UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was lying awake last night with this mulling through my mind ....

I am not defending AW here, which I know we tend to do as stereotyping mother/abuse victim without knowing the facts. However, it is possible the family were isolating due to covid (this can be proven as can witness reports of them in Blackpool as to how LW was) and JC snapped. He seems a fairly fit man, strong, and may have been under the influence of something. AW might’ve been working out what she was going to do and in shock, or also under the influence of something. Yes, I myself have no idea why this didn’t involve 999, but maybe she wasn’t aware of what actually happened. However we don’t know what JC told her and in a state of shock and fear she might’ve gone along with the “plan”.

I guess we will find out more in due course but I suspect in MOO that JC was an angry man. From AWs Facebook she does seem to have cared for the children - but we know social media isn’t always a true reflection.

I am not defending AW here, which I know we tend to do as stereotyping mother/abuse victim without knowing the facts. However, it is possible the family were isolating due to covid (this can be proven as can witness reports of them in Blackpool as to how LW was) and JC snapped. He seems a fairly fit man, strong, and may have been under the influence of something. AW might’ve been working out what she was going to do and in shock, or also under the influence of something. Yes, I myself have no idea why this didn’t involve 999, but maybe she wasn’t aware of what actually happened. However we don’t know what JC told her and in a state of shock and fear she might’ve gone along with the “plan”.

I guess we will find out more in due course but I suspect in MOO that JC was an angry man. From AWs Facebook she does seem to have cared for the children - but we know social media isn’t always a true reflection.

I personally do not think this was a one off event. I think poor Logan had been suffering abuse for sometime.
However shocked or fearful she might have been ; there is no excusing the fact she let Logan die in extreme pain and then left his body in the river.

Quite possibly, as I said earlier, I am a survivor of domestic violence, thankfully I escaped and relocated, however, I did wonder if he has gaslighted her, maybe convinced her that she was useless and the police would never believe her, she'd lose the younger child. Having said that, I still find it difficult to understand how she did the obviously planned shouting about the door being opened.
So sad for poor Logan, in earlier pictures, he looked happy and well cared for. I suspect JC was jealous of Logan because Logan was everything that JC wasn't- handsome, clever, much loved in the local community and well mannered

I wonder if she was aware how badly injured he was. I think it depends on what happened, when it happened, where in the flat it happened, and whether she actually was a witness to the attack.

As of yet, the charges she faces do not suggest she was involved in cruelty - that is not to say they won’t come later I guess.

Does anyone know if someone was knocked unconscious following an attack, how they might exhibit signs of internal distress or pain?

Could it be that if LW was attacked once he had been put to bed, and the head injury rendered him unconscious, with death occurring from his internal injuries in unconsciousness, that it might be possible that she could have been unaware that he was so severely harmed.

I am wondering these things because neighbours have reported a row happening, the shouting in the morning ‘where is Logan’ etc. So they could definitely hear what was going on next door/ downstairs. A child in extreme distress and pain would have surely been screaming out if they were able to.

JMO

Having said that, I still find it difficult to understand how she did the obviously planned shouting about the door being opened.

SBM

When this was reported originally, it sounded as though the shouting about the back door was part of a staged scenario (like, omg, help, I've just found the door was open and he's gone).

I've since read the neighbours quoted as saying that they overheard the bit about the door when she was on the phone to the police reporting Logan's disappearance (i.e. in answer to the question, what makes you think he's not in the house somewhere).

So I think it's possible that may all have been less performative than we originally imagined. Hard to know for sure until it all comes out at trial.

JMO

I wonder if she was aware how badly injured he was. I think it depends on what happened, when it happened, where in the flat it happened, and whether she actually was a witness to the attack.

As of yet, the charges she faces do not suggest she was involved in cruelty - that is not to say they won’t come later I guess.

Does anyone know if someone was knocked unconscious following an attack, how they might exhibit signs of internal distress or pain?

Could it be that if LW was attacked once he had been put to bed, and the head injury rendered him unconscious, with death occurring from his internal injuries in unconsciousness, that it might be possible that she could have been unaware that he was so severely harmed.

I am wondering these things because neighbours have reported a row happening, the shouting in the morning ‘where is Logan’ etc. So they could definitely hear what was going on next door/ downstairs. A child in extreme distress and pain would have surely been screaming out if they were able to.

JMO

Agree.

Also, I'd forgotten about the 'row'.

"Neighbours said they were woken by screams from outside the family's home on a terraced row of flats. One said: 'I could hear the mum screaming for her son. She was shouting 'the back door was open' and calling for him.'

Pictured: Funny and polite' five-year-old boy found dead in river | Daily Mail Online

Another neighbor..........
She said: “I heard a row going off outside the house and what I thought was strange was I could hear a child’s voice.

“A bit later I could hear the mother screaming outside the house. She was on the phone to police.

”All of this kicked off at around 5.30 in the morning and I couldn’t get back to sleep.”

Mystery man seen near river in which Logan Williamson, 5, found dead 1hr later

“I heard someone living around here saw a man by the river at around 4.45am on Saturday. It’s a mystery. What would you be doing by the river at that time of the morning?

EDT to add the Prosecutors words in Court.

"The court heard Logan was allegedly attacked at his home in Bridgend, South Wales, and was left in 'extreme pain and distress.'
Prosecutor Bethan Poole told the court how his mother found him dead in the early hours of last Saturday morning and a plot was hatched to 'cover up' the crime.
Ms Poole said: 'Angharad Williamson was shouting: 'He's dead, he's dead. They decided not to call the police and get rid of the body.'
The court heard Logan's body was taken to the river in a plastic bin bag and his ripped t-shirt was also disposed of. The court heard the family often used the river for fly-tipping.
Magistrates were told screams of 'Where is Logan' heard by neighbours were a decoy to make people think the little boy had gone missing.
Ms Poole said Williamson rang police to say Logan was missing and another person had taken him as a 'cover up story.'

But two figures were seen on CCTV leaving and returning to the property in the middle of the night, the court was told."

Last edited:
SBM

When this was reported originally, it sounded as though the shouting about the back door was part of a staged scenario (like, omg, help, I've just found the door was open and he's gone).

I've since read the neighbours quoted as saying that they overheard the bit about the door when she was on the phone to the police reporting Logan's disappearance (i.e. in answer to the question, what makes you think he's not in the house somewhere).

So I think it's possible that may all have been less performative than we originally imagined. Hard to know for sure until it all comes out at trial.

JMO

I wonder who gave the statement where AW allegedly said 'he's dead'.
Do you think that would have come from AW/JC/The boy? Or do prosecutors rely on other witness statements at those hearings?

I've read a few posts, mostly on social media where people are saying that AW seemed to have cared for Logan by photos they'd seen posted by her. I beg to differ. He was 5 years old and there'd already been three different men (that we know of) in his life. The biological dad that we know nothing about, her husband who lasted less than a year then JC. That to me points to a woman who puts her child way down the pecking order. MOO but that makes it easier for me to believe she tried to save her own skin above the needs of her son.

Last edited:

JMO
This is from recent Kaylee Jayde Priest case -

There is no direct evidence of what happened next.

“Kaylee was sick more than once during the night as a result of the severe beating.

“You both knew you had seriously injured Kaylee.”

Solihull mother and partner jailed over death of three-year-old

I followed the Kaylee - Jayde trial. It was a horrendous case. As far I heard from the reporting, Kaylee wasn’t unconscious when she was vomiting.
I was wondering about a hypothetical scenario where, if a child was attacked after they had been put to bed, and the final blows caused them to lose consciousness, would they still exhibit signs of pain and distress - sufficient to alert mum - who may have been asleep in another room.

JMO

Yes, I'm reluctant to pass any judgement without knowing more about the circumstances.
I've read a few posts, mostly on social media where people are saying that AW seemed to have cared for Logan by photos they'd seen posted by her. I beg to differ. He was 5 years old and there'd already been three different men (that we know of) in his life. The biological dad that we know nothing about, her husband who lasted less than a year then JC. That to me points to a woman who puts her child way down the pecking order. MOO but that makes it easier for me to believe she tried to save her own skin above the needs of her son.
I wouldn't make that assumption.

I don't think much can be gleaned from her FB account. JC bought a load of teddies. The house looked pretty untidy. There were weights in a place were LW could have pulled them on himself. They didn't appear to have a lot of supportive comments from friends and family. There was a video that AW posted but didn't really comment on further, possibly because she was only posted it for the benefit of her friends who seemed to actually value LW. Nothing to show me she was a good parent really.

BUT lets not tarnish single parents here ... there are plenty of GOOD single Mums who have different relationships and still manage to put their children first. I'm a single parent, have been since I was pregnant with my son [not my choice, we'd broken up before I found out I was pregnant and he'd moved on!]. I've had a few relationships but only introduced a couple to my son and never lived together. We don't know the ins and outs. People have different personal views on relationships, and we don't know the circumstances of the break ups. I retrained as a teacher when my son was 3 so to ensure I had school holidays home with him.
It's easy to judge or pass comment; but I do believe AW could still have been a good Mum despite several relationships.
Obviously not by PTCJ and what happened to LW ....

I don't think much can be gleaned from her FB account. JC bought a load of teddies. The house looked pretty untidy. There were weights in a place were LW could have pulled them on himself. They didn't appear to have a lot of supportive comments from friends and family. There was a video that AW posted but didn't really comment on further, possibly because she was only posted it for the benefit of her friends who seemed to actually value LW. Nothing to show me she was a good parent really.
Again it depends how people use facebook. I deleted facebook totally a few months ago and haven't looked back. Some people want you to see every meal they eat and present a perfect life which may be anything but.
A messy house doesn't mean a neglected or abused child.
I don't think her FB shows anything alarming, she posted photos of the children and might not have used is as avidly as some ...

I don't personally think there's any way possible that Logan could be attacked so severely his mother didn't know about it. Whether it was pre or post bedtime. Whether he was knocked unconscious or not. The flat isn't huge.

Again it depends how people use facebook. I deleted facebook totally a few months ago and haven't looked back. Some people want you to see every meal they eat and present a perfect life which may be anything but.
A messy house doesn't mean a neglected or abused child.
I don't think her FB shows anything alarming, she posted photos of the children and might not have used is as avidly as some ...

I agree it doesn't show anything alarming but reviewing it in context of subsequent events- what we are seeing are the trappings of what they think parenting is.

I don't personally think there's any way possible that Logan could be attacked so severely his mother didn't know about it. Whether it was pre or post bedtime. Whether he was knocked unconscious or not. The flat isn't huge.
I wonder what happened with the ripped t-shirt that the police recovered? I wonder if JC ripped it off Logans back? Whatever happened there was a high level of violence

Logan would have been screaming in agony. I expect they charged her with PTCOJ because for whatever reason they cannot charge her with causing or allowing the death of a child, just yet, but surely this charge will be coming.

My only thought with the PTCOJ charge is that AW can prove she wasn’t present at the time of death, or at least had an ‘alibi’. If they are saying it was up to 24 hours before, could she say she came home and he told her he was sleeping? She checked on him in the night and found the truth.
Although it doesn’t totally add up with the isolation period, if this is actually true.
As mentioned previously, surely more charges are coming?

Logan would have been screaming in agony. I expect they charged her with PTCOJ because for whatever reason they cannot charge her with causing or allowing the death of a child, just yet, but surely this charge will be coming.
The only way I see AW avoiding additional charges here is if she cooperates and agrees to gives evidence against JC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288