UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d imagine it’s only as good as the day it’s produced/signed off.

also, I’d assume unless he had been previously charged/arrested, it wouldn’t have shown up

Depending on the company, dbs are updated every year. Or if there is an arrest/charge then the information is passed across.

It could just be that he’s not been caught or reported for anything before now.

Jeez, I know there are some pretty narrow minded people out there (don't mean you) but to consciously reject a child based on what his Father has allegedly done is callous IMO.
But you're right if people have that mind set, and have no compassion or empathy for the child, then it's best he is moved from the area.
Such a trail of destruction left behind.
JMO

When you think about the problems in store for children who know/discover what an imprisoned parent has done (I'm thinking, for instance of the issues for Wayne Couzens' children), it might be considered best for the baby to be placed completely outside the family orbit anyway, given his young age - new family, new name, new location.

What would best practice be? Does anyone know?

JMO

Knowing several people who have grown up in foster care or been adopted, it has its own set of trauma. It was me that raised the point about the grandparents and it being too much, I was more speaking of their emotional capacity to meet the baby’s needs in light of all the circumstances, not that they’d reject him or anything like that. Family can’t always put aside their own emotions for the sake of the child.

I think I misinterpreted the posts.
I was thinking more about the local community when I answered and the possible rejection of the child through association - which sadly does happen.
I didn't mean to refer to the GParents - sorry for the muddle.

DBS don’t just work with police forces - they work with other Responsible Organisations too, as I understand it.

I would imagine that Social Workers would be part of this group, particularly in DV situations.

I would hope that if Social Services were involved, or if DV was known of in the household that his employment as a carer would have been affected without delay.

the fact that his work as a carer doesn’t appear to have been affected, suggests that SS were not involved, or if they were, it was not for concerns about him at the time.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I wonder if AW chose not to get help for his injuries because she knew that it could result in the youngest one (and Logan) being taken away from her. It’s unbearable to think that she chose to do nothing at all to help Logan, she should have protected him and kept him safe. I wonder if the injuries were inflicted on him in his bedroom and if JC (and possibly the 13yr old if he also played a part in it) played it down to her or if she was there and saw it or even played a part in the physical injuries as well. It’s so sad. I can’t imagine how much pain he was in - lying there on his bed in sheer agony in desperate need of help and no one helping him. No child deserves to be treated like this, let alone a 5yr old. To think she has gone along with the cover up, dumping his poor injured body in the river then staging the act is the lowest of the low. Not fit to be a mother.

When you think about the problems in store for children who know/discover what an imprisoned parent has done (I'm thinking, for instance of the issues for Wayne Couzens' children), it might be considered best for the baby to be placed completely outside the family orbit anyway, given his young age - new family, new name, new location.

What would best practice be? Does anyone know?

JMO

So what you are describing is a essentially like a closed adoption. There’s nothing that would prevent the baby from finding out in the future.

edit to add: closed adoptions are discouraged. Social workers put a lot of importance into life story work to help a child with their sense of identity.

i was wondering this as well, in AW's fb cover photo uploaded in January, his head is shaved, he looks thinner than previous pictures and he's standing kind of oddly?
I noticed he is standing oddly too. His face looks quite uncomfortable too. Bit like a deer in headlights. Makes you wonder what life he has been living

I noticed the way Logan was standing in the fb cover photo. I think he was trying to kneel like the other boy but was perhaps a bit confused? The other boy has his hand on him.

The hair is troubling. It was so lovely and curly and it doesn't look neat cut. I wonder if it was done to make him look like the other boys more. I wonder if race plays a part in his treatment too.

Urgh l just noticed there is a bar with weights on it in the background. That bullying *advertiser censored*. I hope he gets the same in prison.

Appearing at Newport Crown Court on Friday Logan's stepfather Cole, of Maesglas, Ynysawdre, Bridgend, spoke only to confirm his name and date of birth.

Williamson, Logan's mother, was not present in court but appeared via video link from HMP Eastwood Park. The defendant, of Lower Llansantffraid, Sarn, Bridgend, also spoke only to confirm her age and date of birth.

The youth defendant also appeared in person at Newport Crown Court with the assistance of a support worker.

A provisional trial date of January 31, 2022, was given with a time estimate of four weeks.

Judge Michael Fitton QC remanded Cole and Williamson in custody to appear for a plea and trial preparation hearing on November 12. The youth was remanded in the care of the local authority.

Trial date set for three people charged in connection with boy's death

My gut instinct is the 13 year old is very heavily involved. I've not seen any of the social media posts where people are speculating is there anyone who can point me in the direction of these ? X

If you Search JC ( full real name ) and Sarn , then click posts a ton of news articles come up. Lots of comments, but there are interesting ones among them!

Hope I'm allowed to post that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member