Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #70 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that theory. I’m trying to figure out all the things he would have thrown away in all those locations, and sheets are as good as anything.
It seems he threw away what she was probably wearing. I think it was Lauren who tweeted it. @Niner typed the tweets earlier, but I can't find them.

It was something turquoise and something black and a blue bag.

So what is the defense play here?

Suzanne was home Saturday sending selfies.
Barry came home, she was drunk.
He starting shooting chipmunks around the house.
Hot tub evening with Suzanne.
Suzanne friends older men on FB til midnight.
Barry rides around in the middle of the night.
Goes on to work on a Sunday where he can’t legally work.
Watches Fox News and basketball in a hotel.
Cleans out his car in 6 different trash cans.
While Suzanne rides her bike and gets abducted by a mountain lion who takes her to Ecuador.

Is this the gist of it?
^^^^ Funniest post I’ve read in ages! Thank you for the levity!
#ROFLMAO

I don’t think so. Seems to be triggered on Saturday by Suzanne wanting out, him possibly trying to see who she was texting with etc. I’m being careful not to say crime of passion because I realize there’s a legal context to that term. And this is Murder 1 so maybe prosecution has more about a pre-plan.
Maybe an escalation of the fight which was said to happen Friday, then Suzanne saying "I'm Done"?

I sort of think his suicide talk, was somewhat genuine. Seems like maybe he was escalating emotionally and maybe had thought of taking his life. Did he use that to manipulate Suzanne, 100%. Barry couldn't lose - his control, his money, his wife, his kids, his reputation, his ego, his house, his business. I think he thought ALL of that was in jeopardy. With the girls being gone, the safety buffers weren't in place.

I'm a solid 50/50 on planned or a situation that escalated out of control.

https://twitter.com/sydneestelle/status/1425133896266563593?s=21

Although we haven't seen any evidence confirming #BarryMorphew was having an affair, he did search the internet for “searching for a cute girl near Salida”. #SuzanneMorphew also bought a spy pen to secretly record Barry because she thought he was having an affair.

They've now called Former FBI Agent Jonathan Grusing to the stand who specializes in no-body homicide cases. He interviewed #BarryMorphew. He's detailing the day before Suzanne disappeared, saying she had veggie soup with Barry for lunch.

Then, Barry left to run an errand, he came home around 2:44 p.m. While he was gone, Suzanne was sunbathing. She sent photos of herself to the man she was having an affair with around 2:11 p.m.

When he came home, his phone shows that he moved around his house in a pattern. He said he was shooting chipmunks. They found a tranquilizer dart in the dryer trap of the Morphew home. At 2:47 p.m., his phone goes into airplane mode. It doesn't come back online until 10:17 p.m.

Investigators used technology in Barry's truck to find out when the doors opened and closed. At 5:33 p.m. on 5/9/20 (the day before Suzanne's reported missed), his truck shows a message that says, "power removed, system reboot”.

Then, at 9:24, the driver door closes and backs 96 feet out of their driveway. Passenger doors are opening and closing until 9:56 p.m. The next activity is at 3:25 a.m. the next morning -- driver doors opening and closing until 3:52 a.m. at the edge of the driveway.

From there, phone movements show a straight line to where County Road 225 intersects with Highway 50, which close to where Suzanne's bike is recovered. Experts told Grusing they can’t say this is where Barry’s phone is moving. It’s “strafing.”

As a reminder, #BarryMorphew told investigators that he left the house at 5:00 a.m. the day she disappeared. He said she was sound asleep when he left.

#SuzanneMorphew's phone last registered a signal far from the Morphew home at 4:10-4:22 a.m. on the day she was reported missing. It didn't register any other signals after that.

At 8:11 a.m., #BarryMorphew went to a large trash receptacle at a work site to throw things away, he was there for a minute and half. This was his first trash run of the day. He texted Suzanne again at 8:41 a.m. telling her he made it to Broomfield and asked her to call him.

At this point, he enters a hotel room wearing a long sleeve shirt. He comes out of his room an hour later wearing a short sleeve shirt. The prosecution said the fact that he changed in noteworthy. He's also carrying a bag when leaves the room.

https://twitter.com/sydneestelle/status/1425159872778276865?s=21

Photos show that #BarryMorphew also took bags from his truck and put them by a curb. He leaves them there and then walks back to his truck. Then, he picks up a tree planter/container and a camo jacket and puts them in a dumpster.

At 5:15 p.m., his neighbor, Jeanne Ritter, calls Barry. It appears he was at his hotel at this time, but on 5/13/2020, he told investigators that he was at his work site when she called.

Absolutely agree. I'm looking forward to hearing of the searches he made.

I'm thinking a guy that reboots his "whatever" on his truck (see I would be the juror that would need a layman explanation of this), listens to true crime podcasts, takes body parts to different dumpsters, and also puts his phone on airplane mode probably goes Incognito in searches (but he can still be tracked Incognito), or doesn't use his phone for this purpose. Maybe he used the library. Maybe her phone. We shall see......

True. We don't know if they are missing or not.

I was thinking if the sheet(s) were missing, his wrapping her in them before disposing of her body might make sense.

JMVHO.
Yes, definitely.
MOO searches next time.
Are there others, like me, who get really worried, when Defence, pokes at 'findings'?
A juror may also feel like me, if it goes to trial.:(
With the 'finding fault' with LE evidence in first 2 days, I hope more definite results can be verified.
I dread Defence summing up, presenting 'what they will label as mistakes'.

MOO Nothing got a hole in it except the perceptiom the D has tech skills.

I consider the whole cross complete flak.

D brought a report done in a different analysis program, Cellubrite, one the FBI does not use and asked the witness to make sense of it.

I just don't think he loved Suzanne any more. But he loved their marital assets. And wasn't willing to part with any of them.
I agree and think it was more about not losing anything in a divorce. And his big fat ego was bruised by Suzanne leaving him for another man. Just look at his actions or lack thereof after she was gone from his life…he moved on right away without even helping to search for Suzanne, getting the guardianship, buying and selling property & vehicles, working out, improving his looks and dating. Oh and getting rid of her clothes…that one really got to me. He was so obviously not acting like a man grieving the loss of the love of his life. I doubt he even feels any guilt or remorse except being sorry he made so many dumb mistakes and got caught! MOO

Thanks to everyone who posted the tweets and to everyone for their posts.

For me on the other side of world over here, the tweets, posts, thoughts & ideas are brilliant.

I have wanted to be here online for Suzanne but the time difference & work has meant that catching up is the best that I can do so your posts are vital to me & are greatly appreciated!

If he really intended on going hiking with SM when he got home, I think he probably put the phone in Airplane mode to avoid receiving calls from his gf, and also not have to disable the phone in SM's presence. It was probably force of habit for him! MOO

Maybe he originally planned to kill her on the hike but changed his mind when she aked where he wanted to hike (in case she might have told someone where they were headed). Remember, he never answered her when she asked where. MOO.

I luv your thought process but didn't she have her phone on the 9th sunbathing taking pictures of herself at 2:11pm?
Maybe I have the date wrong.
@EggSalad

Replying to you both.
I know you'll probably think I'm out there but what if BM had both phones with him.
The texts don't make sense to me either.
Could the photo of Suzanne in her swimsuit have been taken from the cloud or his phone or even a laptop etc and then sent from her phone?
I don't have a 'cloud' or at least I don't think so. I have an android.
I'm also confused about the pizza run where Suzanne supposedly sent a photo of BM to her daughters?
Wasn't Suzanne 'talking' with JL when he was picking up the pizza and she had a little bit of time?
There were conflicting dates of all of these things in the tweets.
My laptop has been wonky all day, don't know if's the traffic or too many twitter accts etc in tabs so it's been hard for me to check for corrections of tweets.
Pretty sure all of the above happened on 5/8 or 5/9 or both.
If anyone has the correct times/dates, I'd really appreciate your help. :)

It seems he threw away what she was probably wearing. I think it was Lauren who tweeted it. @Niner typed the tweets earlier, but I can't find them.

If she was surprised when sunbathing and this is when he tranquilized her she probably had a swimsuit on. I’m thinking to sell his biking story he went and picked a turquoise biking shirt and black bike shorts from her drawer or dirty laundry.

Remember his very detailed note he left at the market that when she went missing she had a baby blue helmet and biking clothing. JMO

Attachments

• 4788A275-B0FA-4015-93DC-FF5C7C54917A.jpeg
    4788A275-B0FA-4015-93DC-FF5C7C54917A.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 25
  • FB64DB19-FB50-41BF-9511-7D5D08F94D15.jpeg
    FB64DB19-FB50-41BF-9511-7D5D08F94D15.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 28

Hopefully @NoSI can tell us what color bikini Suzanne had on in that selfie picture shown in court. I've seen a picture of her in a turquoise bikini, that would be interesting wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks