Found Deceased CA - Dolores Wulff, 45, Woodland, 31 July 1979

This Namus link is dead but do you recall if the UID was the one that ended up being her?
Benicia police solves identity of torso found in 1979 through DNA match

wulff___22185437717.jpg

Benicia Police Department announced on Thursday that they have positively identified a torso that washed up on the shoreline 41 years ago.

Police say the case reopened in July this year when the Doe Network contacted Solano County Coroner’s Office and suggested a body found in 1979 might have been matched with an identity. Detectives determined that was not the case, and that the identity was not related to the torso.

However, a persistent sergeant expanded the search of missing women from 1979 from the areas of Sacramento to San Francisco.

Based on Benicia detective Sgt. Kenneth Hart’s findings, 11 results returned similar, but one stood out in the case of Dolores Wulff.

Wulff went missing on the night of July 31, 1979 from her home in Woodland in Yolo County. At the time, her husband was considered a suspect and arrested, but ultimately the case was dismissed for a lack of evidence. Her husband died in 2005.
---
Investigators, with cooperation from Solano County Sheriff’s Office, determined the DNA was a match with the exhumed body found in 1979.

Confirmation came from the Department of Justice’s DNA lab this week that the femur bone from the partial recovered body was in fact that of Dolores Wulff’s.

Benicia police solves identity of torso found in 1979 through DNA match
Body Found In 1979 Identified As Missing Woman: Benicia Police
have flagged this post to admins so that the thread can be updated to found deceased.

This Namus link is dead but do you recall if the UID was the one that ended up being her?

When I clicked on that link even though it no longer exists it shows number of the Case#/15567 on the top.

And Yes, unknown torso found was that same case number as member sluethermac suggested here in 2018 - NamUs #UP15567. I wonder if he called it in and it should be marked as Match.

Here is link to case of Dolores as Unidentified. You can see details of that NamUs in the first post there -

Identified! - CA - Benicia, WhtFem, 30-45, torso and legs, Sept’79 - Dolores Wulff

Good eye sunnynz.

When I clicked on that link even though it no longer exists it shows number of the Case#/15567 on the top.

And Yes, unknown torso found was that same case number as member sluethermac suggested here in 2018 - NamUs #UP15567. I wonder if he called it in and it should be marked as Match.

Here is link to case of Dolores as Unidentified. You can see details of that NamUs in the first post there -

Identified! - CA - Benicia, WhtFem, 30-45, torso and legs, Sept’79 - Dolores Wulff

Good eye sunnynz.
I did not submit it in unfortunately, I was nervous about contacting LE (I would've been 17 in 2018) but I do believe the case I suggested was a match. Your thanks' are appreciated, however we should be putting more praise into whoever notified LE on the potential match.

Last edited:
I did not submit it in unfortunately, I was nervous about contacting LE (I would've been 17 in 2018) but I do believe the case I suggested was a match. Your thanks' are appreciated, however we should be putting more praise into whoever notified LE on the potential match.
I definitely wouldn’t beat yourself up about that. I wouldn’t have had the confidence to do it at that age.

I just read this, great thorough article. Sadly this feels like a story that would apply to many of the missing women from this time period. Husbands or boyfriends who claim the woman left. Sickening to think how many men got away with this.

For me, the best thing I can do is be open to helping any of my friends or family who may be going through a domestic violence situation and be a supportive and sympathetic ear.

also hard to believe that police never connected the dots between the uid and Dolores at the time. I am from a pace with one centralised police force across the whole country and this would never happen because any missing person or uid gets communicated nationwide. I appreciate that the US is a big country and that’s a different scenario. But if it got missed in Dolores’ case because different LE agencies worked in silos then that seems a real shame

I just read this, great thorough article. Sadly this feels like a story that would apply to many of the missing women from this time period. Husbands or boyfriends who claim the woman left. Sickening to think how many men got away with this.

For me, the best thing I can do is be open to helping any of my friends or family who may be going through a domestic violence situation and be a supportive and sympathetic ear.

also hard to believe that police never connected the dots between the uid and Dolores at the time. I am from a pace with one centralised police force across the whole country and this would never happen because any missing person or uid gets communicated nationwide. I appreciate that the US is a big country and that’s a different scenario. But if it got missed in Dolores’ case because different LE agencies worked in silos then that seems a real shame

It frustrates me every time I read a case where law enforcement did little or nothing to solve cases. It happens and has happened far too often. I do not know if this is the case here though. My first thought was anger at her remains being found a month and a half later and 50 miles away yet it taking so long to identify her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back