Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #67 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Barry opened the door on the passenger side of the truck to load Suzanne into the cab?
Then went to driver side and opened the door.
I don't think we can assume that Suzanne walked to the truck of her own free will.

Possibly - although I think the FBI can tell whether the doors were opened simultaneously. Sure, if you think that BM would take the chance of strapping his dead wife into the passenger's seat of a vehicle and risk the body moving in very unlife-like ways during a road trip, that could have happened.

Which would mean she was killed at home in between her last convo with JL and about 5 minutes before that door opened on the passenger side.

At any rate, it's the next time that door opens that's interesting (because apparently, LE doesn't believe that next time can be certainly a living Suzanne.

So, as bizarre as it sounds, you could be right. I have to say that if that happened, I'm shocked - but if Barry really did stop at the sandwich shop next, in Poncha, with Suzanne propped up in the truck, oh my!

(But at this point...I can't really be shocked).

I'm going to reserve judgement on Suzanne's lover for now.

A lot of snap judgments going around. We don't know the details. Yet.

He's not on trial, he's not a suspect, we know nothing about him publicly.

MOO

Indeed. We are probably doing exactly what the defense will want the jury to do: use this affair and JL's behavior to keep the focus off of Barry.

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV
Suzanne would also delete messages on What's Up App as well during their relationship.

Special Agents flew to Michigan to interview Libler. He hadn't come forward before investigators found the spy pen. He claimed his phone had been destroyed shortly after Suzanne went missing. He deleted all of the secret accounts after she went missing on What's Up App.
I’ve been trying to reserve judgement on JL, but really? Phone destroyed right after her disappearance? Give me a break.

Or Barry could've checked HIS EGO at the door and they could've divorced in 2018, like many people did. She has her inheritance, he has his business, they divvy up, AND EVERYBODY STAYS ALIVE.

But we heard it from CM's visit to Barry's hometown: nobody leaves Barry.

And here we are.

So much pain, so much loss.

And all for what?

Love. Revenge. Money.

Control.

JMO
How did Chris know “nobody leaves Barry”? That’s not something I saw and I did watch the entire video (I think).

I'm going to reserve judgement on Suzanne's lover for now.

A lot of snap judgments going around. We don't know the details. Yet.

He's not on trial, he's not a suspect, we know nothing about him publicly.

MOO

Agree. We know only what we have heard today. Maybe this relationship was the stepping stone for a life of greater independence and peace to come, with or without JL. These were two adults who went into this presumably with their eyes open.

Not sure name-calling at this point (or ever) is really justified. No doubt though where the D team will take this. Even if the SODDI theories won't fly they will be able to plant those scarlet letters right smack in the middle of the big, wide path that points straight to loving-unto-death Barry.

Today's revelations are not all unexpected. But they are already every bit as sad as I feared they might be.

We are going to have the word "secret" hammered home to us thousands of times between now and the end of trial, I expect. Honest, hardworking BM vs the web of destructive secrets, etc., etc.

Last edited:
Suzanne would also delete messages on What's Up App as well during their relationship.

Special Agents flew to Michigan to interview Libler. He hadn't come forward before investigators found the spy pen. He claimed his phone had been destroyed shortly after Suzanne went missing. He deleted all of the secret accounts after she went missing on What's Up App.
JL got rid of his phone and deleted all traces of his communication with SM? That's going to be golden for BM's defense to plant the TOD defense (the other dude did it and you never checked him out).

The defense is seemingly going to run out the clock today. Not the worst strategy in the world, but it means the prosecution really only got to lay the groundwork today.

It’s an important and necessary step, but I was hoping to get to some of the evidence.

Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 6m
Leibler told investigators he wanted to delete his account so it wouldn't hinder #SuzanneMorphew legacy because she was having an affair. Also says he did it to protect himself.
@KKTV11News #BarryMorphew

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]7m
SA Harris notes the two had a tendency to delete their messages on WhatsApp after they were done talking. He did say Jeff deleted his LinkedIn account after #SuzanneMorphew went missing.

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]9m
Eytan says #SuzanneMorphew was creating secret accounts and says the secret spy pen lead to her secret affair. She says investigators called Jeff in Nov 2020. She says Jeff never came forward about Suzanne, claims his phone was destroyed that had conversations with her

JL got rid of his phone and deleted all traces of his communication with SM? That's going to be golden for BM's defense to plant the TOD defense (the other dude did it and you never checked him out).

I think we all could’ve guessed the defense would use the soddi defense. The mountain lion idea wasn’t going to hold up in front of jurors. But hearing this info literally gives them such ammo to. Even though I’m sure JL was cleared seeing as BM ended up arrested and charged.

I don’t care what SM did (or didn’t) do... having her be the focus instead of BM’s actions is gross. And heartbreaking for her family, surely. I know the defense has a job to do, but I don’t have to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288