due to go back to his mum's that day leaving dad and younger sibling kids get jealous.its fishy as is a mum agreeing to her child being dumped in the river if you'd just killed your child your unlikely to row outside the house you'd kick off you would if you wanted to do the right tthinng yet are being over ruled in a bid to protect the 13 to? genuinely believe is more tocome on this story

I'm not sure it's straight forward I'm a mum with boys (7yrs between)they would bicker and fight a fall where you put your arms out can break the collarbone a fall from a bunk bed can fracture your skull teen s can be temperamental and little kids wake early as a mum if I woke up and heard he'll breaking out if I walked into a room too see a man beating hell out my son ii believe reactions would kick in DV or not half asleep your not thinking you just act if they've been isolating two kids one room I'm assuming was due to go back to his mum's that day leaving dad and younger sibling kids get jealous.its fishy as is a mum agreeing to her child being dumped in the river if you'd just killed your child your unlikely to row outside the house you'd kick off you would if you wanted to do the right tthinng yet are being over ruled in a bid to protect the 13 to? genuinely believe is more tocome on this story

‘Prosecutor Bethan Poole said: "There were three main injuries caused when Logan was alive.

"The cause of death is not an accident and was as a result of impacted pressure either by an object, a foot or a fist.’
Logan had 'multiple injuries before body dumped in river in bin bag', court told

I don’t believe his injuries were an accident, if a child is injured accidentally, you seek medical treatment, you do not put them to bed in agony with life threatening injuries.

While I think it’s always hard, as parents to comprehend that someone can hurt, or allow their child to be hurt, unfortunately it happens. In the beginning I believed it was possibly a cover up for the 13 year old, it appears the police can prove otherwise.

Following on from SpursGyal's post and link to the Sun report, here's a short extract from yesterday's Times report (paywall) which really makes it impossible to keep hoping for a less horrible story:

'A five-year-old boy found dead in a river had suffered “extreme pain” in an attack that caused a torn liver, a broken collarbone and trauma to the back of his skull, a court has been told…

Bethan Poole, for the prosecution, told the magistrates a pathologist had determined that Logan died of injuries that were “not accidental” and had been inflicted in the last 24 hours of his life. “The injuries were caused by impact pressure by a foot, object or fist,” Poole said. “It has not broken the skin but his liver has been torn, which could be the result of one or more assault.”

She said that an injury to the back of Logan’s head had separated his scalp from his skull “with great force”. She added: “He would have been in extreme pain and distress and wouldn’t have survived for long and it would be clear that he was in extreme pain.”

The court was told that Williamson had called police on Saturday morning to say that her son was missing and “another person had taken him”. Poole said: “His body was found by police in the nearby river.”'

Now I’m all for speculation and theories. However, I also feel that when the police have secured charges there is a substantial amount of evidence that’s got them there.

This wasn’t an accident, this was a sustained and brutal attack, by JC. The level of damage would be much easier to achieve for JC.

Apart of me is wondering is if Logan was attacked from behind, or if he was attacked against a wall.

I agree about the evidence, maybe bruising to hands or knuckles of JC, which could be explained as DIY perhaps but not backed up with any evidence of said DIY, also door cam footage if it was working. The reports all say internal injuries no blood so I guess there is little to go on, maybe skin flakes or hair from a shoe or boot?

Why on Earth did AW think that abduction would have been a better story than Logan walked out on his own and got hurt. I guess to try and explain away the injuries, but honestly, abductions from home are few and far between.

I agree about the evidence, maybe bruising to hands or knuckles of JC, which could be explained as DIY perhaps but not backed up with any evidence of said DIY, also door cam footage if it was working. The reports all say internal injuries no blood so I guess there is little to go on, maybe skin flakes or hair from a shoe or boot?

That’s all possible, although in my experience it takes awhile for forensics to be completed.
We don’t know what, if any, information has been given at interview. They might have all given no comment answers, or they might not.
There may also have been a lot of information/statements given by neighbours, we don’t know what they’ve seen or heard.

I wonder if they had something in their system (drugs?) when they staged the cover up and also when they caused the horrific injuries to poor Logan. They certainly don’t appear to be the sharpest tools do they. RIP Logan.

Last edited:
Also that bag of kindling. Was that to weigh his body down with? MOO
I imagine they tried to start a fire and gave up. Perhaps to destroy evidence of something, or to burn him.

I don't think police would collect a random bag of kindling left over from a bbq as was suggested, I think it's likely it is connected to the case.

His little ripped t-shirt chucked away too, must have been associated evidence they didn't want found in the house.

Another case where it appears that the mother has been under-charged, IMO.

According to one of the Daily Mail articles linked upthread, the neighbours told the police that the family were in the habit of flytipping rubbish in the river. So perhaps they thought it would look as though they'd just dumped some rubbish :( and that they could then move the bags later, or he would decompose quietly (without being found by the police they would obviously have to call as part of the abduction/runaway cover story). They don't strike me as that bright tbh.

JMO
So this family routinely threw their rubbish in the river? WTH? Is that even a thing people do these days?

I cannot believe how brutally this poor child was attacked. This is so heartbreaking. :(

Last edited:
His little ripped t-shirt chucked away too, must have been associated evidence they didn't want found in the house.

Another case where it appears that the mother has been under-charged, IMO.
The mother has just been charged with perverting the course of justice, she'll probably get about 5 years and be out in 2 years or so, seems so wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk