UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't tarnishing single parents, there are some selfless excellent ones. But to split with the biological father, introduce Logan to someone new, marry then split with him in less than a year, then introduce Logan to JC, move in with him then have a baby, all in the space of Logans five short years is some going. Hardly someone putting their child's needs first is it. MOO that introducing multiple partners in such a short time is not exactly giving your child a stable, happy home. That's the point I was making.
I'll say again, I don't think it's fair to make assumptions. I'm not saying she's a good person, but we shouldn't judge on so little knowledge of the background.

We know nothing about her relationship with Logan's father, if any. It could have been a one night stand for all we know.
She met someone and married him, it didn't work out, we don't know why.
Then she met JC whom she was intending to marry.

Some people are lucky enough to find their soulmate early in life, but not everyone is so fortunate. I would never blame anyone for trying to find happiness.

That's an interesting question, and I hadn't thought of what would normally happen in circumstances like this.

I imagine it would be deemed too much of a security risk for AW to attend, perhaps? The strength of feeling in the community and of the other family members would surely make her attendance untenable? Then again, if she's facing the 'lesser' charge of PTCOJ as opposed to the murder charge, can the police legally restrict her from attending, even if she's currently remanded in custody?

Yes they can to my understanding. She's in custody, there is no reason for which they are obliged to allow her to attend any event. Even for medical treatment it's at discretion. She'd have to apply for Compassionate temporary release or something similar. It's highly unlikely to be successful for the victim of the crime she's in custody related to IMO, or at least I hope so...

Last edited:
I'll say again, I don't think it's fair to make assumptions. I'm not saying she's a good person, but we shouldn't judge on so little knowledge of the background.

We know nothing about her relationship with Logan's father, if any. It could have been a one night stand for all we know.

Some people are lucky enough to find their soulmate early in life, but not everyone is so fortunate. I would never blame anyone for trying to find happiness.
But not at the expense of the child. You're obligated to put the child's interest first and not looking for a new "daddy".

Yes, in some ways she could have had low esteem and been vulnerable, this could have made her an easy target for a violent controlling man.

But not at the expense of the child. You're obligated to put the child's interest first and not looking for a new "daddy".
That doesn't mean a single mother has to live like a nun.
Yes, in some ways she could have had low esteem and been vulnerable, this could have made her an easy target for a violent controlling man.
Yes, indeed. Failed relationships can make a person very needy too,

I'm sorry to hear about your DV. I was the child in a DV relationship although the genders were flipped, abuse was also targeted at me. I’m here, 2 suicide attempts later, with a whole host of mental health problems because of it. My dad completely enabled it, covered for her, fobbed professionals off. I hold him as accountable as my mother. He might not have thrown the punches but you’re a sorry excuse of a parent if you don’t protect your child from that.

Let’s not kid ourselves, regardless of any violence towards her, she wasn’t cuffed to him 24/7. She was an adult; she had a child to protect and she failed in that duty.

Any sob story can wait until her mitigation in court.

JMO.

There will be reasons, of course, why AW completely failed as a mother and ultimately her bad decisions led to the death of her child, which she tried to cover up to save her own skin. But whatever those reasons are, they don't excuse anything. She completely failed Logan and she is responsible for that. She doesn't deserve any sympathy.
Edited to add MOO

This has got me thinking.. A few of us have discussed earlier in this thread how in the most recent photos of Logan (on AW's social media) he had had his hair cut very short, almost shaved. A few said this was possibly a 'lockdown' haircut from when barbershops and hairdressers were closed, this is entirely plausible. If the injuries to his scalp were caused by him being dragged or swung by his hair, then his hair must have grown back to such an extent for this to be possible. I'm thinking it would have had to be at least a couple of inches long to be able to grab Is it likely it could've grown that quickly since the last image of him with his head almost shaved? (Forgive my ignorance, I don't have children so not sure if their hair grows super fast at that age).

MOO

You'd also think, as they had only just returned from a holiday in Blackpool, there would be holiday pics. Though she didn't seem like a very frequent poster, so maybe not

I agree with what you think may possibly of happened here.

Many years ago I knew a young woman who had an injury that involved her scalp being detached from her skull, it happened during a fight between her and another girl when they had hold of each others hair.

I hate to say it or even think about this happening to poor little Logan but I have been wondering if the 3 main injuries mentioned in MSM so far were made in one violent action of him being swung by his hair into something solid like a wall, door, table etc....

MOO

Can it repair itself? I've never heard of such an injury and it sounds vile

I'm sorry to hear about your DV. I was the child in a DV relationship although the genders were flipped, abuse was also targeted at me. I’m here, 2 suicide attempts later, with a whole host of mental health problems because of it. My dad completely enabled it, covered for her, fobbed professionals off. I hold him as accountable as my mother. He might not have thrown the punches but you’re a sorry excuse of a parent if you don’t protect your child from that.

Let’s not kid ourselves, regardless of any violence towards her, she wasn’t cuffed to him 24/7. She was an adult; she had a child to protect and she failed in that duty.

Any sob story can wait until her mitigation in court.

JMO.

Also, every time someone brings up that perhaps she was afraid of JC, I think about that TikTok video where she waxes his chest while he is apparently sleeping. I wouldn't have dared do that to my partner, even though I wasn't scared of him. It's not a definitive mitigation, but it's in my mind a contrary to that line of thought.

There will be reasons, of course, why AW completely failed as a mother and ultimately her bad decisions led to the death of her child, which she tried to cover up to save her own skin. But whatever those reasons are, they don't excuse anything. She completely failed Logan and she is responsible for that. She doesn't deserve any sympathy.
Edited to add MOO
If he didn't actually live there, then the controlling may have been slow and insidious, maybe she didn't realise how bad things were and how violent JC was and the week together on holiday followed by the 10 day isolation period may have brought things to a head and things may have escalated quickly.

And I understand where you are coming from. But once you have a young child, you cannot keep introducing 'father figures' into their lives that come and go so quickly. He had 3 in his short 5 years of life.

I don't know how long her relationship with Logan['s father was, but he does count as a father figure that he would have some attachment to. Then she married someone, so he got attached and detached, for the 2nd time. And then finally, she started a family with JC.

I think something was off with this relationship---obviously, considering the brutal outcome. I just wish the 5 yr old had been more of a priority, instead of so quickly trying to go for another father for her son, in such quick succession. JMO

…….
Also, every time someone brings up that perhaps she was afraid of JC, I think about that TikTok video where she waxes his chest while he is apparently sleeping. I wouldn't have dared do that to my partner, even though I wasn't scared of him. It's not a definitive mitigation, but it's in my mind a contrary to that line of thought.

how do I find that video @LucyRocket ?

I wonder if she was aware how badly injured he was. I think it depends on what happened, when it happened, where in the flat it happened, and whether she actually was a witness to the attack.

As of yet, the charges she faces do not suggest she was involved in cruelty - that is not to say they won’t come later I guess.

Does anyone know if someone was knocked unconscious following an attack, how they might exhibit signs of internal distress or pain?

Could it be that if LW was attacked once he had been put to bed, and the head injury rendered him unconscious, with death occurring from his internal injuries in unconsciousness, that it might be possible that she could have been unaware that he was so severely harmed.

I am wondering these things because neighbours have reported a row happening, the shouting in the morning ‘where is Logan’ etc. So they could definitely hear what was going on next door/ downstairs. A child in extreme distress and pain would have surely been screaming out if they were able to.

JMO

Sadly I don't think they have used "extreme pain" lightly. It seems he's died from the liver injury which would likely be from hypovolemic shock from blood loss as he bled internally and he'd have slowly deteriorated as his organs failed. If you were in hospital and there was nothing else they could do, they'd atleast give you the courtesy of some morphine or to induce you into a coma.

Something that can potentially be fixed with rapid treatment..

shock-chart.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly I don't think they have used "extreme pain" lightly. It seems he's died from the liver injury which would likely be from hypovolemic shock from blood loss as he bled internally and he'd have slowly deteriorated as his organs failed. If you were in hospital and there was nothing else they could do, they'd atleast give you the courtesy of some morphine or to induce you into a coma.

shock-chart.jpg

:( I try and hope that he was unconscious in an instant because I can't bear to think of a 5 year old, innocent, child with no understanding of why, dying in this way. I hope they've only described him being in extreme pain to illustrate their prosecution case, and that I'm right :(:(:(:(:(

Last edited:
Would she not have been facing the charge of causing or allowing the death of a child if she was aware of his injuries, or that he was in extreme pain, and did not seek help?

Would she not have been facing the charge of causing or allowing the death of a child if she was aware of his injuries, or that he was in extreme pain, and did not seek help?

I'm surprised she hasn't been charged with this offence, and being as she hasn't, the only reason I can think is that BOTH 1. There were no previous documented concerns and 2. It has not yet been possible to prove that she likely knew of the abuse/assault

All 3 were originally arrested for murder. They'll have been charged with that they can be based on the evidence they have. That head injury would be a bloody mess. To do what they've done, there is also a clean up that will likely have had to take place.

I just struggle to see a situation where JC has woken up the 13 year old child who isn't biologically his and they've gone along with this body disposal of their brother with no input from the mother. What 13 year old is going to remain calm with the back of their dead baby brothers head detached from the skull?

JMO.

All 3 were originally arrested for murder. They'll have been charged with that they can be based on the evidence they have. That head injury would be a bloody mess. To do what they've done, there is also a clean up that will likely have had to take place.

I just struggle to see a situation where JC has woken up the 13 year old child who isn't biologically his and they've gone along with this body disposal of their brother with no input from the mother. What 13 year old is going to remain calm with the back of their dead baby brothers head detached from the skull?

JMO.

I believe that must be why she is facing the PTCOJ charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong