Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #67 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad that the prosecution dealt with the affair right out of the gate. As we get farther away from it, it will sting less. She was unhappy. It would have been a hard decision to blow up a marriage, especially when you know that your children may desert you. She may have wrestled with the decision making process for a very long time.

This is a little OT but do all new cars have that technology that can tell when you are opening and closing doors? That's creepy IMO

dont cars have a “black box” so to speak? I’m curious also because my car alerts me when my doors or trunk are open.. perhaps cars with that capability and a “black box” type thing tracks it all?

This might sound terrible and I don’t condone cheating... but I do hope that JL was a source of comfort to SM being that we know she had issues at home and with her health. We all know things were likely agonizing in that marriage...but to measure how bad it was, it ended in murder. One that seems to have been planned and wasn’t sloppy... Idk. Just saying I hope she had times of not being so alone..
MOO sounds like BM basically divorced Suzanne in place, hanging on for her money. If you are working too much and your spouse tells you that, signing up for the volunteer firefighters is a different kind of affair, a slap in the face and neglect.

After hearing that there have been major issues in their marriage for a year and a half and with Suzanne being isolated, I can see her desperation for some kind of positive attention. It doesn't surprise me at all. I honestly see it as a stepping stone to her getting out of a toxic marriage. I think that she wanted to get her money to be able to start over. Barry had other ideas. Parasites hold fast to their hosts.

JMO.
ITA, that coupled with her cancer coming back, I'm sure JL was someone whom she felt she could talk to since they've known each other since High School.

No matter how the Defense wants to place blame or shed a bad light on Suzanne for the 'affair', it does not diminish Barry's culpability in her murder, period. I think any rational juror would understand that.

That or do you think she was going to come clean to him about having an affair? And maybe that triggered him to hurt Suzanne. Because I remember Melinda texting her back something about; I don't know how to respond to this text message. I will pray for you. IMO, I think Suzanne told Melinda she had an affair.

#1 witness, the deputy said SM had not told anyone about the affair.

Is there any particular reason why there are hearings today and tomorrow and then not again 2 weeks later?

These four dates were chosen more than a month ago. It's not uncommon to give both sets of attorneys time to digest what the other side has said/done. As you keep hearing, the defense is going to ask for a slice of that upcoming time to ask more questions of certain witnesses.

Now that each side can see where the other is going, those piles of evidence will be ordered a bit differently and perhaps the two sides can agree on admitting certain pieces of evidence (like the spy pen). Then, the more evidence can go through this process. If another 2 days are needed for preliminary, they may get squeezed in during December, if in fact November is completely booked (Judges often keep Fridays open for this sort of thing - so we'll see).

I have a 2020 Lexus and it has an app that alerts to open doors, unlocked doors, remotely starts the car, and location where parked, etc. I am sure that there is technology that can read everything the car does and has been doing. It's very "big brother" while being super convenient.

Last edited:
I am glad that the prosecution dealt with the affair right out of the gate. As we get farther away from it, it will sting less. She was unhappy. It would have been a hard decision to blow up a marriage, especially when you know that your children may desert you. She may have wrestled with the decision making process for a very long time.

Especially if BM had already started turning the girls against her. She may have worried that they wouldn't want anything to do with her. Jmo

According to tweet-reporting, in Suzanne and J's two-year affair, they only met up 6 times, twice in Indiana. That's not often. It must have been difficult for them to maintain a long-distance relationship.
If they were having 5 hour phone convos, it was more of a mental/emotional connection, most likely.

They both were married, with children, so they couldn't have many physical meet ups, logistically. I don't think she cared about that so much. I think she was looking for an emotionally deep connection.

He DID take all that equipment to that job and left when he got the phone call about her missing.
The problem was that the tools left behind weren't the proper tools for the job, according to employees. He had
reportedly been there for over nine hours but there was no sign that anything had been done at the jobsite.

If he left Salida around 5:00 am and didn't head back until 5:30 pm, what had he been doing all day? That has never made sense from the beginning and he's never explained it.

I had a remote starter installed when I bought a car a few months ago and that app also tells me when doors/trunk are open, cars location, tells me every single time I’ve started / stopped the car (including instant notifications to my phone).. along with keeping track of every trip I take & my drive times, etc.

I think an app like this would be very interesting to investigators had their suspect’s car not had up to date technology on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine