Found Deceased IL - Kya Weatherholt, 1, Calhoun County, 7 Aug 2021

Her name is Kya Weatherholt. Can mods please update it?
Missing 1-year-old girl found dead in Calhoun County, Illinois (fox2now.com)

IMO there's a lot more to this story, what 1 year old walks 250 yards to water at 10:00pm at night after her parents were putting her to bed but her brother (how old?) let her out the door?

<modsnip: Naming and sleuthing of family members and other individuals who are not named POIs is not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Her name is Kya Weatherholt. Can mods please update it?
Missing 1-year-old girl found dead in Calhoun County, Illinois (fox2now.com)

IMO there's a lot more to this story, what 1 year old walks 250 yards to water at 10:00pm at night after her parents were putting her to bed but her brother (how old?) let her out the door?

<modsnip: Naming and sleuthing of family members and other individuals who are not named POIs is not allowed>
Thank you, my mistake. I was going off the news video and didn’t have time to do more research. I just wanted her to have a thread. It’s been awhile since I’ve made one too.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.illinoisnewstoday.com/a-missing-1-year-old-girl-was-found-dead-in-calhoun-county-illinois/335194/

“Kya Weatherholt was missing from 10:30 pm on Saturday.

“I don’t know. This doesn’t make sense to me,” said Kya’s father, Brenden Shenberger.

Her parents said they were going out for dinner and preparing her for bed when her brother took her out of the front door.

“When we arrived at the scene and brought a corpse dog along the way so that we could track the baby,” said Sheriff William “Bill” Hefington of Calhorn County.”

What is this about her brother taking her outside at 10:30 pm? Wonder what age he is. Can’t imagine why the parents would’ve allowed that, if they saw it happening…and if they didn’t see it themselves, are they putting too much stock in the account their other child told them?

Also, aren’t 1-year olds usually sleeping (or, at least, their parents are trying to get them to sleep) at that late hour?

Can a 1-year-old even walk 250 yards, in the dark? My kids were just learning to walk at one and didn't get far before they plopped on their bottoms. Just wondering. :confused:
She could have been closer to 2. I haven’t seen her birthdate anywhere yet.

Can a 1-year-old even walk 250 yards, in the dark? My kids were just learning to walk at one and didn't get far before they plopped on their bottoms. Just wondering. :confused:
We have a just turned one year old in the family that started walking quite a while ago, moves fast, and could easily walk that far. We don’t dare take our eyes away. It is scary.
Poor Kya. What a doll :(

Definitely! One of mine was walking and wriggling out of her clip-on chair before 12mo. The rest waited until 12mo but there was no plopping down - just running. There’s a huge diversity in that 12-24mo range IMO.

Just thinking out loud about this part of "Getting her ready for bed" - wonder if that included giving her a bath before bed? And “The dogs did lead us to a pond area but no body was found or anything,” Heffington said. “Then one of the volunteers this morning did find a body deceased". What if a bathtub accident was later moved to the pond?

JMO I agree kids can take off, but I'd feel easier about that if it wasn't dark outside.

New to this case. It says parents were going out and getting her ready for bed when the brother took her outside. Why so vague? How old is the brother? Did he take her outside while parents were still home getting her ready or did the brother take her outside after parents left? Who was in charge of the children if the parents were going out to dinner. Ten at night is late for dinner. We need a more descriptive timeline.

New to this case. It says parents were going out and getting her ready for bed when the brother took her outside. Why so vague? How old is the brother? Did he take her outside while parents were still home getting her ready or did the brother take her outside after parents left? Who was in charge of the children if the parents were going out to dinner. Ten at night is late for dinner. We need a more descriptive timeline.
Did anyone find out how old the brother was and id he took her outside while parent were home or gone. If he took her outside - why didn't he stay with her? He just took her outside, plopped her down and went back inside. Doesn't make sense to me.

Just thinking out loud about this part of "Getting her ready for bed" - wonder if that included giving her a bath before bed? And “The dogs did lead us to a pond area but no body was found or anything,” Heffington said. “Then one of the volunteers this morning did find a body deceased". What if a bathtub accident was later moved to the pond?

JMO I agree kids can take off, but I'd feel easier about that if it wasn't dark outside.
Sounds more plausible than what they are saying.

She was born in March 2020 so she was 17 months - but still - that late at nite- she's alone - it's dark & she's hearing all of those nite time sounds - I would've expected her to sit
Down and start crying her lungs out.
exactly!!!!!! She would have sat down... LIKE EVERY CHILD DOES. Having had many kids, i know that is exactly what small toddlers do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back