Anthony Bourdain, 61, Tv Chef And Travel Host, Found Dead, Suicide

Read the article - somewhat interesting. In my opinion, it could all be summed up by the fact he was once an addict. Once an addict, it changes you and influences the rest of your life.
I think you have to also add that AB was a man of his generation (a son of "the greatest generation"). I was raised with these same brothers and their lives (in their own minds) are complicated. But it's their reality.

Myself, being a child of the greatest generation, there is a lot I "could" say in answer. However, I "will" say it's probably a blessing Tony passed when he did. I don't believe he would have fared well in this "politically correct/cancel" culture.

Looking Back on Anthony Bourdain and Asia Argento’s Roller-Coaster Romance

July 16, 2021

Lede_.jpg

'Roadrunner' looks at Anthony Bourdain's 'manic' final days

Days before Bourdain’s death, Argento was photographed with French reporter Hugo Clément. In the doc, Steed recalls checking on Bourdain after the photos hit the papers, and the star mumbling “a little f–king discretion” in reference to Argento being so public with her infidelity.

“My take is that the thing that Tony was having the hardest time with was humiliation,” Neville has said. “He has taken himself so far out on the limb to be made to feel like a chump so publicly. That was the thing — not heartbreak. Humiliation.”

I finally saw the doc and I have to agree with the author - after the public indiscretion by his girlfriend, AB, who was already in a dark place, couldn't handle the humiliation. MOO

'Roadrunner' looks at Anthony Bourdain's 'manic' final days

Days before Bourdain’s death, Argento was photographed with French reporter Hugo Clément. In the doc, Steed recalls checking on Bourdain after the photos hit the papers, and the star mumbling “a little f–king discretion” in reference to Argento being so public with her infidelity.

“My take is that the thing that Tony was having the hardest time with was humiliation,” Neville has said. “He has taken himself so far out on the limb to be made to feel like a chump so publicly. That was the thing — not heartbreak. Humiliation.”

I finally saw the doc and I have to agree with the author - after the public indiscretion by his girlfriend, AB, who was already in a dark place, couldn't handle the humiliation. MOO

Anthony stood up for AA against Weinstein. He lifted up her career. Then she used him and hurt him. She didn’t deserve his love, but I suppose we have to respect the fact that he did love her. But I will never understand why she had so much power over him, to drive him to take his own life. She wasn’t worth it.

Anthony stood up for AA against Weinstein. He lifted up her career. Then she used him and hurt him. She didn’t deserve his love, but I suppose we have to respect the fact that he did love her. But I will never understand why she had so much power over him, to drive him to take his own life. She wasn’t worth it.
I think it was more an infatuation with AA than love. I think those close to him tried to warn him and they were cut off. In the end, I think he was devastated knowing he'd hurt others because of AA. Nobody likes playing the fool. He was humiliated. He checked out.

MOO

I lost a dear friend in March. Seeing Roadrunner made me realize that those with bipolar/manic depression follow the same pattern. AA was the last straw - my friend had married six weeks prior to shooting himself. It appeared he had a great life - he was handsome, kind, successful and had a horde of people who loved him, a career to be envied, children. But the demons remained.

I lost a dear friend in March. Seeing Roadrunner made me realize that those with bipolar/manic depression follow the same pattern. AA was the last straw - my friend had married six weeks prior to shooting himself. It appeared he had a great life - he was handsome, kind, successful and had a horde of people who loved him, a career to be envied, children. But the demons remained.

I am so sorry. Depression sucks. It can’t be reasoned with or bargained with. My heart hangs heavy for those that weren’t able to hang on for another day.

Anthony Bourdain's daughter Ariane reflects on their sweet relationship | Daily Mail Online

9/28/21

Anthony Bourdain's 14-year-old daughter Ariane has opened up about her touching relationship with her late father in a new biography, recalling how they would watch Ratatouille together and make the French stewed vegetable dish just like the characters in the animated film.

Ariane and her mother, Bourdain's second wife Ottavia Busia-Bourdain, were among several of the chef's family and friends who were interviewed by his longtime assistant Laurie Woolever for her book Bourdain: The Definitive Oral Biography.

[..]

However in June 2018, the world was left reeling after Bourdain took his own life - a tragedy that is explored in the new biography, for which Woolever spoke to several of his closest friends and family, including some who weighed in on his 'obsessive' love affair with Italian actress and director Asia Argento, and the impact it had on the chef during the final years of his life.

In an excerpt from the book published by Vanity Fair, Busia-Bourdain said Bourdain could be 'impulsive,' but she noted he was also 'very levelheaded' when it came to making decisions that would affect her or Ariane's well-being.

Just had a chance to read the Woolever book and HIGHLY recommend it—it’s composed only of interviews with AB’s friends, colleagues, and family, and the picture they paint of the late great “Tony” is at the same time unsentimental and tender. Their perspectives on his later years, the whirlwind, doomed relationship with AA, his high profile as a celebrity, and his growing sense of burnout/ennui after years of creating nonstop “infotainment” in the form of his TV shows, speaking tours, and books/essays are illuminating and, IMO, really put his last act into a context where one can understand why he thought that was his only option. If you’re looking for a Christmas gift for an AB admirer, or you score a bookstore gift card this holiday season and want an engaging and enlightening read, it’s really outstanding.

When a fellow user suggested an abhorrent reality show concept that involved ex-addict celebrities given drugs to relapse on, Bourdain took offence. The chef, who notoriously battled a drug habit in his younger days, slammed the user for being insensitive, in his own unique way.

“You are a terrible human being,” he wrote. “You richly deserve to lose sphincter control and seep slowly, steadily and fragrantly into your My Little Pony undies for the rest of your life.”

https://manofmany.com/lifestyle/anthony-bourdain-reddit-account

A new, unauthorized biography reveals intimate, often raw, details of the TV star’s life and death. And it’s drawing criticism from many of his friends and family.

Cheatin' woman make you crazy... cheatin' woman make you a fool

"Cheatin' Woman" Lynyrd Skynyrd

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46