UK - Jomaa Jerrare, 52, murdered & burned, Staffordshire, 9 Aug 2021

Mellowmelly

Reaction score
I know this area very well. It has taken a while to reach national news, which is odd given the circumstances.

The location is the first quiet bit of road that you come to driving out of the city into the countryside. Wolverhampton has a lot of countryside to the west of it. It is a long lay-by and feels very different as if you have crossed over from the city to the countryside.

Yes what Aizeneh has said above and from my experience, lay by's are mainly on country type roads.
I'm guessing it could take them a while to identify her and does her being burned indicate that the murderer was known to the victim ? I can't imagine what she must have went through, its very sad.

I know this area very well. It has taken a while to reach national news, which is odd given the circumstances.

The location is the first quiet bit of road that you come to driving out of the city into the countryside. Wolverhampton has a lot of countryside to the west of it. It is a long lay-by and feels very different as if you have crossed over from the city to the countryside.

Thanks Aizeneh, I was wondering what the area was like. I've been to Wolverhampton but not the area where the victim was found.
It has taken a while to be reported on national news.

Police ask for help identifying body of woman found burned on roadside
''Police have appealed to the public for help in identifying a young woman who is suspected to have been murdered after her badly burned body was found by a road in Staffordshire.

Officers found the woman in a layby Bridgnorth Road, near Perton in the south of the county, around 3am on Monday after receiving reports of suspicious activity.

The woman had been set alight at the roadside and had significant burn marks on her body, Staffordshire Police said.

Police are conducting forensic testing and pursuing multiple lines of inquiry in trying to identify her.

Officers described the woman as being of slight build and she was believed to have been aged between her late teens and 30.

Anyone who was in the area of Bridgnorth Road between 1am and 3am on Monday is asked to contact the police.

Detective Superintendent Tom Chisholm said: “We believe the young woman was driven to the site. Did you witness anything or have local dashcam or CCTV footage?

“Are you aware of any girls or women who are missing or unusual activity in the area Sunday night into the early hours of Monday morning?”

He added: “This was a shocking and dreadful incident and we are determined, with your help and support, to bring those responsible to justice. We will provide further updates as soon as we are able to do so.”

Anyone with any information is asked to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, or on the Major Incident Public Portal online.''

Gosh what a dreadful case. I hope she had already passed before the fire started.
Not too sure..
Aug 10 2021
Young woman dumped in layby and set on fire next to main road
''She had significant burn marks to her body and is believed to have been driven to the main road in Perton before being set on fire in the early hours.

The lead detective today described the woman's death as a "shocking and dreadful incident" as he appealed for anyone who thinks they may know who the woman is to come forward.''

''Forensic testing is being carried out on the woman but as of Tuesday afternoon neither her ethnicity or age had been confirmed.

Detective Superintendent Tom Chisholm, of Staffordshire Police, said: We've launched a major investigation and are conducting multiple inquiries, but it's critical that we identify who this young woman was as soon as we reasonably can.''
''Anyone who believes they may know who the woman is, or was in the area of the Bridgnorth Road between 1am and 3am on Monday, is asked to contact police.''

Anyone with information is asked to call Staffordshire Police on 101 visit mipp.police.uk/operation/STAFFS21H10-PO1, quoting incident number 42 of August 9, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Not too sure..
Aug 10 2021
Young woman dumped in layby and set on fire next to main road
''She had significant burn marks to her body and is believed to have been driven to the main road in Perton before being set on fire in the early hours.

The lead detective today described the woman's death as a "shocking and dreadful incident" as he appealed for anyone who thinks they may know who the woman is to come forward.''

''Forensic testing is being carried out on the woman but as of Tuesday afternoon neither her ethnicity or age had been confirmed.

Detective Superintendent Tom Chisholm, of Staffordshire Police, said: We've launched a major investigation and are conducting multiple inquiries, but it's critical that we identify who this young woman was as soon as we reasonably can.''
''Anyone who believes they may know who the woman is, or was in the area of the Bridgnorth Road between 1am and 3am on Monday, is asked to contact police.''

Anyone with information is asked to call Staffordshire Police on 101 visit mipp.police.uk/operation/STAFFS21H10-PO1, quoting incident number 42 of August 9, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
How awful

Heartbreaking and horrendous. Sadly there are so many cases all around the world where people (mostly women) are set on fire. There are even studies about perpetrators profiles, people who tend to do this kind of thing. It's possibly too graphic for the public to share if this woman was alive or already deceased. When she was alive she would have inhaled smoke and would have the "typical" boxing arm/fists pose. They know. I hope they manage to identify her soon and justice comes swift.

Three Ways to Detect Pre-Burning Trauma on Burned Bones - In The Loop

The Pugilistic posture.

When subjected to fire, the human body initially takes on the pugilistic posture, also called the boxer’s pose, where the fingers, wrists, elbows, and knees flex. This posture occurs because fire makes the muscles shrink, which in turn causes the joints to flex. If a body in a fire does not take on a pugilistic posture it can be a clue that the joints are damaged and unable to flex, perhaps indicating that the victim suffered pre-burning skeletal trauma. The pugilistic posture can only be examined on bodies that possess burned soft tissue. If the soft tissue is fully consumed by fire, only skeletal fragments remain and forensic anthropologists will be called upon to look for evidence of trauma on the bone.

Edit to add.

Last edited:
I have been following this case as its around 7 miles or so from where I live.
I'd driven past the lay-by the day before.
I'd be surprised if the person knew the area well as although on photos the road looks rural its actually a busy road. Even in the early hours to set fire to someone there would be very risky.

I am wondering if there is a link to “honour” killings with this. A young woman, no clue as who she is yet, no reports of a missing person etc and the callous nature of setting a fire, along with this not being prominent in the National press.

This lay-by is tarmac, but quite pothole ridden, and not well surfaced, but if you were driving out of the city using that road, that would be the first area where you could stop that wouldn’t be overlooked etc.

Horrific circumstances, I hope she is identified soon and her murderer is found and locked up.

I have been following this case as its around 7 miles or so from where I live.
I'd driven past the lay-by the day before.
I'd be surprised if the person knew the area well as although on photos the road looks rural its actually a busy road. Even in the early hours to set fire to someone there would be very risky.
I agree. If you know the area even reasonably well, there are lots of places that are off the main road. There was a murder, Kevin Nunes, relates to drugs a number of years back, and he was driven out of the city a few miles away from this (maybe 2 or 3?) and then taken down a country Lane to be murdered.

This is a busy road, even at that time in the morning. The location of the forensics tent, being very close to Wolverhampton End, is interesting I would expect them to pull over at the other end to allow their car to turn in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back