SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was very strange. Isn’t that interfering with the crime scene??
As long as they didn't bring the mourners in by the kennels, I guess I can see coming back to Moselle after the burials. Perhaps the family was afraid of visitors viewing Moselle in a negative light and bringing people back to the house afterwards was a way to convince people that it's still a great place. ??!

Just checking in.
I can't believe that this high profile case hasn't been solved yet.
These two victims deserve justice.
Who/where is the murderer??

We know we always have to ask ourselves who benefits.

I hope this doesn’t get moved to the MB forum, bc I do think some overlap is necessary when we want to discuss motive.

It was repeated often in the early days after the murders that the criminal case against PM would obviously be dropped but the civil case would continue.
I always felt that wording was slightly off, and should have been that the civil case “could” continue. We have no idea how a parent who lost her own child will choose to proceed now that the Murdaugh family has experienced this horrible tragedy, losing two family members including a child themselves and in such a violent way. I would never dare try to put myself in the shoes of MB’s mother.

If you’re a defendant, how do you stop a civil trial that failed mediation?

There are 3 defendants in the civil trial. Two of them are immediate family of the murder victims. I can not fathom that either AM or BM committed this crime against their loved ones.

I’m not an attorney. And I’d like to know, if someone wanted to, if they could drop an ongoing civil suit that is headed for trial against 2/3 of the named defendants, leaving only one. (Especially when the one was in the process of trying to get others, like PM, added- apparently) Or would a decision not to proceed in the civil case against AM and BM, due to the family’s circumstances, end the civil case entirely for all defendants?

Who benefits from the death of PM and MM?

ALL MY OPINION ONLY

Their options would be limited to convincing a judge to dismiss the suit as completely unfounded.

In my general knowledge, this is difficult to do. Accordingly, personal injury attorneys constantly use this as leverage in forcing settlements.
I’m not an attorney. And I’d like to know, if someone wanted to, if they could drop an ongoing civil suit that is headed for trial against 2/3 of the named defendants, leaving only one.

Or would a decision not to proceed in the civil case against AM and BM, due to the family’s circumstances, end the civil case entirely for all defendants?

I am not an attorney either. That aside, plaintiffs are completely free to drop the suit against an individual named in a lawsuit for any reason while retaining the suit against others.

In the end, each defendant's case is completely separate from other cases- even if they defendants are closely associated with each other.

Last edited:

In this case, the number of motives allows "benefit" can be broadly defined to include both tangible financial and less tangible personal benefits such as fulfilled revenge.

As a result, there could be a long list of potential benefactors. Some maybe more likely than others:

- Potential heirs of the estate
- Possible small time drug dealers attempting to collect the usual 1K drug debt
- Drugged and aggressive local low lives seeking to rob "the big house". The robbery then goes south.

- Former targets of the family's lawsuit machine.
- Former employees of the family

- People seeking revenge for the boating accident death
- People believing that SS was murdered and seeking revenge
- Attorneys associated with the law firm upset about case sharing or profit splitting.

In this case, the number of motives allows "benefit" can be broadly defined to include both tangible financial and less tangible personal benefits such as fulfilled revenge.

As a result, there could be a long list of potential benefactors. Some maybe more likely than others:

- Potential heirs of the estate
- Possible small time drug dealers attempting to collect the usual 1K drug debt
- Drugged and aggressive local low lives seeking to rob "the big house". The robbery then goes south.

- Former targets of the family's lawsuit machine.
- Former employees of the family

- People seeking revenge for the boating accident death
- People believing that SS was murdered and seeking revenge
- Attorneys associated with the law firm upset about case sharing or profit splitting.
Excellent Cryptic!!

I 'd like to make another addition, however. (This is going to sound harsh).

What about the heirs of the family name and the family business? Maybe on his death bed, the patriarch told a family member to eliminate the weak links of the family. Namely PM and MM.

Thinking as maybe as an elder magdaugh might think: (this is my opinion only and my flair for the dramatic)....this boy is never going to amount to anything. He's only brought pain and misery to the family. He shouldn't be in the gene pool. He's never going to carry on the proud tradition we've spent hundreds of years building.....

JMO

Thinking as maybe as an elder magdaugh might think: (this is my opinion only and my flair for the dramatic)....this boy is never going to amount to anything. He's only brought pain and misery to the family. He shouldn't be in the gene pool. He's never going to carry on the proud tradition we've spent hundreds of years building.....
Though I would classify this possibility as unlikely, a portion of the God Father series featured such a scenario.

A scion of a Mafia clan went rouge and descended into drug use. Needless and unsanctioned (key words) violence then followed.

When the violence was extended to "nice girls from good families", pay offs became harder and community tolerance of the group was put in jeopardy. So, a painful decision was made by senior members to well.... "secure the future"- in a decisive manner.

Of course, the God Father was fiction. The core scenario, however, could be plausible if distantly so.

Rather than "Going Godfather", I think the clan would have made PM "disappear" by relocating him to say New Orleans and setting him up as the quasi manager of a strip club. Visits back home would then be rare.

Though I would classify this possibility as unlikely, a portion of the God Father series featured such a scenario.

A scion of a Mafia clan went rouge and descended into drug use. Needless and unsanctioned (key words) violence then followed.

When the violence was extended to "nice girls from good families", pay offs became harder and community tolerance of the group was put in jeopardy. So, a painful decision was made by senior members to well.... "secure the future"- in a decisive manner.

Of course, the God Father was fiction. The core scenario, however, could be plausible if distantly so.
Yes. Are you speaking of Fredo?

Even though my post was a bit dramatic, truth is always stranger than fiction. :rolleyes::)

We know we always have to ask ourselves who benefits.

I hope this doesn’t get moved to the MB forum, bc I do think some overlap is necessary when we want to discuss motive.

It was repeated often in the early days after the murders that the criminal case against PM would obviously be dropped but the civil case would continue.
I always felt that wording was slightly off, and should have been that the civil case “could” continue. We have no idea how a parent who lost her own child will choose to proceed now that the Murdaugh family has experienced this horrible tragedy, losing two family members including a child themselves and in such a violent way. I would never dare try to put myself in the shoes of MB’s mother.

There are 3 defendants in the civil trial. Two of them are immediate family of the murder victims. I can not fathom that either AM or BM committed this crime against their loved ones.

I’m not an attorney. And I’d like to know, if someone wanted to, if they could drop an ongoing civil suit that is headed for trial against 2/3 of the named defendants, leaving only one. (Especially when the one was in the process of trying to get others, like PM, added- apparently) Or would a decision not to proceed in the civil case against AM and BM, due to the family’s circumstances, end the civil case entirely for all defendants?

ALL MY OPINION ONLY

Thank you Watts, when I read your post to a friend of mine (Telephone) where we are we are in another Lockdown and she strongly agreed with your post. If she hears of a case we chat about it and she ask what are the Websleuthers discussing, opinions etc she struggles to read the threads due to eye problems. Today due your post my friend gave a IMOO of the situation, she asked me to give you her thoughts to the thread if is okay(If it been discussed, sorry ,hope I express this right dealing with Lockdown with lockdown and home schooling the family. This is my friend, I agreed with some of it and some I did not.
But this is her opinion .
PM and MM murder was for money and it was personal. Civil Court case could be still going ahead. With PM and MM deaths their wealth/inheritance have now gone to husband and remaining son who are named in the Civil Court Case therefore more settlement can be claimed. The person/persons feel guilty about the boat accident, so wish to have M Beach's Family more money in the settlement.
Personal, Yes in our Opinion, as they wish to AM and the rest of the M family to go down it is a personal vendetta, there has been a lot of fanning the flames of resentment since the boat accident. AM may have questionable dealings true or not but only since the accident it has been doing the rounds the gossip circle. Creating in the expression "Smoke and Mirrors."
Anger has focused on PM again no one is sure he was driving the boat, all teenagers had been underage drinking, that has been swept aside focused on PM. Due to fog, recent boat video etc even in court would be highly crossed examine. She/I believe it was not the wheel but the sudden increase of speed made the accident. PM may been at the wheel but who knocked or moved the throttle? There was a group of teenager around the wheel arguing.
The gossip of PM "Special Court Treatment" which caused resentment, if the under age drinkers had been charged, their parents, would had done exact thing with their lawyers.
This is my friend's opinion. She also thinks a detail which has not been made public and what cause the interest into the Death of Stephen Smith. She believe an item belonging to Smith was found at crime scene, sadly it is a cruel game of Red Herring.
My recent thoughts and opinons. Their Deaths and Murders was personal, if AM had been there that night he would had die too.
Since recent reports and details which been given of PM and MM murders they were injured by shots to their bodies(Torture maybe?) or to make them suffer.
A message to the Murdaugh Family regarding M Beach?
Medical science says it takes a few minutes for the body senses to shut down.
PM and MM last few minutes, of their lives in the dark would been full of pain and terror.
On the final killings shot, Paul and his Mother went face down into the mud and water.

I would like to know more about the dynamics within the immediate family.

Reading PM's obit and listening to the eulogy, IMO there was a concerted, dare I say calculated effort to depict him as the sweetest, most fun loving guy one could ever meet.

Talking about MM's pronunciation of the word "picture", was that a "Bless her heart" moment?

Both promptly cremated and a large number of people invited to the property that contains the crime scene shortly thereafter, things that make you go hmmm IMO.

I would like to know more about the dynamics within the immediate family.

Reading PM's obit and listening to the eulogy, IMO there was a concerted, dare I say calculated effort to depict him as the sweetest, most fun loving guy one could ever meet.

Talking about MM's pronunciation of the word "picture", was that a "Bless her heart" moment?

Both promptly cremated and a large number of people invited to the property that contains the crime scene shortly thereafter, things that make you go hmmm IMO.

No one outside of local circles and family know how PM behaved when he wasn't drinking. IMO, PM was a binge drinker, ready to roll when there was a party and had no "off" switch. There are 1000s of PM clones around the country, young folks who drink to excess and do stupid things. Go to any college and you will find them. I have known a few in my time with that same invincible feeling that they could do no wrong and some with influential parents like PM. They seemed to get into trouble when they had too much booze. Most of them outgrew the binge drinking phase and are responsible adults today.

Yes. Are you speaking of Fredo?
I might be. I cant remember the name of the character.

I just remember the various scenes including the family "advisor" visiting a severely beaten girl in the hospital and noting that she was an innocent (last straw). Then, the tearful Godfather giving permission for the uhmm....."removal".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member