Found Safe GA - Caitlin Winchester, 14, missing after first day at N. Atlanta High School, 5 Aug 2021 *Arrest*

Its been 4 days, and no sign of her. I'm really worried. If it was just an accident of missing the bus or on the wrong bus, she would've turned up by now. So either this was intentional, or she's in trouble.

ATLANTA — The Federal Bureau of Investigation, Atlanta Police, and other agencies are assisting the Atlanta Public Schools Police Department to find a 14-year-old who disappeared on Thursday leaving school.

According to APS, witnesses last saw Caitlin Winchester walking away from North Atlanta High School around 4 p.m. last Thursday. They said she was on Northside Parkway headed toward Mt. Paran.

North Atlanta High student Caitlin Winchester missing | 11alive.com

Caitlin Winchester missing in Atlanta | 11alive.com
Updated: 5:53 PM EDT August 9, 2021
Missing In Georgia
FBI, Atlanta Police assisting in search for missing teen

''ATLANTA — The Federal Bureau of Investigation, Atlanta Police, and other agencies are assisting the Atlanta Public Schools Police Department to find a 14-year-old who disappeared on Thursday leaving school.

According to APS, witnesses last saw Caitlin Winchester walking away from North Atlanta High School around 4 p.m. last Thursday. They said she was on Northside Parkway headed toward Mt. Paran.
According a statement APS released last week, the student didn't board a bus.''
''APS said Winchester's case has been entered into the Georgia Crime Information Center, a database that shares information about missing persons statewide.
Anyone who has have any information should contact Crime Stoppers or Atlanta Police.''
rbbm.

Well if she is the person who texted, she said she was actually on the bus and was not...at 5:30 pm.
Otherwise, someone else texted that.

I did see a news story about her today and did hear about the reward so that's good. And the reward is substantial so hopefully that will help.

I thought maybe since her mom is a teacher at a Middle School Log In or Sign Up to View, that maybe she was walking to her moms school to get a ride due to bus issues however and I googled the distance between the H.S. she went missing and the school her mom works at is kind of far ( approx 25 miles away).
So last reported above she was last seen at 4:40pm walking towards Mt Paran Rd. According to her school website the school hours are from 8:45am-3:45pm. IMO

Yes. That the phone just "clicks" indicates to me that the phone is answered and the call quickly disconnected before it can even ring.

If the phone I off, it would normally go to voice-mail. The click thing is interesting, I'm wondering if that's what someone hears when you block them, with an app such as Tmobile has.

Does she have a boyfriend/girlfriend? I am not really sure what her social circle is like, but having a 14 year old myself, a lot of teens spent quite a bit of time online during Covid. There would have been plenty of time to develop some sort of online relationship.

Does she have a boyfriend/girlfriend? I am not really sure what her social circle is like, but having a 14 year old myself, a lot of teens spent quite a bit of time online during Covid. There would have been plenty of time to develop some sort of online relationship.
I really have to agree/accept this because these kids have been stuck home with no personal socializing and their only contact is really online. Makes for such a dangerous situation and yet difficult for a parent to oversee. We've seen it before. Dear Lord, I hope she is out by choice. IMO

Caitlin Winchester missing in Atlanta | 11alive.com
Updated: 5:53 PM EDT August 9, 2021
Missing In Georgia
FBI, Atlanta Police assisting in search for missing teen

''ATLANTA — The Federal Bureau of Investigation, Atlanta Police, and other agencies are assisting the Atlanta Public Schools Police Department to find a 14-year-old who disappeared on Thursday leaving school.

According a statement APS released last week, the student didn't board a bus.''
''APS said Winchester's case has been entered into the Georgia Crime Information Center, a database that shares information about missing persons statewide.
Anyone who has have any information should contact Crime Stoppers or Atlanta Police.''
rbbm.

This is essential information about the case. They looking for her statewide now and when FBI is involved they probably have information she is endangered and that Caitlin might no longer be in Georgia. More and more a trafficking/abduction scenario.

Oh no, I just saw this. I’m immediately triggered and worried about this young girl. My granddaughter is also 14 years old. My daughter recently moved into a new neighborhood. She has to walk to catch a bus also I’m a bit concerned. She’s absolutely gorgeous and I’ve been worried for years that someone will take advantage of her. She’s very mature, athletic and a scrapper so I know if anyone tried to hurt or grab her that she would instinctively fight back as we’ve taught her. But still, young girls this age have hormones coming out their ears and are easily flattered by older charmers. I’m genuinely concerned for this girl. I know her parents want her safe back at home with them. Are they scrambling through her room and belongings trying to discover some telling clue as to where she might be?

caitlin-winchester-b-w.jpg

APS in a statement said its police department “has entered the student’s name into the Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) database, and is working with the family and other law enforcement agencies – including the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Atlanta Police Department – to find the student and return her safely to her family.”

APS added that the student did not board a school bus on Thursday. She was last seen wearing a black top and brown/red plaid skirt, according to North Atlanta High School.

A Facebook page was created to aid the search, posting images including the backpack the student wore the day she went missing. When asked, the owner of the Facebook page said they are a family friend of the Winchester family.
Search continues for missing North Atlanta student - Reporter Newspapers

rbbm.
Reward increased to $100k for North Atlanta High student missing after not making it home from school
''UPDATE:
Crime Stoppers confirms with CBS46 that the reward has increased to $100k in the search of 14-year-old Caitlin Winchester, who was reported missing after not making it home from school.

ATLANTA (CBS46) -- Time is of the essence for Angela and Roger Winchester. Their 14-year-old daughter, and only child, is missing.''
''Her mother and a neighbor canvassed their Buckhead neighborhood Friday handing out fliers in hopes that someone may have seen her in the area.

“With the phone, with the phone being off and dead and with the increasing rates of attacks and violence in the city recently a mother’s heart, a father’s heart is wounded to even contemplate that possibility. So again, we’re hopeful and we’re prayerful and if anyone has any information on our sweet girl please just help us bring her home,” Angela Winchester said.''

Reward increased to $100k for North Atlanta High student missing after not making it home from school

I apologize if any of the following has been discussed and/or posted...I’ll go back and try to catch up on CW’s thread.

Wonder how far it is from the school to her house?
Is it possible she just got impatient waiting for the bus or maybe all the bus “confusion” was too much for her so she decided to just walk home?
And she was untruthful about being on the bus at 5:40 in attempt at avoiding being in trouble for not riding the bus as discussed?
(Just thinking aloud; throwing out ideas)

From the article linked above:

Her father said she decided to ride the bus home and even texted to say she was on the bus in traffic as late as 5:40 PM yesterday.

“We are accustomed to using the “where’s my bus app” and it’s usually pretty accurate. We looked for it, logged on and there was no data and no information yesterday and the school even admitted it wasn’t working for them,” Angela Winchester said.

The school also told the Winchester’s that they reviewed video footage on Caitlin’s bus and did not see her on it.

“We spoke with a bus driver and she said actually there were so many buses running behind schedule, like super late, and there was a crowd of kids that said wait, wait, wait, I want to go home and kids that didn’t even belong on that bus were begging please take me home and they hopped on the wrong bus,” Angela Winchester said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back