GUILTY UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I discovered this forum shortly after ScW & SaW were arrested. I had seen the missing information on social media & the whole thing really didnt add up for me right from the start. So I was happy to discover this site & read other peoples opinions of what may have become of poor BW. Its terrible that she was treated so horrifically by the very people who should have protected her.

I am interested to know if it usually takes so long between the jury giving their verdict & the judge deciding the sentence? The judge mentioned that she needed some reports & as much information as possible on SaW before deciding her sentence, which I know might take some time, but is it possible that the judge is also giving SaW some time in limbo to think about things in the hope that she may spill the beans? or is 6 weeks a normal time scale between verdict & sentencing?

This is my first post, so fingers crossed that I haven't broken any rules

Hi, I discovered this forum shortly after ScW & SaW were arrested. I had seen the missing information on social media & the whole thing really didnt add up for me right from the start. So I was happy to discover this site & read other peoples opinions of what may have become of poor BW. Its terrible that she was treated so horrifically by the very people who should have protected her.

I am interested to know if it usually takes so long between the jury giving their verdict & the judge deciding the sentence? The judge mentioned that she needed some reports & as much information as possible on SaW before deciding her sentence, which I know might take some time, but is it possible that the judge is also giving SaW some time in limbo to think about things in the hope that she may spill the beans? or is 6 weeks a normal time scale between verdict & sentencing?

Welcome
I'm not sure what the normal timescale is but it's likely the 6 weeks is to prepare pre-sentancing reports for both individuals. Its helps the judge in his final sentancing.
pre-sentence report gives information personal or historical as to why you committed the offence, how you feel about it now, and what your background, family and work circumstances are. Using this information, the court will decide the most appropriate sentence to give you.

That is a good question, and not one I know the answer to. I also thought it was quite long especially if you compare it to the recent horrific case of Kaylee-jayde, who’s abusers were sentenced I believe the day after the verdicts. Does anyone else know if this is a common occurrence surrounding sentencing in the UK ?

Sentencing may be carried out on the day of the trial or it may be adjourned to get reports, or it may be deferred (put back to a future date) to see how the defendant behaves. If it is deferred, the defendant will have to come back to court at a later date to receive their sentence

It's certainly I would think to make sw and scw sweat !! They're found guilty so in theory they have 6 weeks to mull over the fact of what they've done and perhaps give vital information in the meantime in the hope of sentance reduction perhaps

Hi, thanks for explaining your thoughts, so much to think about. The bit i don't follow is, If the trip to Cowbit was to lay a false trail, then why were the phones off?

My parents live in Glinton, so I know the area/distances/timings involved very well and you're right the timings work well if they spent 5 or 6 minutes in the layby near my house. If SAW helped lift her out the boot and SCW rolled her deep into the bushes - maybe wrapped in groundsheets he had retrieved from the lock up at Monatgue Rd, this would stack up with steps taken, if SAW was stood in the layby on look out, SCW phone left in the car. I can confidently say they would be very unlucky to be seen at that location at that time by anyone, very rare for even a car to be going past at that time. I'm not sure how often the bins are emptied there, I would say the phone has been left with Bee, as this ties in with (or they think it does) with their story, all their fake messages pretending to be her. Also you state driving east, which ties in too maybe driving around in the loop to drive by and see if anything was visible driving by again and SAW panicking that they may have left visible evidence..

As mentioned above the avoidance of cameras is a bit of a mystery but turning down the road to Deeping St James would avoid cameras, - this turning is very close to the layby.

Again, just MOO.

I hope your excellent report to the police is checked out at speed @Agent Startled

I just wanted to say (without giving personal details away so forgive me for being cagey), that ScW was an exceptionally talented photographer. I saw his work, saw his sketchbooks.
He was meticulous and creative. He took pride in his work. I can't help but feel that there will be meaning and some sort of theoretical construct to the burial site.
This is not to say that I value him... I abhor him, but I know that he applies integrity and creativity to his "work".
Ughghh I am shuddering to myself.
I should also mention that just after their arrest, we had a meeting with detectives and I told them my opinion on this.
Once again web sleuths, you are amazing.
Thank you.

It wasn't her ex-bf that lived out that way, it was a friend C. SaW asked the ex-bf if Bee was still with him, he messaged back saying Bee was never with him, then SaW started messaging C before they drove out in the early morning hours of Monday.

The phones went like this -

12:42am - Sarah's and Scott's phones connected to Crowland Water Tower.
12:43am - Sarah's phone disconnected
12:44am - Scott's phone disconnected
12:54am - Bee's phone connected to the network in Cowbit area
messages were sent from Bee's phone
1:29am - Bee's phone disconnected for the last time ever (10 mins after car was seen at Applegreen services)
1:32am - Sarah's phone tracks 33 steps over 5 minutes
1:49am - car captured on cameras at Glinton

3:03am - Sarah's phone switched back on. 4 mins later it pinged at Century Sq.
4:08am - Scott's phone switched back on at Century Sq.

Thanks for this. The bit in bold above is when I propose the body was disposed,

I copied below from the MSM reports

The car was seen at the Apple Green Service Station on the A1175 at 1.17am, leaving at 1.19am, with messages still being sent from Bernadette’s phone.

Bernadette’s phone was disconnected from the network at 1.29am.

At 1.32am, Sarah Walker’s phone tracked 33 steps being made over a five minute period.

The phone was eventually switched back on at 3.30am, and at 3.08am they were back at their home in Century Square.

Ms Wilding said: “There is no credible explanation for these two defendants leaving their house in the middle of the night, travelling to a remote area of Cambridgeshire close to Peterborough, to a place where it would have been really easy to dispose of the body.

“Then sending yet more fake messages from her phone.
“Clearly, we say, this was a wide opportunity for the disposal of her body.

MOO The 33 steps were SW helping carry her body and ScW rolled her into the Shrubbery. Just because the phones were not switched on until 3 does not mean thats when they got home, or is there something I've missed? I;m guessing they had some talking to do and other kids to deal with maybe, also it throws everyone off the scent as to where they were.

edited to add a question in case i missed something ALL MOO

I hope your excellent report to the police is checked out at speed @Agent Startled

I just wanted to say (without giving personal details away so forgive me for being cagey), that ScW was an exceptionally talented photographer. I saw his work, saw his sketchbooks.
He was meticulous and creative. He took pride in his work. I can't help but feel that there will be meaning and some sort of theoretical construct to the burial site.
This is not to say that I value him... I abhor him, but I know that he applies integrity and creativity to his "work".
I should also mention that just after their arrest, we had a meeting with detectives and I told them my opinion on this.
Thank you.

Hi, you must be local too, Hi :)

Unfortunately I've heard nothing from the police as yet and they haven't searched the 2 areas I've given them, We have just driven from Mcdonalds this evening and we timed exactly 13 mins to see where we ended up....it wasn't very artistic at all, it was the cauliflower shop, where they stack all the pallets at the back! Massive open fields backing onto Crowland..the other place we hit was indi stone.

I'm now trying to find out where he lived when he lived in DSN and where he worked, along with your photography tip, the view accross the fields to Crowland Abbey is pretty striking, so could be a link

The only other theory i have is he took the scenic/camera less route through DSJames through Peakirk to end up at Mcdonalds, this would take him 13 mins from the layby i'm worried about.

All MOO

Hi, you must be local too, Hi :)

Unfortunately I've heard nothing from the police as yet and they haven't searched the 2 areas I've given them, We have just driven from Mcdonalds this evening and we timed exactly 13 mins to see where we ended up....it wasn't very artistic at all, it was the cauliflower shop, where they stack all the pallets at the back! Massive open fields backing onto Crowland..the other place we hit was indi stone.

I'm now trying to find out where he lived when he lived in DSN and where he worked, along with your photography tip, the view accross the fields to Crowland Abbey is pretty striking, so could be a link

The only other theory i have is he took the scenic/camera less route through DSJames through Peakirk to end up at Mcdonalds, this would take him 13 mins from the layby i'm worried about.

All MOO

Previous post
Residence Date: 2004-2005. Address: 8, Harrow Road, Deeping St. Nicholas, PE11 3ES

The Cauliflower shop and pallets can be seen as artistic, just as the style of grunge, decay, Street, homeless, anguish, contrast. Those were his styles and not so much conventional artistry.
So you yes, you could still be right!
I've moved far away now but if I could, I'd be searching too.
You're doing great

Previous post
Residence Date: 2004-2005. Address: 8, Harrow Road, Deeping St. Nicholas, PE11 3ES

This post just gave me goosebumps...he knows the area round here very well and this address is right near the cauliflower shop, jeez now i really think she is near here. Thank you so much for this information...

I also have a memory of a convicted peado living on that road as i checked the local area before buying our house...will look it up again now...
MOO

This post just gave me goosebumps...he knows the area round here very well and this address is right near the cauliflower shop, jeez now i really think she is near here. Thank you so much for this information...

I also have a memory of a convicted peado living on that road as i checked the local area before buying our house...will look it up again now...
MOO

This must be the house he lived in right before meeting SAW?

Trust me I have spent hours reading up on this! but thanks for the advice. I spent time last night reading back on your theories and at one point you talked about potential body disposal in more than one site..there is also the possibility of it not being a quick passing for Bee. The prosecution put forward a scenario, it doesn't mean it was the exact way it played out.

I just want the police to check the two areas of concern...its upsetting me to the point i will have to go down there myself just so I can stop worrying about it. The thought of her discarded like rubbish is haunting me.

Does anyone know where he worked during his time living in DSNicholas? I haven't found that info out yet. There are gravel pits at the back of mine. Actually the turning to these pits is opposite the layby im worried about and potentially a 13 minutes drive to Glinton Services.

I need to go back and check the timeline, I understood she was potentially killed on Saturday morning and the drive out to COwbit was early hours of Sunday morning, I've obviously misunderstood the timeline. Thanks for patiently responding again :) edited to state All MOO
Cowbit was early hours Monday 20th July.

My own theories have evolve with every new piece of information. The one thing I am confident about is wherever ScW took BW that Saturday lunchtime, most likely already dead, had to be somewhere that he knew well and felt confident taking a body in broad daylight. And also to return to in the dark in the early hours to make good the concealment without raising suspicion. That could be a large number of places. Personally, I think it is a burial beyond chance finding, east of Peterborough, and within a mile or two of the A47. Those that know ScW well might be able to guess the locations he knows well. Ultimately, we will need ScW to reveal what happened to BW and what he did with her body.

Timeline by Tortoise

Ok, a further thought i've just had, some further info, Monday mornings at 8,30 am our rubbish is taken, every week, it's quite bad as we simply tie up our black bin bags and leave them on the side of the road, we don't have wheelie bins here. Houses have multiple bags outside, and most people put bags out on Sunday evening, we are one of the longest villages in the UK (6/7 miles I think) on a Monday morning the main road is littered with black bin bags, horrible to think about it, but is it possible that they disposed in this manner?
A previous resident would be well aware of this, as in Peterborough (Milfield) the rubbish collection is very different, black bins/household waste is collected once a fortnight, wheelie bins that get tipped etc...
MOO

Thank you.
The Police described ScW as 'a man on the edge', who fell apart in the dock and a jury decided had murdered his daughter and hidden her body, in order to cover up his years of sexual abuse. That doesn't suggest to me anything meticulous and creative about the crime. It only supports the view that he would have made sure her body would never be found.

Ok, a further thought i've just had, some further info, Monday mornings at 8,30 am our rubbish is taken, every week, it's quite bad as we simply tie up our black bin bags and leave them on the side of the road, we don't have wheelie bins here. Houses have multiple bags outside, and most people put bags out on Sunday evening, we are one of the longest villages in the UK (6/7 miles I think) on a Monday morning the main road is littered with black bin bags, horrible to think about it, but is it possible that they disposed in this manner?
A previous resident would be well aware of this, as in Peterborough (Milfield) the rubbish collection is very different, black bins/household waste is collected once a fortnight, wheelie bins that get tipped etc...
MOO
I wouldn't have thought dismemberment of a close family member is likely. That would also potentially leave lots of forensic evidence of which there is none. Much more likely burial or other whole body/person concealment. Dismember and disperse would be more likely of a stranger murder. MOO

I wouldn't have thought dismemberment of a close family member is likely. That would also potentially leave lots of forensic evidence of which there is none. Much more likely burial or other whole body/person concealment. Dismember and disperse would be more likely of a stranger murder. MOO

Neither is murdering your stepdaughter I suppose! It does fit in with your idea of the body NEVER being found though...

Thanks for this.
<respectfully snipped>

The phone was eventually switched back on at 3.30am, and at 3.08am they were back at their home in Century Square.

MOO Just because the phones were not switched on until 3 does not mean thats when they got home, or is there something I've missed? I;m guessing they had some talking to do and other kids to deal with maybe, also it throws everyone off the scent as to where they were.

edited to add a question in case i missed something ALL MOO

The 3:30am was journalist's error. Sarah's phone was switched back on at 3:03am, so it should read -

The phone was eventually switched back on at 3.03am, and at 3.08am they were back at their home in Century Square.

She put the phone on 5 minutes before arriving home, and they must have GPS information that lets them know she wasn't at home yet - hence the reports all throughout the trial that there was one hour and 20 mins of unexplained activity after Glinton, before they returned home.

Nathan Matthews did it to Becky, the step-sister he had grown up with. I don’t think you can flat-out dismiss the possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member